New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Auset

All was not well in the mortal world, not for long anyway, as a garganta opens up to spill out an entire mess smaller hollows who howl, screech, cackle, and hoot as they scatter in every direction. Last was a bigger hollow who looked a bit more...frantic but with seemingly good reason. A couple of deep gouges had yet to heal yet, but with the way it's skull-like head kept swiveling to look behind it, it seemed whatever had caused them was in close pursuit.

"Hey, hey, don't make me chase you all the way here. You're just being a pain in my ass now." A bored sounding voice calls from the still open garganta, a precursor to a massive bronze khopesh swings lazily through the air the big hollow had been in moments before.

And out stepped a most curious looking woman, bronzed as if from long exposure to the sun though that seems unlikely in the moonlight covered expanse of Hueco Mundo. The barely covered arrancar tilts her khopesh against her shoulder, grumbling a bit as she steps out fully into the mortal world. The hollows continue to scatter but Auset takes a moment to run a hand through her pony-tail and gives a heavy sigh.

"Ehh, this is such a bother..." comes another grumble and a weary sigh, closing her chocolate covered eyes and focusing for a moment to send out her pesiqua in order to keep tabs on her prey...and alerting any thing with the ability to sense spiritual pressure within ten kilometers. That is if the Seireitei hadn't alerted any shinigami in the region about the explosion of hollow activity in the region outside of the town.

A large chest is carried on her back, bound to it by the same bandages that barely give her a claim towards being modest, covered in hieroglyphics.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Team Two

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Switching his phone to radio setting as he strolls, Hachirou lifts the phone before his face and presses its tangent. "Teams One and Two, this is Team three. You copy?"
    Yoshi lifted his phone to his mouth, slowing his pace a bit.

"This is Team Two, we copy. Did you need something, Team-"

And then the Arrancar's pesquisa rolled over them, just as automated alerts began sounding from the phone.

"Holy crap! Team Three, did you just feel that?"

He held the phone away from his body for a moment.

"Kyou, halt! We need to coordinate!"

Yoshi himself stopped moving, standing for the moment in mid-air, bringing the phone back near his mouth.

"Team Three, how do we proceed?"

His voice carries...not panic, but active caution.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-08-21 at 06:56 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

[Team Two]

Kyou skids to a stop (well, as effectively as you can on air), looking back with a serious look. ...Well, a more serious look.

"...Well, whatever it is, it's probably trying to get our attention... It might be a trap. But if we don't go, it'll be wandering around unchecked... so really, damned if we do, damned if we don't." She scratches the back of her head. "I say we approach carefully and get an idea of what the threat is."

"But, you guys are in charge, so..."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-08-21 at 06:58 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Zaraki-kun, you're with me. Try not to let the pretty butterflies distract you." Kazuma began to pace once Hideuchi was cleared to go ahead with a simple nod.
    "Hmmm?" Nasumi blinks, a dopey smile on her face. "Pretty butterflies? Isn't it a bit late in summer for there to be that many around?" Her face becomes more serious as Kazuma's Reiphone begins beeping frantically. "What is that sound?"

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Hachirou will soon hear a beep signaling a call from Soul Society. If and when he answers he will hear Akio on the line. Thirteenth seat Hachirou? This is Third seat Yama. I'm taking operational control from here. Please relay all information to myself. Tell the troops if they get into hot water that there's back-up at the gates. Remember, the clock is ticking. Take it slow, and if things get bad we're cutting the mission short." Akio Yama says into his own Reiphone before sitting cross legged on the floor in the middle of the Senkai gates. Immediately he is within his inner world, the dark graveyard surrounding him.
    Hachirou notices the call, and rolls his eyes when he hears the contents. He dials back to Akio. "Understood, sir. Though I must ask you, why so formal? This is routine patrol, not a rescue mission. We're here mostly to kill time. Why do you make it sound like we have an emer..."

Hachirou is cut away mid-sentence when his Reiphone bursts into alarm, almost making his ears ring. "Gah!" The voice is accompanied by a sudden burst of Reiatsu, and soon followed by Yoshi's worried calls from the radio. Hachirou gives display of the apparatus a dull look. A Garganta opening? Okay, what is it this time? Another stray Gillian?

