New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cat Fans Unite and PEACH II: Moar Kittehs!

Why not just make Pirate Wench applicable to 'anyone interested in your gender'?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

Talk Like A Pirate:
    I like this one, good for putting an enemy tank out of commision for a while.

Swear like a sailor:
    Interesting, if you have a high enough DC, you could take all your enemies one-on-one. Never be outnumbered again!

Rum Runner:
    Now that's one useful feat, depending on how fast you metabolise the alcohol.

Professional Courtesy:
    Is charm monster limited to sea creatures as well?

Damn All Ninjas:
    Competence bonus on what rolls? This have the potential to be a ninja-killer without compare.

Good Luck Charm:
    Very good for those save-or-fall-overboard checks.

Weather Witch:
    Having the weather on your side is seriously underestimated, especially at sea.

Rope Swinger:
    Dunno what to say about this one. It will definitely make you more mobile during boarding actions.

Treasure Hunter:
    What is 'Treasure Scent'? Also, you never know when nimble fingers can come in handy.

Pirate Wench:
    In a grittier campain, this can save your life I imagine.

Lord of the Thunder:
    This is a great ability. One thing though: is firing a pistol a standard or an attack action? If it's the latter, Quick draw will mesh well with this ability.

Blood and Thunder:
    Does this stack? Good anyway for those hard-to-hit fellows.

Tattoos:
    Nice general debuff that you can keep going with little effort. Stacks well with Blood and Thunder.

Roughneck:
    Better than Great Fortitude for those who need to shore up a weakness.

Fancy Yerself a Captain:
    This allows you to attain 25 leadership a lot earlier than usual. At slightly higher levels, leadership penalties barely applies due to your massive score.

Big Daddy Voodoo:
    Do these critical hits include sneak attacks? If so, this is very useful for some builds.

Deathbeard:
    This appeals to me. I don't know why.
    Don't take anything I say too seriously.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Norr View Post
    What is 'Treasure Scent'? Also, you never know when nimble fingers can come in handy.

This is a great ability. One thing though: is firing a pistol a standard or an attack action? If it's the latter, Quick draw will mesh well with this ability.

This allows you to attain 25 leadership a lot earlier than usual. At slightly higher levels, leadership penalties barely applies due to your massive score.
    I answered your other questions by revising text.

Treasure Scent is a spell from the SPell COmpendium letting you detect valuable metals.

I think firing a pistol is an attack action.

SHould I revise the captaincy thing then/

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Why not just make Pirate Wench applicable to 'anyone interested in your gender'?
    Cause this way was more offensive

I'm kidding. Seriously I do these edits at 1-4 am. Sometimes I'm a little loopy.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-05-05 at 01:38 AM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Who cares about offensive? I just mean that that way, it doesn't have to be female only, and you can have a handsome young man who for some reason doesn't know what a shirt is.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Who cares about offensive? I just mean that that way, it doesn't have to be female only, and you can have a handsome young man who for some reason doesn't know what a shirt is.
    Munchkins don't have a mechanical reason to wear pants, so why not have a dashing Puss in Boots go around in just a pair of jaunty pantaloons, matching knee high boots, a sash and a rapier or scimitar thrust through it, with a nice hat to top it off, eh?
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

ah I see what you mean.

so whats the name of the male version of the Pirate Wench ability?
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

(tries to think of a boardsafe name)
    Uhh.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

(tries to think of a boardsafe name)
    Uhh.
    The closest approximation I can find is 'swain.' Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, though...
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Modified the 1st level parrot a lil.

SO other than the wench ability any other thoughts before i make final tweaks?
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cabin Boy = Male Wench?
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

SAND CATS

"Don't unnastand why you Army guys sweatin' it. I'm in fur and I'm perfectly cool out here in the sun. Wimps."

Sand Cats are Cat Burglar Guilds adapted to desert areas that have Desert Cats, Sand Cats, and other warm area living species with fur.

BECOMING A SAND CAT
    A Cat Burglar with a few desert appropriate Feats will do.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form (Big Cat), Burglaring (Sneak Attack)
    Feats: Heat Endurance, Sandskimmer (see Sandstorm)
    Skills: Hide 6 ranks, Knowledge (Geography) 4 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks, Listen 4 ranks, Spot 4 ranks, Survival 8 ranks

Class Skills
    The Sand Cat's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Geography, Nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 8 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Sandskimmer
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Sand Camouflage
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Fire Resistance 5
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Sandswimmer
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Sand Ambush
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    Fire Resistance 10
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Tremorsense Camouflage
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    The Paw from Below
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Fire Resistance 20
    10.+7    +3     +7     +3    Sand Whirlpool
    Weapon Proficiencies: Sand Cats gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Sandskimmer: At 1st Level you get the Sandskimmer Feat (see Sandstorm pg 52).

Sand Camouflage: At 2nd Level you gain the Sand Camouflage Feat as a Bonus Feat (see Sandstorm pg 51).

Fire Resistance (Ex): At Level 3 you gain Fire Resistance 5. This increases to 10 at Level 6, and 20 at Level 9.

Sandswimmer (Su): You can swim through sand, dust ash and even softsand (but not hard packed dirt, slipsand or rock). Consider it a burrow speed equal to your land speed but only in sand. You can sandswim through such materials at your base land speed while wearing light armor or carrying a light load. Your speed drops to 5 ft if wearing heavier armor or carrying a medium load. You cannot make headway through sand with a heavy load. You breathe normally while under the sand. This supernatural ability does not allow you to breathe in mediums other than sand or hold their breath to avoid dangerous gases or fumes. You may see through sand at a distance of up to 60'.

Sand Ambush (Ex): A Sand Cat who has used Sand Camouflage or the Sandswimmer ability to Conceal itself under the sand can burst forth from the ground and make a Full Attack Action, and the opponent is Flat-Footed for that round.

Tremorsense Camouflage (Su): At 7th level you can move on or through sand and be invisible to Tremor Sense so long as you do not attack on that round. If you can move out of any squares your opponents threaten the round after you attack, without attacking, you resume invisibility so long as you do no re-enter a square they threaten that same round.

The Paw from Below (Ex): If buried beneath the ground you may attack an opponent with your claw attack while remaining hidden. You effectively have Total Concealment, and gain +2d6 Sneak Attack for that round. After that they know you're there underground and you will need to make an opposed Move Silently vs Listen Check to sneak back up on them.

Sand Whirlpool (Su): You may cast Maelstrom (see Stormwrack page 118) 3/day as a Supernatural ability with a few differences. The obvious one is that it has to be cast in a sandy area of appropriate size as opposed to water. Damage done is slashing as opposed to bludgeoning. All opponents on the sand within 50' must make a Reflex Save or be sucked in (the caster is immune to this). Any creature who can Sandswim (or has a Burrow speed) can make a Swimming Check instead if their Bonus to Swim Checks is higher than their Bonus to Reflex Saves. Creatures Medium or smaller will be buried under the sand 5' down within 1d4 rounds, and an additional 5' every round they spend in it thereafter. It takes 1d6 rounds to bury a Large creature, 2d4 for Huge, and Gargantuan or bigger can simply stand back up once it's over.

PLAYING A SAND CAT
    Deserts with indigenous wildcat populations tend to produce shy, reclusive animals who kill vermin. On the one hand this means you get left to your own business and no one bothers you. On the other you can't move as freely because of this, nor can you leave witnesses.
    Combat: Sand Cats are masters of the ambush, striking from hiding whenever possible. They truly enjoy hamstringing opponents from underneath the sand.
    Advancement: Sand Cats have certain necessities their survivalist lifestyle demands, so they tend to advance along strict lines that improve their needed skills.
    Resources: Resources are scarce in the desert, but the Guild will help you IF their survival is also threatened. Or they owe you one.

