New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Jirou may find himself being tapped on the shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

[Hajime - District 15]

District 15. A wonder in a practical city-state of wonders.

People roaming all over the place. Money trading hands as goods are bought and sold. Advertisements attempting to convince those who come here to buy a certain product and others like it. This district truly shows Academy City's metropolitan side, rivaling that of New York City or Akihabara.

Hajime tried to avoid it as much as possible, at least during hours where people were most likely to be there. The more he is exposed to people, the greater chance someone will act on his rather unusual appearance and status. That, and the commotion often left him essentially deaf, unable to determine what exactly is going on at any given time. However, he knew this was a worthy cause, so he took a deep breath and dove head first into the crowds.

Amidst the masses, there had to be some place. Some place passed over time and again, some place dark, mysterious, some place Catarino would be.

If such a place existed, Hajime was going to find it.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

When people are confronted with a sudden shock, they tend to rely more on reflex and ingrained training than rational thought. Unfortunately, even if those reflexes are finely honed and the training thorough, they don't always make the best decisions in the heat of the moment. Thus, having spent years learning to brawl for both fun and profit, Jirou's reaction to the unexpected shoulder tap was simultaneously smooth, practiced and incredibly stupid. Without hesitation he sent a sharp elbow jab behind him to hopefully catch his 'attacker' off-guard while simultaneously whirling around to face them, one hand already balled into a fist. By the time his trailing thoughts had managed to catch up and say:

"Hey, what if this is just a little old lady asking for directions?"

...his follow-up punch was already in progress.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Inoue Tsubasa had, at first, just intended to ask Jirou exactly why he was spying at her schoolmates. However, as he tried to jab her with his elbow, her mind instantly shifted from mildly annoyed to utterly focused.

Elbow. Heading towards her gut. Tsubasa sidestepped, leaving her in a position to...

there. As the assailant started throwing a punch, Tsubasa attempted to execute a judo throw. Assailant was heavier than her, and probably physically stronger than her, so judo was the best move.

If it went well, Jirou should end up on his back, Tsubasa prepared to use her wind if necessary. He'll also see the Judgement armband.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as Jirou felt his opponent start to counter the punch, his trailing doubts vanished in an instant. This wasn't some harmless old lady or a curious school girl; This was a fighter. Feeling the beginnings of a basic Judo throw he gleefully twisted his arm around and spun it back in the other direction, regaining control of his momentum and hopefully pulling the enemy off balance. Either way, his free hand was already coming in to make a flanking attack.

The part of Jirou's brain which was still active made a mental note to thank his assailant (whoever they were) later. After all the events of today, this was just the distraction he'd needed.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubasa's mind recognised the counter, and while she didn't adjust in time, she didn't lose her balance, either, moving away a short distance. "Inoue Tsubasa, Judgement. Surrender and tell me why you were spying on my classmates."

Her voice is emotionless.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

And nearby, hiding in an empty trash can. Akiyama is watching Jirou as he has been for some time. "What in the world is going on here? first he is friends with Harada Rin? And now he is fighting some girl, judgment too from the looks of it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Tsubasa's mind recognised the counter, and while she didn't adjust in time, she didn't lose her balance, either, moving away a short distance. "Inoue Tsubasa, Judgement. Surrender and tell me why you were spying on my classmates."

Her voice is emotionless.
    In contrast, Jirou's voice had an unhealthy amount of enjoyment in it, especially now that he could see his opponent fully. He obviously liked what he saw, since his eyes travelled up and down her form in a way that was anything but wholesome.

"Hayashi Daisuke, professional squid wrangler, not a chance. Right, that's the boring stuff out of the way. Let's do this!"

And with that the fight resumed. Jirou quickly closed the distance between them once more and devoted his full body to the task of establishing a grapple on his opponent. He hadn't been planning on doing that at first, but a quick look at the enemy had changed his mind. Unlike the people he usually fought, this was someone who'd be really fun to grapple.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately for Jirou, Tsubasa chose this moment to blast him with wind. At the moment, at forty kilometers per hour.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

It was amazing how fast a situation could go south. One moment Jirou was a menacing figure, bearing down on a valiant arm of the law. Then all at once his advance had mysteriously stopped, and he had just enough time to be puzzled by this before being blasted backwards at a rate of knots. Suddenly off his feet and without a clue, he did his best to roll with the blow as he...well, rolled, along the street. Finally he came to rest a fair distance away, although 'rest' might not have been the best word for his state of being. For a while he simply lay there, blinking at the sky and trying to piece together what had just happened. If given a chance, though, he would eventually rise to his feet, wincing a few times as he did so.

"Okay, so, yeah. About that 'surrender' thing..."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

She holds a hand up, poised to make a slicing motion. "Very well. Hands behind your back. You're under arrest for assaulting a Judgement officer. Why were you spying on my classmates?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyam groans, "I can't believe I'm doing this, but Iv'e gotta help that idiot Jirou. Besides the fact that he is my rival not hers, this girl is nuts."

He sits up a bit, and pulling several metal pens out of his bag throws them followed by a boosting shot of air, They whistle through the air headed right to the front of the girl and at her.

Then he stands and attempts to get out of there, "Hey Idiot!!! Get up and get moving I'm not gonna come help you again!!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubasa manages to dodge the pens, assisted by a gust of wind deflecting them slightly. She is, however, diverted. Slightly. Maybe enough.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Bugbear in the Playground

Before Jane had time to worry about why a student would be fighting, she was distracted by noises that came from the other side of the gate. She thought she saw a glimpse of people fighting but wasn't sure. Carefully she opened her mind for a small bit, just enough to feel a wave of negative emotions coming from that direction and quickly closed it again.
    Softly she pulled Sakurako's sleeve and pointed towards the noise. "Something is happening over there. It doesn't sound good."
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-10-13 at 03:39 AM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    {Time skip.}

[Later; As In Afterschool]

Hisagi sprints out the door.

Screaming.

"FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"
    Katsu walks out right after Hisagi

"WOOHOO-I'm hungry!"

Looks like the young speedster has moved on to changing subject mid-woohoo now. What a surprise.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou didn't need to be told twice; He ran as fast as he could without looking back. He also made absolutely sure not to focus on the fact that Akiyama of all people had just popped out of a nearby bin and helped him. The bruises he'd got in that fight had finally convinced him once and for all that all this wasn't a dream, so he didn't want any new ludicrous events throwing that into question again. No, far better just to let his legs do the thinking until he was well away from that wailing banshee.

A good thing, too, or he'd have realised that he now owed his second-worst enemy a favour. No self-respecting thug could keep their breathing steady with a thought like that in their mind...

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama meanwhile is off running, He does not want to be around when more people show up, as they inevitably will. He runs around a corner....
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-10-13 at 08:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    That was it. That was the part of the sentence he was forgetting. Wait, he asked another question. Lets see...
    "Some kind of... science... job... build things for city..."
    The temptation to open his English to Japanese dictionary was increasing with every word.
    Masaki

He nods in response, doing his best to feign interest.

"So she works in construction?"

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Masaki

He nods in response, doing his best to feign interest.

"So she works in construction?"
    Jason

Jason finally gives up and reaches for his japanese to english dictionary. After some flipping back and forth between the pages, he looks back up at Masaki.
    "Uhhh... No. Not construction. She's actually a... uh... scientist."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Jason

Jason finally gives up and reaches for his japanese to english dictionary. After some flipping back and forth between the pages, he looks back up at Masaki.
    "Uhhh... No. Not construction. She's actually a... uh... scientist."
    Masaki

Masaki quirks an eyebrow, slightly confused. "So she's a scientist but she also builds things? Is she a...hmm..."" "Hmm, this one might be too difficult for him in Japanese..." "...a [weapons designer]?"

A couple blocks down, Hongakuteki's generic sign appears.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Jason

Jason thinks for a moment. Then decides to drop speaking japanese, hoping the teacher is fluent enough with English.
    ["I don't really know what she does... Just that she is a scientist, yet she also builds new types of machines and devices. She recently published something in robotics back when we were in California, and thats what lead to the city offering her a job. However, she's very knowledgable in computers and software as well as various other highly sophisticated devices."]

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Jason

Jason thinks for a moment. Then decides to drop speaking japanese, hoping the teacher is fluent enough with English.
    ["I don't really know what she does... Just that she is a scientist, yet she also builds new types of machines and devices. She recently published something in robotics back when we were in California, and thats what lead to the city offering her a job. However, she's very knowledgable in computers and software as well as various other highly sophisticated devices."]
    Masaki

It takes Masaki a moment to puzzle out some of the harder words, but he gets the gist of it.

"Robotics? Interesting. I'm working on a robotics project for the City, myself."

He glances up and realizes that they're in front of the restaurant. Sanin is drunk and grouchy as usual.

"Here we are." He enters and orders a plate of Beef and Curry on Rice. After it arrives, Masaki heads out the door.

"It's been a pleasure, Mr. Williams. You'll receive a memo on your Curriculum regimen by next week. I'll see you in class tomorrow." He waves Jason goodbye and leaves the restaurant.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Jason

"Alright. See you later."
    He then turns to face the restruant before entering in.

(I'll post him inside the restraunt later)

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako

The Judgment member blinks when Jane abruptly tugs on her sleeve, glancing over in the direction that the other had pointed in with sudden curiousity. Before she walks over to check it out though, she gives a Kazumi a quick look as if to promise 'this conversation isn't over yet!' even as curiosity over whelms her exasperation at her room-mate's reckless behavior.

"Hey, Jane-chan..if it's trouble, you stay back and try not to get hurt, kay?" Sakurako says in a surprisingly friendly fashion and a smile back towards the new girl. Another glance at Kazumi and the red-head is pulling out her Judgment headband and pinning it to her sleeve.

Better safe then sorry...

With that in place, she hurries over to the wall surrounding Tokiwadai and, with a quick teleportation, precariously perches atop the wall and peers around to see just what is causing all the noise.

"Hey, what's going on here?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubasa glances up at Sakurako. "I spotted a boy spying on you three, and he attacked me when I attempted to gain his attention. An ally of his distracted me, and he managed to run away in that time."

Her voice sounds... blank of any emotion. Creepy.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-14 at 01:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

After checking constantly with the dictionary in his hand, he adds up all the prices of the items that seemed appetizing to him. After figuring out the proper yen notes he needed, he proceeds forward to make his order.

"Ummm... hi. Could I get the Teriyaki chicken dish as well as an order of onigiri and a drink of cola?"

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

"Coming right up, mister! <3", a blonde waitress in modest red dress chirps and winks to Jason, before prancing to the kitchen.

Well, waiter. Fujii Hinata's lecture schedule has unusually allowed him to take a day shift in his employer's seedy restaurant. Since Sannin is not in her best customer-serving mood (Wait... does she even have one?), Hinata has hands full of work, but the prospect of more pay is strong incentive to be extra-diligent.

Nothing better than extra money to be spend on new clothes an CDs.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Jason just waits there as his order is being cooked. After shifting around for a few seconds, his attention is directed at the kitchen. He thought he heard the sound of something sizzling on a grill. His mind went blank for a moment as the imaginary scene began to play in his mind.

He had a vision of a piece of chicken on the grill sizzle on top of it. Then slowly, the vision grew closer and closer to the chicken. His imagination stretched to the molecular level. He could imagine all the molecules moving rapidly around, reforming themselves with the new abundance of heat and energy. Water molecues in the blood spead up and soon launched themselves into the air. The molecues of the meat (He didn't know the atomic formula for chicken meat. It just showed a large molecular pattern.) were breaking off and reforming.

He just stood as still as a statue with this entire vision playing out before him.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, that could have gone better."

Such was Jirou's considered summation of the previous few minutes. He'd recently finished his brilliant tactical retreat from the battle, and was now recovering in a distant alleyway. It was dingy, cramped and smelly, but had the massive benefit of containing no nosy police schoolgirls who wanted to put him in chains. As Jirou leant heavily against a disturbingly sticky wall and tried to regain the use of his lungs, he placed a silent curse on the mystery girl for adding a serious crimp to an otherwise fantastic day.

"Spineless Judgement, throwing their weight around like that. One day I'll be too strong for them to push around, and then they'll be the ones running..."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Sakurako
    "Hey, Jane-chan..if it's trouble, you stay back and try not to get hurt, kay?" Sakurako says in a surprisingly friendly fashion and a smile back towards the new girl. Another glance at Kazumi and the red-head is pulling out her Judgment headband and pinning it to her sleeve.
    With that in place, she hurries over to the wall surrounding Tokiwadai and, with a quick teleportation, precariously perches atop the wall and peers around to see just what is causing all the noise.
    While Sakurako hurried towards where Jane had pointed, Jane herself was looking worried. That obviously didn't feel good, then again she wasn't really used to outright hostile emotions. Sure she had experienced her fair share back at home, but they were different... People would suspect her of being crazy, or would see her as a little gold mine. They were never outwardly violent towards here and neither were their feelings or thoughts, though they did hurt her a bit...

For a second, just a small brief second, Jane wished she was back home again. At least that was a familiar environment... Her parents hadn't traveled with her, they were probably enjoying the money they got for her by the British government to stay quiet. She'd have to deal with new situations, peoples and emotions all alone now. It was quite scary.

Jane was staring blankly into space, realizing all of a sudden that Kazumi was still standing next to her. Snapping out of her thoughts, she looked embarrassed at the girl. "Uh... You know her well then I do. Should we help?"
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga