Jason follows Jirou out.

"[So... What should we do until the next class starts?]"
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Sakurako

Sakurako can't help but look a bit sheepish as Yuuka blushed and began to stammer, patting the air again to try and calm the poor girl even before she finished introducing herself.

"It's okay, you've had a long day. I don't think anyone would blame you for a small lapse in manners right now. That is, as long as you can forgive mine too!" Now it was the Tokiwadai student's turn to look embarrassed as she began to follow Yuuka to her home, "My name is Katagawa Sakurako, I just wish we could have met each other under better circumstances then this is all!

The girl's gushing over Tokiwadai makes the redhead look a bit uncomfortable though, prompting her to look away with her cheeks a faint pink color.

"Yeah, tutition is a bit steep, but the other requirements are even more rough. Only Level 3's are even given a shot at applying, which seems a bit harsh to me...but you can't argue with results either! I doubt I'd be a member of Judgment today if it wasn't for Tokiwadai!"

Don't let her recognize my name, don't let her recognize my name...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I guess we just leave them for Anti-Skill, then?" Catarino asks.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jason follows Jirou out.

"[So... What should we do until the next class starts?]"
    "[Right now I'm easy, so why don't you decide. What do you usually do for fun?]"

Whatever the answer Jirou would most likely go along with it. Anything to stop Jason from learning what he usually did in his free time around here...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Sakurako

Sakurako can't help but look a bit sheepish as Yuuka blushed and began to stammer, patting the air again to try and calm the poor girl even before she finished introducing herself.

"It's okay, you've had a long day. I don't think anyone would blame you for a small lapse in manners right now. That is, as long as you can forgive mine too!" Now it was the Tokiwadai student's turn to look embarrassed as she began to follow Yuuka to her home, "My name is Katagawa Sakurako, I just wish we could have met each other under better circumstances then this is all!

The girl's gushing over Tokiwadai makes the redhead look a bit uncomfortable though, prompting her to look away with her cheeks a faint pink color.

"Yeah, tutition is a bit steep, but the other requirements are even more rough. Only Level 3's are even given a shot at applying, which seems a bit harsh to me...but you can't argue with results either! I doubt I'd be a member of Judgment today if it wasn't for Tokiwadai!"

Don't let her recognize my name, don't let her recognize my name...
    Yuuka

"Katagawa Sakurako..." Yuuka places a finger on her temple and looks up, recognizing that name.

"...Oh. Oh!" Her eyes fill with surprise, then awe. "You're THE Katagawa Sakurako! I've heard so much about you!" She squeals and starts gushing, "My friends always tell me about how you're one of the best Judgment officers around, and that one time where you beat up five big bullies all by yourself to help an old lady, and they call you Tokiwadai's Red Flash, and, and..."

Realizing the commotion she's making (and noticing Tsutomu's own Judgment badge), Yuuka calms down and blushes deeply, bowing to cover her embarrassment. "I, I mean, uh...it's an honor to meet you!"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hisagi grins evilly as he notices Yuki Toshi up on the roofs.

He pokes Katsu.

"Alright, see Yuki? Let's scare him. Operation: Plan Alpha Beta Delta is a-go."

He sneaks near Yuki to begin Operation: Plan Alpha Beta Delta.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "[Right now I'm easy, so why don't you decide. What do you usually do for fun?]"

Whatever the answer Jirou would most likely go along with it. Anything to stop Jason from learning what he usually did in his free time around here...
    Jason crosses his arms.

"[Well, neither of the things I usually do for fun I can do at the moment. So, could you give me a brief tour of the school? I didn't really have time yet to look around.]"
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hisagi grins evilly as he notices Yuki Toshi up on the roofs.

He pokes Katsu.

"Alright, see Yuki? Let's scare him. Operation: Plan Alpha Beta Delta is a-go."

He sneaks near Yuki to begin Operation: Plan Alpha Beta Delta.
    Katsu takes his eyes off the brilliant view he had of the school grounds and turn around on the spot to look, completely ignoring the fact that he is standing on the very edge of the roof.

"Sure! That sounds like fun...But how?"

Katsu strokes his chin as he thinks

"Do you think he know the ghost prank? Or maybe a storm prank would be better?"
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-09-22 at 10:51 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jason crosses his arms.

