New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Gotham: Year One

Lyle Bolton

His hands go numb and he feels the nightstick slip from his fingers. His heart is pounding so loudly in his chest that he doesn't hear it clatter to the asphalt. His eyes go blurry and he can barely see it when the man comes at him with a knife. He jerks his face back, avoiding the first strike, but he can't move out of the way of the second. His body rebels, and the knife slashes into his chest.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You ever have one of those days? The first slash misses, but the second hits. My Defense right now is 11. 13 flatfooted, -2. The second strike hits, though. Unfortunately. Toughness is down to +4 thanks to my wounds.
    Toughness: (1d20+4)[18]

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

The knife's edge cuts a swath through a loose point in Bolton's armor. The wound isn't fatal, but it definitely stings.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Selina fails to dodge out of the way, but manages to deflect most of the razor's cutting power and sustains only a shallow, stinging cut across her palm. Twisting around to the man's side, she grabs his arm and tries to wrench the blade out of it.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blocking (as a move action, thanks to Deflect), and attempting to disarm. I forget exactly what rolls are required and am away from books right now, but here's an attack roll and you can roll anything else for Selina, if you don't mind. Attack - (1d20+5)[13]

4. - Top - End - #424

Lyle Bolton

The knife digs in, slipping through the cracks in the ceramic plating of the ballistic armor and slicing through the pseudo-Kevlar to cut a shallow slash in his chest. But at least he'd moved his head. At least he still has eyes.

He hadn't thought this through nearly well enough. He hadn't considered the potential variables. If he'd checked his surroundings, he wouldn't be in this mess, beaten and bleeding on the asphalt. He could have avoided the sniper, he could have engaged this assassin on the proper terms. He could have done any number of things. Chill might still be alive, to face proper judgment, if he had slowed down and planned it out. But he hadn't. He might die for it.

But he wasn't dead yet. He ducks down and grasps the nightstick in one beefy hand before bringing it sideways into the ribs of his assailant. The force of the strike causes his wounds to scream at him, but he ignores them.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just trying to live.
    Attack roll: (1d20+7)[26]
    DC 22 Toughness save if it connects.

5. - Top - End - #425

Walker
    He sighs, leaning back, deciding to wait for his 'interrogation,'; that would be the perfect time to spring his plan. He could probably break out of this cell, but not without a prolonged stretch without interruption-something he wouldn't get if he started trying to break out of his cell.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Lock-Up

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[12]

The rush of adrenaline soaring through Bolton's body makes his blow far more powerful than he had anticipated. The man attempts to block with his knife, only for the nightstick to come squarely down on his wrist, shattering his bones. He screams, and clutches at it, leaving him wide open for a second blow to the head.

The would-be killer is now unconscious at Bolton's feet.

Selina Kyle

Selina grabs his arm, but the man uses his own superior physical strength and leverage to force her hands away from the razor. As he does so, he flicks the weapon at her arm.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[16]
    DC 20 Toughness Save if it hits.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-12-03 at 07:55 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Katherine Walker((Again with the filter. I'm going to do a triple post. Not pretty))

"No." Said Katherine, a bit too firmly, as her mind worked away. "I'm on duty."

Which was bull****, of course, for a cop who couldn't enjoy a good drink anytime was good as dead in her opinion, but she needed time to think on her next move. Considering what Ra's reaction had been last time she exploded, she doubted she'd get as much useful information than if she was polite and learned a bit and kept him happy. And then she could explode. But with prescision.

"Can I ask who employed Joeseph Chill?" The cop asked, pronouncing the crook's first name clearly for the benefit of the foreigner. "It propably wouldn have been you. So let me tell you he's got a criminal record, has been in jail and it was all because of him working for Carmine Phal-Falcone. Conflict of interest much?"

Katherine shrugged, and after a moment's thought indicated with an outstreched hand that she would have that drink after all. Ra probably had some nice posh stuff. "I'd like to have your permission to look into this warehouse. It's the scene of two crimes - both conflict of interest and kidnapping, and Carmine's about to use it. I want to have a look at that warehouse to see what he'd use it for." Well, that was technically true, if not the whole thing, so it didn't really count as a lie. "You probably want to figure out what's going on there, and why the guy you're selling something to has somebody of his on your own very personal staff. I find out what you and I want to find, and I report to you. is it a deal?"

And if he refused that, she doubted she could see anything but suspisiousness there

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Walker

The smartass cop comes back.

"Alright, buddy. Time to get charged. Hands behind your back, facing the wall."

He's still twirling his baton as he opens the cell door.

Ra's Al-Ghul

"Yes. He is an associate of Ph-Falcone."

As Ra's himself calms down, his accent lessens.

"And again, Detective. You have my permission to look over the warehouse. Just remember that unless you can get Falcone behind bars in two days, I am going to sell it to him, no matter how much I am loath to."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #429

Walker
    "Changed? Where? And don't I get a phone call?" Walker hasn't turned yet, but he hasn't really moved at all. The last sentence was something Taylor had always said, 'If the cops arrest you, call me.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Walker

"Shut up. And that's a lie."

No it isn't. Walker knows this.

"Get on the wall now."

The baton stops twirling, and he extends it fully.

"Before I cram this up your ass."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #431

Walker
    Walker looks at the man for a moment, before rushing forward and attempting to punch him-
    Spoiler
    Show

To Hit-
    (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage-
    (1d20+7)[12]

If I did anything work for these two equations, feel free to point it out. )
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

The blade misses by a narrow margin, and Selina's patience frays. Instead of the razor, she lashes out at the man's face, striking with bared claws.

Spoiler
    Show
    Block as a move action, attack as a standard. Nonlethal.

Attack - (1d20+5)[17]

Damage bonus is +4, if it hits.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Holding Cells

Spoiler
    Show

You don't roll damage. Damage = Rank + 15 for toughness saves. You also didn't buy any ranks in Strike, so you just use your STR bonus for a total of +2.(DC 17). Roll initiative in the OOC thread.
    (1d20+4)[13]
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[15]

The officer's jaw snaps as Walker's punch socks him in the mouth. It's definitely going to bruise.

"Big mistake."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-12-03 at 09:05 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #434

Lyle Bolton

He snarls like an animal as he swings the heavy, Wayne-tech nightstick towards his assailant's midsection, and his face breaks into a grin when the scumbag tries to block the adrenaline-fueled strike with his knife and then screams, impotently, as he misses and his wrist is struck. There is the harsh grinding sound of bones in distress - if not outright broken, his wrist is at the very least badly sprained. He hopes for that to be the case - he lacks the training to set the bone himself.

While the cringing, keening man is busy cradling his injured arm, Bolton rises to his full height and brings the tonfa down, again, on his would-be assassin's head, knocking him out cold. Once the man crumples to the ground, Lyle, having learned from his earlier mistakes, searches the nearby area for other possible enemies, quickly looking through the surrounding parking lot before taking out his binoculars and searching the nearby rooftops.

With that done, he puts the restraints on his fallen foe and, after collecting the man's gun and knife, searches the man for everything that he's got on his person, collecting it and then places him into the back of the Paddy Wagon, locking him into one of the built-in cages. He takes the knife, gun and everything else with him when he gets into the front seat and guns the engine. He leaves the parking lot and heads back to the Slammer, making sure to take a circuitous, looping, redundant route to throw off pursuers.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to make two Search checks, one for remaining enemies and one to search the man for anything that he's got on him. I doubt that he could get out of the restraints, but I don't want to press it. Although, even if he could break out of the restraints, I doubt that he could get through the armor of the truck to escape. Following that, I think that it's time to introduce my first guest to the room that he will be staying in for the foreseeable future. I'll take 10 on each, unless I'm in immediate danger. If that's the case, I'll edit the post.
    1st Search: 14.
    2nd Search: 14.
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2010-12-04 at 02:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Bolton

He doesn't have much on him other than the gun, his knife, and the clothes on his back. And Lock-Up doesn't see any enemies nearby. Whoever the sniper was(Chill had mentioned a "Smiler"), he apparently was long gone.

Back to the Slammer it is.

Spoiler
    Show

Collect 5 pp.

Holding Cells

((You get a free round of actions. He's stunned for sure.))

Selina Kyle

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[18](Bruised)

The claws rake down his face, but he's far from down, countering with his razor. Unfortunately, though, the pain has messed with his sense of coordination; the razor flashes and cuts through nothing but the air between cat and assassin.

Spoiler
    Show

RL roll misses(it was a 2)
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-12-04 at 04:41 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #436

RedWizardGuy

Katherine smiled wolfishly. "That sounds good. A first look tomorrow sound okay?"

She glances around the office, remembering the girl. "And when is that damned doctor of yours going to get here, anway?"

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Ra's Al-Ghul

Right on cue, the door outside opens, and a short, professional-looking man in a white labcoat enters.

"This is Doctor William Kane. Heart surgeon."

He nods brusquely to Katherine, and kneels next to the girl.

"I'll need to get her to a mortuary table to do anything proper. I should have the results in eight hours."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #438

RedWizardGuy

"Right. You do that. Just call me first." Katherine mutters, knowing how unlikely that was. She writes something on a strip of her notepad and tears it off. "Here's my number. You have fun."

The policewoman turns to Ra and gives a little nod of her head, no less ready to speak in front of an audience.. "Ra, this junk's too complex for me to deal with right now, but rest assured that if you screw me over I'll screw you back. Just a question - did you say that Chill was one of your men and Falcone's? And that he's negociating a building sale between you two? If I got something wrong, clear it up, please. Because that sounds pretty fishy."

19. - Top - End - #439

Lyle Bolton

The Paddy Wagon speeds through the dark Gotham streets before eventually entering through the hidden garage that leads into the once-abandoned Wayne Enterprises warehouse overlooking the potentially poisonous waters of Gotham Bay. He parks and heads back towards the rear to stare through the slit-like windows in order to determine the status of his new quest.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just going to check and see if he's still unconscious before I go in to collect him.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Ra's Al-Ghul

He frowns.

"No. Chill is Falcone's man. One of mine was meeting with him about the sale."

Bolton

He's slumped in the cell, exactly as Lock-Up left him.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #441

Lyle Bolton

He smiles under his mask and unlocks the rear doors of the Paddy Wagon before stepping inside. He pops the lock on the gate and grips the would-be assassin by the restraints that bind him before slinging the man over one broad shoulder and hefting him towards the secluded cells that are sectioned away in a sublevel, requiring the use of an elevator to reach. Each cell is regulation-sized and walled in thick steel, with heavy doors. A single slit of bulletproof glass allows one to view inside. The amenities, including electric lights, a cot, a sink and a toilet, are included in each cell, as well as a hidden camera fitted into each corner of the ceiling. Bolton places the man into the first of these cells, laying him on the cot and then removing his restraints. He then exits and locks the door behind him.

He then returns to the main complex, a floor above. When the assassin awakens, Bolton will notice the movement on the array of televisions screens that function as his eyes and ears throughout the complex. Once he's made himself comfortable, he contacts Lucius and tells him about what's happened as he strips off his suit and inspects his injuries. He'll be aching and sore for a few days, but it's nothing that shouldn't heal. The two bullet wounds were exceptionally lucky, in that they failed to penetrate the pseudo-Kevlar layer of his suit. Lucius and his men were geniuses.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None, except those described. I hope that nothing I've included is objectionable.
    Also, I think that I'll spend the five power points when Eurus gets his, so that we're on the same page.
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2010-12-05 at 01:41 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442

Walker
    Walker runs past him and out the cell, closing the door as he leaves. He begins heading towards the record office, hoping no one was in there at the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

23. - Top - End - #443

RedWizardGuy

"Right. Just a bunch of confusion on my part and no lead." Katherine mutters. "Though I'm not sure about how your nice-guy image fits with working with that criminal."

She shrugs at Ra. "Well, for now I'm done here. I gotta go and see a man about his dog."

Now to see if she could find anywhere to get that recording equipment for Carmine's soon-to-be base...
    Last edited by DeafnotDumb; 2010-12-06 at 03:13 AM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Katherine Walker

On her way out, Ra's secretary hands her the security tape of the man's office.

"He asked me to give you this."

Time to get back to the police station. And research the Smiler. And figure out how to set up surveillance equipment. If only policing was like television, where one case happened at a time, on a weekly basis...

Holding Cells

The guard recovers and while he cannot chase after Walker, he does have his radio still.

"Attention all officers, we have an escapee from the holding cells. Shoot on sight. Repeat, shoot on sight."

His gun tracks Walker, and the man fires off several shots at Walker's retreating body.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack:(1d20+3)[8]
    DC 18 Toughness Save

((Waiting for Eurus before the assassin awakens))
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-12-05 at 08:48 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

((Hey, sorry for the wait.))

Selina grins invisibly under the mask and rakes at him again, across his chest.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+5)[8]

Same damage bonus. Not blocking this time, since it's actually worse if I do.

26. - Top - End - #446

Walker
    (If I got the rules again, been a while since I cracked the book open)
    Walker runs towards the files, the bullet sliding through his overly large trenchcoat without actually connecting with his body. Another bullet hole; fine, this thing was full of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Defense-
    (1d20+5)[19]
    Toughness-
    (1d20+4)[16]
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-12-06 at 10:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

27. - Top - End - #447

RedWizardGuy

Katherine sighed as she recived the tape. Another pile of things to do. Well, she'd get enough sleep when she was dead.

Anything else could wait. Time to go back to the station and plug this tape in and see what it was all about. Hopefully there'd be a bloody clue in the thing, but she doubted it.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Walker

"Alright, buddy."

The police station isn't exactly crowded, but it isn't empty, either. A large, beefy sort of man is in Walker's way, pistol in hand.

"Stand down."

Selina

He easily blocks the claws, and that straight razor aims for the wrist.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[4]
    DC 20 Toughness if it hits

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

The fight seems to be going nowhere fast; Selina always was better at avoiding injury than inflicting it. Painfully aware of the fact that the cops were probably on their way, and that her attacker might have friends, she decides to try something new.

When he slashes at her again, she shifts almost imperceptibly, sending the razor ripping through fabric but nothing else. Before he can see that, though, she hisses and recoils as if in pain, turning away. In feigned rage and fear, she throws down another smoke pellet and uses the distraction to get to the edge of the roof, where she leaps off - and grabs onto the wall a few feet beneath it, vanishing into the building's shadow while she discreetly spies on her attacker.

If she couldn't beat him into submission, she'd just have to trail him for a while.

Spoiler
    Show
    So. I'd like to try a bluff check to make him think that Selina's retreating due to injury, then hide, at which point she'll wait for him to leave/contact his superiors and eavesdrop/try to stalk him. Is that possible? If so, consider her to be taking 10 on both bluff and stealth.

30. - Top - End - #450

Walker
    "I just wanted....my phone call." Walker doesn't look like a threat in that too big bullet hole riddled coat....but on the other hand, there's enough bullet holes in that coat to imply he's seen more fights than the cop. Maybe he might want to let him have the call.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate-
    (1d20+6)[23]
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-12-07 at 06:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar