New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    If he couldn't see it from the front, then all he had to do was strike THROUGH it to get to the other side.

Utilizing the crosspoint of the X-shaped gash as an entry point, Kazuma stabbed forward with all his might, seeking to impale the Hollow as cleanly through as possible, then leaping out of the way so as to not get caught in what would undeniably be its last blast.
    On the other side, one might see a small bit of the blade coming through the mask. As it cracks and begins to fall off of its face, it unleashes its electricity in a violent manner, looking for an instant like a ball of lightning. When the ball fades, there is nothing left but quickly fading scraps.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

[Near Team Two]

Alysha also arrived with Hachirou, eyes wide at the sight of their foe.

Dang! She looks strong.

Then Elder appears and tosses the Arrancar. Alysha's jaw drops.

She shakes her head, getting her thoughts back.

Probably best to wait to fight. I'm not much good in a fight anyways. She looks at the other shinigami present, looking for signs of any injuries.

------------------------------

Silva watches the fight continue from her spot behind a tree. She is a little surprised by the appearance of Elder, and by how easily it threw the Arrancar.

Silva...we should join...

She sighs a little.

No, Medric. No reason to. We'll just draw unwanted attention. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get a chance to fight somebody soon. Just not today.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    This particular hollow likes to think its smarter than his brothers. Thus, he takes another option...inward. He curls up as the arrow flies, protecting his mask from the arrow. The plate of skin that protects it, however, wasn't so lucky. Now there is a fairly large crater by his neck, but at this point it doesn't matter. A few of the rockets launch below him, propelling him into the air. His now red-hot form fires of a few more rockets to propel himself forward, releasing the rest in a spread everywhere. What the Quincy might see now is a ball of smoke and fire hurtling straight at her.
    The Quincy doesn't falter, but takes the same approach she would have with the missiles: shoot the assaulter out of the sky. A dozen arrows fly into the approaching Hollow, trying to pierce the rolled-up form, and strike the mask, before she's forced to dive out of the way.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    The Quincy doesn't falter, but takes the same approach she would have with the missiles: shoot the assaulter out of the sky. A dozen arrows fly into the approaching Hollow, trying to pierce the rolled-up form, and strike the mask, before she's forced to dive out of the way.
    The hollow is hit with the arrows, a few grazing him, most of them hitting him head on and causing him to slow down, the rest probably running into the rockets, which then blow up rather violently. At this point, the hollow impacts near the location of the Quincy, the arrows having taken it off course. It then unfolds, revealing several new holes in it as the smoke clears, trying to find the pesty Quincy with a growl as it regrows the blades.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma finds himself relieved that he didn't stay around for the fireworks. But that left the other Hollow to contend with. As it rockets out into the sky, the Shinigami finds the location of the interloper from before.

It's... a mortal?

Not being particularly well-versed about the Quincy, Kazuma is a little more confused than normal. But this was a battle, and he couldn't afford to have a mortal injured on his watch - specially since the time he'd taken to deal with those Hollows would likely have been much shorter if he hadn't decided to fool around and play with his fists. Running up towards the armadillo Hollow's new position, Kazuma begins to chant.

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south!"

"Hadou 31: Shakkahou!"

With that utterance, Kazuma sends a ball of reddish energy flying towards the downed Hollow.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

The hollow is hit with the arrows, a few grazing him, most of them hitting him head on and causing him to slow down, the rest probably running into the rockets, which then blow up rather violently. At this point, the hollow impacts near the location of the Quincy, the arrows having taken it off course. It then unfolds, revealing several new holes in it as the smoke clears, trying to find the pesty Quincy with a growl as it regrows the blades.
    The hollow doesn't have to look far. Out of the dust in front of it, another five arrows lance at the mask region, the same attack pattern as before, along with two more to strike at points its mask would pass through in its curling motion.

However, the distance has been closed, and both the hollow and the shinigami that was first fighting it finally get a decent look at the Quincy. Light brown hair, eyes as cold and blue as the Arctic Ocean, and... a floral-print dress with an apron over it. In the instant that it sees her, she's in the process of drawing out another arrow to fire.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-08-29 at 06:39 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

First, the ball of energy from Kazuma explodes violently, leaving a giant crater where his arm and a good chunk of his side. By now, the hollow is absolutely furious. As for the arrows, it is found that they have done quite a number. Unfortunately, this hollow seems a cut above others, as all that the arrows have done is create craters around his shoulders, and a dent is in the mask, but the hollow itself still lives. It yells in rage as it turns its remaining side, now with fully grown blades, and launches them at both the Quincy and the Shinigami.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

For all the injuries he'd gone through, Kazuma was still fairly able to deal with the incoming projectiles. He was slowed down, however, as he had to choose carefully which way to dodge that didn't have him impaled in another blade, all in a split second. He ends up mostly unscathed - that is, compared to before being targetted. The upside to his current situation?

