New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Twi] Twilight VII: The Dog bites Back!

A being stirred. Existing beyond the boundaries of time and space, beyond the know, beyond creation itself, it opened it's eyes to behold a world. Mightier then even the endless, who existed only in the minds of men, or the gods themselves, it was a being who had many names and many faces. But one suited it best of all.
    The Hunter.
    It had existed before time, when it had hunted the abominations entire universes fear above all else for sport. And had made it's own children in the world that was created. It's children, the Valheru had conquered the universe, all falling before their might, and fought the lords of chaos and order in a war that had almost ended things before they had begun. But it had cared nothing for it's children, the hunt was all that mattered. It hadn't even mourned the passing of the last one.
    It hunted. And it sensed a new quarry...

Power. Energy. He was surrounded in it, bathed in it. He was it. It was him.

Power, a coin he traded in readily, and one he always sought. Or had always sought. That had been so long ago. Had it even been him? He wasn't so sure he knew any more...

The blinding force ended abruptly. Its cause stood in a cloud of cooling steam, looking at white clean hands, pale and soft, no callouses or scars, not the slightest blemish, clad now in shattered and melted gauntlets. The clothing he wore was mere shreds now, metal reduced to blotched slag, designer clothes tattered and flaking away in blackened chips.

He smiled.

Power. Power and knowledge.

He turned away from his former target, a fifty-foot thick block of adamantium burned straight through in less than a minute. Yes, he had all the power he needed. But not the knowledge. Not yet.

A women with distinctly plain features, wearing lingerie two sizes too small, steps into the room. "Edward dear? It's been almost an hour. Come back to bed."

He turns to glare at her, as if to attack in fury for being disturbed, then a smile molds itself on his beautiful features. "Of course, my love." He says, a sickeningly sweet voice that is painfully sincere. "Anything for you."

Darkseid
    The Bounty Hunter (Lobo) and yourself had done good business in the past. Nobody could acquire something like him, and while he was a simple-minded, chaotic sociopath who destroyed everything he touched, he was useful and undeniably effective.
    He had been again. You just hadn't let him realize it, and returned the fragments of the boy to make sure he never found out how valuable it was. But it was valuable. For the first time, a hint. Not an answer, but enough information to find an answer. The key to the anti-life equation lay somewhere in a mind of him. Not that insignificant creature, but another like him. And if you had to search the cosmos, strain every ocean and look under every rock, you would find him.

Thanos
    You returned the wretched thing to Lobo, and made a note to hunt down more. They thought they escaped death. Nothing escapes Thanos.

Jack Hawksmoor
    Your drunk. You know this, and the barman knows this, and if you were anyone else you'd be out on your arse in the streets, but since you aren't, you're the king of cities and the head of the Authority, here you are, drinking yourself to oblivion.
    "You need a holiday." Jackson had said when you told him you quit. "So have one. But I won't let you quit, Jack. We need you, the world needs you, and you need us. So have a month off. Get back in touch with the people. Drink yourself stupid. But when a months up we're dragging you back, sober you up and sort you out. No, you don't get a choice. I'm in charge, I have to make big decisions. Live with it."
    Yeah, right. When did he become boss anyway? The answer, of course, when you invited him in, and spent your time too drunk to perform, or lying awake very quiet. Somebody had to, and who else?
    At long last you pass out, collapsing off your bar stool to smash against the floor. They go through your pockets and dump you out on the curb, and you let them. Lying there, in you'r own vomit, every inch sore feeling as though you're about to cry, something happens. You get a visitation. To use the most hackneyed explanation possible, an angel appeared.
    At first, it is painful, as your body forcibly expels the accumulated alcohol of three weeks and nothing but drinking. When that's done, you can see straiht and you look up.
    Then you blink. Angie is there.
    She's exactly the way you remember her. The cliche is a beautiful scientist who doesn't care about her looks, or is totally unaware of them. Angie's nothing like that, the opposite if anything. She's actually extremely vain, she knows she's gorgeous and wants everyone else to know as well, and goes to a lot of work to make sure that happens.
    You don't mind. You always liked the view.
    "It's not over." She tells you, with a quirk of her full lips. "Get up soldier."

Light Yagami
    Misa is nowhere to be found. You suppose that means she's planning to spring something on you. Fortunately, you have an excuse. The zombies infesting Japan are mostly dealt with, and Near has befallen an unfortunate accident it would have been impossible for you to cause.

Yoda
    The gas creeps into the room. Something out there, a living fold in the force, a being composed of the Darkside, means to kill you all and feed off the energy. You can't let that happen. You have to escape.
    And the only way out is through the cage, and into the tunnel that the heartless emerge from...

