New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [NEXUS] Home III: Third Time's the Charm

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

Examples:
    Spoiler
    Show

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located near Inside and the Taverna Generica.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Town civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================

Locations:
    Spoiler
    Show

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois.

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Player: Kid Kris
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further Description, may update.

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.

Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
    Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. This is where Edijar has been hiding out since the coup and revolution in Inside, with his girlfriend Charity. The cabin, as may be guessed, belongs to Basil, one of Charity's former "friends with benefits", and he offered it to them when it was clear they couldn't safely return to Edijar's home. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Home 1 - Home 2
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-08-18 at 09:52 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] Home III: Third Time's the Charm

[Al's Lab]

Al finishes eating and nods. " Good, good. It will be nice to have another pair of hands working with me when I need them. " He says and stands up to head for the shower.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Delta nods in response. When he gets into the bathroom, she starts cleaning up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

And I'm gonna deadtime here. Not feeling too great right now.

-Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #5

Alright then. Hope you feel better.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, a nice bath or shower usually makes me feel better, which I do right now.

[Al's Lab]

Breaking with routine once Al is done cleaning he goes downstairs to work in the lab.

-Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #7

[Al's Lab]

Delta is a little surprised by this, but she doesn't question it. She just continues doing her duties.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

And Al goes down to check on Mr.Steam and Palta. He's more interested in Palta but he should check on the steam guy.

-Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #9

[Al's Lab]

Steam man is floating around in his cell. Seems he's gotten the hang of movement now.

Palta is still right where she was. She shows no physical signs of breathing or anything, but with her being a spirit, that's normal.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Well, Al thinks it's time for experimenting with that little syringe of super fluid he got from Palta. What kind of experiments? The experiments that require lab rats. And by lab rats I mean fully functional healthy human beings.

Experiment the first: See how much healing power it has. Part one, cut out someones eye and put liquid in close proximity. If nothing happens apply a drop to wounded area. Repeat ten or so times for different wounds including loss of limb, organ loss and finally a wound that killed a person.

Experiment the second: Take the rest of the liquid left over and inject straight into someones heart/brain. Step back and see what happens.

Full surveillance of many sorts for each experiment.

-Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #11

[Al's Lab]

Yay results!

When the liquid is near any wounds, it does glow, and the wound slowly heals. It works faster when applied directly to the wound. This seems to work on everything except the dead guy. Any wounds on the dead guy's body will close and all, but he'll still be dead.

Also, on wounds caused by magical means, they don't heal a hundred percent. Sure, physical evidence of the damage is gone, but there's always some side effect that seems to be tied to whatever caused the original wound. It's never anything major, and most of the effects can just be tacked up as another thing to put up with in the day.

As for them injections, it'll work just like pouring it into a wound. Repair any existing damage, and then just kind of fade into nothingness.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Al hums to himself in thought. " Can only get it to repair wounds so far. Doubt it can bring back the dead. Need to find out more. " Al taps on his computer and brings up the security feed from Palta's room.

-Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #13

[Al's Lab]

Palta lies perfectly still. The ribbon that usually floats around her now lies across her, positioned just right to cover what needs to be covered. Convenient.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Oh, Al new she would be holding perfectly still, to normal people. What he's looking at more interestedly is her eyes and fingers. Fingers because those are usually the first thing that twitches and eyes well because even when closed you usually still move them if your awake.

-Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #15

[Al's Lab]

Yes, those things do apply to humans. However, Palta is not human.

As such, Al will notice no movements at all. Not even the twitching of her eyes under her eyelids.

Nothing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Hmm, interesting indeed. So, Al pushes the intercom button. " Palta, are you awake? "

-Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #17

[Al's Lab]

Palta gives no response.

Delta did say that new sedatives should be added once a day. Maybe the current ones haven't worn off yet?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Al thinks for a second and decides to increase the power of the anti-magic barrier and then works on some other projects while keeping a close eye on Palta.

-Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #19

[Al's Lab]

For a long time, nothing happens.

Then, she slowly starts glowing a little brighter. The ribbon starts moving slightly. It stays where it is, but fluctuates. Like a big, flat, white snake.

Her eyes remain closed for now, and she remains still.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Al notices this and diverts his full attention to her. He even gets up and goes to her cell and watches her from there, just outside.

-Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #21

[Al's Lab]

For a while, nothing changes. The glow stops growing, and the ribbon doesn't move any more than it is.

Then, her eyes open. They are pure white.

She lays still for a moment, taking in what she can see. Then she slowly sits up and looks straight ahead. The ribbon follows, keeping the needed parts covered.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Al smirks. " Ah, so you're up now. I know who you are Palta but let me introduce myself, I am Allen Rato. " He says with a quick short bow, almost mocking her with it. " And I must say you are truly fascinating. "

-Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #23

[Al's Lab]

Palta returns the bow with a nod. She stays seated, her gaze watching Al. She has no expression on her face at all.

Hello, Allen. Might I ask why I am here?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

" Isn't it obvious? Because I find you fascinating. That and because some... business partners wanted you to be studied. I plan on doing just that. I wish to know how and why you work and what you can do. It is that simple. " Al says with a shrug and a nonchalant wave of his hand.

-Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #25

[Al's Lab]

Business partners? You mean the woman who caught me? Yep. She's knows that Selvik's a fake.

You wish to know how I work? What it is that makes me what I am? If I knew the exact answers, I would tell you. Sadly, I do not. I simply know that I am, and that I can help others.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Al sighs and shakes his head. " See but that isn't good enough for me. I have to know, I need to know. I've already found out that for the most part you are just celestial healing magic, but healing isn't the only thing you can do is it? That's what I would like to know first, what can you do. You can heal but can you hurt? Can you create life or destroy it? Can you bring back the dead? You know anything you can do, I would like to know. " Al says taking a step closer to the glass and the anti-magic barrier between the two of them.

-Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #27

[Al's Lab]

Palta continues to stare at him. Your need for knowledge is interesting, I must say.

I can heal all physical damage, as well as all damage caused by Base abilities. I have found that I am not as capable at healing damage caused by the various kinds of magic found here. I am not sure why.

I cannot create life. Even if I could, I would not want to. That is not my purpose.

I suppose I could cause harm. But only by throwing a punch. And that is something I simply do not do.

I can detect different life forces. No matter how well somebody disguises themselves, they cannot change their life force. Which is why I knew that my captor was a woman dressed like an old acquaintance.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

Al raises an eyebrow. " Is that all? Can you only heal and detect life? You cannot bind two or more people together? You can't manipulate life in any other way? If not then you are not nearly as fascinating as once thought. "

-Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #29

[Al's Lab]

Bind people together? Manipulate life? Why would you want to do such terrible things?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Al's Lab]

" Why? Why not? " Al says as he starts to pace back and forth in front of her prison.

" Humans and other humanoid creatures are just animals! Animals! Smart animals but animals non the less. We have been manipulating life nearly from the dawn of time. Little house dogs and cats used to be wolfs and wildcats. What changed them, humans did. They manipulated them until they got what they wanted. That's just what I want. To create a better being. Or more accurately a better being that fits into a specific niche. "

Al stops and turns towards Palta again. " I simply wish to make a better humanoid and I think you can help with that. "

-Nexus Characters