New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Auset

The bandages prove surprisingly resilient to being cut, preferring to simply give way and bend around the swing then to go rigid and get sliced. That is...except for the people they managed to coil around, such as Hachirou and Yoshi, who find their bindings tightening to draw them closer and closer towards Auset, giving them more slack to coil around the two in the beginnings of mummification...though there is far more danger in the energy rapidly being stolen from the two.

"Huh? I don't know, it shows up when I release my sword. Never really thought about it before." the arrancar comments off-hand, even as the bandages begin to quest out Elder once more until the Privaron unexpectedly finds herself caught up in the fierce windstorm and thrown back. That proved problematic, especially considering how it dragged the two shinigami along for the ride too. Along with burning.

The fire proved useful however, burning through the long bandages connecting Hachirou and Yoshi to the arrancar and stopping that incessant draining for the moment. But as the badly burned, and rapidly healing, Auset picks herself back up off the ground, she glowers at Iwaki and Karite.

"You people just don't know when to give up, do you?" She accuses, calling back the bandages that had been holding the two (and sending new ones out to snare them) just to...eat them? Auset loudly chews behind her mask, glowing for a brief moment before two swathes of bandages explode off of her body (only to be replaced) and taking the shapes of two tall and muscular mummies. Mummies which quickly launch themselves at the two, swinging boulder like fists to smash at them.

Auset herself seems more focused on the two she had already caught once, sauntering towards them with khopesh raised to behead Hachirou.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 3: Gotei Joint-Ops! What could ever go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Nasumi]

[A certain Arrancar]

The pale monster chuckles at Allan's comment, even as it takes few steps more to the sky to best avoid the stormy winds howling below. "But you said yourself you don't need this!", it shouts to the hapless Shinigami, stopping on a rooftop some distance away and turning to face Allan. Other hand still casually resting on its hip, it lfts the blade before its face to appraise its quality.

"Surely you shouldn't mind if I hold it for a bit longer. It's been a while since I trained with a sword, you know. This one seems like it might be good for some practice", it taunts. Allan might notice the creature's scales have moved to cover the puncture wound he caused, and the bruise he left on its cheek is already fading away. "Though it does feel rather light and flimsy. I'm not sure if it will hold together in my hands..."
    "You're fighting me now, but feel free to hold that sword. You'll be missing your arm in a moment anyway. Let's see what you got, Hollow." Akio says before firing a blast of his reiatsu from his blade toward Elder, the power seeming to be a ball of sand moving rapidly. He then uses Shunpo to appear near Elder and stabs at her left shoulder.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

[Nasumi]

Nasumi fights her own fight some distance behind Kazuma, using her basic zanjutsu skill to their best extent, but it soon becomes apparent she isn't really skilled enough to effectively use such a large weapon as Shinkagenja in such close range brawl. In few moments, it starts to look like she's abandoned the sword all together, using it merely as a crutch as she focuses to kicking, punching elbowing and... biting, it seems, her enemies.

"Aiee! Get off of me!", she howls to a Hollow trying to choke her, before sinking her teeth deep into the warped creatures foul flesh. Enraged and in pain, the creature can't retain its hold of her, and its soon send flying by a strong kick from the young Shinigami.

That particular Hollow isn't the only one speeding through the air. Missing Kazuma by barely a foot, a horribly confused rat-like Hollow encased in a green cloud smashes against its kin, few others ending caught up in the noxious vapors and send merrily falling sideways through the battlefield as well. Others stumble around, distracted or bogged down by the other vibrant clouds. Kazuma can only wonder what the odd whisps of smoke might be doing to their poor victims.

[Yoshi & Hachirou]

With their binds reduced to ashes, the Gotei officers are send flying to opposite directions, hitting the ground roughly a dozen feet away from Auset each. Hachirou rids himself of the remaining cloth as fast as he can, though it proves surprisingly difficult. His arms feel brittle and powerless, and when Auset starts heading for him, he finds he can't bring his blade to bear against her kopesh.

"Bakudo 39: Enkosen"
    , he utters, a golden shield forming before him to block Auset's strike. Certain that the barrier won't hold up for long, the 13th seat leaps backwards, dodging the bandages slithering past his defensive incantation. Seeing that he doesn't have all that much time, Hachirou lets go of his Asauchi and weakly points a finger at Auset's approaching form. "Ye who rule over the skies! Lend me thy strength...", he begins.