Godzilla
    The waters of the Bering Sea boiled into life as a huge form, like a black mountain rising from the ocean floor, broke the surface. Black scales glistened in the setting sun as red eyes glared at the horizon. Reptilian lips curled in a snarl and a high-pitched shriek rolled across the blue waves. The surface of the sea was again broken as the titanic shape returned to the depths.
    Somehow you know, you must go to the body of land humans call America, and kill everything there.

Akuma
    You awake in a strange place. There is no furniture, no doors or windows, and the walls have been painted black. At every wall is a single mirror, stretching you away into infinity, as each mirror reflects your reflection back. Your standing on one as well, and one is above your head, looking down.
    Every way you look, you see your reflection staring back at you. And slowly the room starts to go dark.

Batman
    You get a summons from Oa. An urgent summons. You know of only one thing that could make them call you like that.

Alexander Anderson
    The sun is shining, the air is warm, and the children are playing what appears to be soccer. And you are having a perfect moment. All is as it should be.

Solomon Kane
    You make your way up the road, and see the orphanage up ahead. It's where you have to be.

Fayt
    You step out of your house. You're supposed to go do ordinary, usual things. Right now you're meant to be going to see a movie with some friends. 'Inception', or somesuch. You can't make yourself care.
    There is a crunch on the gravel behind you as a heavy army boot comes down. A figure stares at you, eyes narrowing in deadly intent. Slowly, he eases a gun out of his holster, and points it at the back of you're head.
    "Remember me, you little bastard? Or did we never meet? Like I keep track of these things, I have better things to do. Like eat crumpets and mash, or drink cups of tea."

Harry Dresden
    You're at your office. No jobs as of yet. A quiet week.

Crayak
    Something stirs. Another being, a minor godling perhaps, arises on a tiny blue and green world. And worse, you feel something moving in. You are not a god, not a divine being, although the difference is a technicality. But you recognize this without ever having felt it before. You suspect it is the creator. Nothing else could have such power. But whatever it is, you know you could do nothing against it.

Nightside
    John Taylor
    You get a call. It's Walker. Walker is dead. It makes you pay attention, to say the least. He says very little, and plows over every attempt to interrupt.
    "John, get over here. I have ten minutes, you have four if you're lucky. Strangefellows. Now. Run." He hangs up.

Ash
    You get the exact same call John does, at exactly the same time.

Elric of Melnibone
    Nightside is bigger then anyone knows. The most accomplished explorers to ever attempt to discover it all managed perhaps a fifth. It was created by Lilath, but like many things took on a life of it's own. Now it exists as a hallway between worlds.
    A building the size of a small continent looms. Honest Johns, the biggest bar in the universe, and perhaps the safest place therein, where even the gods behave themselves. And the wealth of universes changes hands.
    A figure steps within.
    The room he comes to is almost empty. A female elf with black skin and white hair, and a male elf with white skin and black hair, both of who have equally black, hungry eyes, are talking in hushed voices. Occasionally they will look away, then resume there plotting.
    A small woman in a blue dress is also sitting at the table, toying with a carved statuette as she considers what she should be doing.
    And an albino sits at a table, drinking. He has a black longsword scabbarded at either hip, and a great-sword fit for a god lies behind him, seemingly composed of nothing but writhing shadows. his dragon chirps at his arm, occasionally letting out a puff of smoke.
    Zexion sits on the other side of the table, silent.
    Godhood has changed him. His blue hair is now electric, whitish blue, he has the beginnings of a beard, his shoulders have broadened and he's wearing biker gear. He still wasn't bulky, but something about him said he didn't need to be.
    He was dressed in a red muscle shirt, jeans and a leather duster, with a hunting knife strapped to his thigh. He wore red wrap-around shades, and had a scar on his right cheek that was still livid.

Lina Inverse
    As is only right and proper, it all begins in a bar. Honest Johns is possibly the only bar in any world that can cater to you. It's dealt with Black Mage Evilwizardington, Vecna, Nagash and Baron Melidus. Tahkhisis has been dealt with. Elmister has been forced to pay his tab.
    You overhear Elric, who is clearly the central protagonist, or at least the intended one, talking to the man who is clearly a badguy, given his look and general attitude. Despite being good looking, there is something vaguely repellent about him. You suspect he's going to lie to Elric to force him to work for him. And they haven't noticed you overhearing.
    Elric is carrying three artifacts that were literally priceless, and make you tremble just looking at them, with a combination of fear and greed. He's also holding the last dragon of Alagesia and another artifact considerably weaker then the other three, though still ridiculously powerful.

Characters required to give their own introduction:
    Flandre Scarlet
    KOS-MOS
    Vin, Mistborn
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-08-22 at 06:14 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight VII: The Dog bites Back!

Crayak
    Crayak stirs, echoing out throughout the planetoid he uses as a base. He can feel all the power at his disposal...but an new player was emerging, and one of greater power than either of them...yet it came from nowhere. Not one of their pieces. Not those he had left so long ago...something else. Beyond even them.

Drode! The Echo Travels throughout the base.

Drode arrives before him, a wrinkly, purple dinosaur with the face of a human, though purple skinned. Yes, oh Great Crayak?

You feel the new player. Seek out it's location. We must know it's true nature. It's intent.

Of course, Compassionate Crayak. A slithery voice, echoing out like a serpent. Drode moves himself away, to the source, or as close as he can get without making himself a target.

Ash
    It had been a long time since Ash had been called by...well...anyone in the Nightside. It was just luck he was anywhere near on his way to visit Taylor; it had been how long since the other people involved with killing those Cullens had met in the bar? A year, maybe two? It didn't matter though, he'd been intending to stop by, so he starts running as quickly as possible to the location. He was just hoping someone stopped him on the way, he had qutie a bit of aggression to work out.

Light
    Peace. Quiet. It was something he'd rarely had since joining the 'Authority' with Misa. After all, they were living together. And she never shut up. He enjoyed the ability to hear his own thoughts...for a few minutes before he sighed and pulled out his cell phone and tried to call her.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-08-22 at 06:17 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Light
    ((The Authority is a separate team.))
    You held the earpiece as far from your ear as you could. Wise of you. "Light! Shen is taking me shopping, and we were just going to head back! What are you up to?"

Drode
    The blue planet is empty, save twenty life forms. One of them is a giant being, a primal force of nature more then a living thing. The others are confusing. They seem to be dead.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-08-22 at 06:18 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #4

Light
    Of course. Misa was never up to something. Well, nothing intelligent, anyway. The last month had been a long question of why he kept her around, since he himself could now see names, and then some, "Nothing. Yet. What are you shopping for?" Must...pretend...interest.

Drode
    Drode looks down at them; what had that thing the Ellemist had known? Some type of sponge creature? It was of no importance, but the situation was similar, at least Drode thought so. He bends down, inspecting the dead creatures, sorting through anything they have on them that might be useful. A weapon? Maybe some information? Something that would keep Crayak appeased.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-08-22 at 06:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    She wakes in her room, the walls as bland as ever. Some new toys and a cup of "tea" were near the door. Sakuya had come earlier. Life after 495 years in this room were getting boring. She had her fun with Marisa every now and again, but it wasn't enough. She needed to see the outside world, take in what made the others special. See how much fun she could have with the humans. See if other beings out there wanted to play the way she did. She had to get to Yukari so she could escape.
    She flies out of the room, destroying the wall and exiting into the night. Yukari slept the days like her, so she should be awake right now. Yukari had a knack for knowing when she was wanted, and only appeared accordingly. However, Flan was still surprised when the space next to her opened up and she stepped out.
    "I know you want me. What could you want?" Yukari asked, Flan stopping mid-flight.
    "Hiya Ms. Yukari! I'd like to go outside into the human world to see how things have changed!" Flan answered, smiling and bobbing in the air.
    "There is a disturbance outside of the barrier, and the power continues to grow beyond most peoples comprehension... Ok, I'll send you outside to a land called America. There you will be placed in a town called "Gotham." Have fun!" Yukari says, sending Flan on her wild adventure in the human realms.

Anderson
    He's enjoying himself. The kids could get restless every now and then, but they really tried to please the Lord and follow in his ways. Every day since his talk with Sanya, he's been working at his Hatred, and learned to Love and Respect things, even horrible abominations against the Lord. He went to the church and began his routine prayers. God was always listening, it was the other end of the chain that was the problem.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

John Taylor

I sat there shocked for a moment after Walker hung up on me. The bad sort of shocked. Walker was dead. I saw him die. I, in fact, had killed him, less than a month ago. And afterwords, because nobody else could, I took his place as the Voice of the Authorities.

I was now nigh-untouchable amongst the denizens of the Nightside. My reputation, already carefully managed to be intimidating, had reached new heights. I was now welcome in every house, in every home, in every club and backalley. I was the man people came to when they had problems. I was the man who had to keep the Nightside together. Because nobody else could.

And I tried to keep the job from changing me. Tried to continue standing up for the little guy. I kept contact with Razor Eddie, talked with Suzie every night before bed. I hoped I wasn't become Walker. I'd kill myself before that happened. It helped that the new Authorities were much more kindly than the old ones. They were old friends, and good people as well. Julien Advent, the Victorian Gentleman. Larry Oblivion, the Dead Detective. Among others.

I put on my white trenchcoat, newly cleaned at the Hawke Bar and Grille, and buttoned my black silk shirt. And then, with some reluctance, I clipped Walker's pocketwatch around my waist. And pressing the button to open the caged Timeslip inside, I vanished in a burst of blue energy, and hurtled down the corridors of space and time.

BatmanGreen Lantern
    ((He's in an alternate dimension. So that he can interact with Jordan and the like. There is no Joker in Earth-32, for example.))

Crime never slept. And neither did he. Sustained by his ring and willpower, and driven by his own personal tragedy, Bruce Wayne was the greatest of all living Green Lanterns.

Mongul trailed after the Lantern, bound in bands of emerald energy. A wormhole opened, and with a thought, the would-be overlord is tossed into the Guardian-designed prison made especially for him.

Then nodding as the portal closes, Bruce Wayne activates his ring once more, and sets his course towards Oa.

Jack Hawksmoor

He's finding it hard to believe. Kansas City barely even rated as a city to his organs. It was the equivalent of bread and gruel every day; a slow, painful death. Drawn out over a month. Maybe he was hallucinating. He didn't really mind.

He wipes the last remnants of his drink from his beard. He's found it difficult to care about his appearance. His clothes are in tatters, his hair hasn't been combed or cut in three weeks, and he hasn't showered in that space of time either.

He squints at his dead love, and blinks.

"Angie? That really you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Honest Johns
    Lina leans back a little to better hear what the albino is saying. Behind her back, Gourry takes this opportunity to reach over and stab a fork into her beef.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Drode
    Of them, eight are individually powerful, nearing the status you come to associate with planetary conqueror. Exactly what they are remains to be seen. One has surpassed that point, and is on the cusp of transcending it to become a sufficiently advanced alien. He is what Master Crayak sensed. To know more, you would have to approach.

Light
    "Oh! We were in this great new designer clothes shop she found.You know they have these little..." Sh rambles on. You put the phone face down so you can't hear her and close your eyes. After a minute, you pick it up. "... And these shoes that..."
    "Ahem." Midnighter. Behind you.

Hawksmoor
    "No! I'm dead! You know I'm dead! God, you can be so frustrating. You don't think, you need me to think for you! I tell you to get up, and instead you start blinking at me and muttering." She shakes her head, but she's smiling a little. "Now get up when I tell you to, and listen."

Batman
    The guardians of the universe are assembled, all bobbing in the air, as one by one they focus their eyes on you. They don't blink, or address you yet. You always find this a little unsettling. "It has come to pass." One of them says. Even after all this time you can't tell the apart.
    "Nothing can prevent it." Another concurs.
    "So we must isolate the anomaly, and do what we can to minimize the inevitable."
    "Agreed."
    One of them bobs forward. "This universe will merge with another. Worlds will change place, suns will die, galaxies will rotate, and some things best only imagination will come to be. Which is why you must do what you can to capture the being known as Edward Cullen while we delay it. If you do not do so, you cannot process eleven of the verb tenses that will describe what happens, but it will be far worse then the recent cataclysm on World-2."

Flandre
    Something goes wrong. Your sent to Khansas city instead, where, aside from the obvious changes that you don't really understand, a sick looking man is having a conversation with himself.

Honest Johns
    "They call you the Godslayer, you know." Says Zexion, taking of his sunglasses. "Look a bit sickly to me, but they know what they're talking about. So how long do you intend to sit here? You're the eternal, cosmic champion for a reason, and lets say it isn't to sit around doing nothing. And sooner or later those swords will start to get hungry."

Strangefellows
    It's Walker alright. And he's dead as well. Before you can ask, he nods. "Yes, I'm not getting better. And I had to call in favors you'd shudder at to come back for this long. So the two of you listen." He says, then belays the urgency of his words by taking a sip of tea.
    "I take it you remember Edward Cullen? Well I never told you, but I met him myself. And I learned something since. We didn't kill him. We killed a part of him, but he's spread out. And another part has joined up with the parts we killed. He's far stronger then he ever was."
    Walker stares at the two of you. "In a few weeks, he'll start killing Nightside. Nothing will be able to get in, the street will close up, and you'll all die. And I'll have wasted my life. Unless you deal with him."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-08-22 at 06:54 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #9

Drode
    Drode, being Drode, approaches the advanced being. He calls out to it as he approaches, "I am Drode, servant of Caring Cryak. I wish to discuss your nature.

Light
    Ah. The one person he wanted to talk to less than Misa in all the world. No, the fact that his wrist is still, and will remain, broken has nothing to do with that. He puts the phone down, Misa would likely never notice, "Yes, Midnighter?" He stares at the man; he had a calender he kept in which he marked down the days until Midnighter finally died. It would be one of those days he planned to celebrate for the rest of his unaging life, along with L's death.

Ash
    Ash had never known Walker. Ash hadn't even known he'd died, so this comes as a mild shock, but not one he particularly cares about. He lands down in a seat across from him, and looks at Taylor, "Heh, amazing coincidence, Taylor. I finally come by for a visit, and we've got a job together again. Good. I was getting bored working in retail."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fayt

He freezes, who wouldn't with a gun touching the back of thier head. "Sorry, but I don't recognize your voice."

KOS-MOS

her memory banks seem to have images of floating after a Gnosis ,which doubled as a ship, that she and her companions were escaping from imploded with a Zohar emulator inside it. She remembered using her forcefield generators to shield the Elsa from the blast as she was engulfed in it. She lands in an open field, digging a trench behind her as her body scrapes the ground. She gets up unharmed and scans the area for hundreds of miles. "All scans indicate technology levels reminisent of 20th century earth. No known planets with this level of technology. Most logical conclusion, a space-time was caused when the implosion the giant Gnosis known as Abel's Ark was coupled with the power of the Zohar emulator. Most sensible action is to gather information." she says to herself as she heads of in the direction of civilization.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2010-08-22 at 07:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Light
    You can't compete with Mignighter in a glare off. He flexes his hands, and you reflexively take a step back. He smiles at your discomfort. "It's your turn to go check on Hawksmoor. Make sure he's not in trouble, or the trouble. And leave you're notebook here."

Drode
    The female he's with looks up. She frowns. "I don't like it Edward, he's not pretty. Make it go away." Suddenly you're back on Master Crayaks ship, simply deposited exactly where you started off without the slightest trouble, unable to put up any resistance.

Fayt
    "Damnit, we didn't meet. Alright, I'm Deadpool. Who are you?"

KOS-MOS
    You're in Italian countryside. Walking up the path is a man in clothing suitable for the Elizabethan era. Ahead is a big building suitable for housing a large number of people. It seems your best bet. On that principle you fall into line alongside Solomon Kane.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-08-22 at 07:13 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    Even in Kansas, someone like Flandre would stand out. She was wearing a mob cap, weird for the current age, and her ponytail was on her left side instead of in back. She was wearing all pink and red. But what would get most people was the staff in her hand, the parasol over her body to prevent a majority of the sun from touching her, and the "wings" that were made of metal and had seemingly hovering crystals of the rainbow on each individual wing. She approaches the man, her interest spiked.
    "Hey there, Mr.! What's wrong?" she asks. She'd heard of alcohol from Sakuya; it was something she was "too young" to drink, so when Suika came over Flan wasn't allowed to drink the sake she offered.

Twilight, the Lynching

13. - Top - End - #13

Crayak
    WHY HAVE YOU RETURNED, DRODE?

It sent me away, Oh Wise Crayak, because it did not find me pretty. Drode twists his arms, Pretty means appealing, oh Magnanimous Crayak. Drode most frequently stretched his brain crevices to think of words for Crayak he hadn't already used.

IS IT A THREAT?

It is powerful, oh Magnificent Crayak, but easily distracted. Perhaps we could have the Meddling Ellemist deal with it?

CONTACT HIM.

As you wish, oh Brilliant Crayak.

Drode whisks himself away to the Ellemist, their eternal opponent in this game, a Meddler who might be able to deal with this problem.

Light
    Next time there was a fight involving Midnighter, Light was getting some of his blood. He wouldn't survive more than another month, that was it. "Fine. Where is he?"

'We're still safe without it, correct master?
    Light had never relinquished his coin. He never planned on it, Sammuel was far too useful after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fayt

"Fayt Leingod, now can you put the gun down so that I don't have to constantly wonder when your gonna pull that trigger."

KOS-MOS

She enters the building and looks around seeing orphaned children everywhere. For a few seconds her eye color changes from red to blue as Mary's personality comes out and smiles softly at the children, feeling sorry for them and wishing she could ease thier pain. She lets KOS-MOS' OS take back over as she needs to be practical and the children would distract her. She then trys to find the caretaker and ask her where she is and what year it was.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2010-08-22 at 07:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Jack Hawksmoor

"I'm hallucinating," he mutters. "Hallucinating and sober."

