New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Gotham: Year One

Walker
    Walker, keeping his hand on the phone, says, "I'll be leaving, actually. Work to be done."
    Spoiler
    Show

What would the check or relevant skill be for using the pohne as a weapon?
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #542

RedWizardGuy

Katherine picked up the phone and dialed the first number that came to mind, the only number she'd kept in touch with even with her years down in Pawn.

"Hey, Major? Kath here. You wouldn't believe what's happened to me, inside a juicy little department with loads of information at my fingertips. Want to trade a few favors?"

3. - Top - End - #543

Lyle Bolton

With Salah thus restrained, Lyle makes his way from the holding cells to the upper level, the express elevator humming slightly as it transports him upwards. He strides towards his main terminal and picks up the phone, his fingers poised to dial. It's late, but this is something that Lucius has to hear. The phone rings for a solid minute, beeping all the while, letting him know that the line is busy before inviting him to leave a message. He does so, but it's simple.

"Lucius, it's me," he says. "I've got good news, bad news and worse news. Call me when you get the chance. Use your safe phone. Things are getting dangerous."

He ends the call and leans back in his chair. He stares at the monitor, at his captive, and feels a swelling of pride. Chill was dead - not ideal, but not really a bad thing, considering the many evils of the man - and he was one step closer to rooting out the corruption that had been rotting the city.

Not bad for a first night.
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2011-01-20 at 01:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Lucius Fox

"I'm sorry," the woman states suddenly. "I have to go. I don't want any. Good-bye."

She abruptly hangs up.

Walker

"Let me rephrase."

The cop draws his weapon, a good twenty feet away.

"Back to the cell."

Spoiler
    Show

There isn't one. I'd call it a +1 damage increase.

Katherine Walker

"So we have a competent Lieutenant? Isn't the sun supposed to collapse, or something to that effect?"

Major knows he isn't suited to management. It's quite sad that this fact makes him one of the better Lieutenants in the GCPD.

"And I've been waiting for you to trade in since you saved my hide in the Nolan Avenue robbery."

Nasty business, that one. The GCPD may be corrupt, but when the rich are the victims, competence becomes a bit of a priority. If only to avoid a lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #545

RedWizardGuy

Half-joking, the newly minted Lieutenant looks out the window to check that the sun is, in fact, still on. She smiles. It isn't a half-bad expression. "Sun still there, Major. Guess it's just giving me some time to muck up before it makes a decision on what to do. How you getting on now? How are the guys?"

She'd missed this, actually. Just talking to people she knew on the phone, not Gordon's bunch but proper people with a better way of looking at things. Major didn't expect her to be some grand cop, savior of the department: he just knew that she did her job and was good company.

God, this brought back memories. She hadn't done this nearly enough back in Pawn. Was it shame? Major wouldn't have cared, he'd had tried to help if she'd left him know in time. He'd still given it a go, anyway. Done his damnedest, she'd heard.

She'd never asked whether he did that as repayment for a favor or just , well, did it. She wasn't too sure if she wanted to know the answer.

"Nolan Alley? Hell, yeah I remember that." She said. That had been the one useful thing she'd been able to do back in Pawn, track down some items lost due to the standard idioticy or corruption of the Gotham Police force. Usually she wouldn't have bothered with such petty stuff, but major had been a friend. Sort of. "Never had much need to call it in before. Tried, you know, but couldn't find nothing." She smiled wickedly behind the phone, and she can guess from many years of experience that Major himself probably knows she's doing so. "This one's big, though."

"I got the job, but I ain't got the men. And if I ask anyone else they'll just send me the absolute worst they can find, out of spite." She pauses a little. She's not used to asking help so absolutely like this, without delaying a bit first, or at least pretending it's someone else she's offering for. "I need some good men, halfway decent at least. And they need the right skills, because this is a investigation team, not whatever else you may think." There's another pause here, as Katherine remembers Jimmy, and Norman, and Kima, and Jack and Cid and far too many other people. "I need someone studious and not too dumb, someone who can listen through hours and hours of tape or watching somebody do nothing much. I need someone who can run the bugging equipment and all that computer stuff we may need. I need a couple of really good detectives, plus one brainy one like Morgan if you can get him. I know him. And I need at least some of them to know the streets, and they need to be trustworthy enough - bribes and all that **** we did is fine as long as I can trust them not to blow the investigation."