SAND CATS IN THE WORLD
    "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
    Sand Cats live a bit of a harsh existence as desert bandits, but they wouldn't have it any other way. They are quite proud of their survival skills. They are also quite proud of their ability to take on much more powerful forces through the creative use of traps and ambushes.
    Daily Life: Much of the Sand Cats daily life is taken up by the search for food, water, and essentials. Good scroungers are prized among the Sand Cats.
    Notables: Sheba (Chaotic Neutral Female Human Cat Burglar 6/Sand Cat 6) is the traditional Robin Hood type burglar (perhaps slightly less giving due to the harshness of the desert). Cerval (Neutral Evil Male Human Cat Burglar 6/Sand Cat 6) is your traditional murderous desert bandit.
    Organizations: Most Sand Cat Guilds are small bandit families. Very few get large, as large Guilds require large amounts of resources, and squabbles for power erupt when times are thin.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's will generally have a great variety of rumors and folklore based on cats if there are Sand Cats nearby. Many will find them terrifying.

SAND CATS IN THE GAME
    This assumes the PC has led some pretty hard times, and may be a bit more hard-hearted than other PC's. Try to avoid this leading to conflict.
    Adaptation: This could be adapted to horror campaigns as well as silly ones.
    Encounters: PC's will generally encounter Sand Cats when they try robbing caravans, or when they blunder into a nest.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been followed for days by a lone wildcat in teh desert. The party scout took pity on it and has been giving it food and water from her rations. It has killed a number of small animals in return, which have been added to the cooking pots. Almost like it was paying for it's keep...

Sheba
    Chaotic Neutral Female Human Cat Burglar 6/Sand Cat 6
    Init +7 (+9 BC, +10 KF), Senses: Listen +10, Spot +10
    Languages Common
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed (+3 Dex, )
    AC KF , touch , flat-footed (+2 Size, +6 Dex, )
    AC BC , touch , flat-footed (+1 Size, +5 Dex, )
    hp 54 (12 HD)
    Fort +5, Ref +13 (+15 BC, +16 KF), Will +6
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +8, Grp +7 (+0 BC, -5 KF)
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Abilities (KF) Str 3, Dex 22
    Abilities (BC) Str 4, Dex 20
    SQ Purr, Feline Empathy, Cat Powah +2, Scamper Bonus, Burglaring (+2d6 Sneak Attack), Kitty Form (Big Cat), Kitty Magic (Lick Your Wounds, Swift Paws), Sandswimmer, Fire Resistance 10, Sand Ambush
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Hamstring, Heat Endurance, Improved Initiative, Sandskimmer x2, Sand Camouflage (B)
    Skills Bluff +10, Climb +3, Diplomacy +6, Gather Information +10, Hide +13, Jump +7, Knowledge (Geography, Local, Nature) +4, Move Silently +13, Listen +10, Search +8, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10, Survival +10, Tumble +11, Use Magic Device +10
    Possessions

EPIC SAND CAT

Hit Die: d6
    Fire Resistance At Level 23 and every 3 levels thereafter your Fire Resistance increases by 5 points.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Sand Cat gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-07-06 at 10:37 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    ah I see what you mean.

so whats the name of the male version of the Pirate Wench ability?
    "Acolyte of Fabio"...note that most Acolytes of Fabio do not, in fact, realize that they ARE Acolytes of Fabio...

Alternatively "Hunk" might work...

Edit after actually reading the class:
    I would swap the number of ranks required for Prof(Sailor) and Swim. It fits both pirates (I have heard most sailors of the colonial era intentionally did NOT learn to swim, so if they fell overboard their death would be swift, rather than tortuously slow), and cats (WATER!?! DO NOT WANT!).
    Nebber minds, I seas teh Seacat form requirementz. I can haz Epiphanyburger?
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-05-11 at 12:53 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Say, Bhu...

May I request a PrC or two? Namely, Cat Burglar/Impossible Warrior, or Cat Burglar/Librarian?