Meanwhile, Yoshi stumbles up leaning on his staff. He takes a few experimental steps forward, but finds it hard to put weight on his feet due to it being so drained. As quick escape doesn't seem like a possibility, he adopts a grim expression and points his palms towards Auset, disregarding the new bandages slowly but surely snaking towards him.

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance..."

[A certain Arrancar]

Much to Allan's indignation, the pallid Hollow blocks his kick - with the flat of his own blade. "Excuse me? What did you call me?", it questions mockingly, its dark eyes casting a contemptous look at the young Shinigami. "It was you who drew first blood, yet I haven't said a bad word about you! You should be ashamed."

Hearing Akio's boast, the Hollow fixes its eyes on the oncoming ball of sand, leaping out of its way just before it hits, letting the blast roar past between it and Allan. Unfazed by its adversary's skill with Shunpo, it brings Allan's sword down in a casual one-handed block, but still in time to deflect Akio's stab.

"You want to take my arm? Go ahead"
    , it says playfully. "Only condition is that I get to take yours after that as well." Pushing Aki's blade away, it takes a step backward before turning the sword in its hand and slashing upwards towards Akio's torso.

"I can always regrow mine. How about you?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

[MOAR fighting]

Nasumi will soon find that Kazuma is fighting a little closer to her. The technique he's using appears to have a fairly good reach - a good guess might be about 3 meters. That said, it can be very disturbing to occasionally feel a ripping gale, knowing that a very long sword was there mere fractions of second ago. If Kazuma is overexerting himself, he certainly doesn't show it - or at least is doing his best not to.

"You don't wanna bite these bastards. You don't know which of them aren't poisonous. Zaraki-kun, would you mind trying to make a 'wall' of sorts so they have more difficulty getting close? I'll cut anything beyond that range."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Alysha]

Kyou's body lying behind her, Alysha stands with her zanpakuto in hand, facing the oncoming bandages. With her blade being shorter and wider than the average zanpakuto, Alysha has a slightly easier time blocking the bandages reaching for her and Kyou.

[Silva]

Silva quickly twists away from a bandage, ending up behind a tree. She presses her back to it, her dagger still in hand.

You know...you could let me help...

Silva peers around the tree. With all these shinigami here? Yeah, right. That'd be a great idea.

She quickly withdraws her head n time to dodge another bandage.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #186

Iwaki

Iwaki is satisfied, if grimly, by the success of his flames. He keeps them going for as long as the Kido can last, but Tenran is not one of the continuous Hados and the firestorm quickly wears itself out and dissipates, revealing a burned but regenerating Auset. He prepares to begin another Kido, likely fire based as well, but he is thrown off by Auset's odd behavior. When she summons the mummies, he is taken by surprise for long enough that he is unable to chant a Kido before a mummy reaches him. Taking a few steps back to prolong the time he has left, he draws his Zanpakuto.

"Forge. Katanakaji."

As the heavy gloves of his released Zanpakuto form around his hands, Iwaki lunges forward to meet the mummy head on. He grabs its hands with his own, matching it for a minute in physical strength. After a few seconds, a brilliant crimson glow shines out from the palm of his hands, bleeding through his splayed fingers and under his palms.

"Bellows flame."

With the command word, flames are released from Iwaki's Zanpakuto, directly onto the mummy's arms.

Allan

"But...that's..."

Allan indignantly flails for words, annoyance and anger interfering with his normally sharp wit. He flips back to totally avoid the blast from Akio, then jumps high up into the air above Elder. While the arrancar is distracted by Akio's attacks, Allan tries to do an elbow drop aimed at the shoulder of the arm holding his Zanpakuto.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Yoshi]

Yoshi gritted his teeth for a split second against the strain of this kido.

"-upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws. Hadō #33. Sōkatsui"

The wave of blue Kido energy raced through the air at Auset, pushing back and eventually burning away the bandages that had been heading for Yoshi.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-09-06 at 03:30 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #188

[Karite]

Karite stares coolly at Auset.

"Arrancar. I would prefer not to hurt any of those around us, might I suggest we take our fight... Elsewhere?"

His expression indicates this is not a request.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #189

[Akio]
    "You'll not match me in the blade, Hollow." Akio says abruptly as the blade is swung at him. A simple shift of his left arm imposes the hourglass between himself and sure death, his Zanpakuto hopefully blocking the stolen blade. He then uses Shunpo to regain ground, running toward Elder with his sword behind him for a powerful but wide slice at her side.

[Suzume]

A flicker in the rain reveals a shapely figure with purple hair.
    The air shows the goings on, old friend.