No surprises.

No moves left.

In one last burst of speed that has him coughing blood by its peak, Kazuma shunpos directly above the Hollow, hands clutching the blade he had left and aiming straight for its mask.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

For all the injuries he'd gone through, Kazuma was still fairly able to deal with the incoming projectiles. He was slowed down, however, as he had to choose carefully which way to dodge that didn't have him impaled in another blade, all in a split second. He ends up mostly unscathed - that is, compared to before being targetted. The upside to his current situation?

No surprises.

No moves left.

In one last burst of speed that has him coughing blood by its peak, Kazuma shunpos directly above the Hollow, hands clutching the blade he had left and aiming straight for its mask.
    The blade splits the mask in half. The hollow freezes in pain, before it starts to fade. The mask slides off, revealing its face, a fairly homely man. Before it fades entirely, the face cracks a smile. "Thank you, scum."

And then, its gone.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Between the painful reminder of just what it is they're fighting, the interference, and the blood loss, Kazuma has definitely stopped enjoying himself.

So he does the only rational thing: turn his anger on the nearest bystander - not entirely by accident, part of the reason he's pissed.

"I don't know who you are or what you're doing here. But you should know better than to get in the way. Go home. I'll only tell you once."

And the work day wasn't over.

Kazuma leaped down to ground level to turn his rage on the remaining weakling Hollows.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Between the painful reminder of just what it is they're fighting, the interference, and the blood loss, Kazuma has definitely stopped enjoying himself.

So he does the only rational thing: turn his anger on the nearest bystander - not entirely by accident, part of the reason he's pissed.

"I don't know who you are or what you're doing here. But you should know better than to get in the way. Go home. I'll only tell you once."

And the work day wasn't over.

Kazuma leaped down to ground level to turn his rage on the remaining weakling Hollows.
    The Quincy woman nodded calmly as Kazuma raged. As he leaps to the ground, she sighs, then heads over the rooftops, moving by Hirenkyaku where necessary to avoid eyewitnesses. Several weaker hollows are annihilated all along her path. By their deaths, her route eventually becomes clear: she's fighting her way around a wide circle around the high school.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-08-29 at 10:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

"Teams two and three, we have a mortal archer of some kind headed for the school. Just thought you should know." Kazuma cracked in over the radio in a weary voice.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Teams two and three, we have a mortal archer of some kind headed for the school. Just thought you should know." Kazuma cracked in over the radio in a weary voice.
    Yoshi responds.

"Team Two busy."

He narrowed his eyes at Elder. The creature was obviously some form of Hollow...but it had driven the other one away.

Yoshi decided to keep a tight grip on his pistols and wait.

"Team Two. Hold position for the moment. If the other one returns, resume hostile action. Follow Team Three's lead."

His monocled eye never left Elder. Might as well record as much data as possible...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

"Team one. Regroup and assist team two. I'm on my way."

Despite the fact his body clearly says otherwise.

It then occurs to Kazuma that the rest of his team is deprived of Reiphones. So he has to locate them by sight, and signal them somehow, which he does by sending a Hollow flying in each of their respective general directions.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-08-30 at 03:19 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Auset

An entire mess of things started happening at once, most of which Auset couldn't notice fully before she abruptly finds herself launched into the air like a rag doll. Most of it she didn't even really notice, aside from the fact there was still a zanpakuto in her throat which simply healed around it...or the small horde of purplish pillars that abruptly began to pound against the sky-flung arrancar before the cero exploded.

"Huhnn..." the dark-skinned arrancar grumbles before she comes to a halt in mid-air, testing the bounds of the new bakudo (and old) still binding her. They hadn't been blasted away quite like she planned...so she focused, gritted her teeth.

While the attention of the shinigami were focused on the new arrival...who Auset wasn't entirely sure where it came from...the Privaron Espada focused her power and surged her arms outward, breaking the glowing chains apart to scatter into sparks. Slowly she stretches out her muscles again, sighing even as she reconsiders the situation and holds her khopesh lightly..best to just watch for a moment to see how the situation develops.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

[Team One]
    As for Nasumi, she gets intercepted by what looks like a praying mantis on stilts. It seems to snap in front of the air, using it to cut at her from afar.
    "Eeek!" Nasumi jumps to the side, the blade of air shredding her Shihakusho and leaving a small, painful scratch on her shoulder. She brings her sword to a clumsy, downward slash. Of course, the slash itself goes wide by a mile, but its followed by a swirling cloud of colors that snaps towards the mantis like maw of some serpentine beast.

"Wait for me, Amagatsu-san"
    , she cries as she tries to sprint past the mantis and the other Hollows still lingering around. Her eyes search frantically for Hideuchi - hopefully her other team mate is also doing well.

[Vicinity of Team Two, where everything is going to hell in handbasket...]

Hachirou is about to sprint after Auset, but is distracted by the Reiphone calls. Hurriedly, he digs out his phone, keeping track of Auset as she's flung through the air.

"Team One, Team Three. If your positive it's a mortal, let it go. Regroup and focus on the lesser Hollows." In gross violation of radio protocol, he says these words almost on top of Kazuma's proclamation of help. Cursing in his mind, Hachirou grasps the hilt of the Asauchi on his belt, preparing to draw the sword as it becomes apparent his Bakudo won't hold.

On the ground, the pale form glances over its shoulder at Yoshi, flashing a skeletal grin to him. Then it snorts, and leaps to the sky, quickly making its way between Auset and Hachirou.

The 13th seat blinks at this unexpected turn of events. Two... Arrancars? What the... why didn't the alarm...?

"Can you walk on air? If so, get off", he mutters to Alysha, a feeling of dread growing in his gut. He checks his phone is on the right frequency, then calls to Soul Society. "Surveillance, this is Sato Hachirou. Send backup immediatly at my position. Bring a medical team to attend teams one and two. Over."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #137

[Soul Society]

For Karite Mitsukai, the Vice Captain of the 13th Division, it was an average day.

It was about to stop being average, as he enters his quarters, hearing Hachirou's message. A strike team runs by, and he stops the leader.

"Stand down, I'm taking this one."

The Shinigami looks shocked, not believing what just happened.

"But sir! Taichou said-"

"I said stand down Red Leader. I'm taking the Strike Team."

The Shinigami nods, and watches in awe as the Vice-Captain commandeers his team.

Karite glares as he exits the Soul Society...

And enters the Mortal World.

"Alright, I want three of you to scout the school, two of you to search the main area, and I'll scout out the signal. Move."

Karite vanishes from sight, as the team darts in various directions, looking for something, anything, that could be dangerous.

Karite's expression turns icy as he feels the Hollow Reiatsu.

"That feels like... the Reiatsu on that day when Captain Magalhães was... turned."

He prefers not to talk about that day. A sly grin comes over his face.

"Perhaps it's the same one. Perhaps I can avenge the Captain. Perhaps... I can prove to myself that it wasn't my fault."

He begins to flash step his way towards Team 2.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Team One]

"Eeek!" Nasumi jumps to the side, the blade of air shredding her Shihakusho and leaving a small, painful scratch on her shoulder. She brings her sword to a clumsy, downward slash. Of course, the slash itself goes wide by a mile, but its followed by a swirling cloud of colors that snaps towards the mantis like maw of some serpentine beast.

"Wait for me, Amagatsu-san"
    , she cries as she tries to sprint past the mantis and the other Hollows still lingering around. Her eyes search frantically for Hideuchi - hopefully her other team mate is also doing well.
    The mantis on stilts is eaten. Nope, no struggle. Just eaten and crushed in one snap.

Why? Because I think my involvement in this particular episode is ending, that's why.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Team Two]

Yoshi sees Hachirou trying to further restrain the beast, and frowns. He then shunpos up near the 13th Seat.

"Do we target one, or both?"

20. - Top - End - #140

[Near Team Two]

Alysha stares at Hachirou for a moment, then gives a short nod. Then, she takes off, getting out of the way.

She gets the idea of seeing about grabbing anybody else with her. Anybody who looks like they shouldn't be in th fight as well.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Akio stands silent, awaiting Karite's appearance. When the Vice-Captain arrives Akio immediately steps through a gate, appearing on the other side at the hill. "Thirteenth Seat Hachirou, this is Third seat Akio, I'm coming to run interference, we're packing up here, come to the hill with anyone who can make it here themselves." He says into a Reiphone before flash stepping in the direction of Auset and the others.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Team Two]

Yoshi sees Hachirou trying to further restrain the beast, and frowns. He then shunpos up near the 13th Seat.