No idea as to the IW one, but the librarian-kitteh...

Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Cats and book stores are a traditional combo so the librarian is easily arranged next

I'll have to think something up for the warrior tho
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you, Bhu. May your dander always cause massive allergic reactions!
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

This was my first thought upon seeing the name 'Sand Cat'

Spoiler
    Show

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2011-05-12 at 10:48 PM.
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Please note this will require levels in Amechra's Librarian class, which can be found here

"Are you old enough to be in this section of the library kid?"

Library Cats are an odd development. At some point Librarians decided they needed guardians for knowledge that could be hidden in plain sight, or used as an information gathering service. And then they discovered the Cat Burglar Guilds. The two had much in common, and a pact of sorts was made for mutual protection. Libraries already used cats to get rid of vermin, so the Guilds hanging about wouldn't really draw any attention.

BECOMING A LIBRARY CAT
    A few levels in Librarian and Cat Burglar will do.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form, Master Scribe
    Skills: Decipher Script 6 ranks, Hide 6 ranks, Knowledge (any) 6 ranks, Listen 6 ranks, Martial Lore 6 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks

Class Skills
    The Library's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Decipher Script (Int), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Any)(Int), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha)

Hit Dice: d4

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Occupational Specialty, Living Library, Rote Erudition
    2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Hide Knowledge
    3. +1    +1     +3     +3    Burglaring
    4. +2    +1     +4     +4    Occupational Specialty
    5. +2    +1     +4     +4    Hide Knowledge
    6. +3    +2     +5     +5    Burglaring
    7. +3    +2     +5     +5    Occupational Specialty
    8. +4    +2     +6     +6    Hide Knowledge
    9. +4    +3     +6     +6    Burglaring
    10.+5    +3     +7     +7    Library Steps
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Library Cat gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Occupational Specialty(Su): At 1st Level the Library Cat chooses one of the Occupational Specialties from the following list, and at levels 1,4, and 7 gains a power based on that Specialty:

Lurker: Lurkers specialize in moving about the Libraries, hiding books and themselves. At 1st Level you can teleport any book/scroll/etc. within the confines of the Library to your location as a Swift Action at will.

At 4th Level you can cast Dimension Door at will as a Supernatural ability (Caster level is equal to half Hit Dice). It may only be used within the Library, or to teleport outside it's walls up to 30'.

At 7th Level the number of books/scrolls/spellbooks you can hide via Hidden Knowledge increases by an amount equal to your Int Score, and you no longer need to touch them if they are inside the Library.

Magi: Magi specialize in Arcane Rotes and knowledge. At 1st Level their caster level when using Arcane Rotes is equal to their Hit Dice.

At 4th Level they no longer have a component cost for Arcane Rotes, and gain a Competence Bonus on all checks meant to avoid degradation of their Arcane Rotes equal to their Int Modifier.

At 7th Level you may choose one Rote and use it at will as a Supernatural Ability without rolling for degradation. You may switch out this Rote at every odd numbered Level.

Sage: Sages specialize in learning as much as they can. At 1st Level you gain Know It All, which is basically the same as the Bardic Knowledge ability from page 28 of the PHB, except that the Bonus to the roll is equal to your Int Modifier plus your Hit Dice.

At 4th Level all Intelligence based skills are considered Class Skills from now on, and you can always Take 10 with one specific Knowledge Skill.

At 7th Level you may automatically pass any Check based on your Int modifier a number of times per day equal to your Int Modifier.

Sifu: Sifu specialize in Martial Rotes and knowledge. At 1st Level their initiator level when using Martial Rotes is equal to their Hit Dice.

At 4th Level they no longer have a component cost for Martial Rotes, and gain a Competence Bonus on all checks meant to avoid degradation of their Martial Rotes equal to their Int Modifier.

At 7th Level you may choose one Rote and use it at will as a Supernatural Ability without rolling for degradation. You may switch out this Rote at every odd numbered Level.

Theologian: Theologians specialize in Divine Rotes and knowledge. At 1st Level their caster level when using Divine Rotes is equal to their Hit Dice.

At 4th Level they no longer have a component cost for Divine Rotes, and gain a Competence Bonus on all checks meant to avoid degradation of their Divine Rotes equal to their Int Modifier.

Living Library: Your Librarian and Library Cat Levels stack for determining the number of books you can remember as recorded in the Liber Mentat column of the Librarian class.

Rote Erudition: Your Librarian and Library Cat Levels stack for determining the number of Rotes you can remember as recorded in the Rote Erudition column of the Librarian class.

Hide Knowledge (Su): At 2nd Level as a Swift Action the Library Cat can touch any book, and it disappears into an extradimensional space inside himself. He may hide a number of books equal to the books he can memorize in his Liber Mentat Column. At 5th Level he can also hide Martial Scripts and Arcane/Divine spells in this manner. At 8th Level he can hide spellbooks.

Burglaring (Ex): At Levels 3, 6, and 9 you may choose one Burglaring ability from the Cat Burglar class ability of the same name.

Library Steps (Ex): 3 times per day you may cast Greater Teleport as a Supernatural ability, but it may only move you to the location of a Library (whether public or private). If you do not know of any Library within range it will teleport you to the closest one.

PLAYING A LIBRARY CAT
    Life is dull. At least it's dull until populist uprisings or political switchovers, then suddenly everyone wants to go book burning. Your job is to find out about these little soirees, and prevent them from occurring. And of course back up the Librarians if they do.
    Combat: Combat for you varies depending on what books you have memorized. And ambushes. No one expects the sudden paw of doom from the dusty bookshelf.
    Advancement: This kind of depends on your job. The street network that listens for trouble will be looking to enhance their spying and stealth. Those helping memorize the books will of course concentrate on their mystical abilities, and those helping guard the books will do a little of both.
    Resources: You have what are effectively two Guilds to draw upon. Granted neither one is horribly rich, but still...

LIBRARY CATS IN THE WORLD
    "Man this place must have TONS of rats! Look at all the friggin' cats..."
    Library cats have long, tranquil, boring times punctuated by brief episodes of death, destruction, and fleeing for their lives.It tends to make you paranoid, especially of political or religious movements, who are your chief tormentors.
    Daily Life: Much of the time your lying about local gossip markets pretending to sleep, or lying on bookshelves pretending to sleep, or furiously practicing your skills for the days they will be needed.
    Notables: Ethel (NG Female Human Cat Burglar 1/Librarian 5/Library Cat 6) appears to be the average librarian. Sharday (N Female Human Cat Burglar 1/Librarian 5/Library Cat 6) goes for the sexay Librarian look. It isn't advised to turn books in late to either one.
    Organizations: The Librarians (and the associated Library Cats) are a loose organization who try to gain as much temporal power as they can to protect books from the public, and from nobles who often don't understand how powerful knowledge can be.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's think your just mousing cats. Some of you may have spoken, and act as talking mascots to entertain patrons to get their financial and political backing, but mostly you are the sneaky paw of vengeance in the night.

LIBRARY CATS IN THE GAME
    This kind of assumes you will be mostly stationed in one area, which could limit traveling unless you can find a reason you would do so, such as for rare scrolls/books.
    Adaptation: This is mostly for silly campaigns.
    Encounters: Library Cats are most likely to be found in libraries, or the homes of rich eccentrics with lots of books.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are hired as extra help to prevent a library being burned by a new religious cult. It's kind of a boring job except every now and then some psycho tries to immolate himself in the name of some heathen God. Plus at night it's kinda creeping with all those cats staring at you...

Ethel
    NG Female Human Cat Burglar 1/Librarian 5/Library Cat 6
    Init +1 (+4 KF), Senses: Listen +7, Spot +9
    Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven
    AC , touch , flat-footed (+1 Dex, )
    AC KF , touch , flat-footed (+4 Dex, )
    hp 31 (12 HD)
    Fort +4, Ref +9 (+12 KF), Will +10
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +5, Grp +4 (-8 KF)
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 16
    Abilities KF Str 2, Dex 18
    SQ Purr, Kitty Form, Feline Empathy, Cat Powah +3, Living Library, Knowledge Devotion, Librarian's Vow, Devoted to Learning, Rote Erudition (1), Supported Learning , Master Scribe, Occupational Specialty (Lurker), Hide Knowledge, Burglaring (Evasion, Improved Evasion)
    Feats Jibba Jabba,
    Skills Balance +5, Climb +3, Decipher Script +15, Gather Information +11, Hide +7, Knowledge (History, Local) +13, Listen +7, Martial Lore +15, Move Silently +9, Search +11, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +11, Spot +9, Use Magic Device +11
    Possessions

EPIC LIBRARY CAT

Hit Die: d4
    Liber Mentat The maximum number of books you can memorize via your Liber Mentat ability increases by 1 per Level.
    Rote Erudition The number of Rotes you can use increases by one every other level.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Library Cat gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-09-06 at 01:51 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

BURGER CHEF

"YOU CALL THIS A CHEEZBURGER!?!"

Burger Chefs are casters who joined the Cat Burgler Guilds and had a talent for cookery. Eventually they turned this talent into a specialty creating magical foodstuffs for their comrades.

BECOMING A BURGER CHEF
    A Level or so of Cat Burglar and several levels in any spontaneously casting arcane or divine class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form
    Casting: Must be able to spontaneously cast Arcane or Divine spells.
    Feats: Craft Cheezburger, Jibba Jabba
    Skills: Craft (Cooking) 3 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana or Religion) 4 ranks, Profession (Chef) 3 ranks, Spellcraft 3 ranks

Class Skills
    The Burger Chef's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Cooking), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Local, Nobility)(Int), Knowledge (either Arcana or Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Chef)(Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d4

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Sliders, Fryin', +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Patty Melt, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    3. +2    +1     +1     +3    Juicy Lucy, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    4. +3    +1     +1     +4    Garden Burger, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    5. +3    +1     +1     +4    Hamurgesas, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    6. +4    +2     +2     +5    Slopper, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    7. +5    +2     +2     +5    Non Traditional Burger, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    8. +6    +2     +2     +6    Giant Burgers, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    9. +6    +3     +3     +6    Bun Kebab, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    10.+7    +3     +3     +7    Freak Burgers, +1 Level of Arcane/Divine Casting Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: Burger Chefs gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Fryin': All Burger Chefs have a Fryin' Pool representing their recipes (i.e their other class abilities such as Sliders, Patty Melt, etc.) equal to their PrC Level plus their Cha Modifier. They may expend one daily use of their Fryin' Pool to use any of their Class Abilities.

Sliders Recipe(Su): You may Craft 3 Cheezburgers at the same time, but their effects are at -3 Caster Level. Lil' dinky burgers make lil' dinky effects.

Patty Melt Recipe(Su): Your Cheezburger is considered to have been cast with the Empower Spell Feat. Everyone loves a good Patty Melt.

Juicy Lucy Recipe(Su): The burning hot cheese at the core of this Cheezburger scalds eaters and renders them incapable of speech for 1d6 minutes, doing hit point damage equal to your Caster Level in addition to it's normal effects.

Garden Burger Recipe(Su): You may now cook abominations made without meat. Being as it's good for you though, anyone eating this Cheezburger is healed hit points equal to twice your caster level, along with the normal effect.

Luther Burgers Recipe(Su): Those donuts pack a punch. Your Cheezburger is considered to have been cast with the Maximize Spell Feat.

Sloppers Recipe(Su): A Slopper is a Cheezburger topped with onions, fries, and a mound of chili peppers. In addition to the normal spell effect the eater gains a +1 Circumstance Bonus to all rolls for the duration of the spell, as the pain from the chilis makes him insane.

Non Traditional Burger Recipe(Su): You have created an abomination. Something people should know better than to eat but they do anyway (or mebbe you're foreign). Living Enemies who see the burger must make a Willpower Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Cha Modifier) or willingly eat the burger. Generally use for cursed burgers obviously. Anyone who makes the Saving Throw does not have to Save again versus this particular burger.

Giant Burgers Recipe(Su): Your Cheezburger is considered to have been cast with the Extend Spell Feat. Bigger burgers for longer effect,

Bun Kebab Recipe(Su): Bun Kebab is a frightening combo of some form of meat or potato, ground lentils, cumin seeds, and egg fried and served on a bun with chutney or raita. Opponents are unused to such exotic fare, and the Cheezburger gets a +2 to Save DC.

Freak Burgers (Su): 3 times per day you can expend one use of your Fryin' Pool to apply any three Recipes to one Cheezburger simultaneously. For example you could make a Giant, Luther, Garden Burger.

PLAYING A BURGER CHEF
    Every organization has it's grunt level employees. The guys who do all the unskilled basic labor that no one else wants to do that keeps things running, like cooking and cleaning and paperwork. But when you belong to a Guild based on all it's members knowing some magic, that gets a little dicey. Because grunt level employees have dull, boring jobs they need to liven up. Eventually some of the cooks begin with experimenting on their food with their powers, and things get weird. And so this is how the Cat Burglar Guilds developed the Burger Chef. By day you are a restaurant owner, by night you buff raiding parties with magical Cheezburgers.
    Combat: You aren't much of one for fighting, being relegated to more of a support role for those who do. Your pre-packaged magical noms keep the boys on the front lines going.
    Advancement: Truly you just want to perfect your magical cookery, but you keep getting requests for burgers that make you invulnerable to this that or the other, burgers to attract women, burgers to kill people by spontaneously en-fattening them, etc. Where the hell does the brass keep coming up with this stuff?
    Resources: The Guild throws lots of experimental ingredients and what not your way hoping you'll come up with some new work of genius that will lead them to world domination. You keep trying to tell them you're just a chef, but when your last burger toppled a king (he choked on it) they have unreasonably high levels of faith in you.

BURGER CHEFS IN THE WORLD
    "Mittens Place has the best food evar!"
    By day the world luvs you as you happen to make some really awesome grub. By night they deal with the fury of your coworkers who are enhanced (suffering from) whatever concoction of the day you've decided upon.
    Daily Life: Your days are spent cooking, experimenting with new combinations, feeding it to colleagues (suckers), and seeing what happens before making notes and trying again.
    Notables:
    Organizations: You will belong to a Cat Burglar Guild as with everyone else, and you may also belong to a school for spellcraft of some sort, as well as any professional organizations in the area for chefs.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's like you as you either appear to be a cook or a kitty, neither of which are hated except by the truly mean.

BURGER CHEFS IN THE GAME
    This assumes you have bot a public identity and a secret identity, which can be stressful on some to pull off. Your secret ID being a cat helps you out some, granted, but not as much as you'd like.
    Adaptation: This is definitely meant for silly campaigns.
    Encounters: Burger Chefs are usually found in restaurants, or accompanying mass raids with foodstuffs.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are hired to guard a burger stand. They're a lil grumpy considering this is beneath the skills of people who have professionally fought Beholders and such, but the pay was to good to pass up, and so was the food.

And then the ninjas came from every where...it's like they were raining from the sky...

