New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 4 (4 Times The Mayhem!)

Thanks guys, I'm just nervous because of college.

Update now, hopefully a better one tomorrow. Part of the reason I want to do a bunch now is that I have some very technically complicated ones coming up that I want to do before school starts.

#79: Resolutions, Wishes, And Prayers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-09-01 at 05:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Forgot to format that, mdear. XD (Huggles)
    Haha, you saw. (Huggles anyway)

Hooray! Terrence!

...Day of Descent... that sounds... ominous...
    It sounds to me like Somethings Rotten in the State Religion of Denmark Astrid.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-09-01 at 05:11 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Forgot to format that, mdear. XD (Huggles)
    Haha, you saw. (Huggles anyway)

Hooray! Terrence!

...Day of Descent... that sounds... ominous...
    It sounds to me like Somethings Rotten in the State Religion of Denmark Astrid.
    No, actually the Day of Descent is a joyous occasion, a time of celebration. You'll find out why later.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-09-01 at 05:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Descent is just a... well, negative word, normally.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

5. - Top - End - #125

You forget this is Murphy's Law and Aequar we're talking about.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, burnt, I lose. XD

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, burnt, I lose. XD
    Arguing with a girl about anything is always a losing battle. Even if you're a girl. ESPECIALLY if that girl is the author and that 'anything' is their own story
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Arguing with a girl about anything is always a losing battle. Even if you're a girl. ESPECIALLY if that girl is the author and that 'anything' is their own story
    This man speaks the truth, that is a lesson that I had to learn the hard way.

Coffee I hate to say it; but this comic IMO is one of your weakest works, I know this is a build up for greater things cough*dayofdescent*cough but it seemed kinda fillerish, and to top things of I couldn't understand the last panel.

mmmm oh yeah, good luck with college hunting, I am starting college next year too.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    This man speaks the truth, that is a lesson that I had to learn the hard way.

Coffee I hate to say it; but this comic IMO is one of your weakest works, I know this is a build up for greater things cough*dayofdescent*cough but it seemed kinda fillerish, and to top things of I couldn't understand the last panel.

mmmm oh yeah, good luck with college hunting, I am starting college next year too.
    I'm not too pleased with this one either. That's what happens when you wanted to put something else in there but then you realized that there wasn't enough room in this comic, so you need to put it in the next one. Which will hopefully be tomorrow, so this one won't be up for long.

And in the last panel Janine and Ethan are saying goodbye, and are wishing each other a happy Day Of Descent. Ethan knows that Janine is probably going to see Prince Riley's coronation.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-09-01 at 07:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the clarification... yeah it just seemed weird the jump from the conversation between Ethan and Loyd to the farewell between Ethan and Janine
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a strong comic, but a small problem for a comic from which we've seen such great things from. The great makes up for the bad by a lot. a really big lot.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

12. - Top - End - #132

Again, I'm really sorry about the weakness of this comic, and I promise that tomorrow's comic will be very interesting.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the word could mean many things. It could be "descent" as in "ancestry"...a day to celebrate and honor the people you descend from. Or it could commemorate the day Astrid descended to earth to perform some great miracle...

Or it could just mean we're all descending to hell in a handbasket, but we may as well get in a good party on the way.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

This latest comic does seem to jump around a little bit, but it definitely makes me interested in what comes next. Is Remus carrying both those bags?

Oh, and good luck with college. Have a plan (class-wise) for what you want to do with your time there, but remember to enjoy the experience as well.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Again, I'm really sorry about the weakness of this comic, and I promise that tomorrow's comic will be very interesting.
    I don't see how it's weak....
    Seems fine to me.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't find this installment weak or "fillerish". Granted, it depicts a quiet time between major events, but we get closure on several important plot points -- Terrence is getting raised, the bandits (with newly minted Marks of Justice) are free to go, and Ethan and Janice are parting on good terms despite the recent clash of views.

A few things did feel unclear or a little rushed, though. Ethan's remark about Lloyd being a paladin of Kato doesn't quite ring true. I assume he means it as an insult, but his expression is confused rather than angry, and it doesn't really fit the topic of their argument. Ethan thinks Lloyd is being too merciful, which is just the opposite of how Paladins of Kato behave. (Janine points this out, but I still don't get what Ethan meant by the remark.)

Or is Ethan being totally straightforward, and saying he really did think Lloyd was a follower of Kato? (Perhaps alluding to Lloyd's mysterious past.) In that case, though, it seems like an odd time for him to bring it up, after they've already argued about Astrid's will.

Also, are the faint lines on the orc's forehead a Mark of Justice, or just random strands of hair? No great concern either way; it's clear from context that they did get the Marks. I was just curious.

Overall, though, I enjoyed reading this as always, and I look forward to seeing the gang hit the road in search of their next fiasco adventure.
    Last edited by mucat; 2010-09-01 at 10:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by mucat View Post
    A few things did feel unclear or a little rushed, though. Ethan's remark about Lloyd being a paladin of Kato doesn't quite ring true. I assume he means it as an insult, but his expression is confused rather than angry, and it doesn't really fit the topic of their argument. Ethan thinks Lloyd is being too merciful, which is just the opposite of how Paladins of Kato behave. (Janine points this out, but I still don't get what Ethan meant by the remark.)
    Ethan originally believed that Lloyd was a paladin of Kago who wasn't in the army for some reason, possibly on a solo mission, but Lloyd is acting the complete opposite of how a paladin of Kago would be expected to act.

Also, are the faint lines on the orc's forehead a Mark of Justice, or just random strands of hair? No great concern either way; it's clear from context that they did get the Marks. I was just curious.
    Nice catch! Yes, it's the mark.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Oh, man, I didn't even see the orc there (if ever there was a sign one needed points in Spot).

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

i am just laughing about how Remus, that tiny little dog, is carrying those two giant honkin bags of stuff without a problem XD
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting developments.

Don't force yourself to update everyday. College's more important than a webcomic.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Interesting developments.

Don't force yourself to update everyday. College's more important than a webcomic.
    Wow, you're back. What do you think of this?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

I try not to say anything negative about people or their works (my success in this endeavor is mitigated), but you did ask for critique in the first post. Now keep in mind that this is only an opinion and I know next to nothing about storycrafting.

I feel you've been borrowing too much from the Order of the Stick lately. The party leader complaining about railroading, the dramatic, genre-savvy bards with their "DON'T SAY IT!", the androgynous elves (admittedly something there from the very beginning), the Mark of Justice... I used to find Murphy's Law to be an original comic that happened to borrow Rich Burlew's style, but now I feel like I am reading a copy of the Order of the Stick.

You already know what I think of Janine.

23. - Top - End - #143

Okay. Thanks. The thing with the Mark of Justice is that it delves a bit deeper into Lloyd's philosophies, compared with the philosophies of the other humans, especially other Astridians.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of Lloyd's philosophies, I found his bluff to Matt to be extremely callous, though I can't put my finger on why I feel this way.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Speaking of Lloyd's philosophies, I found his bluff to Matt to be extremely callous, though I can't put my finger on why I feel this way.
    Because he stripped down (which is extreme given Lloyd isn't involved with Matt and they have a nymphomaniac nearby) entirely to prove a point?

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Because he stripped down (which is extreme given Lloyd isn't involved with Matt and they have a nymphomaniac nearby) entirely to prove a point?
    I suppose you've not seen someone take a route completely out of character (seemingly at least) to make a point. The fact that it's so far away from what you would expect them to be willing or capable of really causes the person to snap out of it, and really get the message. It's quite effective and I've seen it in person... it usually does not involve stripping though, but it was a good way to get Matt to panic.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Jjeinn-tae View Post
    I suppose you've not seen someone take a route completely out of character (seemingly at least) to make a point. The fact that it's so far away from what you would expect them to be willing or capable of really causes the person to snap out of it, and really get the message. It's quite effective and I've seen it in person... it usually does not involve stripping though, but it was a good way to get Matt to panic.
    Yep. Jjeinn-tae's got it.

Update later tonight, then tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, and then school starts.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I was just proposing a solution, i didn't find it at all bad...

Well, ok, i did, but for entirely different reasons.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was just proposing a solution, i didn't find it at all bad...

Well, ok, i did, but for entirely different reasons.
    Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as an attack, if it did. I was just attempting to shed light on the method to the madness for those who had missed it, your comment made it seem that it isn't as common of a tactic as I thought it was. There are definitely other ways Lloyd could have handled it given the circumstances, though they might have increased the shock value for it.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as an attack, if it did. I was just attempting to shed light on the method to the madness for those who had missed it, your comment made it seem that it isn't as common of a tactic as I thought it was. There are definitely other ways Lloyd could have handled it given the circumstances, though they might have increased the shock value for it.
    It did, but that's my fault, i tend to take things more personally than they actually are. That, and it's hard to decipher tone when the person types in text.

Sorry.

Extended Sig