Switching his phone's setting back to radio, Hachirou signals the other teams. "Teams One and Two, Team Three. Avoid large Reiatsu signatures. Wait further instructions from surveillance. Prepare to engage enemy. Over."

Soon enough, dots of different colors appear on every phones' screen, giving rough direction and distance of spotted threats for the scattered teams. Technically numbers, too, but Hachirou knows from experience the number of dots is like a gross underestimation of how many Hollows actually have poured into the previously serene town. The largest one is read, meaning 'do not engage'. After checking position of other teams, Hachirou concludes Team Two is closest to where the Garganta opened, though they're all still miles away.

Hachirou gives a quick look at Alysha. He knows Allan can keep up with him in a pinch, but he has no idea whatsoever how fast the 4th division girl is. "You!", he barks, nodding at her, securing the phone in his Shihakusho with one hand while holding out his other one, "Grab my arm. Tightly, so you won't fall off." He then nods at Allan. "You, follow my lead." If or when Alysha is ready, Hachirou sprints into motion, finding his footholds in thin air with practiced ease.

---

Elsewhere...

Somewhere between the town park and cemetery, Őta Yui feels a sudden chill and casts a curios glance towards north. Well, what she thinks is north. Not that she's particularly trustworthy in these things.

Hmm? Feels like some cocky upstart has decided to pay a visit
    , she muses, a hint of malice flashing in her eyes, before she sighs resignedly and takes a look at her watch. Near him, a few young couples are giving queasy looks at the horizon as well. Of course, they likely just think it might begin to rain soon. Considering the clouds in the distance, not that unlikely actually.

Yui walks past them, greeting them cheerfully as if there was nothing wrong in the world, though her own stroll becomes much more brisk as she hurries towards her temporary retreat. Surely, this new adversary would not pose any real threat to herself, but same hardly can be said from normal inhabitants of her current residence. She's not too keen on letting another whippersnapper cause unwanted property damage on her turf.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Team Two

Yoshi looks at the dots for several moments, memorizing the rough locations of the closest Hollows.

"We have our orders; stick together and stay alert. Move!"

Speaking with some authority in his voice, Yoshi unslings the larger Kido Gun he had strapped to himself, holding it ready in both hands.

He then set off at a fast jog, his eyes casting about for Hollows, and the phone in his pocket ready to alert him of anything it detected.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hidetsugu Iwaki

Iwaki slows to a stop as he feels the surge of hollow reiatsu and hears the phone begin blaring its alarms. Although he he did not seem to be moving quickly based on his motions, he has been managing to keep up with Kyou and Yoshi. He remains silent during the brief frenzy of indecision after the initial revelation of the hollows, then nods as orders are received and Yoshi takes command.

"Indeed."

He follows, still keeping pace.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmmm?" Nasumi blinks, a dopey smile on her face. "Pretty butterflies? Isn't it a bit late in summer for there to be that many around?" Her face becomes more serious as Kazuma's Reiphone begins beeping frantically. "What is that sound?"

Hachirou notices the call, and rolls his eyes when he hears the contents. He dials back to Akio. "Understood, sir. Though I must ask you, why so formal? This is routine patrol, not a rescue mission. We're here mostly to kill time. Why do you make it sound like we have an emer..."

Hachirou is cut away mid-sentence when his Reiphone bursts into alarm, almost making his ears ring. "Gah!" The voice is accompanied by a sudden burst of Reiatsu, and soon followed by Yoshi's worried calls from the radio. Hachirou gives display of the apparatus a dull look. A Garganta opening? Okay, what is it this time? Another stray Gillian?

Switching his phone's setting back to radio, Hachirou signals the other teams. "Teams One and Two, Team Three. Avoid large Reiatsu signatures. Wait further instructions from surveillance. Prepare to engage enemy. Over."

Soon enough, dots of different colors appear on every phones' screen, giving rough direction and distance of spotted threats for the scattered teams. Technically numbers, too, but Hachirou knows from experience the number of dots is like a gross underestimation of how many Hollows actually have poured into the previously serene town. The largest one is read, meaning 'do not engage'. After checking position of other teams, Hachirou concludes Team Two is closest to where the Garganta opened, though they're all still miles away.

Hachirou gives a quick look at Alysha. He knows Allan can keep up with him in a pinch, but he has no idea whatsoever how fast the 4th division girl is. "You!", he barks, nodding at her, securing the phone in his Shihakusho with one hand while holding out his other one, "Grab my arm. Tightly, so you won't fall off." He then nods at Allan. "You, follow my lead." If or when Alysha is ready, Hachirou sprints into motion, finding his footholds in thin air with practiced ease.

---

Elsewhere...

Somewhere between the town park and cemetery, Őta Yui feels a sudden chill and casts a curios glance towards north. Well, what she thinks is north. Not that she's particularly trustworthy in these things.

Hmm? Feels like some cocky upstart has decided to pay a visit
    , she muses, a hint of malice flashing in her eyes, before she sighs resignedly and takes a look at her watch. Near him, a few young couples are giving queasy looks at the horizon as well. Of course, they likely just think it might begin to rain soon. Considering the clouds in the distance, not that unlikely actually.

Yui walks past them, greeting them cheerfully as if there was nothing wrong in the world, though her own stroll becomes much more brisk as she hurries towards her temporary retreat. Surely, this new adversary would not pose any real threat to herself, but same hardly can be said from normal inhabitants of her current residence. She's not too keen on letting another whippersnapper cause unwanted property damage on her turf.
    Allan Crossdale

Allan's eyes widen as he feels Auset's power wash over the city, and looks over to Hachirou when the Reiphone begins ringing. Although he still doesn't look serious, exactly, his usual flippant expression has been replaced with a more neutral look. He unlaces his fingers and lets his arms drop to his sides, balancing on the balls of his feet in anticipation of the coming action. He nods grimly to Hachirou, and easily keeps pace with his superior officer once they set off.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-08-21 at 08:48 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #37

[Alysha Sietka]

Alysha had taken the suggestion of sightseeing with much earnest. She always loved looking at the mortal world. It was all fascinating.

It was when she was reading a nearby vending machine that she felt the Reiatsu from the pesiqua. She tensed up a little, and started looking around, expecting the source to suddenly pop out and attack them. I mean, that was how these things went, right?

When Hachirou started checking the readings on his Reiphone, Alysha realizes that they weren't going to get jumped.

When she's told to grab his arm, she simply nods and does so. She knows she could probably keep up with the running at least, but she figures she can tell him that later. For now, she'll just do what he says.

[Silva Rai]

Silva had one hand in her pocket, the other holding a paper bag with a few groceries. She had gotten off work early, and grabbed a couple things on the way back to apartment. Now, she was attempting to pull the key to the building out of her pocket, and it just wasn't cooperating.

It is then that she feels the sudden surge in Reiatsu. She stops digging for her key and glances in the direction it came from. She couldn't see it, of course. But she could tell it was big.

She decides to put her stuff away, then go check it out. She finally pulls the key out, and slides it into the lock. And then she sees a figure walking down the street. One she recognized.

Silva pulls the key back out and gives a short wave to Yui. Hey. How you doing?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

"Understood, sir."

After examining the Reiphone's readings, Kazuma turned to his companions. "Nasumi, Hideuchi. Let's get to higher ground. We need to at least get an idea what we're dealing with here, and I don't think the Hollows are pouring in from above - we'd have seen them by now."

Ho? This is unlike you, Kazuma-kun. Whatever happened to charge first, ask questions later?

Not in the mood, old man. Besides, I'm crazy, not suicidal.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

[Team 2]

Kyou frowns, following after Yoshi, one hand near her zanpaktou readied for a quick draw...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

[Team 3]

Hachirou runs through the city with surprising ease, as if Alysha was nothing more than a backpack slung over his shoulder. "You are quite light. You should eat more", he says deadpanly, before stopping abruptly on a nearby rooftop. He pulls out his Reiphone to check his direction...

Wait...

There's some frantic beeping as Hachirou fiddles with the device. "Give me your map", he commands Alysha.

[Team 1]

Nasumi suddenly turns beet red, and pouts. Hey! You can't use my first name! That's so impolite! Her embarrasment is quickly erased by Kazuma's suggestion.

"Uh, you know I can't walk in the air, do you?", she asks, worried. "But I guess I could climb somewhere... would that house be tall enough?" She points to a six-story apartment building in the distance.

[Somewhere on the streets]

Yui is surprised by Silva's sudden greeting. "Ah... Silva-san, was it? Fine, thank you very much." She waves back to her with a nervous smile on her face. "I hope you're fine as well. Nice to see you."

11. - Top - End - #41

Sadanaga Hideuchi

Hideuchi smiles somewhat psychotically as the influx of hollows makes itself known. He slides his Zanpakuto out of his sleeves, and spins them eagerly around his fingers in anticipation. He also extends his senses outwards, trying to detect any nearby hollows. No luck, yet.

Finally, some action.

He says nothing, instead looking to Kazuma and waiting for him to give orders on how to proceed. Before Kazuma has finished telling the group to find higher ground, he has already flash stepped up to the top of a nearby roof.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

"No time. I'll carry you, then."

With that said, Kazuma squatted in front of his teammate so he could give her a piggyback ride.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #43

[Team 3]

Alysha gives a smile and a small giggle when Hachriou tells her to eat more. I do. I eat a lot.

When he stops, she glances around, expecting to see their foe. Nothing.

Huh? Oh, right. She digs into her pocket and pulls out the map, handing it over.

[Streets]

Silva gives a small smile and a nod. I am fine, thanks for asking. She notices Yui's nervousness. Are you okay? You seem a little on edge.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

[Team 1]

Nasumi is stunned by Kazuma's offer. She realizes it isn't time to argue though, and quickly hops on his back. "Are you sure this is okay? I'm quite heavy, you know. I hope you don't break your back."

[Team 3]

Hachirou takes the map and gives it a worried look. Then he lifts the phone before his mouth again. "Team two, Team three. Large group of enemies is heading for town school. Intercept them. Over." He then gives the map back to Alysha, and waits for her to grab his arm again.

"I hope you two know what a Gillian is", he says grimly, setting his course towards the conspicuous red dot on the phone display. "I don't expect you to have fought them before, but be mentally prepared to do that now."

[Streets]

"Ah, I'm just doing my best to get back at my hotel before it starts raining. It's in the air, isn't it?", Yui replies, nodding slightly towards the grey clouds sliding across the horizon. She gives a curious look at the door Silva is trying to open. "So, you live here?" A part of her screams she shouldn't waste time on idle chatter, but she'd feel bad of leaving Silva now.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Team 3]

Hachirou takes the map and gives it a worried look. Then he lifts the phone before his mouth again. "Team two, Team three. Large group of enemies is heading for town school. Intercept them. Over." He then gives the map back to Alysha, and waits for her to grab his arm again.
    [Team 2]

Yoshi pulls his phone out when it beeps about an incoming message.

He pales when he hears it.

"Team Three, this is Team Two. We copy. Moving to intercept. Over."

He tucks the radio away, keeping one hand on his gun as he starts to sprint.

"Double time, Team Two! We need to stop those Hollows!"

Inwardly, he's worried. They should be enough to stop any gathering of normal Hollows. But still. Unexpected things happened all the time.

16. - Top - End - #46

Spoiler
    Show
    [Team 3]

"I hope you two know what a Gillian is", he says grimly, setting his course towards the conspicuous red dot on the phone display. "I don't expect you to have fought them before, but be mentally prepared to do that now."
    Allan Crossdale

"Gillians? I've eaten Gillians. Literally. They taste spicy."

Despite his show of bravado, Allan is looking more and more concerned as the situation rapidly grows more out of control. He looks around, almost expecting a hollow to jump out at them at any second.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Team 2]

Yoshi pulls his phone out when it beeps about an incoming message.

He pales when he hears it.

"Team Three, this is Team Two. We copy. Moving to intercept. Over."

He tucks the radio away, keeping one hand on his gun as he starts to sprint.

"Double time, Team Two! We need to stop those Hollows!"

Inwardly, he's worried. They should be enough to stop any gathering of normal Hollows. But still. Unexpected things happened all the time.
    Iwaki

Iwaki says nothing, but follows after Yoshi.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

[Team 2]

Kyou frowns more intensely, picking up her pace. "Any idea on the count?" Her red hand tenses up, a spark of excitement jumping up to her body.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Team 2]

Kyou frowns more intensely, picking up her pace. "Any idea on the count?" Her red hand tenses up, a spark of excitement jumping up to her body.
    [Team 2]

Yoshi reached his free hand into his coat, pulling out an odd-looking monocle. The center of the eyepiece glowed bright blue for several moments, before fading down to almost nothing.

Only then did Yoshi turn his head to look at Kyou, the monocle giving his features an otherworldly feel.

"Lots."

He emphasized this by arming his shotgun with a decisive pumping action. *Ka-chak* A low hum now filled the air as the Officer of the 12th Division turned forward once more.

"We keep this pace, we'll intercept them .75 kilometers from the school. Less than ideal, but also the best pace to prevent fatigue."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-08-23 at 06:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

[Team 3]

Alysha tucks the map back into her pocket, and grabs Hachirou's arm again.

I kind of know what they are. A little. She holds her forefinger and thumb up, showing how little.

[Streets]

Silva glances at the clouds for a moment, not liking them at all. Then she turns back to Yui and nods. Yep. Got an apartment on the second floor. Not a bad price either. Probably cause of how close it is to the graveyard.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Auset

Things were turning out to be a lousy day, trudging through Hueco Mundo after some hollow scum, just for them to bail to the mortal world at the last minute and making her chase them there too! Never mind the fact there had been a faint collection of lights on the far reaches of her pesiqua, they weren't exactly her business after all.

And now she was standing in the middle of a clearing with her bloodied khopesh propped up on the ground, splatters of blood across her body, even as she contemplated the small scene of carnage about her. It always give her such a warm fuzzy feeling to her of a job well done. Well enough that it took her a bit to realize just where she was.

Smack dab in the mortal world...and nary an inclination to actually return to Hueco Mundo. One could hardly catch a good nap there, with all the attacks, plotting, and simple noise!

"Oi...maybe I earned myself some 'me' time..." She mutters to herself with a grin, the barely clad arrancar striding towards the actual light she'd had seen upon entering the mortal world. The town...it'd still take some time, but she was on the way!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

[Team 3]

Hachirou sprints into motion again, though slower this time - he's trying to keep track of the red dot on his phone display all the time. "Usually, when a powerful Hollow appears in Mortal World, its a Gillian", he tries to explain as he goes. "They are little more than animals, usually, and tend to just wander around - but they have a bad tendency to attract other Hollows. That's why it's important to purify or drive them away quickly."

Of course, having said that aloud, Hachirou begins to wonder - usually, in case of Gillian incursion, all local Hollows gather near them, to be eaten - but in this case, it seems more like other Hollows are running away from the red light. What could that mean.

Sudden beeping disrupts Hachirou's thoughts - a quick glance at the phone reveals the red dot is moving towards the city center. Fortunately, it' not going towards the school - rather, its current course would end it up closer to the town park or cemetery. Lets hope it stays that way.

[Streets]

"That's odd", Yui remarks, "it's such a beautiful scenery. Maybe folks here are a bit superstitious. It's nice if you got yourself a good deal - apartment prices are exorbitant..." Yui's speech is cut off by sudden rumble of thunder. Quick glance over her shoulder reveals that the grey curtain of falling rain has already descended upon much of the city.

"Oh dear. Looks like I should hurry. Maybe we can talk more later?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Perhaps surprisingly, Kazuma doesn't seem to make that great an effort to carry Nasumi onto his back, though she does need to hold on tight as he shunpos his way up the wall.

"I do three hundred push-ups a day. Per arm. This is nothing."

Either he wanted to dismiss her fears, dismiss her own remark about her weight, or he was simply stating fact.

"Sadanaga-kun. How does it look?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

[Team 1]

Hideuchi doesn't even bother looking at Kazuma and Nasumi as they crest the building. Instead, he is looking intently in the direction opposite the way they came up. Rather than say anything, he points with one of his Zanpakuto at the now-visible group of hollows heading towards the school.

[Team 2]

Iwaki remains mute as he follows his teammates.

[Team 3]

Allan listens to Hachirou's explanation of Gillians, then decides to add in.

"It's also important to keep in mind that Gillian's are a lot weaker than they look and they're really slow, too."

Despite his confident words, Allan has also noticed the irregularity in the behavior of the local hollows, and he is growing increasingly concerned by it.

24. - Top - End - #54

[Team 3]

Alysha takes all of this information in, learning more about Gillians. The keychain hanging from the pommel of her zanpakuto jingles as they go.

Well, if that's true, then what is the big dot? Cause the others are moving away from it. What's bad enough to scare the other Hollows?

[Streets]

Silva also glances at the sky, seeing the coming rain.

Yeah, She turns back to Yui. Sorry if I kept you. You up for lunch tomorrow?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #55

[Team 3]

Allan shrugs flippantly.

"Lots of things. Bigger hollows. Mediums with hollow powers. Arrancar. Take your pick."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

"...Well, crap."

Picking up the Reiphone, he turns it on.

"Teams two and three, this is team one. We have visual contact of the Hollows headed towards the school. Move to intercept or wait for backup?"

This mass was positively worrisome. Sure a dozen weak hollows or so should pose no problem, but a whole swarm could likely overrun a number of experienced Shinigami short of Captain-level, and they didn't have a Captain on their side.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-08-24 at 08:34 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Team 2]

It wasn't long before Team 2 ran headlong into the group of Hollows headed for the school.

Thankfully, they were all smaller, weaker samples of their kind.

Yoshi smiled just slightly as he realized this. His face went serious as he raised his Kido Gun...

*A short time later*

The last of the Hollows in the path of Team 2 was purified by Yoshi's trusty gun. It packed quite a kick for such a comparatively small weapon.

Yoshi pulled up the information on the surrounding Hollows on his monocle display, bypassing the need for his phone's screen.

"Damn. Team 2, we've got trouble. Looks like most of the fodder is gone, but that blasted big one is still headed this way. It looks like Team 3 was slightly delayed. That Hollow, whatever it is exactly, is hittin the edge of town closest to us. Let's move!"

With that, he took off at a dead sprint, interspersing his movement with a couple of precisely-timed shunpo.

Assuming Kyou and Iwaki kept the same pace, they would likely intercept the "red dot" very soon...

28. - Top - End - #58

[Team 2]

During the battle, Iwaki devoted himself mostly to interference, holding several hollows down for easy purification by his teammates. He had avoided contact with the Hollows, preferring to let his teammates do most of the actual fighting. At first, this had made it seem like he wasn't particularly skilled, or was actively unskilled, at melee combat. A hollow had picked up on this, and tried to attack him from behind.

Iwaki ripped it apart with his bare hands.

Post battle, while Yoshi is checking the map, Iwaki looks around at their surroundings to ensure that no hollows were missed. Satisfied, he takes off after Yoshi, easily keeping pace.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

[Team 2]

Kyou is not quite as courteous. Taking her blade in both hands, she quickly cleaves through Hollow after Hollow, displaying her above-average strength with gradually increasing glee. Her purely offensive style does net her a few cuts and bruises, but she seems to completely ignore them in her battle frenzy...

...And, as the group turn to intercept the source, Kyou darts ahead bits at a time with frequent shunpo, not even stopping once she begins to get out of sight...

In fact, she doesn't stop until she's directly in front of Auset, grinning at the Arrancar with dangerous eyes and an aggressive stance.

"Hello, beastie."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Auset

The arrancar blinks as the shinigami hops out of the air to land in front of her, already looking tired as she yawns slowly, her free hand reaching up to cover her mouth.

"Eh? Shinigami? When did you get here?...did you just call me a beastie?" She says surprisingly calmly, resting her blade atop her shoulder once more, letting the blood drip off it unto the ground at her feet. "Don't you have lost little pluses to escort or something? Go on...shoo!"

The audacious order was accompanied by an apathetic wave of her brown hand, as if she honestly expected the shinigami to comply with her wishes.