"Do we target one, or both?"
    Kyou eyes Yoshi, then looks up. "I've gotta get my sword." She does a series of high jumps, heading towards Auset...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Team Two]

Yoshi turns as Kyou speaks...

And curses as she dashes for the two warring Arrancar.

"Damn it! Kyou!"

He turned to Hachirou.

"Back us up. I'm going to give her cover fire."

With that, Yoshi also began dashing higher into the air. He lagged a bit behind Kyou, and started to drift over to her right. He just needed a few more feet...

And there. He had a clear shot. His voice rang out in the wet night.

"Covering your approach!"

And he opened up with both of his pistols, each blast equal to about a Level 10 Hado. But he was firing about a blast a second, and his aim was shockingly accurate. If nothing else, Auset would have to put notable effort into avoiding each shot.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

[Team One]

Nasumi hurries to Kazuma, still casting quick glances around the battlefield. "Amagatsu-san! Are you okay?", she asks worriedly, noting the older Shinigami's injuries. She tries to think of any first aid Kido she was taught in the academy, but all of them escape her mind. Fortunately, she should still have a roll of gauze tucked somewhere in her robes.

"Do you know where Sadanaka-san is? I haven't seen him since he disappeared into one of those buildings..." The Magenta-haired girl feels a sting in her conscience - didn't the leading officer say they should always keep track of each other. Oh no! If Sadanka-san is dead, it's all my fault! Kazuma might wonder why her face suddenly goes so pale as she keeps searching her baggy clothes.

[Teams Two and Three]

Hachirou is about to reply to Akio, but Kyou's action throws him off. What the hell does she think she's doing? He's about to shout her to stop, but Yoshi cuts him off before he can spit out a single word. Dammit! I was hoping to keep the stand still untill we had more capable people here...

Hachirou slams his hand together and begins focusing for a Kido. His eyes dart from Yoshi and Kyou to the pale form standing a dozen feet before him. Why is it here? What will it do? Cold sweat begins running down Hachirou's spine as his mind flashes through all the ways their next move could go horribly wrong. "Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel..."

Meanwhile, the monstrous humanoid itself regards the unfolding scene with mild wariness and hesitation. Should it get out of here, before the Shinigami decide they should attack it as well, or should it wait and see how things will pan out? It looks over its shoulder at Hachirou as he begins chanting, then looks back at Auset. "This really isn't your day, it seems", it says out of the blue, crossing its arms before its chest with a vaguely amused glint in its black eyes.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

"Hideuchi is a big man, he can take care of himself. And if need be, he's probably not stupid enough to forget he can run away." Kazuma responds as Nasumi approaches and questions him. "Of course, it'd probably help if he were around. But we don't have time to worry about that now, Team two needs our help." Of course, just as he's about to rush to their aid, his injuries make his body "think" twice. They seem to have finally caught up with the 11th divisioner, whom up to now had used his anger and adrenaline to keep on fighting. "DAMNIT! Not now!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

[Team 1]

"Right behind you."

Sadanaga is, in fact, right behind Nasumi. No telling for how long he's been there. He then walks around the larger shinigami and looks at Kazuma.

"I don't need to run anywhere. You, on the other hand, look like you could use a break."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

"That's my body speaking, not me." Kazuma retorts.

That's the second division for you. I never sensed his presence.

"Doesn't mean I have to agree with it." To demonstrate his point, Kazuma musters a bit of strength to stand back up, as he'd been forced to his knees by the injuries and blood loss. A commendable effort, to be sure, but he doesn't look like he'd be useful in this shape.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

[Team 1]

Sadanaga gives Kazuma a disapproving look.

"Do you want to die?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

[Team One]

"Ah, no-one's going to die here. Right?", Nasumi chimes in, having found the gauze roll she was searching. She's visibly relieved to see Hideuchi alive and well, though it's clear she doesn't approve the course of discussion.

"Here, let me take care of your wounds, Amagatsu-san", she says cheerfully, placing her hand on Kazuma's shoulder - and then forces him back down in a sudden display of strenght. "You've lost quite a lot of blood. If we don't prevent you from loosing more, you might suffer an acute case of fainting or death."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

"I've been through worse than this. If I can still move, then I ain't dying anytime soon." Kazuma retorts. It doesn't take THAT much strength to push him down as he is, but that doesn't make Nasumi's display any less impressive.

"*sigh* Fair enough. I'm counting on you, Zaraki-san. But let's try to be quick about it. Team two could be in some seriously hot water while we're here. Sadanaga-kun, since you seem to be in prime condition, go on ahead to lend them support. We'll catch up, promise."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show