1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gotham: Year One

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about the delay. Been busy.

Walker

"Yeah?"

The man isn't lowering the gun. He's a Gotham cop, and an honest one at that. Most of the men on the force would like to see him dead, not to mention the scum on the other side of the bars. There isn't much that can faze him.

"Get your sorry ass back to the cell, and we'll talk, buddy."

Selina Kyle

The man looks around, and does not appear to see Selina. Holstering his weapon, he pulls out a cell phone, and starts speaking into it.

Spoiler
    Show

Roll a Notice check in order to hear what he's saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Selina peers over the edge carefully, visible only as a tiny patch of deeper darkness against the backdrop of the city, and listens intently.

Spoiler
    Show
    The take-10 result of 22 should probably work if he's not whispering, so I'll go with that.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Walker
    "The other cop refused to give me my call. I simply want it-and to talk to an officer."
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Ra's Al-Ghul

Ra's waves a goodbye to Katherine before turning back to a stack of paperwork on his desk. The antique phone on his desk rings, and he begins barking at it in some language other than English-Arabic, she's guessing.

Selina Kyle

"لقد هربت"

Selina can't understand a word the man is saying; he's speaking in some other language.

"أنا أفهم ، وماجستير"

He descends to street level, where he revs up a motorcyle, and begins heading towards the docks.

Bullock

"We don't have to give you a call. You want a lawyer, fine, but after that stunt you pulled, you ain't getting a call. Back to your cell."

Lyle Bolton

The man is beginning to stir, groggily murmuring to himself.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Selina frowns at the language being spoken. It sounded vaguely Arabic, but that didn't necessarily mean anything; she wasn't willing to jump to conclusions. And she couldn't exactly pursue a motorcycle. It looked like she might end up completely empty-handed after all.

With little real hope, she makes a mental note of the motorcycle's license plate number, and takes her leave from the area before the cops arrive.

6. - Top - End - #456

Lyle Bolton

By the time the captured crook begins to stir in his cell, Lyle has stripped himself to the waist and bandaged his wounds. Thankfully, nothing done to him tonight needed the attentions of a doctor. He breathes, uttering a short prayer to whatever spirit of mercy had prevented him from losing his eyes when the assailant had slashed at his face. He considers the possibility of goggles, or a visor to protect his eyes and then decides that he'll bring it up with Lucius at their next video-conference. He seats himself in front of the monitors and the chair creaks warningly under his weight. He contents himself with watching television and occasionally glancing over at the holding cells' video feeds, waiting for the would-be assassin to fully rouse himself. There are questions that he needs to answer, and Bolton is willing to wait all night to get them.
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2010-12-11 at 07:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457

Walker
    "Can I call my lawyer?" He doesn't seem to ever want to give up that point. It's like arguing with a brick wall.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Gotham Police Station

"No. We'll contact your lawyer."

Katherine arrives back at headquarters to find Harvey pointing a gun at a familiar-homeless man. It appears to be a standoff.

"Get back in your cell. Right now."

Selina Kyle

She is back in her apartment. With scant leads, and the knowledge that a strange burly man was abducting members of the mob.

The Slammer

Eventually he wakes up fully. He doesn't react with panic, but rather, appears to be systematically testing each point of his cell. Looking for weak points. Looking for a way out.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #459

RedWizardGuy

"****'s sake, Bullock." Says Katherine, arriving at HQ to see yet another scene of a policeman's stupidity. "Stop that. It's not like I've ever pulled a gun on somebody in custod-" She snaps, and then remembers Luigi, her, Bullock and Montoya's special brew. "-Well, I'm a goddamn stupid role model anyway. You stopped me doing this, don't be a goddamn fool and do it yourself. I'm covering this crazy. I reconize him from when I got Chill."

Despite her words, Katherine hands reach to her stick and grab the edge of it, ready to draw the blade inside if there should be a problem. She looks at Bullock, waiting to see his reaction and whether he'd drop the gun. "You don't have to put the weapon down, Bullock. Just point it somewhere else and you can shoot him after I talk to him. I'd like to know what he knows." The policewoman eyed the homeless man and the policeman. God, he stank, and she couldn't even smell Bullock under all his stench.
    Last edited by DeafnotDumb; 2010-12-13 at 06:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460

Lyle Bolton

Search all you'd like, he thinks. I designed those rooms myself, and Lucius had them built to my specifications. They're practically escape-proof. Perfectly? No, not yet. There were modifications that he would like to make, later, once Lucius had set aside enough money to make it happen. That was unlikely, now, due to his having been fired, but they would cope, somehow. But they were good enough. And even if they weren't, the Slammer's automated defenses would knock the assassin right back out, to be put into another cell.

Which reminds him.

