New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Ikisawa, District 10

"This is what you get for lording it over us!!"

Thud. A boot connecting with a side, the person curling up on the ground as the delinquents cluster around, two keeping an eye out at the end of the alley-way for any sign of trouble coming their way.

"S-stop I didn't...!"

BAM!

"Who said you could talk?! This isn't your prettied up schools esper! This is Psyche Raider territory and we won't let some snobby psychic look down on us!" the offender growls out, lean and mean looking teenager in a pink hoody. His face is heavily decorated with piercings, twisted up into an ugly scowl at the sight of the student curled up into a ball around his foot.

"Hey, Usunama-senpai, maybe we shouldn't do this, you know that the boss doesn't like stuff like this..." One of the others says anxiously, looking toward the mouth of the alley as if expecting Judgement or Anti-Skill to show up.

"Shut up you pansy! Mujou is on the other end of the district, and even if he does find out who's he going to believe? Six of his own men or some dirty esper?" the pierced man spits out, giving another hard kick to the curled up student's stomach, making the glasses-wearing boy whimper.

"But if he does..."

"The only way he's going to find out is..."

"If I come looking for my newest members?" the cold, hard voice sounds from the entry to the alley, Usunama and the other five turning to see the dark shadow standing there with the two look outs sprawled on the ground at his feet. Ikisawa stands tall with his bat held loosely in his left hand, duffel bag left discarded on the ground as he begins to slowly advance towards the small group. His black hair is spiky and pointed backwards, held back by a white head-band with it's long tails hanging down his back. A red coat is draped over his shoulders, but he wears no shirt beneath, revealing his muscled chest and stylized oni-skull tattooed across his pectorals. Despite the cold, he still dresses so casually, breath like a cloud of smoke before his hawk-like features. "What's going on here boys?"

"Please, you have to helURGHH!" the victim began to call out before Usunama's boot planted itself in his face and broke his glasses, shoving him back down the ground. Despite the uneasiness of his fellows, Usunama steps forward boldly with a lazy smile on his face.

"Hey boss! Glad you are here! We caught this psychic bastard trying to shake down some store owners while we were out. Thought we'd teach him a lesson, you know?" the bully drawls simply, spreading his arms out wide as if the thought Ikisawa might not believe him ever crossed his mind. For his part, Ikisawa appraises the scene with cold eyes...before finally looking to the esper of all people.

"...Hey kid, that true?" he says softly, bouncing his bat against his shoulder.

"Hey! Boss, I already told you what...!" Usunama begins to say.

"SHUT UP! If you aren't lying then I'll see the truth in his eyes." the Skill Out leader roars, making Usunama clam up, the beginning of apprehension coming to his face.

"N-no! It's not true! I was just getting some groceries and they started trying to get me to loan them some! I said no and..!"

"Alright, that's enough."

"C'mon Mujou-senpai, who ware you going to believe, your own guys or an esper?" Usunama says weakly, reaching into one pocket to palm the handle of a small knife earnestly.

"You know what I hate? Bullies. They prey on the weak because they think it's okay, that no one can stop them. Even in Academy City you see it happen. It's why I hunt down the espers who get drunk on their own abilities and pick on those without abilities because they think they are better. I hate them...but not because they're espers." Ikisawa explains as he shrugs his jacket off of his shoulders, letting it fall down to the cold ground as steam begins to rise off his body, "I refuse to let anyone pick on those weaker then them...but especially scum like you who do it for money or thrills."

"W-what are you going to do? Are you really going to fight your own men? You think you can take six of us?!" Usunama demands hotly, brandishing his knife in one hand while the others glance uneasily at one another...before moving to stand beside Usunama...except for the one who had doubted. He looked to Ikisawa for a couple of moments before retreating to the entrance of the alleyway. The pierced bully just begins to laugh, drunk on the odds as he boldly steps forward, "Maybe it's time someone else takes over...?!"

"QUIET!"

BAMF!

Ikisawa's bat comes around in a flash, slamming into the side of Usunama's cheek and laying him out cold on the ground in a single strike. Steam continues to rise off of his body, breath billowing from his mouth as an almost feral grin comes to his face.

"This is justice, pure and simple, justice against those who abuse others! Hey kid, give Judgement a call. Tell them that five delinquents need picked up for assaulting a student." he says to the one who had chosen to side with him, bringing his bad up again, "Best call now. This won't take long."

=========

Couple of Minutes Later

The five were strewn all over the alley, beaten, bruised, and bleeding while Ikisawa stands triumphant in their midst. A couple of small bruises can be seen on his arms where one of them had gotten in a couple of lucky blows. With a groan he bends over and lifts his coat off of the ground, beginning to saunter towards the entrance to the alley.

"A-ahh, thank you!" the student starts to call out, having long ago sat up to watch the brawl. He'd used a handkerchief to wipe the blood from his nose.

"Don't thank me. I ever find out you've done something like this, then you'll be next." Ikisawa states simply, slinging his coat over his shoulder and rushing out unto the street. "C'mon! Judgement will be here any minute!"

And then he was gone...
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-08-21 at 01:56 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Yoshikawa Futae

As Katsu accosts the unfortunate Kei, Futae's ears perk up to the sound of unattended customers. She twirls her way over to their table, notepad and pen in her hands.

"Hi~Hi~~!" Futae practically sings her greetings as she leans over and thrusts her face into Kei and Katsu's, a little too close for comfort.

"Welcome to Kadokado! What can Fu-chan get you today?"
    "Do you have cocoa today? I like cocoa, but I can never find any, maybe I should just stick to chocolate?"

... Katsu answers quickly as Kei finishes speaking.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Rin

"Okay."
    Rin seems slightly confused by Hinata's response, but takes it in stride without comment, assuming he'll find some way to work it out for her. She could pay- she's sure they'll manage it for her somehow. Then again, she's used to having a private cook, so her optimism is likely unfounded.

With that taken care of, she turns her attention to Sakurako again, smiling.
    "So, who are you?"
    It's a little blunt, but the smile across her pale face, and her rather informal posture and cheery tone take all the edge out of the question, direct or not.
    Sakurako

"Egh..." Sakurako seems taken aback by the very...straightforward question, but seems to recover herself in a couple of minutes.

Geez, you'd think for such a rich girl that she'd have better manners then that...

"Well..my name is Kasusa Sakurako." the redhead finally says, managing to get the words out with another, somewhat faltering, smile on her face. Again she gestures for Kazumi to join her, to help diffuse some of the tension this odd pallid girl had created.

"And that's my friend, Kanazuchi Kazumi. So you go to Tokiwadai to, huh? Kazumi and I do too, though she's a year younger then me." Sakurako says a bit obviously since, after all, they were all wearing the uniform still. Heavens only knows what the dorm supervisor would do to them if they were caught without wearing the uniform!

"I don't think I got your name thouh..."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Rin

"Harada Rin. It's a pleasure to meet you!"
    While for most people this might be a formality, even if a kindly spoken formality, Rin appears to be completely honest. Though she's still soaked, and her manners are a bit odd, the presence of Kazumi and Sakurako seem to have entirely cheered her up, and set a beaming smile on her face; the genuine happiness in her words and expression is hard to ignore.

"I haven't been here very long, so I don't really know anyone yet except for a few of the teachers."
    The words are a little random, but do help elaborate on her circumstances, and probably help confirm that this is the person the rumors are about. Then again, her name probably does that just as well- it wasn't like many people had her first name.
    "But everyone seems nice so far."
    She says optimistically, swinging her legs a bit more.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanazuchi Kazumi

Kazumi looks a little awkward as she sits down at the table with her two sempai.
    Maybe it was because of Sakurako's absent reminder (was it a threat?) of the incident with a certain disappearing skirt.
    Or maybe it was a slight feeling of insignificance next to the famous [Perverted Red Comet], and the famous [Ace of Tokiwadai].

"Nice to meet you." Kazumi said after Sakurako's brief introduction. It was strange, but it seemed the [Ace] was not so unfriendly or maybe as dangerous as some of the rumors. She seemed friendly anyway.

"Do you come here often?" Kazumi asked, pausing only to see a certain rival of hers appear. It was Yagami 'Meiryoku', the other 4th level second year student in Kanazuchi's class.
    Kazumi raised a hand just high enough for 'Meiryoku' to see.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Hi! Meir walked closer to Kazumi. Yeah, I come here often enough. I come here more in the winter, though. She recognized Kazumi as the other 4th Level from her class, but she figured Kazumi knew that too. Is this seat taken? She motioned to an empty seat beside Kazumi.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing that Sakurako isn't going to be helpful, Hinata sigh and scribbles "... or Sanin Ultra Special China-Sized Mega Burger XL" next to Rin's order. After all, the infamous burger itself fits the descriptor of "a little bit of everything" moderately well.

He then turns to Kazumi and Meir, smiling politely. "Can I get something for you as well?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #38

Yup! Meir says cheerfully. One order of sukiyaki, please! Make sure you remember to put in extra enoki mushrooms!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yuki Toshi sits atop the freeway bridge, all around him shines his namesake, the bright snow of Academy City. A heavy sigh escapes his lips as he slides off the edge of the bridge, walking vertically down one of the large metal beams until he reaches the bottom of the bridge. Here he turn to hanging upside down , his legs dangling up toward the top of the bridge as he sits upside down in much the same manner as before. To an onlooker it might be disorienting.

"Nothing amazing ever happens here..." He says with a sigh. That was one of Yuki's favorite sayings from his favorite anime. He had seen so many things in Academy City too many times to really be surprised anymore, so it was also mostly true.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-08-21 at 11:01 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Kei, Kadokado Café

"I'm sure. Chocolate please. By the way, I have to say it's quite a pleasure to be served by the manager herself. You look lovely as always." Just as he had finished speaking an eruption of cries broke out. A few of said cute girls had spotted him and shouted in adoration altering even more to his presence causing a change reaction. "Kyaaa!~ It's really him! Azabu's ace! Ehhhhh?! Kei-kun is here? I'll have whatever he's having! Me too! Awww, he looks good enough to eat! *giggle* He's so dreamy!" Fortunately for Kei none of them could work up the courage to directly approach him and he wasn't swarmed by his many admirers. "I guess I'm good for business even without my powers," shrugged the esper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    "Do you have cocoa today? I like cocoa, but I can never find any, maybe I should just stick to chocolate?"

... Katsu answers quickly as Kei finishes speaking.
    Futae

Futae giggles as well, giving Kei a teasing wink.

"Hee hee! Mr. Popular's gonna make my store popular too! Since you're such a great guy, I'll let you have the parfait for free if you can finish it in fifteen minutes!"

She then turns to Katsu. "Cocoa?"

Futae leans right up against Katsu's face, her piercing red eyes clashing with her sweet smile.

"Kadokado Café wouldn't be much of a café if we didn't stock cocoa, sweety!"

Masaki

"...and don't just ask questions either, try hold a conversation if you can.

...heh. I feel like such a damn hypocrite. The single, chain smoking hermit tells the newbie how to socialize. Anyways, do as I say, not as I do, will you? Don't end up like me."

"It went...well."

"...you'll have to say more than that. Talk to them, not at them."

"*Ahem* I noticed at least 38 different classroom code of conduct violations over the course of the entire day; 20 incidents of talking, 3 pieces of contraband including 2 pieces of jewelery and 1 pair of sunglasses, 7 smuggled notes, 4 forgotten homeworks, and 4 cases of delinquency."

He pauses again, then continues. Masaki types some data into a computer as he speaks.

"You mentioned that your brother has a falcon?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici - Onizuka Laboratory

"Heh, no class is perfect I guess," Cici replied, smirking a little.

"Well, he doesn't exactly own it," she went on. "His esper power lets him talk to falcons, so they sometimes end up inside the classroom. So sensei usually holds him responsible when they do something."

She continued tapping code into the computer.