He gets up anyway; the bar was closing soon anyway. Not that he cared, and he'd be drinking after hours(he'd leave the money. He wasn't a thief) anyway, but still.

"I'm listening."

John Taylor

"Ash."

My greeting wasn't nearly as friendly as it could have been. Having someone you killed give you a job offer wasn't conducive to fun conversation. Walker had fallen into the ruins of the Griffen House, down the pit that descended into the center of Hell itself. It was a one-way portal, of course, but still. That sort of thing stays with you.

At least Alex was taking Walker's appearance with his usual charm. That is to say, "Order a drink or get out. I have a cricket bat, Walker. And I really want to beat you with it. Dead people ruin the ambiance."

Well. Not that Strangefellows had any ambiance. Calling the place a dive would elevate it five notches. I ordered my usual. And outwardly, at least, was calm.

"This is Walker. He used to run the Nightside. Now he's dead. Apparently he didn't get the hint. How do you know this, Walker?"

The Goddamn Green Lantern

He nods. In his earlier career as a Green Lantern, he had gone rogue, defied the Guardian's edicts. He didn't trust Earth would survive without him. But since Clark Kent, Wally West, and Dianna Troy had been deputized, he was the Guardian's solder again.

"Which sector is this Edward Cullen at the moment?"
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #16

Ash
    Ash seems to think for a second, "Oh right, the SOB who makes corpses dance." He shrugs and looks up at Alex, "Hey, get me something strong!" He could feel the demon stirring, and it had a lower tolerance than he did for booze.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Fayt
    "No I can't, but it's empty anyway." Deadpool replies. "If it wasn't I would have shot you by now. I'm Deadpool, the pinnacle of the human race, natural selection give form. Also, I'm rather handy with my fists. You are clearly a main character, and if anything interesting is going to happen to me, it's going to happen by sticking around you. Besides, I heard Death might be making a cameo in this game, and I can't wait to check out what she's wearing. Maybe catch a movie, who knows, might even get lucky."

Jack Hawksmoor
    "Sure. That works." She replies. "Anyway, I'm here to tell you Edwards still alive. He found a way to survive. I'd tell you it's your only way to find peace, but we know each other too well for that. Kill him because I want you to. Because that bastard laughed when he cut me up, made me feel so powerless. Made me feel defenseless. And I hate him for it. I hate him so much. So kill him."

Flandre
    He doesn't seem to be noticing you. You don't like that.

John Taylor
    "One thing to call me I suppose. As to how I found out, that's my problem. I do my best to keep an ear to the ground. Now hurry, or you'll be miss your only chance. Earth 50." He replaces his hat, and gets to his feet. "My times up already." He vanishes.

Green Lantern
    "It has been designated Earth-50. A plannet in the western quadrant of our galaxy, resembling earth to most specifics. We ask you to hurry, the strain will cause us to give out before too long."

Drode
    The strings of the space time are hanging motionless, nobody is pulling them. Ellimist doesn't want to be found. And as he only has a body if he chooses to, you can't do anything about it. Then a four eyed, winged being appears. YES?

Light
    Who can say. Your destiny is no longer up to fate. Sammael replies. Midnighter turns and walks away. You should go before he finds an excuse to come back.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-08-22 at 07:49 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fayt

" I heard about having a date with destiny, but with death? Oh well with all the stuff I've been through thats probably the least weird thing I've heard, and what do you mean I'm obviously a main character?"

19. - Top - End - #19

Drode
    Drode wants to both scream and laugh at the same time. Instead, for the moment, he did neither. He returned to his master, The Cowardly Ellemist continues to hide.

WHAT!?

Yes, oh Brave Crayak, he will not make himself known. Perhaps we should use his toys in this, then? His 'animorphs' are far more suited to this task than our own Howlers, considering how he stacked the deck in his favor.

MAKE IT SO.

Of course, Serene Crayak.

Drode whisks himself to the barn where the Animorphs usually met. Maybe he would talk with Rachel again, or threaten Jake? Why not both?

Ash
    Ash looks at Taylor, "That mean anything to you?" He leaned back as he waited for his drink. He needed something to ensure he didn't start a fight. Yet. Didn't start a fight, yet. In retrospect, he shouldn't have let the d*** piece of s*** into his body.

Light
    Light sighs and calls out for the ship to open him a Door to Jack's location.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-08-22 at 07:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    Whoever this man was, he seemed to be ignoring her. He didn't want to play, and she didn't get to hear his story. Now he was talking to himself about some person who's name she didn't quite catch.
    "Is that what this "Alcohol" does to you? No wonder Sakuya doesn't want me drinking it. Hi, Mr.!" she says, standing on a stool to stand face to face with Hawksmoore. "My name's Flandre, who are you?"

Anderson
    "Father, I've been a humble servant of yours for many a generation, and you have blessed me with the children and their smiles. Help to guide me on your path and show me the way to what your purpose for me is. Help me to strike down the heathens and heretics who would defile your great Earth so that it may be purified in your name. Amen." he prays, getting up from his pugh and turning to walk out the door.

Twilight, the Lynching

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Fayt
    "Well, she's taken. And she's hot. I mean, seriously, imagine if Princess Diana was firmer and curvier, then put a younger Bea Arthurs face on it, and legs up to her armpits. And you are so a hero. Look at you. Your chin is up, your shoulders squared, you have more developed muscles then a kid your age should be able to get without risking crippling later in life, and you probably have a creed as well."

Anderson
    As you get up, you see the robotic form of KOS-MOS amongst the children.

Drode
    The Animorphs are meeting soon, thanks to you changing causality. Jake is there already, helping Cassie clean her cages. Accidentally his hand keeps on brushing hers, and they seem to be trying to find words to say. They are at their most vulnerable they allow themselves to be now.

Light
    You arrive at Khansas city to see him, looking worse for wear, talking to Flandre.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-08-22 at 08:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

Harry Dresden

I look around my office and sigh. My warden's paycheck will makesure I don't starve but the last time the council adjusted their wages for the cost of living it was the early 19th Century.

The rent was due soon and I needed some work. I sighed and reached for the phone. "Hey Murph? Any chance SI has some kind of work for me?"

Darksied

"That fool bounty hunter shall not escape from me." Darksied proclaims unto the assembled massive army of parademons.

"Go forth into the cosmos and find him." With but the tinest gesture the swarm of fourth world shock troops flies out into the vast universe and scatters to locate the bounty hunter and his one armed undead child.

Asuka

The heartless attacked so fast, there was nothing that could be done to defend against them. Both Asuka and Shinji had battled hard against them but in the end they were overwhelmed and awoke in these cages.

The robotic hand that comes by every few minutes reaches out and grabs Shinji. He protests but it is in vain, he is gone. Asuka takes the moment to escape, slamming her body into the door of the cage hoping to break the lock open.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anderson
    He walks over to KOS-MOS (to be shortened to KM) as she's with the children.
    "Hello, ma'am. I've not seen your face around here. May I ask who you are and what you are looking for in the house of our Lord?" he asks her, outwardly appearance completely different to how he's acting. Clearly at least 7 feet tall, he's a giant among men with gruff features that, if not for the accompanying robes and cross, would make "Priest" the last thing you thought of upon first glance.

Twilight, the Lynching

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Jack Hawksmoor

Angie abruptly vanishes as Flandere enters his field of vision.

"Damn it!" he wheezes. "I was talking to my dead love! Who was telling me that my revenge wasn't fulfilled! Get out. GET OUT!"

Hawksmoor isn't in a good mood generally. This was one of his worse days. Yelling at what appears to be a small child.

John Taylor

Alex gets Ash's attention by throwing a glass at his head. It shatters five inches away from the former retailer.

"Damn! Missed!"

Good old Alex. Dating my secretary hasn't made him any more cheerful after all.

"I think your drink's ready, Ash." I rise from our table, and make my way to the darkest part of the bar. Where the flies buzz around a single figure, and drop dead when they get too close. Filthy grimy hands grasp a bottle of designer water, and the man dressed in gray rags stares levelly at me. Razor Eddie. The Punk God of the Straight Razor. A seriously disturbed agent of Good. He hears things, when he needs to.

"Eddie. Do you know anything about an Edward Cullen?"

Bruce Wayne

Saluting the Guardians, and pausing to recharge his ring beforehand, Wayne heads towards Earth 50. His mission awaits him.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

KOS-MOS

She looks at Anderson, "I merely seek information. I need to know what city this is and what year it is."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flandre
    "Now that's not very nice. You can't blame me for not knowing what was going on!" she says, puffing up her cheeks in a child-like manner. She then jumps down and sees Light. She got a vibe from this person. He seemed more like the residents of Gensokyo than a human, and he was Japanese to boot. She walks up to him. "Hi there! Maybe you'll be a bit nicer than the mean man over there. My name's Flandre! What's yours?"

Anderson
    He looks at her weirdly. "You're in the Vatican of Rome, the year is 2010. You seem to be a bit... different. Are you a time traveler?" he asks her. If the events with the Sword of Truth and Aro didn't happen, then he'd have never considered time travel to be feasible. However, they changed his scope of reality. He's more open now.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-08-22 at 08:26 PM.

Twilight, the Lynching

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Yoda
    The cage shudders violently, then is torn to shreds as some telepathic force rips it apart. Your rescuer beckons. Standing at about 66 cm tall, he has a small, wise face, and sems frail and tired. Yet he just tore apart a steel cage with his mind and no sign of strain.
    More then that, there is something about him, a strange, warm majesty that he seemed to have about him. Even as everything was going to hell, he seemed be at peace with everything.
    He spoke with a kindly tone, but hcould not conceal his anxiety. Somehow, he seemed to know everything that was going on. "Go quickly, we must, young one. Little time we have. Quickly come before too late it is!"
    With that he hobbled towards the other side of the room, as gas began to filter in, and all the people in the other cages choked and spluttered before collapsing.

Thanos
    Taking a seat in his command chair, he removes a device from his belt. The thing would return to others of it's kind. And he placed a tracking device in the base of it's skull, between it's vertebrae.
    Hitting a button on his armrest, he told the computer, "Set course for Target 01. Maximum speed."
    The computer's response echoed in the formerly in the silence of space, "Yes master. Course has been set, engines engaged."
    Thanos nodded faintly. It had begun.
    The throne begins it's warp towards earth.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2010-08-22 at 08:29 PM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane is an immortal roamer, the wandering Puritan, a man who has strode through all the dark places in the world, and a few places outside of it.

A man such as this, who can endure through centuries of light and shadow, develops a sense of the ways and wind of fate: he knows when something is inevitable, and when the course of the future can be changed.

And he knows where he is most needed.

He politely stands on the edge of the Orphanage grounds, waiting until Anderson recognizes him. When Anderson notices him, he will simply say, in the Massachusetts accent of old:

"We need to talk."

Vin

There is silence, and peace, and wisdom, and comfort. She waits and listens to her friend speak in his gentle, wise, voice:

Let me tell you about a relatively new offshoot of the Judaean faith that has sprung up over the past few centuries. The Christians are named after one of their major prophets, a man known as the Christ. He did many of the things a good prophet should do: he healed the sick, preached a message of love and peace and worship of "God", and criticized the authorities of the day. But his most important religious view, out of all the others, was the concept of Spiritual Rebirth. You see, the Christ did not believe salvation was a matter of weighing the scales between good deeds and bad deeds: it was rather the degree to which people accepted the Love of God in their hearts and rejected the sins they had committed in the past that determined whether they would achieve salvation. Thus, from the example of Christ and a few other people, the custom for many Christians was and is to have ceremonies called Baptisms where people would immerse themselves in water, a symbolic act that would wash away their sins.

That...seems a little like a cop-out. Can't sinners just sin up until the rest of their life, then repent at the last minute with the...Baptism thing, without any consequences?

Oh, some people did try that. But remember, the Baptism was merely a metaphor for the internal repentance that these people would have to undergo: you can lie to people, but not to God, as they say. For that matter, if a man who sinned in the past chooses, with all his heart and soul, to become something better than what he is, shouldn't he be rewarded for that, even if he dies before doing any good deeds?

But I digress. The Christians flourished, and are now one of the most prolific religious groups in the world. They have numerous sub-sects, a collection of good and bad people, glorious and embarrassing moments. But they have endured, and they have drawn strength from the idea that God cares for them all, and will not abandon them.

The voice becomes uncomfortable for a moment, yet resolute at the same time. It falls to me and you to make sure their faith is rewarded. Now hold on a moment, and don't panic: my skill at resurrection has gotten better since last time...

What, what do you mean, last...

Then there is a flash, and a spirit descends from the heavens to take material form once more.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-08-22 at 08:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fayt

He hold his hands up in a surrender gesture, "Hey don't worry I won't be making any moves on Death of all people. Anyways I don't know about your synopsis. I've been looking for excitement for a while, but nothing happens here. I just wish something would happen" Now Fayt was very familiar with Murphy's law and has been attempting to tempt the law into droppign excitement into his lap. So far it had not worked, but mabye now that this deadpool fellow was here it would work this time.

KM

She looks at him surprised he came to that conclusion. "I believe so, Though how far back I am surprises even me. I shall be going then." She then turns and leaves the orphanage

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anderson
    "Really? It must be hard on you. It's in times like this that the church opens its arms to those in need, like you. Please, stay and get acquainted with this time. We offer aid to all those who come to our doors," he says to KM. He turns to Solomon.
    "Sure, let us go away from the children," he says, walking off towards the outside reaches of the Church community. He motions for Solomon to follow him.

Twilight, the Lynching