Name
    N Human Male Cat Burglar 1/Sorcerer 5/Burger Chef 6
    Init +1 (+4 KF), Senses: Listen +, Spot +
    Languages Common, Goblin
    AC , touch , flat-footed (+1 Dex, )
    AC KF , touch , flat-footed (+2 Size, +4 Dex, )
    hp 31 (12 HD)
    Fort +2, Ref +5 (+8 KF), Will +9
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +6, Grp +5 (-6 KF)
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 18
    Abilities KF Str 3, Dex 19
    SQ Purr, Kitty Form, Feline Empathy, Cat Powah (+4), Cat Familiar
    Spells Per Day
    Feats Brew Potion (Sodas), Craft Cheezburger, Eschew Materials, Exceptional Artisan, Extraordinary Artisan, Jibba Jabba
    Skills Bluff +12, Concentration +6, Craft (Cooking) +8, Diplomacy +12, Gather Information +12, Knowledge (Arcane, Local, Nobility) +9, Listen +10, Profession (Chef) +9, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +6, Spot +6, Use Magic Device +8
    Possessions

EPIC BURGER CHEF

Hit Die: d4
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int
    Fryin' Pool You continue to get daily uses of your Fryin' Pool with Epic Levels.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Burger Chef gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th

Craft Cheezburger
    You make the most delicious Cheezburgers. And sometimes you make them quite special indeed...
    Prerequisites: Caster Level 5th
    Benefits: This is similar to Brew Potion in most respects, except the following: You may make most spells of 5th Level or lower into a Cheezburger, and time to make one is 15 minutes plus the casting time of the spell (i.e. long enough to cook a decent Cheezburger and enchant it). You of course must have the necessary ingredients to make a cheeseburger and cook one. Unlike Potions Burgers are good for 1 day after being made. Because of their temporary nature they do not cost XP to make.

Hamburglar
    You're good at swiping burgers.
    Prerequisites: Craft Cheezburger
    Benefits: As a Swift action you can teleport any Cheezburger within 30' to your person (or any other location within 30'). It does not need to be a Cheezburger made by you.

You Want Fries Wit Dat?
    You can make a good batch of fries now.
    Prerequisites: Craft Cheezburger
    Benefits: You get an additional 2 daily uses of your Fryin' Pool.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-10-09 at 01:46 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

OK I know I dont normally work on more than 1 PrC at a time, but i had a request, and a few ideas I waned to get out before i forget them.
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #440

Bhu, you are a mad genuis!!

Seriously, this is the most-awesome-ist thread evar!!!

Soo cute!!!
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

In feets, U mizspelled "Cheezburger". Iz only 2 e'z. (In fact, based on a google search it seems you never spelled it "correctly" anywhere... not that "Cheezeburger" gives more than three results with the following string:
    site:www.giantitp.com "Craft Cheezburger"
    ...and all of them seem to be that particular post
    )

In other news, if they were partially inspired by my cursed teas then just maybe "Craft(Poison)" should be on their list (and they should then get the ability to safely handle ingested poisons at some level of the class)? This is a rogue-like class's PrC after all...
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-05-15 at 10:28 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for not posting earlier guys I'm in a bind time wise this week. WIll have updates soon
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Are you sure that you shouldn't change "Burger Chef" to "Burglar Chef" for the name of the latest PrC?
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for disappearing like that. All three kitties have fluff up now.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

From Burger Chef:
    Organizations: You will belong to a Cat Burglar thread
    I believe you mean "guild".

Library cat has at least one typo "psoken", which I THINK is in the daily life section.

Sandcat has several typos.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-05-24 at 01:40 PM.
    Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

I has fixed. Hopefully crunch will begin tonight
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Bhu, I wish I'd been able to keep up with all you've been doing. The new(to me) Kitty Classes are GREAT! [mimicking Tny the TigerTM ]

Anyhow, I'm loving the idea of Library cat (though Bookstore Cat works too).

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

28. - Top - End - #448

Wow, for all my life I have looked for a class that I would want to be if I had the chance. Wizard usually fit the bill but... LIBRARY CAT. My life is complete.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Shameless self plug:

Then look at the class that it progresses out of!

(In my sig, look in my sig!)

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shadow View Post
    Wow, for all my life I have looked for a class that I would want to be if I had the chance. Wizard usually fit the bill but... LIBRARY CAT. My life is complete.
    I like the Feral.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting