New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 4 (4 Times The Mayhem!)

Love the comic, Congratulations on the copyright. Can't wait to see more

-Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

2. - Top - End - #842
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tulio d Bard View Post
    Congrats on your copyright! What is necessary (age, document, cost, etc) to have something copyrighted?

And about the sequels and prequels:
    *Why are you making two prequels about the same characters?
    *I'd love if at least one of them was in written book form (probably one with less funny moments), but that's just my opinion.
    One's about Team Gale. The other's Hector and Roark.

You know what I'm probably going to do? I'm probably going to do the first prequel and the first sequel at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    Love the comic, Congratulations on the copyright. Can't wait to see more

-Wrath
    Thank you!

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    The other's Hector and Roark.
    Oo! The guys with twelve axes!

Pokedex #999: Roc Ness
    Avvie by Serpentine.

4. - Top - End - #844

Huzzah for the copyright, Coffee! Or, should I say, Caroline?
    -Xavez
    My name is pronounced "ZAH-vez"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    But you can't ride in a pack saddle unless you're an object. So better switch to Female.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Orc in the Playground

Wee!

You know what I'm probably going to do? I'm probably going to do the first prequel and the first sequel at the same time!
    Wee!²

I'm not an English native speaker. If you find any mistake, please PM me.

Spoiler
    Show

(Dream & Matthew by kpenguin)

(Sharlaq by Soterion)

Check our Worldbuilding Project and Worldbuilding Project's Language Thread.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

(looses fireworks)
    HOORAY!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (looses fireworks)
    HOORAY!
    (finds fireworks)
    (gives to Lix)
    Now don't loose them again!

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

So I come back after about a week's hiatus, see that you've only uploaded one comic in that time, and I'm all like, "What a slacker Coffee even if she probably is inundated with stuff getting ready for college and...

WAIT WHAT SHE COPYRIGHTED IT?? OH MY GOSH AWESOME!"

So, yeah, belated congratulations on that.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    So I come back after about a week's hiatus, see that you've only uploaded one comic in that time
    Raz, you might want to sit down for a sec.

Remember during last academic year, when Coffee's update schedule was "every Friday"?

So with classes started again...

I know. The Horror!

Just kidding, Raz; I know you were joking. And Coffee, thanks for the phenomenal effort and rapid update schedule all summer, even if we do all go into withdrawal now!

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Murphy's Law 4 (4 Times The Mayhem!)

Groovy. Very groovy

Just don't overwork yourself just for our sakes.

We don't want our favourite fancomic writer to get all stressed and suchwhat.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure how you'd do that. Alternating between them? Do them in "Chapters"? So Chapter 1 Prequel, Chapter 1 Sequel, Chapter 2 Prequel... could do some damage to the pacing, unless you arrange the stories to climax at different times?
    At dusk, I will think of you...

12. - Top - End - #852

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    So I come back after about a week's hiatus, see that you've only uploaded one comic in that time, and I'm all like, "What a slacker Coffee even if she probably is inundated with stuff getting ready for college and...

WAIT WHAT SHE COPYRIGHTED IT?? OH MY GOSH AWESOME!"

So, yeah, belated congratulations on that.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mucat View Post
    Raz, you might want to sit down for a sec.

Remember during last academic year, when Coffee's update schedule was "every Friday"?

So with classes started again...

I know. The Horror!

Just kidding, Raz; I know you were joking. And Coffee, thanks for the phenomenal effort and rapid update schedule all summer, even if we do all go into withdrawal now!
    And yeah, what Mucat said. Although I have Monday off, so if I manage to get everything done...

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Groovy. Very groovy

Just don't overwork yourself just for our sakes.

We don't want our favourite fancomic writer to get all stressed and suchwhat.
    Please, I'm already about to give myself an ulcer, an aneurysm, and a heart attack at the same time, that's how nervous I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan A. Aokage View Post
    I'm not sure how you'd do that. Alternating between them? Do them in "Chapters"? So Chapter 1 Prequel, Chapter 1 Sequel, Chapter 2 Prequel... could do some damage to the pacing, unless you arrange the stories to climax at different times?
    The sequel and prequel are two different stories, with different characters. And I'm probably going to use two different threads.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

I'd figured that they would involve different characters, since you said as much already. I meant, like, ooh. It could get a bit awkward to have your two works going through the end-of-story fight scene at the same time.

Don't know how to put this eloquently. Hmm.
    At dusk, I will think of you...

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Please, I'm already about to give myself an ulcer, an aneurysm, and a heart attack at the same time, that's how nervous I am.
    You need to seriously chillax, Coffee

Try slowing down on the updates, do something else once in a while

If you get a heart attack we'll... Well, don't and you won't have to find out how sad and worried we'd be
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Allan A. Aokage View Post
    I'd figured that they would involve different characters, since you said as much already. I meant, like, ooh. It could get a bit awkward to have your two works going through the end-of-story fight scene at the same time.

Don't know how to put this eloquently. Hmm.
    I know, but it's that or have one of the stories swimming around in my head screaming at me for years. Five stories at once in my head, I've been working on one for almost a year, and I haven't even gotten 20% of the way through...

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    You need to seriously chillax, Coffee

Try slowing down on the updates, do something else once in a while

If you get a heart attack we'll... Well, don't and you won't have to find out how sad and worried we'd be
    I'm nervous because I'm applying to Cornell and it's a 50/50 shot at best and the rest of my top 5 is MIT, Brown, Columbia, and Johns Hopkins, and most of the rest of my list (Of 10 colleges) consists of equally selective colleges and I REALLY don't want to go to a state school.

Now do you see why I'm freaking out?

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but you're only seventeen. We don't want you to have a heart attack, an aneurysm and an ulcer all at the same time at this age!

We don't want you to have them at all, but at 17 it'd be particularly disturbing.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm nervous because I'm applying to Cornell and it's a 50/50 shot at best and the rest of my top 5 is MIT, Brown, Columbia, and Johns Hopkins, and most of the rest of my list (Of 10 colleges) consists of equally selective colleges and I REALLY don't want to go to a state school.

Maybe.

But just to cheer you up I'll tell you why I don't entirely see it:

I have no chance at anything but a local college that offer less opportunities than New York's state colleges probably do and my future looks pretty neat.

So you shouldn't be so nervous, you got so many opportunities at colleges I have never even heard of
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #858

Thanks. But I want to be a veterinarian. Vet school is harder to get into than med school because there's so few vet schools. Also, I love to be challenged in work and class. In any case, there will still be an update on Friday, and maybe Monday (Don't know yet.)

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

I know, but it's that or have one of the stories swimming around in my head screaming at me for years. Five stories at once in my head, I've been working on one for almost a year, and I haven't even gotten 20% of the way through...

No need to freak out, Cof.

First, you are an interesting and accomplished applicant, with an eclectic bunch of achievements, and I think more than one of the schools you listed will want you aboard.

And second, if they don't, it's not life-shattering. Don't go to a school that doesn't interest you. If you're not absolutely thrilled bout starting at a university, then don't. Get a job, get a year's work experience, and apply again, telling them how you've grown since the last time. It's not like the "fallback plan" of a state school will evaporate if you spend a little time doing something else.

And as a college teacher myself, I cannot say this strongly enough: people with career and life experience are better students, and get a lot more out of their time at a university. It's not even a close comparison; there is a huge difference.

I'm not discouraging you from going to Cornell or MIT next year if the opportunity's there. They're great schools, you'll do brilliantly at them, and you'll have a lot of fun. But if you don't see the perfect opportunity opening up right away, don't settle for someplace you only kind of want to study. Live your life, learn and grow, and start at a university when you're sure it's the perfect thing for you to do next. You will not regret it.

If you accept that this is a perfectly good outcome, not a horrible disaster, then you won't spend the next couple months stressed-out over what your favorite schools will decide. (And I would still bet that the choice will be that they would love to have you as their student.)
    Last edited by mucat; 2010-10-05 at 03:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks. But I want to be a veterinarian. Vet school is harder to get into than med school because there's so few vet schools. Also, I love to be challenged in work and class. In any case, there will still be an update on Friday, and maybe Monday (Don't know yet.)
    Don't worry, you'll make it.

You are brilliant and with that attitude toward work and school you will be a veterinarian some day

EDIT:

Ninjaed, listen to the teacher, he's right
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-10-05 at 03:25 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #861

Thanks, Mucat. Unfortunately, a gap year really isn't an option for me. The schools I'm applying to as safeties are okay. And if I hate it, I can always transfer. Also, I'm a naturally high-strung person.

But thank you. And man, a college professor? That's kinda funny, actually.

Hm...I may have a gift for all of you, if I can get a decent picture with my broken camera...

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, Mucat. Unfortunately, a gap year really isn't an option for me.
    If that's your choice, no problem. Just know that it wouldb't be a bad thing at all...so if you decide it's not the right choice for you, that means you've found an even better alternative.

I mean, if there is still a vet school in existence that would say "there is a gap in your academic history. Can you explain this black mark?" rather than "Ah, cool! You've got field experience! What did you do?", then that would be a school you would want to flee from anyway

You're welcome. And hey, it's just a job. (It's a job I love, but still just a job.) And we like webcomics too.

(Try to find a science professor who doesn't have xkcd on their walls!)
    Last edited by mucat; 2010-10-05 at 03:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863

If that's your choice, no problem. Just know that it wouldb't be a bad thing at all...so if you decide it's not the right choice for you, that means you've found an even better alternative.

I mean, if there is still a vet school in existence that would say "there is a gap in your academic history. Can you explain this black mark?" rather than "Ah, cool! You've got field experience! What did you do?", then that would be a school you would want to flee from anyway

You're welcome. And hey, it's just a job. (It's a job I love, but still just a job.) And we like webcomics too.

Thanks Mucat. And I guess I'll find out soon.

(So what are you a professor in, if it's okay to ask?)

Okay, back on topic...We're pretty much done with this arc. Next stop, Trasix!

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

I only vaguely saw something refering to Coffee's friday only schedule because of school and thought I'd like to add, I'm starting my mid terms in college already and I'm finding less time myself to get on these forums, so have patience people.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

25. - Top - End - #865

I've seen this in your sig and never clicked until now...
    wow! These are genuinely funny! Keep em up!
    /generic comments
    !

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks, Mucat. Unfortunately, a gap year really isn't an option for me. The schools I'm applying to as safeties are okay. And if I hate it, I can always transfer. Also, I'm a naturally high-strung person.

Hm...I may have a gift for all of you, if I can get a decent picture with my broken camera...
    The underlined describes every vet I've ever known, even the one that does cows and stuff. So you'll fit right in. ^.^
    I imagine your time at the shelter will help their decision too.

O.o Gift!! I Don't know how you'd take pictures with a broken camera though.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

On Topic:
    Where is Trasix? Weren't Team Gale goin' to Laria?

Off-Topic
    Spoiler
    Show
    So it isn't just my teachers then...

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    The underlined describes every vet I've ever known, even the one that does cows and stuff. So you'll fit right in. ^.^
    I imagine your time at the shelter will help their decision too.
    Hey Coffee, if you're going to do farm animals, I could maybe help slightly with my meagre knowledge!
    (Surprise Test Question!: What is Coccidiosis? >.>)

Avvie by Serpentine.

28. - Top - End - #868

Quote Originally Posted by Roc Ness View Post
    On Topic:
    Where is Trasix? Weren't Team Gale goin' to Laria?
    Trasix is the capital city of Laria. And thank you, Ted the Bug!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, right.

Avvie by Serpentine.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

By the way Coffee, you going to work on a new banner yet?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28