"[Well, neither of the things I usually do for fun I can do at the moment. So, could you give me a brief tour of the school? I didn't really have time yet to look around.]"
    Jirou feigned a casual shrug, to give the impression that he got asked this sort of thing every day. Looking too enthusiastic would have been a dead giveaway that he had no life.

"[If you like; When you don't count all the weirdoes it's a pretty boring place. Anyway, over here we have...]"

And thus began the whirlwind tour of Onizuka. Over the course of it Jirou kept up a steady monologue about anything that they happened to be passing, most of which was just as boring as he'd said. He had a feeling that it wouldn't stay that way, though; With the new kid wandering the halls the aforementioned weirdoes would start swarming soon enough...

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Katsu takes his eyes off the brilliant view he had of the school grounds and turn around on the spot to look, completely ignoring the fact that he is standing on the very edge of the roof.

"Sure! That sounds like fun...But how?"

Katsu strokes his chin as he thinks

"Do you think he know the ghost prank? Or maybe a storm prank would be better?"
    "Surprise me."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

[Mori Hajime]

Lunchtime at Onizuka.

It was rather interesting for Hajime. It gave him some time to think on the classes he was in, as well as something to watch as all the students flood the halls and the teachers go out back to smoke their blues away.

As for him, he sat quietly at a table at the cafeteria. He was mostly secluded, mostly by choice. He found it was best to keep some form of distance away from others, as it often led to harassment, whether it be due to his being behind a grade, his being an esper, or his having white hair so early in life.

So, he sits at a table, watching the crowds, listening to the conversations, smelling the food. He sits calmly.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako

Oh no, she remembers my name!

Sakurako tensed, getting ready to apologize profusely or, possibly, began to explain her somewhat...erratic behavior...but it seems as if Yuuka remembered her name for another reason.

"Huh? Uh...I guess that's true. I don't think I'm one of Judgment's best officers though. If I was then I'd probably be a captain or something." she mumbles, sounding more then a little surprised and blushing herself even before she clears her throat.

"Well...In any case, I'll walk you home, get your contact information, and then Hitsushi and I will get to work on why these punks wanted to pick on you, kay?" She says cheerfully, trying to ease the tension, even as she gives a little wave at Hitsushi. She'd see him at the sector office tomorrow and could fill him in then...

Spoiler
    Show
    Just want to fade to black here until later 13?

------------

Next Day, Tokiwadai

Sakurako was a wreck. A fight the previous night and then making sure Yuuka had got home safely only to be followed up by being chewed out by the dorm mother and then Kazumi for not calling her. She was tired, a little beat up, and had briefly fallen asleep in class. That'd come back to bite her in the tush eventually, that she knew, but (for now) Sakurako was just walking aimlessly through the hallowed halls of her school with bag in hand and under her eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free for Jane to run into her Lilith.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #223

Time was slowly running out for Jane. Classes would be starting soon and she'd be late. What a good first impression she'd make if she'd show up on her first day and was later then anybody else. The halls were really crowded and made it impossible for Jane to even guess where she came from.

Wandering aimlessly, Jane slowly started to panic. How was she going to find her class? She had out ruled the use of her powers, like many times before, she just couldn't do it. So her second best bet was to... ask... And she was able to ask right away because due to her inattention of her surroundings, Jane walked right into a red haired girl that looked about her age.

"Oh!" Jane gasped. "Oh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She pleaded in broken Japanese. "I didn't look around well. I didn't seeing you!" At first, Jane felt like she should make herself scarce. Though with time running, she might as well ask for help. "You can help, yes? Please? I don't want late to be. I need to go to History class."
    Last edited by Lillith; 2010-09-23 at 11:50 PM.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Sakurako

Oh no, she remembers my name!

Sakurako tensed, getting ready to apologize profusely or, possibly, began to explain her somewhat...erratic behavior...but it seems as if Yuuka remembered her name for another reason.

"Huh? Uh...I guess that's true. I don't think I'm one of Judgment's best officers though. If I was then I'd probably be a captain or something." she mumbles, sounding more then a little surprised and blushing herself even before she clears her throat.

"Well...In any case, I'll walk you home, get your contact information, and then Hitsushi and I will get to work on why these punks wanted to pick on you, kay?" She says cheerfully, trying to ease the tension, even as she gives a little wave at Hitsushi. She'd see him at the sector office tomorrow and could fill him in then...

Spoiler
    Show
    Just want to fade to black here until later 13?

------------
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds fine.

Yuuka

Yuuka waves at her rescuers, and bows in gratitude as they leave. She blushes again with embarrassment when she finally realizes that Hitsushi and Catarino had helped out, too, and gives each a peck on the cheek as she leaves.

Elsewhere

He stares at the computer screen, as he often did nowadays. It flashes at him, "Probability of Neuro-circuitry Mergence = 0%", as though it were taunting him. He sighs and clicks "Cancel".

The phone beside him rings. He picks it up.

["Team Two's didn't call back in. I'm gonna assume they got busted or something. Bad run in with Judgement, probably."]

["Drop off the payment at the usual--"]

"We discussed this already," he says, his voice calm as always. "No ESPer, no payment, no matter the reason--"

["Listen egghead, you--"]

"--or else I send a memo to Ghost telling him who's been wearing his gang colors without his permission."

["...**** you."]

"Indeed. Call me again when you've got some actual results." Without waiting for an answer, he hangs up the phone and grabs his jacket, heading home.

"Hey..."

That cigarette between her fingers, those eyes that looked so tired, yet somehow, always, kept just a little glimmer of brightness.

As he walks back home through the quiet streets of Academy City, he gazes up at the dark, starless sky.

"Have you ever had a dream?

A dream that you so wanted to make real...that you forgot about reality itself?"
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-09-23 at 06:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Catarino

Catarino doesn't react much to the kiss, though he does wave goodbye.

"Well, then. Bye," he says to Hitsushi, and walks away into the alley.

Alone.

In the dark.

Blind, in more than one sense of the word.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

Hisagi waits patiently for Katsu to do something, while thinking.

"I wonder... Should I tell them? Should I tell my friends what I've become?

He looks out over the roof, seeing the sun.

"Or shall I remain silent? Keep quiet about this? Perhaps it will be for the best...

A faint grin appears on his lips.

"For those who don't know... Might have an easier time."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Catarino

Catarino doesn't react much to the kiss, though he does wave goodbye.

"Well, then. Bye," he says to Hitsushi, and walks away into the alley.

Alone.

In the dark.

Blind, in more than one sense of the word.
    Alleyway

The streets of Academy City are quiet. No one seems to be on the streets...except for three fellows loitering around an alleyway. When they notice Catarino, they move up to him, sneering.

"Hey there, buddy. Got any spare cash?" The others behind him chuckle.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Catarino stares at them coldly.

"No," he says bluntly.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hisagi waits patiently for Katsu to do something, while thinking.

"I wonder... Should I tell them? Should I tell my friends what I've become?

He looks out over the roof, seeing the sun.

"Or shall I remain silent? Keep quiet about this? Perhaps it will be for the best...

A faint grin appears on his lips.

"For those who don't know... Might have an easier time."
    Katsu looks at Hisagi amusedly just before swiftly disappearing into thin air leaving only a faint dash of wind showing that he had ever been there.

Yuki Toshi on the other hand, should see plenty of signs of something not being right.

One moment the wind would be like a storm and the next it would be quit enough that faint footsteps could be heard, getting closer and closer until

"Buh!"

...is yelled right behind him, but nobody is there but a disembodied and malevolent laughter.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Catarino stares at them coldly.

"No," he says bluntly.
    Alleyway

"Well, that's too bad, ain't it? Nighty night."

*Thwip*

A hidden thug behind Catarino lowers his tranquilizer gun.

"Heh, right on the neck, too!"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Catarino feels the back of his neck.

"Nice. I didn't even notice you!" And then he falls down.

-Thud-
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-09-24 at 11:59 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Over the last few minutes many areas of the school had had the dubious honour of Jirou's presence. He and Jason had passed by most of the classrooms ("[Boredom factories]"), the gym ("[Surprised it's still standing]") and half a dozen other places ("[Boring, boring, green, boring, sometimes explodes, boring...]"). Now it was the busy teachers in their cubicles whose turn to suffer had come. Jirou's annoyingly loud voice was hard to miss as it entered the formerly peaceful place.

"[...And this is the teachers' area. It's where they all go when they're not busy spoiling our day. They like to make it look like they're working, but personally I think it's all an act. Seriously, how hard can it really be to be a teacher? Easiest job in the world, right?]"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-09-24 at 12:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Time was slowly running out for Jane. Classes would be starting soon and she'd be late. What a good first impression she'd make if she'd show up on her first day and was later then anybody else. The halls were really crowded and made it impossible for Jane to even guess where she came from.

Wandering aimlessly, Jane slowly started to panic. How was she going to find her class? She had out ruled the use of her powers, like many times before, she just couldn't do it. So her second best bet was to... ask... And she was able to ask right away because due to her inattention of her surroundings, Jane walked right into a red haired girl that looked about her age.

"Oh!" Jane gasped. "Oh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She pleaded in broken Japanese. "I didn't look around well. I didn't seeing you!" At first, Jane felt like she should make herself scarce. Though with time running, she might as well ask for help. "You can help, yes? Please? I don't want late to be. I need to go to History class."
    Sakurako

It was to the tired redhead's credit that she didn't fall over when the other girl runs into her, looking more then a little startled even as the other apologized profusely in somewhat...odd Japanese.

Is...she a foreigner? Sakurako muses to herself as Jane asks about the History class. Yup. Definitely a foreigner.

"You're...not Japanese are you?" She asks, not unkindly as a smile crosses her face. It was just par for the course that she knew just a little bit about foreign school systems, specifically to help Tokiwadai's foreign students, and now it had finally paid off! "Do you know the number of your home room?"

"Here...look, all of your classes are going to take place in the same room, it's the teachers who are going to move from class to class. So don't worry about memorizing where a bunch of different classrooms are, kay? It takes some getting used to though. Here, I'll walk you there." She offers brightly, straightening up a little bit, "Ah..what year are you?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici

Cici went through her classes like the average day. Only Catarino was nowhere.

Where did Catarino go? she wondered to herself. He never outright misses class.

It was during the second period that she got the thought. What if he's been jumped or something?!

No... no, that could never happen. He knows the streets like the back of his hand. And anyway, he's a level 3 esper. It'd be hard to win against him.

Still... her thoughts trailed off again.

The day went on longer without Catarino showing. During break, Cici sat at the side playing with an electronic device.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

[Hajime]

For some reason, Hajime felt something strange. Something...amiss. He finished his conservative meal, got up, and walked. He noticed something wrong with Cici all day, and that Catarino wasn't there at all. So, he decided to try and help as best as he could. If he fell to Skill-out, he would have to find the ones responsible. So, he walked up to Cici silently, probably not even drawing her attention before his soft voice speaks up.
    "Is Catarino well?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm?" She looks up. When she sees who it is, she relaxes a bit.

"Oh, hey Hajime. Well, a bit. See, Catarino hasn't appeared since yesterday, and I have no idea where he is." she replied.

The Romani-Japanese girl thought for a bit, idly tossing the device in her hand.

"I think I'll send out one of the city security bots," she said after a few seconds.
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-09-24 at 09:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

"Hm?" She looks up. When she sees who it is, she relaxes a bit.

"Oh, hey Hajime. Well, a bit. See, Catarino hasn't appeared since yesterday, and I have no idea where he is." she replied.

The Romani-Japanese girl thought for a bit, idly tossing the device in her hand.

"I think I'll send out one of the city security bots," she said after a few seconds.
    Hajime nods his head in greeting. "Good afternoon to you." The tanned young man then moves to sit down. He sits down a comfortable distance away from Cici, looking at her. "If you feel that would be prudent, you should. Have you checked any of the places he normally frequents?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

A young man with black hair and robes appears to be pushed out of the ground in the city square, soaring ten feet into the air and landing on his feet like it's nothing special.
    The young man looks around, his eyes seeming unsure of where to go.
    Could someone please talk to him?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Hajime nods his head in greeting. "Good afternoon to you." The tanned young man then moves to sit down. He sits down a comfortable distance away from Cici, looking at her. "If you feel that would be prudent, you should. Have you checked any of the places he normally frequents?"
    Cici thinks for a bit. "No, not yet," she replies. "I think I'll try that after school."

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Cici thinks for a bit. "No, not yet," she replies. "I think I'll try that after school."
    Hajime nods. "Well, if you feel you want any assistance, I can help. My commisions are almost complete well before the deadline, and school isn't posing too much of a problem."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show