New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 4 (4 Times The Mayhem!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    You may be the only person who does, in that regard.
    I can just see Serrin running laps around her room while shouting excitedly while Rolf is passed out.

Well, high school is not exactly the most accurate measurement of society and culture as a whole. College is much better in that regard, as high school is where most of the idiots lurk.
    I find out next year!

Hm. Well, its still good to know you and your family weren't directly effected or anything. I didn't know New York got tornadoes, especially in the city!
    Neither did I!

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hm. Okay, I see your point, and I am reminded of "Death by Snu-Snu" from Futurama.

College. Is. Awesome. Seriously, you will love it. Even if the one you go to is different from mine, it'll still rock your socks off. No bullies, no cliques, all the high school cliches are gone. You can be yourself, and not worry about being judged. I go to a pretty conservative school, and I still see people with anime t-shirts, spikey neon hair, and random things that would have made people in high school hate you... but are "normal" in college.

They're pretty common in Mississippi. One almost hit my college last year, in fact. It touched down a few blocks away, IIRC.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh Gicko. Were I two to three years younger I'd probably agree with you. As it is, well, a Junior in college tracking down a senior in high school (third year university and last year pre-university for you non-Americans) from halfway across the country is just a little...creepy. So I won't entertain the idea.

Plus, from what I can tell she's a cat person. I'm a dog person. Would never work.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2010-09-19 at 03:17 PM.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

4. - Top - End - #604

Hm. Okay, I see your point, and I am reminded of "Death by Snu-Snu" from Futurama.
    Pretty much.

College. Is. Awesome. Seriously, you will love it. Even if the one you go to is different from mine, it'll still rock your socks off. No bullies, no cliques, all the high school cliches are gone. You can be yourself, and not worry about being judged. I go to a pretty conservative school, and I still see people with anime t-shirts, spikey neon hair, and random things that would have made people in high school hate you... but are "normal" in college.
    You have just made me even more excited about college, if that's possible. Will I have time to work on my comic?

MoleMage, I'm more of a dog person, but that would still be extremely creepy.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-09-19 at 03:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    You have just made me even more excited about college, if that's possible. Will I have time to work on my comic?
    Well, I still have time to participate in numerous play-by-posts, play my video games, play in one real-life DnD campaign, create homebrew when I want, and sometimes work on my language for the race of gnolls in my homebrew system which I also have time to work on sometimes. Oh, and read like ten webcomics including yours, read fantasy novels (usually before bed), and play frisbee when we can get enough people for it. I don't do as many clubs as I could though.

MoleMage, I'm more of a dog person, but that would still be extremely creepy.
    Well this changes everything. I need to travel halfway across the country to my original hometown up in ND, relieve my parents of the puppies (actually a twoish year old dog and two old dogs), then travel halfway across the country AGAIN and use them to attract your notice. Hah.

Like I said before, try to find guys in your interests; clubs do exist for all manner of things at most colleges. Learn from the mistakes of geeks before you (me) and actually take part in those clubs.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Coffee, I have more time than I know what to do with at college, and I'm a Junior who's taken the max amount of hours allowed for every semester up until this point. I took so many classes my first two years that I'm almost out of classes to take. I could graduate half a year early, if I wanted. And even though I worked my butt off for those first two years, I still had more than enough time to spend hours a day doing nothing - playing video games, surfing the web, writing fan/crack fics, running RPGs, hanging with friends... And I still have a 3.0 average... without even applying myself to most of my classes. This semester, I'm only taking 15 hours - 5 courses. I spent about four hours in class on Monday through Thursday. I go to class for an hour on Fridays. An hour. And that's with 15 hours, an average schedule. I could take 15 hours for the next two semesters, and graduate. I could take 12 for the next three, the minimum, and still graduate on time. I'm a History Major, though, and I have less courses than a science-y major would need, admitably. But I know several medical, biology, and dental majors. They still spend more time having fun than working most days.

In short, Coffee, you will have time for you comic.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

I thought Terrence and Gianna were halflings, not dwarves?
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

8. - Top - End - #608

Thanks guys. That makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I thought Terrence and Gianna were halflings, not dwarves?
    Terrence is a halfling, Gianna is a dwarf.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Coffee, if you have time in high school for all this, you will definitely have time in college. I did way more work in high school than I've ever had to do in college, on average. I mean, reports and stuff are hard and time consuming - I need to work on a 5 page paper due Wednesday, actually - but generally speaking, classes aren't that demanding.

You'll enjoy it. Trust me.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Take it from me Coffee, you will have time to do this during your college year. And if you have trouble, you can always come to me so I can practice my therapist classes if you want to just want to talk. I'll listen any time you need me.

(Speaking of which, check your pm soon.)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Take it from me Coffee, you will have time to do this during your college year. And if you have trouble, you can always come to me so I can practice my therapist classes if you want to just want to talk. I'll listen any time you need me.

(Speaking of which, check your pm soon.)
    In junior college. The first thing i realize was 'god this class is cold!'

The first thing i realized that didn't involve classrooms was 'DAMN i have a lot of free time'
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Terrence is a halfling, Gianna is a dwarf.
    Now I want a Terrence and Philip crossover.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

My dense black core of cynicism warns against hoping that college will be good; hopes are the first step towards disappointment. Mind you, a little hope is never bad. Blah, this makes me seem a lot more... what's the word? Jaded, perhaps. Yes, jaded works. So, it makes me seem a lot more jaded than I am. Regardless, I wish you enjoy college when it comes~

Anyway! I've not read the prose as of yet, nor the comic in any great detail. Would you kindly put a link on this page, since I've only just caught up on the thread and have forgotten which page it's lurking on.
    At dusk, I will think of you...

14. - Top - End - #614

The comic's on the front page. The story is here.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Barbarian in the Playground

You're a great girl with a good heart, a sense of humor, and a love of DnD, webcomics, and other "nerd stuff" most girls hate. You are a rare breed that many guys I know would fight tooth and nail just to be friends with, let alone date. Don't be too hard on yourself.
    Totally behind you on that.
    -Xavez
    My name is pronounced "ZAH-vez"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    But you can't ride in a pack saddle unless you're an object. So better switch to Female.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, in theory its true, but from what I've seen, most geeks aren't like to fight tooth and nail over many things. Shyness kinda gets in the way of that.

However, their willingness to actually fight notwithstanding you'll definitely be piquing their interest.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
    Well, in theory its true, but from what I've seen, most geeks aren't like to fight tooth and nail over many things. Shyness kinda gets in the way of that.

However, their willingness to actually fight notwithstanding you'll definitely be piquing their interest.
    I consider myself pretty geeky; and I would fight tooth and nail over many things (I am also a martial arts enthusiast so that might be the reason I would do that)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #618

I'm a true wizard. I'm not physically strong in any sense of the word, but I am smart.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

Smartness is something I really found atractive, IMO there is no point on a relationship if you can't have a meaningful deep conversation.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I consider myself pretty geeky; and I would fight tooth and nail over many things (I am also a martial arts enthusiast so that might be the reason I would do that)
    Can i quote that? it's just too awesome XD

I'm a true wizard. I'm not physically strong in any sense of the word, but I am smart.
    In that case you'll attract people actually capable of holding a conversation. That's the second best kind, next to weird people who might be good at conversations anyway.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2010-09-22 at 09:12 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #621

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    In that case you'll attract people actually capable of holding a conversation. That's the second best kind, next to weird people who might be good at conversations anyway.
    Unfortunately, I have serious social issues.

Now I have good news and bad news with the comic:

Bad news: Because of college apps and senior and swim team...Well, you know how much it's eating into my time.

Good news: When I'm swimming laps for 2 hours straight, my mind needs to wander to stay sane. (Yes, I have a very short attention span; I'm diagnosed with ADHD and take medicine and stuff). This gives me lots of time to think of the Aequar series.

I'm gonna need a flowchart for the sequel.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm a Monk. I'm powerful in theory, but when I get into a fight, I'm pretty much useless.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a commoner with badly spread skillpoints.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm an expert. With no particular pattern to skill points. If magic existed, I'd be a sorcerer probably; except I don't know if I have enough Charisma.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm a Bard, but we already knew that.

I have a few more things to add to the whole "Coffee having social issues and getting a boyfriend" conversation, but I am afraid we may be getting off topic. So, I'll just PM them to Coffee instead, rather than posting several paragraphs off off-topicness.

Also, its a pity we have to wait, but I can be patient for new comics. All good things in time, after all.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'd probably be an Expert, too. Or maybe a Monk.

27. - Top - End - #627

Only 2 more days to wait. Now let's get back on topic.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

In other news I'm currently working on a webcomic, and one of the characters is a Half-Orc who may or may not be of evil alignment.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Great, I'll have something to look forward to on Friday.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

I am, I just have to actually make the strips. I'm still in the character designing phase.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine