New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cat Fans Unite and PEACH II: Moar Kittehs!

:P already did.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Would you like to PM me any opinions? (alright, now let the thread go back to its regularly scheduled programming.)
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shadow View Post
    Wow, for all my life I have looked for a class that I would want to be if I had the chance. Wizard usually fit the bill but... LIBRARY CAT. My life is complete.
    Does this mean you'll be going for a different PrC with Bartholomeow?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

4. - Top - End - #454

No, Bartholomeow is too evil to be a librari-- oh wait...

j/k :P nah, he's a soul-sucking being of pure fluffy darkness.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh, I like the Sea Tiger. Just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Want to play a Sea Tiger.

And finish up the Sand Cat, Library Cat, and Burger Chef. They look interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

I'm trying I'm really pressed for time for the next few weeks though
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, well in that case, take your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Ah, well in that case, take your time.
    I may have too I'm gonna be pressed for time really badly this whole month.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

well i have the abilitieis named. hopefully i get teh chance to flesh them out soon
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Sand Cat has most of it's abilities up.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    SAND CATS
    I think this should be singular, not plural
    ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form (Big Cat), Burglaring (Sneak Attack)
    Feats: Heat Endurance, Sandskimmer (see Sandstorm)
    Never read Sandstorm, but Sandskimmer doesn't SOUND like the sort of feat that you can take more than once. Despite this, you both require it, and give it as a bonus feat at first level. Unless Sand Skimmer gives resistance to heatstroke etc, you could probably replace the feat with an Endure Elements effect with respect to heat only, to tide them over until they get to 3rd level (perhaps in addition to a more useful ability?).
    Skills: Hide 6 ranks, Knowledge (Geography) 4 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks, Listen 4 ranks, Spot 4 ranks, Survival 8 ranks

Class Skills
    The Sand Cat's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Geography, Nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Tumble (Dex).
    Are you sure you want to have Sense Motive and Gather Information in there? These guys don't seem like they are focused on doing much in town. They could have other members of the guild to fence stuff, and beside which they don't have Appraise as a class skill.
    Skills Points at Each Level : 8 + int
    Surprisingly I am OK with this. They have enough class skills...
    Sandskimmer: At 1st Level you get the Sandskimmer Feat (see Sandstorm pg 52).
    As I noted before, this looks like an error to me.
    Sand Camouflage: At 2nd Level you gain the Sand Camouflage Feat as a Bonus Feat (see Sandstorm pg 51).
    I hear that some people dislike feats as class abilities. I have done it myself (with my Society Members), but they got a LOT of feats (probably averaging two per level AT LEAST, especially if you include the two Exotic Weaponry feats that the class grants in a stealthy way), and also gave some very nice unique class features. Will discuss your class features as I come to them.
    Fire Resistance (Ex): At Level 3 you gain Fire Resistance 5. This increases to 10 at Level 6, and 20 at Level 9..
    Boring but reasonably useful.
    Sandswimmer (Su): You can swim through sand, dust ash and even softsand (but not hard packed dirt, slipsand or rock). You can sandswim through such materials at your base land speed while wearing light armor or carrying a light load. Your speed drops to 5 ft if wearing heavier armor or carrying a medium load. You cannot make headway through sand with a heavy load. You breathe normally while under the sand. This supernatural ability does not allow you to breathe in mediums other than sand or hold their breath to avoid dangerous gases or fumes..
    Four levels in and the first INTERESTING ability. Seems fun, but not quite fun enough to justify the long wait. You should probably specify that the speed of the sand (usually zero) counts as the speed of the water, just for maximum clarity. EDIT: Also, upon getting this ability they should add Swim to the class list, perhaps with the proviso that any skillpoints spent on that skill from this PrC ONLY count when swimming through sand... then again, when it DOES rain in the desert you do tend to get flash flooding so... Although depending on GM interpretation (which you might want to clarify) they can survive a flood by burrowing into deep enough sand (as in deep enough not to get washed away). Just because any spaces between the grains happen to be filled with water rather than air doesn't mean they are not in sand.
    Sand Ambush (Ex):
    Don't know what you are planning here, but this could quite easily simply be the ability to see through sand a certain distance (Ideally enough to hide, but not enough to easily find the berried ruins of that ancient city). If not, you should probably add such an ability somewhere else, unless Sandskimmer grants Tremor Sense or something. Being able to travel doesn't help stealth nearly as much if you can't see where you are going or what has shown up.
    Tremorsense Camouflage (Su): At 7th level you can move on or through sand and be invisible to Tremor Sense so long as you do not attack on that round. If you can move out of any squares your opponents threaten the round after you attack, without attacking, you resume invisibility.
    Does this count if you then move back in during the same round?