It does that, young one.

Overlooking the battlefield is a female soldier, a white Haori around her shoulders drenched in the rainwater. Her dark purple hair clinging to her thin face, and her left shoulder ending abruptly. On her left side sits her Zanpakuto, a red ribbon tied to the hilt.

As simply as she had appeared, the woman flashes out of view, reappearing closer to the battle to help the Shinigami for reasons unknown.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Auset

The two bandaged mummies lunge forward towards Karite, reaching out with rotten decrepit hands try and tear him apart. These creatures would only be a nuisance to a Vice Captain, but to others like the low seated, they could be a credible threat, especially in large numbers.

"Why? I mean, I lose potential hostages if we leave where they are." the arrancar asks, soundly honestly confused even as she leaps up above the Sokatsui, leaving the blast to rush towards Yoshi's companion before landing back behind the glare of light from it.

"And then you get to fight better because there's no one around you need to protect. It's a losing scenario for me.."

Well at least she stopped attacking for the moment.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Yoshi]

Yoshi fell to one knee, trying to catch his breath after finishing the kido. His right hand tightly grasped his staff, as if reaching inside for strength.

Sadly, today he would not find it, nor would it have mattered against such a foe.

For the moment, he simply rests, observing the situation, watching for the Arrancar's next move.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

[Nasumi & Kazuma]

Nasumi isn't sure if she gets what her superior is saying, but nods anyway. Lifting her sword and waving it in a large arc, she summons all the clouds back to herself and causes them to lash all Hollows in a wide circle around her and her companion. The serpentine fumes don't do much damage to the horrid beasts, but they do by the pair some time to think.

[Hachirou]

Hachirou is gravely surprised by the sudden agility displayed by the priorly lethargic Arrancar. He stops mid-chant and tries to say something while darting out of the blue fire's way. After that, he isn't visible in quite a while, obscured by the blast and probably cowering somewhere to avoid it.

[A certain Arrancar]

The pallid creature prepares to block Akio's rush, but is disrupted when Allan's elbow strikes its shoulder. It's pushed downward and its counter fails, causing Akio's blade to leave a shallow gash on its sword arm.

Then, there's a loud hum, and the creature disappears from between the Shinigami, reappearing high in the air some distance away from them and those fighting Auset. It regards its wound with dull surprise, even as its flesh sews itself back together, leaving no trace of injury. "My, aren't you troublesome. You almost had me there. I almost get the feeling I should take you seriously", it taunts.

"Almost."

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Auset

The two bandaged mummies lunge forward towards Karite, reaching out with rotten decrepit hands try and tear him apart. These creatures would only be a nuisance to a Vice Captain, but to others like the low seated, they could be a credible threat, especially in large numbers.

"Why? I mean, I lose potential hostages if we leave where they are." the arrancar asks, soundly honestly confused even as she leaps up above the Sokatsui, leaving the blast to rush towards Yoshi's companion before landing back behind the glare of light from it.

"And then you get to fight better because there's no one around you need to protect. It's a losing scenario for me.."

Well at least she stopped attacking for the moment.
    Karite grabs one of the mummies and tosses it aside.

he then punches the other one.

"For one, it's very hard for me to create large scale attacks when this squad refuses to leave, even though they know full well I can handle this. But I don't mind. I merely have a statement to make before I fight. I like to know my opponent's name, so as to put a name to the face. I, for example, am Karite Mitsukai, Vice Captain of the Thirteenth Division in the Court Guard. And you, arrancar? Before we begin this dance of death, what are you called?"

His sword is being held loosely in one hand, almost barely held. His other hand appears to be wrapped in... A kind of bandage. Strangely, it didn't impede his fist striking the mummy.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #194

[Alysha]

Alysha, for one, is glad that Auset has stopped her assault for the moment. Gives her a chance to check on Kyou's condition.

Good, she's doing good. Alysha moves Kyou over to get her out of the rain better.

Rough day?

Alysha smiles just a bit at the voice. All in a day's work, Tetsu. I might need your help in a bit. Not sure how long till she attacks again.

[Silva]

Silva is still behind the tree, dagger in hand. She tilts her head a little, trying to hear what's going on. The rain filters through the branches above, falling in odd ways to the ground around her.

Aw...over already? I didn't even get to join.

Quit complaining. Probably just a pause. The...thing...will probably go again soon.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #195

Spoiler
    Show
    The pallid creature prepares to block Akio's rush, but is disrupted when Allan's elbow strikes its shoulder. It's pushed downward and its counter fails, causing Akio's blade to leave a shallow gash on its sword arm.