Katherine sighs as she realizes the list she's just said. "Sorry, Major. If anyone can pull off what you just heard, you're a goddamn miracle worker. But I one you one, I owe you one bloody big one. You put up with me, and thanks for that."

The cop clears her throat. "And if there's anything you need, remember- I'm on a taskforce now. I can probably get it for you. Shoot away."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

Major

"I think I can send some people your way. Some of them might actually be half-decent, too. Mostly fresh meat, though. Sorry, Walker, but I'll need some competent men on my own squad."

He pauses then, and Katherine can hear him munching on a bag of chips. She can practically smell the salt and vinegar already.

"Let's see here...who owes me favors, and who's been complaining..."

Slurping now; Major had three separate pots in his office. The place reeked of hazelnut flavoring

"I've got four names in front of me at the moment. I can find more, but I'm guessing you'll want to start today; I'll give you more names when I can. Detectives Sarah Essen and Crispus Allen both want to get transferred. and for Officers, some girl named Josephine MacDonald, and Marcus Driver. Don't know a thing about the officers, other than that the girl's new, and a bit naive."
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #547

RedWizardGuy

Katherine smiles. relieved. "I'll take it, Major. Did I mention you're a miracle worker?" She meant it. There was enough said about Crispus to allow her to relax with the thought that she'd have at least one trustworthy cop on her side, and if half the group would be far too new for her liking, at least that meant she could probably mold them into what she needed. Now if only she was good at this sort of thing...

"Owe you one, Major. What's it that your squad is working on? I've got four things going on here, so just keeping an eye on the information we get just in case something's useful for you - well, that seems nothing net to what I've got."

8. - Top - End - #548

Walker
    He sighed as he fingers the cord, "Fine then. Attack me-I'm not stopping." He turns, not willing to attack a man if he didn't need to-he'd needed to in the cell, but here, he could just walk away. And he would-for He protected him, and as sin still lived, he lived to punish it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

9. - Top - End - #549

Lucius Fox

When the phone went dead, Lucius stared at it for nearly a full minute before placing it back in its cradle. He looks then toward his dresser, where his cell phone, his special cell phone, announces that he has a message. He slides out of bed and retrieves it. As he listens, his eyes grow dark and his expression grave. He dials the return number and his shoulders slump in relief as Lyle answers.

"What's going on?" he asks.

When Bolton tells him, his dark skin pales.

Lyle Bolton

He finds himself pacing as he relates the night's activities to his benefactor. He starts with the good news, that the suit worked wonderfully, turning what would have otherwise been mortal injuries into minute annoyances. He moves on to the bad news, that Joe Chill had been killed while he was being taken for questioning. He recounts his encounter with Salah and that man's eventual interrogation and imprisonment. And then he reveals Salah's revelation. He can almost feel the chill that runs down Lucius's spine.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Lucius Fox

"I see. You mentioned a woman. Slightly raspy voice?"

He's already expecting the answer.

"...He has her."

Walker

"Right. Turn around."

He slowly advances on the hobo, his gun still pointed at Walker.

Major

"Nothing big at the moment. One of the City Council's nephews or something got shot. I've got my team on it. We'll probably end up arresting someone with no alibi and a suspect in something else. You know. The usual."

Major was fairly honest. He didn't put people behind bars who didn't deserve it, though they usually ended up behind bars for a different reason. The "cattle rustling" incident a few months ago was a particular favorite around the water cooler.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #551

Walker
    He starts walking towards the door, ignoring the officer's warning. He knew in his heart that nothing would get in his way, and if by some chance it did, it wouldn't remain there for long. His path was clear; his goal even clearer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

12. - Top - End - #552

Lyle Bolton

"The woman on the roof? How could you know...? Never mind. What do I do about it?" He shouldn't have left her behind. Well, she was considering attacking him over Chill - but he should have known better than to leave her. "What's the plan?"
    Last edited by Sophistemon; 2011-01-27 at 12:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553

RedWizardGuy

Katherine Walker

"Well, if you want help with that, there's a guy down in this department who could really use some jail time. Name of Luigi, should be dead." Katherine says, a thin, vindictive smile crossing her lips as she thinks of the hitman. Major would be able to hear the look on her face though the phone. "Montoya's putting the pressure on him to confess and break a deal, so how about piling on an extra couple of years? Make him desperate for a deal."

