New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gotham: Year One

Clay, Sprawled Outside Gordon's Former Residence

Spoiler
    Show

I'm assuming Hagen is still fanatically loyal to Luigi at this point... lemme know when it wears off.

Immediately Hagen does as the newcomer says, checking on Gordon's vitals and reporting on his condition. If he's not breathing, he'll ask Luigi for instructions on what to do.

"And are you alright, Mr... uh..." strange, that he didn't know the man's name. Hagen hoped he'd forgive the oversight.
    bye space sword...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I'm Luigi, and I'm fine, don't you worry about me friend." says Luigi, taking a deep breath.

Emotional control has sustained (lasting) duration. The target's memory under Luigi's emotional control is intact, so when he decides to cancel it your character will remember everything.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Still coughing and spluttering, Katherine doesn't respond to Luigi but takes his advice, going over to Gordon and tried to check the man's breathing. She wished she'd actually listened at that goddamn first aid course, but people should've told her it was important.

A thought strikes her, and she looks around for Gordon's daughter. "Kid? You okay?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

He's unconscious, but his breath is regular. At least, Katherine thinks it is.

Barbara looks back at her house, nearly consumed by the flames.

"It's not going to be okay again, will it?" It isn't a question. More a resigned statement.

Finally, the squad car and fire trucks arrive; they get to work quickly and efficiently, putting out the flame within minutes. Unfortunately, Montoya is with them. And she looks pissed. Her hair looks half-tangled, and her socks don't match; she got out of bed for this.

"What the hell did you do, Walker?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #215

Walker
    He stays outside the residence area, watching. He didn't recognize a single one of them, if only because Katherine had been wearing a mask-still, it would be best to stay and watch, to figure out what had caused the fire.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

6. - Top - End - #216

Clay

Before the authorities get to there, Hagen makes sure to adopt a rather nondescript face. He remembered the whole point of this operation - catch the Smiler. Surveying the wreckage of Gordon's home, he can't help but curse himself inwardly for the botched attempt. Right now, though, he had more important matters to attend to...

...namely, making sure no one gets too close to Luigi. He will physically bar anyone who approaches too close.
    bye space sword...

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Noticing the effect his emotional control had on the doppelgänger, Luigi places a hand on his shoulder, "Amici, tranquilo, relax; I'm ok and this fine gentlemen mean no harm to any of us." After he said that he heard the shouting and the fingers pointing. "Except your companion perhaps ." the gangster takes a few steps forward to this Montoya.
    "Escusi seniorina, I happened to be walking the streets when all this happened, I saw a black car speeding down the street and throwing a Molotov cocktail inside the house. Me and these two heroic persons helped that good man and his daughter to escape the flames."

Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[11]
    Bluff: (1d20+10)[25]

8. - Top - End - #218

RedWizardGuy

"Christ, kid, I'm sorry. This is probably all my fault." Katherine looks at Barbara, highlighted by the flames from her house. "Remember, kid, I owe you one, okay? You need a favor, I'll do what I can."

Katherine grunted at Montaya's demand. "Saved your hero's life. And his kid's. What up, get out of your bed the wrong side?" The cop stood up, feeling a little better now that she had the chance to be snappy at somebody. She noticed Luigi speaking to Montaya. "And don't trust that guy as far as you can throw him. He ain't got no reason to be here. Listen, I've got to speak with you."

With that statement, Katherine took the policewoman firmly by the arm and turned away, enough so that their conversation (hopefully) would not be overheard. Her other hand pressed a little packet into Montaya's grasp. "These are the things Gordon wanted me to get for him as to safekeeping. He ain't in the condition for that now, so I'm trusting you. Don't make me beat your head in with my cane."

"And can we do something for that goddamn kid? I don't want to be leaving her alone, but my house is probably the worst place to take her now. And where's the goddamn ambulance for her father?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"My actions have proven you wrong, you see an italian man on a suit and you think he's some mafia leader." protests Luigi. It seems his "charms" have not affected the woman... He was tempted to try again, but now he was the good guy. He should also probably drop the effect on the Many faces guy, his behavior is rather odd and could rise suspicious.

Dropping Emotional control on Hagen. Let's see how it goes.

10. - Top - End - #220

RedWizardGuy

"I see a man in an Italian suit running towards a burning house right after a hit attempt? Hell yes I think he's an assassin." Katherine shot back. "This is Gotham. People don't do things outa the goodness of their hearts, and sane people don't run into burning buildings."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"So you are implying you are not sane? You don't strike me as a very balanced person either, but come one, don't be so hard on yourself seniora. Luigi smiled. This good guy thing was going wrong. Terribly wrong. You must either prove I'm guilty of something or recognize I help you move the man outside, that it's what I've done." Excellent, that's the kind of phrase that a criminals would use, especially one from the mafia. Nice job Luigi.

12. - Top - End - #222

RedWizardGuy

"You stop that psychoanalyst junk about my mind now!" Katherine snapped. "I don't need to have proof for a little detainment, do it? See what we find out about you while you're sleeping in another beauty of a jail cell."

The cop's hand automatically reaches into her pocket for her badge, and then she realizes that she no longer has it. "Oh, great." She complains to the universe. "I forgot I was on goddamn vacation. How's that for a goddamn joke?"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi smiles, and snaps his fingers in front of the woman's face. "You got nothing officer. Oh, or must I say, turist?" Well that was mature. "See you around" he says, pockets his hands in his pants and turns to leave.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Outside

"Or not."

The other police officer, already in a bad mood, grabs Luigi, and slams the man onto the hood of her squad car. Handcuffs click around his wrists.

"If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and floats like a duck, it probably is. You have the right to remain silent..."

She tosses him in the back of the car, locks the doors, turning back to Katherine as she does so. For a moment, they both smile. Teamwork. Then it passes.

"The ambulance is on its way now. And I can't take Barbara to my place,either" she stumbles over that last sentence, blinking as she does so.

"We can take her to the station, and one of us could stay with her."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-10-19 at 01:49 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Wai- wha- the-" Luigi mumbled as the officer made a quick job of him. In seconds he found himself inside the car. He took a deep breath. "Now you are in trouble mr." he says to himself. If they discovered that he was actually himself, and that he was not dead, they'll make a quick job of him in the prison. D'amato family had many enemies, especially dead cops relatives.

16. - Top - End - #226

RedWizardGuy

"What, got a guy at home? Lucky you." Katherine almost smiled at Montoya. It was that close. In actuality, it came out more like a smirk, but the effort was there."You're taken, Bullock's a goddamn stupid idea, and I got a hitman on me. Looks like it's the station for me and her tonight. But later, I could fix her up with someone."

The cop's eyes find Hagen. "Ha- hey, prettyboy! Would you know a place to put a kid?"

"Hey, Montaya. You know, for getting up and helping and everything, thanks."Katherine glances back at Gordon's body and falters. "...Starting to think I should try being a little nicer. Just keep those goddamn samples safe."

17. - Top - End - #227

Clay

Clay blinked as his fanatical devotion to Luigi faded. What in the hell-? He wasn't the kind of man to trust anyone, let alone be so ... servile. There was clearly something seriously wrong with this Luigi.

"Get away from me," he mutters, trying to distance himself from the former hitman. Inwardly he shivered; he was a master manipulator, and being manipulated himself was not a pleasant experience.

Clay will fade into the background, just being another face in the crowd. He'll answer any of the cops questions, though of course keeping the details of what Katherine and he attempted tonight to himself.

At some point he'll try to get Katherine off to the side; he was warming up to Montoya, but it was probably best she still not know what was really going on.

To Katherine, "We lost the Smiler... we definitely screwed up. Did you notice anything about his car, where we can find him now?" He jabs his finger at Luigi, cuffed in the back of the squad car. "And who the hell was that guy?!"
    Spoiler
    Show

With Hagen's resources, is there a safe place we can put the kid? Emphasis on safe?
    Last edited by Sojobo; 2010-10-19 at 05:02 PM.
    bye space sword...

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Montoya blushes at Katherine's comment. Frankly, the detective, thought, if she was going to have someone over, then she should have the decency to not be embarrassed by it.

"It would be good to see you smile for once, Walker. And don't worry. I'll keep the samples safe."

She heads back into the car and drives off with Luigi cuffed in the backseat. Humming all the way.

The other officers take Hagen's statements, have him sign them to be sure. He has to give an address in case they need him later on; thankfully, he has an apartment that he didn't put under his actual name.

Spoiler
    Show

You're a millionaire actor with adoring fans aplenty. You could just buy an apartment and move in tonight.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #229

RedWizardGuy

"Beats me, prettyboy. Why'd you go fawning over him?" Katherine shrugs. "But whoever the hell he was, I bet he knows something useful. Smiler knows what he's doing - right car, right weapon, right job all the way. He had a bumper sticker though: 'The Police Never Think It's As Funny As You Do'." The cop half-smirks at this, an odd expression on her face. "Christ, I nearly let a kid get burnt away because of this half-assed plan. Tell me you have somewhere to put her, Hagen, so I can feel fine about going back to my usual jackassed self."

20. - Top - End - #230

"Beats me, prettyboy. Why'd you go fawning over him?"

"I honestly wish I knew... I just couldn't help it. And don't call me prettyboy, officer."

"But whoever the hell he was, I bet he knows something useful. Smiler knows what he's doing - right car, right weapon, right job all the way. He had a bumper sticker though: 'The Police Never Think It's As Funny As You Do'."

"Hmmm... pretty crappy as clues go, but its something. Let's see if it leads us anywhere. You think you can manage to question that Luigi guy?"

"Christ, I nearly let a kid get burnt away because of this half-assed plan. Tell me you have somewhere to put her, Hagen, so I can feel fine about going back to my usual jackassed self."

Hagen paused... he thought of Stella, thought of the bombing... immediately he pushed the memory from his mind. It wasn't the time to feel anything; it was time to focus.

"I'm sure I can find a place for her."

Spoiler
    Show

Haha, I completely forgot I bought up Hagen's wealth. Yup, going to buy a nondescript apartment for the Gordon's, hopefully on the down low and not in Hagen's name. Don't want to attract attention.

We'll say its an Aunt's place or whatever.

Also, as soon as he can he'll be whipping out the trusty cell-phone and seeing what info he can get on a) that bumper sticker on the Smiler and b) Luigi.

Using Contacts to take 10 on Gather Info (result is 20, as usual). Should get me answers to Restricted, Difficult questions. Hopefully.
    bye space sword...

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Apartment 404, 101st Avenue
    Spoiler
    Show

Will Save:(1d20+6)[10]
    GI(if needed):(1d20+10)[23]

The apartment comes barely furnished; a pair of cheap folding chairs and tables, a bed with a set of clean, if plain sheets, and the like. It was meant for a grad-student, really. Or two, considering the rather large couch.

Hagen finds himself far too nervous after the fire to dial the right numbers. He can't run on autopilot; he finds himself still fueled on adrenaline from his experience. There was a certain thrill to heroics, to pitting one's life against the odds in exchange. Thrill-seeking. Noble thrill-seeking.

That isn't to say that the cocktail of hormones (did he still have hormones? Or was this some sort of bizarre substitute?) didn't have any benefits. His mind makes connections he wouldn't have been able to before, remembering half-forgotten jokes and names dropped during overheard conversations.

Spoiler
    Show

a) that bumper sticker is only available from one particular website.

b) Luigi was, in fact, a hitman. However, he was presumed dead six months ago during a drug raid on a suburb of Gotham. And one more thing. He was implicated in the death of one of Katherine Walker's old detail. .45 bullet in the mouth. Very bloody. Very nasty.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-10-20 at 02:30 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi remained silent until the car was far away from the scene. He looks through the window, seeing people and buildings go by. "You know," he starts. ", I don't know why am I here. I mean, I try to make a good thing out of my crappy existence and bum! busted and going to prison. It's not fair isn't it? And why? Because people think I'm a stereotype. If you are Italian and have looks, then you are a deadly hitman. Don't you think it's completely ridiculous?" but again, these were not just words. Luigi's words were so seductive and sedative...

Using emotional control to instill love on Montoya (Will DC 18) after will drain of 8 points if not succeed on a will save DC 18
    Last edited by Terron; 2010-10-20 at 07:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

"Go **** yourself."

So much for convincing her.

"You're currently being detained for questioning. You want to add obstruction of justice, fine by me."

She reaches back, waves the pistol formerly in Luigi's jacket around.

"And you better pray that you've got a license for this weapon."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-10-20 at 01:52 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Ok, if you are not in the mood for some cheap chat, fine by me." says the gangster.

Luigi will try again, even use extra effort (Will DC 20)

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing.

Montoya pulls into the station, and escorts Luigi to a cell. Thankfully, at least, there wasn't anyone else in it. She slams the bars shut, locks the door, and walks away with a grin on her face.

"Pretentious ass. You can add sexual harassment to those charges as well."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-10-20 at 06:29 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Luigi just gives a hearty laugh, and awaits to see what happens next.

27. - Top - End - #237

Clay, The New Digs

The first thing Hagen does when they enter the apartment is head to the bathroom and slam the door shut. Immediately he let his facade fall. He leaned over the dinky little sink, gripping its edges tightly, and tried to calm his breathing. He needed, desperately, to rest... holding so many faces, for so long, through that much stress was taxing to the extreme. It was time to just be himself for a bit.

He looked up at the dusty mirror, seeing his own reflection.

And what was his true self? Formless clay stared back at him.

When he feels that he's regained enough control to resume his masquerade, he'll resume the nondescript face he was wearing earlier and come out.

"You alright, kid?" he says to Barbara.

At some point, he'll share what he's learned with Katherine Walker in private.

"We screwed that one up big time... but that bumper sticker you saw is only available at one online purveyor... its not much, but perhaps I can hack their customer list.

"Oh, and that Luigi guy? The one who made me all puppy-eyed about him? He's supposed to be dead. And, uh, something else."

He tells Walker the bad part and hopes she won't impale him on her cane.
    bye space sword...

28. - Top - End - #238

RedWizardGuy

Walker is very, very quiet for several slow seconds, with no sound coming from her but the tap of her stick on the floor. Her face is cold and closed and tells nothing as she stares back at some old memory, her words forming almost without emotion. "I'm going to kill him, Hagen. I'm going to make him wish he was dead and then I'm going to kill him."

There was the brief scrape of metal as Katherine unconsciously unsheathed her swordstick a little, her hand grasping the hilt so hard it almost left indentations in the metal, but her voice was unchanged from before. "Do you know who'd he kill? Was it Jimmy? Norman? How'd he do it? How'd the bastard do it?"

29. - Top - End - #239

Michael
    He'd arrived to late to get involved, or even truly understand what had transpired. But this hadn't been his business anyway. As far as he could tell, it had been an attack on the cops. He hadn't met a cop in Gotham worthy of their job; but he would have been re missed to not investigate. He begins searching what's left of the building, trying to discover anything of interest.
    Spoiler
    Show

Search
    (1d20-2)[2]
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Walker

There was a fire...he really couldn't tell much else.

Though he did come across the tattered remains of a photograph amidst the rubble. A young woman, with striking red hair, wearing jeans and a long green cami, waiting in line for something at a boardwalk. She apparently hasn't seen whoever took the photograph.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2