Then, there's a loud hum, and the creature disappears from between the Shinigami, reappearing high in the air some distance away from them and those fighting Auset. It regards its wound with dull surprise, even as its flesh sews itself back together, leaving no trace of injury. "My, aren't you troublesome. You almost had me there. I almost get the feeling I should take you seriously", it taunts.

"Almost."
    Allan

Allan doesn't let up, charging after Elder as soon as the Arrancar reappears from its Sonido jump. He runs into the air until he is higher up than Elder, then takes a high jump at it, flipping into a flying kick aimed at Elder's head.

16. - Top - End - #196

[Nasumi & Kazuma]

Nasumi isn't sure if she gets what her superior is saying, but nods anyway. Lifting her sword and waving it in a large arc, she summons all the clouds back to herself and causes them to lash all Hollows in a wide circle around her and her companion. The serpentine fumes don't do much damage to the horrid beasts, but they do by the pair some time to think.

[Hachirou]

Hachirou is gravely surprised by the sudden agility displayed by the priorly lethargic Arrancar. He stops mid-chant and tries to say something while darting out of the blue fire's way. After that, he isn't visible in quite a while, obscured by the blast and probably cowering somewhere to avoid it.

[A certain Arrancar]

"Almost."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan

Allan doesn't let up, charging after Elder as soon as the Arrancar reappears from its Sonido jump. He runs into the air until he is higher up than Elder, then takes a high jump at it, flipping into a flying kick aimed at Elder's head.
    As Allen flies high above Elder, Akio flashes under her, and again to bring himself up at high speeds. His hope is that Elder won't be able to get both fighters. He forgoes his sword as a precaution to Elder dodging and tries to grasp at the Hollow's leg.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

[Nasumi & Kazuma]

Nasumi notices an odd, one-armed woman entering the fray. It makes her freeze for a split second and almost costs Nasumi her life when a dog-like Hollow lunges at her. At the last moment, she falls backwards and sends the creature flying over her, before quickly rolling back up.

"Wait! Who are you?", she shouts to Suzume, not sure if she's a friend or foe.

[A certain Arrancar]

The pallid creature has its eyes fixed on Allan as he dashes upward. Fast and strong as he is, the creature reacts calmly to his kick, bringing its off hand up to guard against the blow. However, just when the kick connects, it notices Akio coming from underneath. So, instead of using the block created opening to cut Allan in halves, it shifts its position slightly, grabs his ankle, and then yanks the young shinigami downwards, intending to redirect his momentum and use him to bludgeon Akio.

18. - Top - End - #198

[Nasumi & Kazuma]

Nasumi notices an odd, one-armed woman entering the fray. It makes her freeze for a split second and almost costs Nasumi her life when a dog-like Hollow lunges at her. At the last moment, she falls backwards and sends the creature flying over her, before quickly rolling back up.

"Wait! Who are you?", she shouts to Suzume, not sure if she's a friend or foe.

[A certain Arrancar]

The pallid creature has its eyes fixed on Allan as he dashes upward. Fast and strong as he is, the creature reacts calmly to his kick, bringing its off hand up to guard against the blow. However, just when the kick connects, it notices Akio coming from underneath. So, instead of using the block created opening to cut Allan in halves, it shifts its position slightly, grabs his ankle, and then yanks the young shinigami downwards, intending to redirect his momentum and use him to bludgeon Akio.

Suzume
    "I'm no one of importance to you, Shinigami. Just watch your little head, kiddo." She flashes over the girl and destroys the hollow easily. "Hado Number 4!" She yells as she fires at another hollow.

Akio
    "Crossdale, get out of here. Go help the others hold of the weaker hollows. You're getting in the way." Akio says calmly as he rolls out of the way of the shinigami, barely missing their heads colliding. His movement takes him out of position for an attack, however.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

"It's our problem if you intend to interfere. Looks like this operation is getting weirder and weirder."

He then turns to the Hollows themselves, and roars mightily.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!!"

There, that oughta do it.

"Your name and intent. We won't get in your way if you don't get in ours."

We've got bigger problems to worry about...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

[Nasumi]

The young Shinigami blinks in confusion as the Suzume cuts through the mass of monsters. What's happened to her arm? How can she fight so well with only one hand?, she wonders, feeling a bit embarrassed about her own, less impressive performance. She's so big and clumsy compared to the lithe assassin! How has she learned to fight like that?, Nasumi thinks bitterly, half-heartedly blocking and kicking away another small, bestial Hollow trying to bite her ankles.

[A certain Arrancar]

The pallid creature lets go of Allan's ankle, sending him flying through the air. It turns its blackened eyes to stare straight at Akio's, blade ready to exploit the opening he left. However, the strike never comes. There's just an unspoken statement transmitted by the dark orbs.

I could've cut you down where you stood.

Then, the creature again leaps backwards, climbing higher to the sky and getting even further from the other fight raging below. "I hope this isn't the best you can do", it says, "otherwise the state of afterlife must be sad indeed. Come on, Reaper - either kill me, or leave me alone. You don't have time to dawdle, your real enemy is still waiting below." It points Allan's blade at Auset.

"Quickly now - make your choice"
    , it chuckles. "I'm a busy woman, I can't have you ruining my schedules."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-09-15 at 04:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

Allan Crossdale

After Allan is released, he is thrown away from Elder. He quickly twists in the air, spinning gracefully around and landing in a crouch. He sighs frustratedly as he tries to determine his next move.

Zanpakuto stolen, had to use kido, and then I got used as a human club. Yep, this day couldn't possibly get any worse.

While Elder taunts Akio, Allan circles around behind it, moving surprisingly stealthily, and leaps at it. If Elder doesn't react in time, he jumps onto the arm holding his sword, grabs it with his hands and plants his feet on it, and tries to snap it.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Unnervingly enought, the creature doesn't even turn its head towards Allan, preferring to keep its eyes fixed on Akio. It only crooks its arm so that Allan can't immediatly overturn its elbow, and then keeps resisting his attempts with armstrenght alone. To Allan, it feels like trying to straighten a bent steel construction beam.

"My, aren't you persistant", the Arrancar remarks, lifting its other hand closer to Allan, pointing a black claw at his torso. "And impatient. Didn't I tell you I need this sword a while longer? Off you go!" The air vibrates, raindrops in the air floating together to combine with a flickering whisp of energy before its finger. Then there's a brief flash of silvery light as it shoots a bala against Allan's chest.

23. - Top - End - #203

Allan

Allan sees what Elder is doing and quickly flips himself so that he is leaning more steadily against Elder's arm. He crosses his arms over his chest as the Bala launches at him, allowing a direct hit. He grits his teeth against the pain and uses the impact of the Bala to momentarily increase his pushing power.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature is yanked out of balance due to Allan's stubborn insistence to keep hold of its arm. For a moment it just stumbles in the air, before reaching over its shoulder with its free hand in attempt to press Allan's eyes and nose painfully. "Stubborn child. Didn't you hear me? Off!"

25. - Top - End - #205

The creature is yanked out of balance due to Allan's stubborn insistence to keep hold of its arm. For a moment it just stumbles in the air, before reaching over its shoulder with its free hand in attempt to press Allan's eyes and nose painfully. "Stubborn child. Didn't you hear me? Off!"
    [Akio]
    Akio fires off a reiatsu blast at the hollow before moving up to engage. A downward stroke is followed by a wide stroke to Elder's left side.

26. - Top - End - #206

Allan

Allan smiles maliciously and slides out of the way of the grab, releasing Elder's arm only to slide onto the hollow's back, where he clings determinedly. He looks around carefully for anything resembling a weak spot, while keeping wary of any retaliation from Elder.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

[A certain Arrancar]

The monster's response to the blast of Reiatsu is simple - it stops trying to reach for Allan's face and instead grabs his leg so he can't just jump away, then turns in the air so that it's Allan's body that takes the bulk of the blast. Unfortunately, with so much extra weight dangling from its back, it can't move quick enough to dodge the two sword blows very well - both leave long, shallow gashes on its body.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-09-12 at 01:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Allan

Unfortunately for Elder, Allan thinks quickly and puts his flexibility to good use, bending backwards and folding his body nearly in half to avoid the attack. He still takes a hit from the energy blast, but Elder shares the damage.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Frustrated, the beast takes whatever advantage it can of Allan's move and wrenches its arm back to a natural position, so now it has at least some chance to block Akio's upcoming blows. With its offhand, it elbows Allan to his side, hoping the pain will make him loosen his hold.

30. - Top - End - #210

Allan

Elder's plan seems to work, and Allan's grip loosens...but only so that he can slide away from his current position, leap up in front of Elder, and try to headbutt the Arrancar.