The Paw from Below (Ex):
    EDIT: No idea what this will be... Sneak Attack damage but only under certain circumstances.

Sand Whirlpool (Su):
    EDIT: I can imagine what this one will be, and it sounds awesome... my only question is if it involves sandswiming in circles to create and maintain the effect.

PLAYING A SAND CAT
    Deserts with indigenous wildcat populations tend to produce shy, reclusive animals who kill vermin. On the one hand this means you get left to your r own business and no one bothers you.
    Small Typo
    On the other you can't move as freely because of this, nor can you leave witnesses.
    Combat: Sand Cats are masters of the ambush, striking from hiding whenever possible. They truly enjoy hamstringing opponents from underneath the sand.
    Advancement: Sand Cats have certain necessities their survivalist lifestyle demands, so they tend to advance along strict lines that improve their needed skills.
    Resources: Resources are scarce in the desert, but the Guild will help you IF their survival is also threatened. Or they owe you one.

SAND CATS IN THE WORLD
    "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
    Sand Cats live a bit of a harsh existence as desert bandits, but they wouldn't have it any other way. They are quite proud of their survival skills. They are also quite proud of their ability to take on much more powerful forces through the creative use of traps and ambushes.
    Daily Life: Much of the Sand Cats daily life is taken up by the search for food, water, and essentials. Good scroungers are prized among the Sand Cats.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Most Sand Cat Guilds are small bandit families. Very few get large, as large Guilds require large amounts of resources, and squabbles for power erupt when times are thin.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's will generally have a great variety of rumors and folklore based on cats if there are Sand Cats nearby. Many will find them terrifying.

SAND CATS IN THE GAME
    This assumes the PC has led some pretty hard times, and may be a bit more hard-hearted than other PC's. Trey to avoid this leading to conflict..
    "Trey" = Small Typo
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-06-08 at 06:14 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

12. - Top - End - #462

SAND CATS

"Don't unnastand why you Army guys sweatin' it. I'm in fur and I'm perfectly cool out here in the sun. Wimps."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sand Cats are Cat Burglar Guilds adapted to desert areas that have Desert Cats, Sand Cats, and other warm area living species with fur.

BECOMING A SAND CAT
    A Cat Burglar with a few desert appropriate Feats will do.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form (Big Cat), Burglaring (Sneak Attack)
    Feats: Heat Endurance, Sandskimmer (see Sandstorm)
    Skills: Hide 6 ranks, Knowledge (Geography) 4 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks, Listen 4 ranks, Spot 4 ranks, Survival 8 ranks

Class Skills
    The Sand Cat's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Geography, Nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Tumble (Dex).

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Sandskimmer
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Sand Camouflage
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Fire Resistance 5
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Sandswimmer
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Sand Ambush
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    Fire Resistance 10
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Tremorsense Camouflage
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    The Paw from Below
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Fire Resistance 20
    10.+7    +3     +7     +3    Sand Whirlpool
    Weapon Proficiencies: Sand Cats gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Sandskimmer: At 1st Level you get the Sandskimmer Feat (see Sandstorm pg 52).

Sand Camouflage: At 2nd Level you gain the Sand Camouflage Feat as a Bonus Feat (see Sandstorm pg 51).

Fire Resistance (Ex): At Level 3 you gain Fire Resistance 5. This increases to 10 at Level 6, and 20 at Level 9.

Sandswimmer (Su): You can swim through sand, dust ash and even softsand (but not hard packed dirt, slipsand or rock). You can sandswim through such materials at your base land speed while wearing light armor or carrying a light load. Your speed drops to 5 ft if wearing heavier armor or carrying a medium load. You cannot make headway through sand with a heavy load. You breathe normally while under the sand. This supernatural ability does not allow you to breathe in mediums other than sand or hold their breath to avoid dangerous gases or fumes.

Sand Ambush (Ex):

Tremorsense Camouflage (Su): At 7th level you can move on or through sand and be invisible to Tremor Sense so long as you do not attack on that round. If you can move out of any squares your opponents threaten the round after you attack, without attacking, you resume invisibility.

The Paw from Below (Ex):

Sand Whirlpool (Su):

PLAYING A SAND CAT
    Deserts with indigenous wildcat populations tend to produce shy, reclusive animals who kill vermin. On the one hand this means you get left to your r own business and no one bothers you. On the other you can't move as freely because of this, nor can you leave witnesses.
    Combat: Sand Cats are masters of the ambush, striking from hiding whenever possible. They truly enjoy hamstringing opponents from underneath the sand.
    Advancement: Sand Cats have certain necessities their survivalist lifestyle demands, so they tend to advance along strict lines that improve their needed skills.
    Resources: Resources are scarce in the desert, but the Guild will help you IF their survival is also threatened. Or they owe you one.

SAND CATS IN THE WORLD
    "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
    Sand Cats live a bit of a harsh existence as desert bandits, but they wouldn't have it any other way. They are quite proud of their survival skills. They are also quite proud of their ability to take on much more powerful forces through the creative use of traps and ambushes.
    Daily Life: Much of the Sand Cats daily life is taken up by the search for food, water, and essentials. Good scroungers are prized among the Sand Cats.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Most Sand Cat Guilds are small bandit families. Very few get large, as large Guilds require large amounts of resources, and squabbles for power erupt when times are thin.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's will generally have a great variety of rumors and folklore based on cats if there are Sand Cats nearby. Many will find them terrifying.

SAND CATS IN THE GAME
    This assumes the PC has led some pretty hard times, and may be a bit more hard-hearted than other PC's. Trey to avoid this leading to conflict.
    Adaptation: This could be adapted to horror campaigns as well as silly ones.
    Encounters: PC's will generally encounter Sand Cats when they try robbing caravans, or when they blunder into a nest.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been followed for days by a lone wildcat in teh desert. The party scout took pity on it and has been giving it food and water from her rations. It has killed a number of small animals in return, which have been added to the cooking pots. Almost like it was paying for it's keep...

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    ------------------------------------------------
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC SAND CAT

Hit Die: d6
    Class Ability
    Class Ability
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Sand Cat gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    I feel this one exemplifies the class much better than the one that Bhu actually has up there right now.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    New PrC idea: Cave Cat! Thigh I don't like that picture, the cat looks strange. It's probably a bad photoshop.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-06-08 at 06:19 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I feel this one exemplifies the class much better than the one that Bhu actually has up there right now.

That was the idea. Wonder where the text in my post went T-T oh well.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    New PrC idea: Cave Cat! Thigh I don't like that picture, the cat looks strange. It's probably a bad photoshop.
    Ironically that is a picture of a Sand Cat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_Cat

Draco: Sandskimmer can be taken twice. Will be fixing typos and text to address other concerns.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-06-09 at 02:33 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I hope to have a brief break from the job this week. Be patient and will update soon.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Sand Cat updated, just needs capstone
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

10' Tremorsense only helps against invisible foes really, since you can already see through sand... still good, just not AS good.
    Which reminds me... unless one of the feats does this, you might consider stealing a trick from my Wing Dragon's Fog Immunity and allow the sand-vision to also let them see through airborn sand... IE sandstorms are much much less of a problem. Dunno if the class really needs the help or not, but it would be cool.
    Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

3 more days and i can concentrate on this, plz be patient
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

3 more days and i can concentrate on this, plz be patient
    I can do that!
    Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Job is done, hoping for new stuff tomorrow or the weekend. SPeaking of which i have till Monday to get paid pr the isp shuts off. If this happens have no fear i shall return
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9vqL4W6Hc

Posting this for those few who havent seen t
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #474

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9vqL4W6Hc

Posting this for those few who havent seen t
    That is the second most amazing thing I've seen today.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Sand Cat has capstone
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I don't have Stormwrack, so I can't fully comment.

You mention people with Sandswim being allowed to use swim checks in place of a save... but you never specified if it counts as a swim speed (thus getting a +8 bonus), and they still don't have swim as a class skill, or bonuses to swim checks when sandswimming or anything, so I am not sure how much it will come up.
    Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is this a cat thread!? Could it be!?

EDIT: you know what now after reading the description: nevermind
    Last edited by Bunny Earz; 2011-07-05 at 04:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Well, I don't have Stormwrack, so I can't fully comment.

You mention people with Sandswim being allowed to use swim checks in place of a save... but you never specified if it counts as a swim speed (thus getting a +8 bonus), and they still don't have swim as a class skill, or bonuses to swim checks when sandswimming or anything, so I am not sure how much it will come up.
    I edited sandswim a lil to make it clearer. The maelstrom spell does 3f8 damage per round i think. Ill edit the text for the cap a lil too
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Great work, I would just like some clarification the PrCs work off the 3rd revision correct.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

yes everything posted after the 3rd revision works off it
    Orcs and Goblins