He presses a beefy finger down on the button that will transmit his voice through the hidden speakers in the assailant's cell. Although a modulator will distort his words, he reverts back to the rasp that he had employed earlier, on the rooftops. You can never be too careful. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," he warns. "Sit on the bed."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Not looking forward to the eventual call from her employer that she assumed she would get, Selina decides to call up some old friends, people who were often better-informed than she was. Something stranger than usual was going on here, she felt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to Gather Information, unless Selina gets interrupted before finishing. Looking for any interesting information or decently believable rumors about the specific warehouse in question, Ra's Al-Ghul's possible mob connections, Chill's Wayne Enterprises connections, and the mysterious man abducting criminals. Taking 10 for a result of 24.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Harvey Bullock

"He destroyed our backdoor camera, and took down Liotta, and as you might have noticed, is currently out of his holding cell. Not that I'm complaining about the second part."

The gun barrel points slightly downward. Two irreplaceable objects were now in Bullock's line of fire.

The Slammer

The man ignores Bolton's words, and begins testing the bars of the cage for strength.

Spoiler
    Show

Are the bars in any sort of grid, or are they just vertical/horizontal? How thick are they? Feel free to describe them here.

Selina Kyle

Found it. A police transcript, given to her by a corrupt cop(well. A cheaply bribed cop, anyway. Almost all Gotham cops were corrupt). Al-Ghul was going to be selling the warehouse to the Falcone crime family. The report indicated the CEO didn't know of the connection.

While this was a good find, though, it wasn't nearly enough. Proof of mob involvement was not the same as proof of Al-Ghul knowingly getting involved.

Additionally, while researching further onto Wayne Enterprises finances, she notes that a former employee, one Lucius Fox, had been making some...interesting purchases. Security equipment. Non-lethal weaponry. Rappelling gear. Definitely worth looking into.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Luigi

Great. At least someone got to escape. Luigi watched amused how the homeless cracked the man's jaw with a good aimed punch and then rushed out of his cell. As the policeman shoot him, Luigi calls out.

"Shoot on sight? Ain't that too severe officer?" he says.

14. - Top - End - #464

Walker
    "I'd pay for the light if I had any money. It simply seemed the best way to get attention without hurting anyone." His hands are still up, implying he's not going to fight, "Your secretary isn't very good at her job."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

15. - Top - End - #465

RedWizardGuy

"Yeah, real smart of you." Says Katherine, and it's uncertain if she's talking to the homeless man or Bullock. "Would you two get your macho egos out of my way? I want to get a word in."

Ignoring Bullock on the idea that if he was going to shoot he would've shot by now, she glares at the homeless man. "You. What the hell were you doing at Pier Thirty-Seven a day or two ago when I was grabbing Chill? Get me that information and I might be able to get you out of here." Katherine smiles to herself at the thought of how Bullock would react to that, but she doesn't take her eyes from the other man's face. "Well, maybe. Can't promise anything."
    Last edited by DeafnotDumb; 2010-12-15 at 01:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

Walker
    "He was pushing his filth on the people of the Narrows. I was stopping him." The bad smelling bum in front of her isn't lying-you get the feeling if he attempted it, he'd fall flat on his face. It just wasn't in him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

The Holding Cells

"Shut it, convict."

He's still got his pistol; the cop is weighing it in his hand. Wondering if it would be worth the cleanup to kill Luigi. Then, a more crafty, greedy look comes into his eye.

"You look familiar..."

Bullock

"Don't know if you know this yet, but the Chief isn't exactly the cleanest cop in Gotham. When your job isn't to protect and serve, the leggy broad working for you isn't hired for her commitment to excellence."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #468

RedWizardGuy

Katherine keeps her gaze on Walker, every bit the official policewoman now. "How'd you know to get there? Got some evidence that could help us?" She says, with the implication that such evidence would be needed to get him out of here. That probably wasn't true - vandalism was the most pathetically minor crime there was, and Liotta probably wouldn't press charges if he didn't want people finding out whatever scam he had to be running - but no harm in letting the homeless guy think that. Too dumb to lie and too stupid to catch a truth: this destitute was the perfect suspect. No cop worth her salt wouldn't be able to milk something out of him.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Really? I got that often, I guess I just have a common face, right?" Luigi says, trying to missguide the man.

Bluff: (1d20+8)[21]

20. - Top - End - #470

Walker
    "Who cares what a few homeless crack addicts hear? Who cares if they know the shipment is coming in?" Disgust is in his voice-he knows how the world works and it sickens him. He wouldn't hide, if anything he wanted the world to know what he thought, wanted the world to have to think-maybe they would redeem themselves. "And who cares if they want to know what's going on in their city? Just arrest them if they point out what's happening!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

21. - Top - End - #471

RedWizardGuy

Katherine cracks a short smile. "Bullock?" She says. "You gonna put that bloody gun down? I can handle myself if he jumps me, and putting that thing out there is dying for a lawsuit to happen."

She speaks again to Walker. "Sure, that's sweet stuff. What I want is information I don't know. About anything. The crooks, the crimes, the cops. Can't let you out without a bit of give and take."

22. - Top - End - #472

Walker
    "Then walk with me-I don't ask them. They tell me. They give me their problems, and I fix them. I can't give information without asking my people."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Harvey Bullock

"This is nuts. Nuts."

But he's got his gun holstered, and while he's still tapping his pudgy hand against the it, he isn't pointing it at anyone.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Selina notes the information with satisfaction. At least this explained some of what the hell was going on. Not very much, but some. The question of what Mr. Fox was doing with such odd purchases was a baffling one, but probably unrelated to the warehouse, although she would certainly have to look into it anyway.

So. Wayne Enterprises was selling a warehouse to the Falcone crime family. Not illegal, technically. But... why? Why so much trouble over one seemingly unremarkable building? It wasn't as if there weren't plenty of other warehouses in Gotham, most of which were devoid of masked vigilantes and public scrutiny.

Maybe she should go back and check that warehouse out again. Preferably without a giant musclebound thug smashing through the roof at the worst possible moment this time. It might be a dead end, but she was rapidly running out of leads; the meeting had been a bust, her most likely link to the Falcones was in the custody of another strange vigilante, her employer was still anonymous, and Ra's himself was well-protected. She would return, yes, but not tonight.

Tonight, she had not yet given up on finding Chill - or his abductor, at least. Another set of calls, this time to the local tabloids; surely somebody had called in after seeing such a recognizable sight as that man speeding down the city streets with a hostage in tow?

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on another Gather Info check.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2010-12-15 at 08:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

Lyle Bolton

The man ignores Bolton's words, and begins testing the bars of the cage for strength.
    Bolton views the assailant through the screens for another few moments before pressing down on the intercom button.
    "I'm going to tell you again: sit on the cot. I have ways of coercing your compliance."

Spoiler
    Show
    A diagonal grid of half-inch thick intersecting steel cylinders that leave small diamond gaps only large enough to fit three fingers through, at most. I'm thinking that he can cause a sheet of unfolding steel to slide down and seal off the cell, like a much sturdier garage door, if need be. Useful for pumping gasses into the cells with the Slammer's defenses.
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2010-12-16 at 10:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476

RedWizardGuy

"Good boy, Bullock."

The cop changes her attention back to the homeless man."Can't let you out just yet. I'd want a bit more information than that. If I walked with you I'd scare people off, anyways." Says Katherine cautiously. There was something she was missing here, some logical explanation for this man's actions. "Why'd you want to get in here? Had some information about the cops inside the station?"

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Nothing worth noting, unfortunately, on the masked man. As to the warehouse...it wasn't as if it was sitting on a gold mine, or anything. It's location, near city hall, meant that, logically speaking, it was better suited for apartments than storage, and as for storage capacity, it was distinctly average. The only real history it had was that someone was shot over twenty years ago in one of its rooms. The case was solved with a minimum of fuss; one of those average crime of passions. A dead end.

Police Department

Harvey grumbles, and walks away, muttering to himself. The escapee hadn't really gone all that far anyway; his desk was just around the corner

The Slammer

The man tugs on the bars to no avail. Nodding to himself, therefore, he calmly takes off his shirt, forms a noose, and tying one end to the bars, promptly begins to hang himself.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #478
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi waits to see if his lie sinks in well.

29. - Top - End - #479

Lyle Bolton

He's out of the chair and rushing towards the express elevator before the man's finished tying the knot, pulling a on a tight blue t-shirt and his mask as he slams the button that will take him to the cells. Damn it! he scolds himself. So many mistakes! The elevator trundles as it takes him down, down to the holding floor and the doors open with a whisper. He races towards the proper cubical and glances inside. He couldn't have taken long in getting down here - less than a minute at most - before he reaches towards his belt, takes out a key-card and swipes it through the slot to the right of the door, unlocking it. He pushes his way through and grips the man about the waist, hefting him up to take the pressure off his throat. "I searched you," he growls. "I should have stripped you. If I wanted you dead I'd have killed you in the parking lot." He's more angry at the himself than anyone else. A criminal escaping his punishment through suicide wasn't justice, it was weakness. He pushes the man against the door and uses his shoulder to keep him there so that he can pull his cutting torch out of his utility belt and use it to slice through the wound-up shirt. "Suicide," he grumbles. "You coward."

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's hoping he's still alive. If I need to make any sort of roll, just let me know and I'll do them in the OOC thread.
    Man, my luck with capturing people isn't so good. I hope those points I spent on the Slammer were worth it.
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2010-12-17 at 07:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

After staring in frustration at the computer for a few more minutes, Selina sighs and throws her coat back on, stowing the mask in a pocket. This wasn't the first time she'd hit a dead end on a job, and it wouldn't be the last. Sometimes, all there was for it was to go take a walk. Some of her best insights had come to her while peacefully prowling the streets, and even if nothing presented itself, it usually at least helped her unwind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending a hero point for inspiration.