Speaking of Catarino...

Catarino - Apartment Roofs

Catarino stood up, and stretched. Well, he thought, guess I'll just go somewhere and not just sit around.

With that, he jumped down to the balcony and made sure the door was closed. Then, he jumped off the railing, reached out to grab a pole, slid down, and jumped to the ground safely. Once his feet touched the pavement, he sped off to god knows where.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Futae

Futae giggles as well, giving Kei a teasing wink.

"Hee hee! Mr. Popular's gonna make my store popular too! Since you're such a great guy, I'll let you have the parfait for free if you can finish it in fifteen minutes!"

She then turns to Katsu. "Cocoa?"

Futae leans right up against Katsu's face, her piercing red eyes clashing with her sweet smile.

"Kadokado Café wouldn't be much of a café if we didn't stock cocoa, sweety!"
    Katsu smiles, as if he wasn't bothered at all

"Great, then I'll have some of that, by the way..."

As he speak, Katsu blurs into high-speed and disappear just to reappear standing right next to Futae less than half a second later.

"Why are you leaning so close, won't you fall?"

He looks mischievous now, maybe Futae should watch out for pranks when she leaves the table?

(He haven't done anything, but Futae don't know that )
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-08-22 at 04:27 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kanazuchi Kazumi

Kazumi looks a little awkward as she sits down at the table with her two sempai.
    Maybe it was because of Sakurako's absent reminder (was it a threat?) of the incident with a certain disappearing skirt.
    Or maybe it was a slight feeling of insignificance next to the famous [Perverted Red Comet], and the famous [Ace of Tokiwadai].

"Nice to meet you." Kazumi said after Sakurako's brief introduction. It was strange, but it seemed the [Ace] was not so unfriendly or maybe as dangerous as some of the rumors. She seemed friendly anyway.

"Do you come here often?" Kazumi asked, pausing only to see a certain rival of hers appear. It was Yagami 'Meiryoku', the other 4th level second year student in Kanazuchi's class.
    Kazumi raised a hand just high enough for 'Meiryoku' to see.
    Harada Rin

Rin shakes her head at the question, and looks a bit embarrassed (but not less talktative) as she admits her situation.
    "No, I've never been here before. And I'm actually not really sure where I am- I got a little lost."
    Despite her words and shame, the smile doesn't drop from her face.
    "I was chasing after snowflakes and... I guess I got a little carried away."

She looks a little confused as Meir approaches and rather hijacks the conversation, but recovers quickly enough to give her a cheerful wave and greeting.
    "Hello!"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako

The red-head blinks when Meir suddenly arrives and takes the seat beside Kazumi, a bit taken aback by the others abrupt appearance all of a sudden before her smile returns.

"Yeah, I'd be more surprised if someone wasn't being nice to you. But you just tell me if they aren't and I'll straighten them out, kay?" the more worldly Tokiwadai student says cheerfully, before a shadow is cast over her face and she glances at Kazumi, "Except if it's the dorm supervisor...then you're on your own. That woman is terrifying."

The usually fiery girl shudders at the thought of that stern woman, glancing around superstitiously before hunkering down a bit in her seat. Could never be too certain in these cases.

"That reminds me...what year are you? I'd say you are a second year like Kazumi off-hand..." Another perturbed blink and a glance at the others sitting at the table, "You...ah...you really don't know how you got here? Hmm..well I guess it's my duty to show you the way back then..but only after we've eaten!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, it's a deal," he said confidently. Assuming Futae was momentarily distracted by Katsu's sudden movement he'd give her chest a somewhat covert once-over. Considering how close it was to them he figured it'd be rude not to.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-22 at 01:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Meir shuddered. The dorm supervisor is the devil trapped in a woman's body...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Town]

Hisagi had left his house right around the time that he heard the "She's got me!", and sighed.

"Goddammit, why does she always get into this kind of trouble? I swear, if she wasn't my oldest friend, I'd kill her."

He stalks through the streets, muttering darkly, and runs towards Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri.

Wherever that is.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-08-22 at 02:53 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin
    [Awaiting a Ridiculously Large Order at Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri]

"Okay!"
    Rin says enthusiastically to Sakurako's various offers and conditions. The reactions over the dorm supervisor were confusing, but Rin is sure it'll be just fine. Right? Yeah, of course.

"I'm in the third year actually."
    Rin clarifies, looking around at what other people are ordering and eating, just to satisfy her curiosity.
    "They thought they might have to push me back a grade since I only just started into the program, but my parents made sure I got the tutoring I needed to start off in the right year."
    She seems fairly happy about that turn of events.
    "I still might not have made it, but they said I'm a quick learner."

A bit of an understatement, given her various achievements, not the least of which was advancing to level 5 in less than a year.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Alright, it's a deal," he said confidently. Assuming Futae was momentarily distracted by Katsu's sudden movement he'd give her chest a somewhat covert once-over. Considering how close it was to them he figured it'd be rude not to.
    Futae

Kei's sneaking, momentary glance is somehow noticed despite Katsu's antics. She's got sharp eyes, indeed...

"Heeey," pouts Futae, placing a (not so obscuring) hand over her chest and pretending to look dismayed, "You pervert! Fu-chan can't get married if you do that!"

Her demeanor quickly changes back to her normal, cheerful self, however.

"Just kidding! Maybe you should check out the other gals, too! Hee hee!"

As he speak, Katsu blurs into high-speed and disappear just to reappear standing right next to Futae less than half a second later.

He looks mischievous now, maybe Futae should watch out for pranks when she leaves the table?

In response, Futae leans even closer, so that her nose is almost touching Katsu's.

"No worries, no worries~! Fu-chan used to be a dancer, you know!"

She pulls back and heads off to make the drinks and parfait. As she walks off, she coyly waggles her butt just once and winks at Kei and Katsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Cici - Onizuka Laboratory

"Heh, no class is perfect I guess," Cici replied, smirking a little.

"Well, he doesn't exactly own it," she went on. "His esper power lets him talk to falcons, so they sometimes end up inside the classroom. So sensei usually holds him responsible when they do something."

She continued tapping code into the computer.
    Masaki

Masaki continues typing data into the computer for a second longer until he pauses.

"Animal Empathy? I didn't know that was even possible.

Hmm..."

"Interesting. What school does your brother go to?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

The door to Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri opens, letting in a cold draft from outside. Now inside the door stands Yuki, his clothes and hair dripping wet. It looks as if he fell from the bridge into the freezing cold water underneath. "I really need to work on that. The water's a little cold this time of year." He says to no one in particular before going to the counter and ordering a hot drink and some french fries.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri]

As it seems Kazumi isn't going to order anything, Hinata tiptoes away. There are other customers to account for. After a while, he delivers the orders to the kitchen - hoping that Sanin won't throw a hissy fit over Rin's order. If everything goes well, Sakurako and Meir will soon get their dishes - Rin, unfortunately, might have to wait for a while longer...

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

As it seems Kazumi isn't going to order anything, Hinata tiptoes away. There are other customers to account for. After a while, he delivers the orders to the kitchen - hoping that Sanin won't throw a hissy fit over Rin's order. If everything goes well, Sakurako and Meir will soon get their dishes - Rin, unfortunately, might have to wait for a while longer...
    Sanin

Outside in the dining area of the restaurant, screaming can be heard.

"SHE WANTS A SANIN SPECIAL BURGER?! OH DAMMIT, WHY DON'T I EVER TAKE THAT STUPID THING OFF THE MENU!! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH GROUND BEEF I HAVE TO LUG AROUND?! HOW MUCH DAMN CHEESE I HAVE TO GRATE?! AND THERE'S LIKE A GARDEN'S WORTH OF TOMATO AND LETTUCE IN THAT THING!"

Sanin grabs onto Hinata's collar and shakes him back and forth as she vents her spleen on him.

"AND IT'S EITHER THAT, OR EVERYTHING ON THE MENU! LOOK AT IT! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD THAT IS, PART TIMER?! POUNDS N' POUNDS OF IT! And I gotta cook it all, and there's gonna be food inspectors cuz of...cuz of...and they'll..."

Overcome with despair, Sanin sinks to the floor and begins wailing (mostly the drunk kind).
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-22 at 04:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hisagi gives up on searching for the cafe, and decides to go fix the electricity in his apartment.

Everyone in the building sighs as they see him go up, with his sleeves rolled up, and start to try and fix his electricity. Whispers can be heard.

"Is he gonna break the power again?"

"Why doesn't he just get that teleporting friend of his to go and find a electrician?"

"Last time we didn't have power for a week!"

A vein pulses in his head as he whirls around.

"Look, this is REALLY hard to do, so I would appreciate it if you all just SHUT UP!"

A stray strand of lightning arcs from his finger, and the world seems to slow down as the occupants watch in horror as it zaps the light bulb.

The power in the entire building, and most of the power within a five building radius goes down.

And everyone in those buildings hears Hisagi's scream:

"OH SON OF A-"
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-08-22 at 04:28 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

As Hinata is taller and likely stronger that his drunken superior, he isn't fazed by Sanin's behavious. In fact, he kinda appreciates her roughness. Of course, to the outside world he just looks like a hapless waitress being abused by "her" heartless superior. "Please, don't be angry at me, Sanin-sama. I'm just doing my job." Maybe he can guilt her to giving him better pay later on?

He's still caught off guard when she breaks down in desperation. "Please, calm down, Sanin-sama", he says, trying to sound as calming and encouraging as possible. Snatching a piece of paper from a nearby table to offer as a handkerchief, he kneels down beside her and pats her on the back. "We're here to help you. Together, we will surely overcome this obstacle. There's nothing to worry about."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-08-22 at 07:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Thanks! Meir calls back and begins to dig into her sukyaki.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei, Kadokado Café

Kei's face lit up with a gleeful smile and he chuckled quietly in response to Futae's teasing. Rather than be embarrassed he was just glad she was such a good sport and didn't miss a beat when it came to playing along.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-22 at 06:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanazuchi Kazumi

Having missed the time to buy food because a certain writer was sleeping, Kazumi is depressed by the good smell of food.

But Harada Rin's explanation of chasing snowflakes is hard to comprehend because Kazumi thinks of the word 'chase' to mean something different.

But then Sakurako says something of surprise to Kazumi, because of course the [Ace of Tokiwadai] - the legendary student who was [Level 5] the fastest in the city - was a third year student in Sakurako's class. To not know this, left Kazumi's mouth open with surprise.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaki

Masaki continues typing data into the computer for a second longer until he pauses.

"Animal Empathy? I didn't know that was even possible.

Hmm..."

"Interesting. What school does your brother go to?"
    "Right here at Onizuka," Cici replied.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Futae

Kei's sneaking, momentary glance is somehow noticed despite Katsu's antics. She's got sharp eyes, indeed...

"Heeey," pouts Futae, placing a (not so obscuring) hand over her chest and pretending to look dismayed, "You pervert! Fu-chan can't get married if you do that!"

Her demeanor quickly changes back to her normal, cheerful self, however.

"Just kidding! Maybe you should check out the other gals, too! Hee hee!"

In response, Futae leans even closer, so that her nose is almost touching Katsu's.

"No worries, no worries~! Fu-chan used to be a dancer, you know!"

She pulls back and heads off to make the drinks and parfait. As she walks off, she coyly waggles her butt just once and winks at Kei and Katsu.
    Katsu sits down again, this time at a visible speed, and grins.

"This place is always so much fun, have you ever been served by Fu-chan before?"

The last being directed at Kei as Katsu yet again changes subject in a heartbeat.

(I'm considering adding Motormouth to Katsu's list of Tropes, think it's a good idea?)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, a few times. I've been occasionally coming here for a while now. The food's great and so is the scenery." He shook his head in the direction of a group of girls. Kei had given up on inviting one over and decided to make the best of the current situation.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-23 at 09:06 AM.