"Anyway, that's all I got time for, Major. Cop's lief. But let's call sometime later, yeah? And if you know anywhere I could get some good surveillance equipment, not the crap the department's gonna give me... well, tell me if you know. I could always do with owing you another favor."

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

Major

"I'll keep that in mind, Walker. Good to have you back."

He hangs up then.

A few minutes later, she hears the shots.

Lucius Fox

"Isn't it obvious? Go after them. She was calling me through the pay phone at the corner of my house. You should search for clues there."

Walker

"I said freeze, goddamnit!"

The cop raises his pistol, and opens fire on Walker.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:(1d20+3)[8]
    Damage DC 19 Toughness
    Roll initiative. Cop's is 13.

Selina Kyle

What happened? You were on the phone...then...nothing. Groggily, Selina comes to her senses.

She's in a small, nondescript sort of place-from the looks of things, probably a basement. Unfurnished, concrete walls and floors, and a cheap flourescant lighting.

Then comes the bad news. Her hands have been cuffed together-and not with any normal handcuffs, either. Furthermore, her ankles have been bound as well, and the two linked together; she's essentially forced to kneel on the floor.

She's alone for now. But there are footsteps approaching.
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-01-29 at 09:25 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #555

RedWizardGuy

In the middle of doing some research into Carmine's last operation, Katherine curses as she hears the shots and grabs for both her gun and her stick. In the confusion her leg trips over something and there is a crash.

Cursing even more fouly, Katherine picks up her stuff and half-runs and half-limps towards whereever the shots had come from, wondering what kind of idiot would fire inside a goddamn police station.

Goddamn stupid bastard Gordon better be alright...

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi takes the shot, and then disappears into nothingness. He moves towards the fallen officer and takes her gun.

Stealth: (1d20+8)[22]

[Luigi has Hide in Plain Sight. Not sure if I have more moves after completing that.]
    Last edited by Terron; 2011-01-31 at 11:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Selina resisted the urge to panic as she came to her senses. The dark didn't bother her, nor did her dull surroundings, but the bindings around her wrists and ankles... to say that she did not like to be tied up would be an understatement. Breathing slowly and deeply, she tested the security of her bonds while at the same time checking what if anything had been taken from her. She assumed that most of her weapons would be gone, but perhaps they had missed some of her better-hidden tools.

She keeps her search brief, though, due to the approaching steps. By the time they arrive, she is feigning continued unconsciousness.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Montoya's Apartment

He doesn't even bother looking for Luigi, striding towards Montoya's slumped body, still breathing shallowly. The barrel of his gun rests lightly against her temple.

"Come out. Or I finish her off."

Selina Kyle

Damn. Whoever did this was a professional; She was thoroughly and completely disarmed.

The door to the room opens and a set of fine Italian loafers comes into view.

"You might as well stop pretending, Ms. Kyle. I am going to kick you awake if you don't respond, so this is you chance to spare yourself unnecessary discomfort."

It's a politely, refined sort of voice, tinged with a Middle Eastern accent. She recognizes the voice from her investigation. Ra's Al-Ghul himself.

Katherine Walker and Walker

It's the hobo from the cell. He's making a break for it.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #559

Walker
    The bullet rips through Walker's coat, not touching his body. He continues his stride towards the exit, clearly not at all affected by a bullet passing right by his body. The advantages of knowing a bullet can't kill you are many.
    Spoiler
    Show

Defense- (1d20+5)[17]
    Iniative- (1d20+12)[26]
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-02-02 at 05:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

Selina abandons the pretense, rising up to a roughly kneeling position, although she does her best to appear bleary and not entirely awake. She shakes her head slowly, sighing. "You're... the new Wayne Enterprises CEO? And here I was almost ready to believe you were an innocent victim of unfounded prejudice."

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

Selina Kyle

"I am the victim, such as it were, of overly nosy private investigators, Ms. Kyle."

He kneels down, a key in his hand.

"My bodyguard is overly cautious about any harm to my body. If I release you from your bonds, I would have your word not neither attempt to harm myself nor escape for the time being."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #562

RedWizardGuy

"Get down!" Katherine yells, though it's unclear who at, and after a moment's hesitation throws herself at the escaping hobo, quite coincidentally blocking any more shots from the young moron who someone had given a gun.

Spoiler
    Show

To hit: (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (1d20+3)[5]

23. - Top - End - #563

Lyle Bolton

Once fully suited up, Lyle leaps into the Paddy Wagon and it roars to life as he powers out of the Slammer and towards the payphone nearest to Lucius' abode. Once he gets there, parking several blocks away to proceed on foot providing nothing stops him in the interim, he'll examine the area from a safe distance before approaching the telephone and searching for clues.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+6)[13]
    Investigate: (1d20+10)[27]

24. - Top - End - #564

Walker
    Walker sees the officer he had that interesting conversation with yesterday running towards him, likely trying to take him down non-lethaly. Good attempt. He moves to weave out of the way; Good attempt, but not good enough.

Spoiler
    Show

Defense- (1d20+5)[21]
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-02-06 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

"Well that wouldn't get me very far, would it?"

Selina manages to stop scowling, but her face is tight.

"We'll see if that excuse holds up in court, I guess."

An empty threat, she knows. The courts in Gotham are not exactly shining paragons of justice in the best of circumstances.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Selina Kyle

"Ms. Kyle, I would ask you not to mistake my intentions. I want to know who your client is, and I want yourself to cease being a nuisance in my business."

With a click, the shackles are unlocked, and Ra's helps Selina to her feet.

"Now then. I believe Ubu has prepared a repast for the two of us. We can discuss this over some poached salmon."

It isn't a request.

Gotham Police Station Brawl

You don't roll damage or defense.

Lyle Bolton

After some careful probing, he finds a mostly burnt address card; it's for the Gotham Heights Hotel.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

Selina Kyle

She gives him a cool stare, but accepts his help rising. Part of her still doubts that she'll make it out of here alive, if her host has his way... she wasn't exactly keen to trust under normal circumstances, and this was a rather poor introduction so far. But interrogation worked both ways - maybe she could learn something.

"Lead the way."

28. - Top - End - #568

Lyle Bolton

Gotham Heights. He studies the address, committing it to memory, although he doesn't need to. The massive hotel juts up above its neighboring buildings, sticking out like a sore thumb, easy to find thanks to its size. He pockets the card and has another quick look around, to make sure that he didn't miss anything.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+6)[7]

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Lyle Bolton

He doesn't find anything. Getting back into the Paddy Wagon, he drives to the hotel.

It's getting late, but he's able to find a spot to park the Wagon. The hotel has security, of course, but they should be easy to take care of. The problem is the abundance of guests attending.

Ra's Al-Ghul

He leads her to a small room, still in the basement. A card table has been set up, complete with folding chairs and, quite incongruously, there are two silver plate covers on either side.

Ra's acts the perfect gentleman, taking out Selina's seat for her.

"Now, then, Ms. Kyle. Who hired you to go snooping in my affairs?"

Police Brawl

Walker finds himself caught in a highly effective hold; Katherine hasn't managed to force him to the ground-yet.

Spoiler
    Show

Walker's turn.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #570

Lyle Bolton

First things first, he needed to get inside of the hotel without being seen. Following that, he needed to find Ra's al-Ghul and his hostage and then he needed to apprehend the former without endangering the latter. Easier said than done. He approaches the hotel from another building, his grapple quickly reeling him to the roof of Gotham Heights. Once there, he examines the area for any opposition and then for means of entry into the building proper.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search (for potential threats and entrances): (1d20+6)[17]