New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Harry Potter d20 A Beginning (IC)

Brandishing his wand, Dorian looked to the others; they hadn't learned anything, as far as he could tell, that would allow them to lift large rocks.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

2. - Top - End - #182

RedWizardGuy

OOC: As per the rules if you haven't learned enough to cast it as practiced you can still cast it although with +5 added to the dc. Also, if you cast the spell please put in the spell that you are casting so it is clear, just saves on my confusion.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

"Is this how they normally do things at Hogwarts?" Kayli asks no one in particular before jumping at the sound of the loud thud behind them.

After approaching the large marble ring, Kayli pulls out her wand and swishes it at a smaller piece of rubble as she says, "Wingardium Leviosa!".

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[22]

Spell: Wingardium Leviosa
    DC: 15 + 1 for each pound over 10

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, uhh, what is it you want us to do exactly? Do we need to go down the chute, slide, thing? Cal scratched his head with his wand, and as he did, he could feel his head tingle. Yikes, I should be more careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #185

RedWizardGuy

AtlanteanTroll: The professor nods and smiles at you and the door slams shut as you hurry to catch the rest of the group.

Aranii: You brandish you wand and as you do so a good size rock the size of your head lifts up. Slowly, and carefully the rock floats over to a nearby chute that appears to lead someone downlevel. As you do so you see something that was under a the rock.

OOC: Spot checks if you please everybody.

6. - Top - End - #186

Beholder

"Wow, good job!" Dorian said, pointing his wand to another rock. He cast the spell - as they had learned in class - "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I'm not sure which check to make. I assume that it is a Charm, since it's taught in Charms Class. I have the [Fast Learner] feat, so I should know it, right?

Ok.

(1d20+7)[8]

Poor Dorian can never catch a break with charms!

I can't add another roll in here, so I'll have to wait til someone else posts, because otherwise I'll get an infraction for double-posting.
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2011-02-10 at 09:57 AM.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check: (1d20-4)[3]

I don't think Kayli will be noticing anything soon. :P
    Last edited by Ilriyn; 2011-02-10 at 05:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

RedWizardGuy

As Kayli moves one of the rocks she notices she has a hair in her eye and then quickly brushes it away.

9. - Top - End - #189

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Dorian's spot check: (1d20+3)[9]

10. - Top - End - #190

RedWizardGuy

Dorian notices that something seems to be inscribed a royal blue that is partially covered by rocks. It seems to be part of a symbol.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Let's see. (Hehehehe.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[9]

12. - Top - End - #192

RedWizardGuy

Cal manages to see that there is a bit of royal blue covered by some of the fallen rocks. From the way you are looking at it it looks like a curved symbol.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

OOC: It's just the three of us in here right?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

"I think I have a wizardly prediction to make", Kayli says as she brushes a strand of hair out of her face. "I predict... That we're going to get bored of this very soon."

OOC: As far as we know, it's only us three I believe.

15. - Top - End - #195

Beholder

"And that I won't ever master this charm!" Dorian said - though his nerves had been soothed by her joke, such that what he was saying was more joke than anxiety now. "Stupid spell. I bet I could transmute the rock ... if I knew any of those spells."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cal rolls his tounge around in his cheek. You know, Transifguration does sounds fun. I wonder... Cal points his wand at one of the rocks with the blue symbols on them. Transform darn you!!

(1d20+9)[23]

17. - Top - End - #197

Beholder

Dorian tries too, using the same pseudo-latin that most spells were, "Transformus...minimus!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Transmutation check: (1d20+9)[14]

18. - Top - End - #198

RedWizardGuy

Guys I have some bad news. Honestly I think I've done a horrible job as a DM. I'm inconsistant with my posts and I know I write fairly badly. New Harry Potter d20 is almost non existant until summer when I have free time again as the project is dead and I have received little input from the general community at my attempts to restart it. As such I think I am going to have to stop DMing this game not that I was doing it that well anyway. I'm really sorry to do this to you guys once again but its not fair for me to keep doing this to you. I will be here of course churning out what harry potter stuff that I can, and answering questions but I don't think DMing it is my forte at least for right now.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Imbasel View Post
    Guys I have some bad news. Honestly I think I've done a horrible job as a DM. I'm inconsistant with my posts
    True, but we can deal with that.

and I know I write fairly badly.
    Not true. If you're quitting the game because you are too busy or some other legitimate reason, I can understand that. But quitting the game because you think you're a bad DM is a bad reason, because you're not.

20. - Top - End - #200

Beholder

Gotta agree with Aranii here.

PbP games are by their nature inconsistent paced - that's why everything's written, so we can just look it up.

I have had games go into hibernation for months only to come back alive and well shortly thereafter.

21. - Top - End - #201

RedWizardGuy

OOC: Well, I just feel like well my actual writing is bad in terms of development of the story. If you guys are willing I can start again I just feel so discouraged because of what I've done to you guys and how the project has gone overall. So what do you guys think?

Also, this next section should move along pretty quickly should we continue.

22. - Top - End - #202

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Imbasel View Post
    OOC: Well, I just feel like well my actual writing is bad in terms of development of the story. If you guys are willing I can start again I just feel so discouraged because of what I've done to you guys and how the project has gone overall. So what do you guys think?

Also, this next section should move along pretty quickly should we continue.
    Don't worry about us. If we were unhappy we won't still be posting, would we?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obrysii View Post
    Don't worry about us. If we were unhappy we won't still be posting, would we?
    Exactly. I think we're all very pleased with the game. Post as often as you can, but don't worry if the progress of your project isn't living up to your expectations. This is one of the reasons why we're doing this game, to see what work needs to be done.