New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cat Fans Unite and PEACH II: Moar Kittehs!

http://www.vice.com/read/meow-meow-meow-329-v17n2

ok were officially moving to japans...
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    http://www.vice.com/read/meow-meow-meow-329-v17n2

ok were officially moving to japans...
    That's... so awesome. :D
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Yarn Kensai now has fluff
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

Yarn Kensai now has fluff
    Yarn and fluff

Yarn Kensai clearly needs Use Rope and Profession(Knit) ranks required for entry. :3
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

crunchy update to yarn kensai
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

should I give the Yarn Kensai full initiator levels?

also anyone acquainted with chain/rope weapon fighting?
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

should I give the Yarn Kensai full initiator levels?

also anyone acquainted with chain/rope weapon fighting?
    First thing on initiating is there isn't one standard initiation model. They give out maneuvers and stances at their own rate, which varies a lot from PrC to to PrC from what disciplines are available to it.

For chain/rope fighting, Chthonic Serpent is the go-to for such things. This version may be somewhat more up to date and also easier to get ahold of the creator of there.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

thanks cieyrin, fleshing out yarn fu now
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

brief descriptions of all Yarn Fu maneuvers/stances are up
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

I have a class idea for you but it's only a name: The fast and the furrious (or furry-ous if you want).
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Have you ever made a maneuver-using class before?
    Because some of the stuff you are doing is... very odd. I SUSPECT it is bad, but am not sure.
    You grant a total of 5 maneuvers/stances, but after you complete the class they don't progress(because they only go to 6th level), leaving you only to swap them out for maneuvers of a higher level (which the class itself doesn't seem to allow). I would say that counting maneuvers and stances as equal for learning them is a bad thing, but since there are only two stances (which is fine), I don't think it is a real problem.
    Actually, it occurs to me that spending a feat or two on Martial Study (since I would think there is at least one second level setting sun maneuver with no prerequisites) is a better way of getting into this class than actually taking a level of swordsage or some other martial initiating class.
    2/3's initiator level progression is a quite reasonable mechanic to use for a class, but I don't know if THIS is that class. I don't know anyone other than myself who has ever even CONSIDERED that idea and I only ended up USING anything like it (rather than revising something similar away later) for my "Sublime Form Master" which grants the 1/2 progression of a non-initiating class for the purpose of maneuvers, but full progression for the purposes of stances (since it is all about stances rather than maneuvers).
    Actually, did you think/were you going to specify that the initiator level progression also grants maneuvers known/readied/stances known according to the progression of whatever martial initiating class they had before entering yarn kensai? Because if you meant the other things to be BONUSES on top of a 2/3-of-normal-progression then that could make a lot of sense (no idea about power balance).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-11-28 at 01:08 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

you get 2/3rd initiator progression and it provides maneuvers/stances like normal. The Yarn Fu Maneuvers are bonuses on top of that. I'll rewrite to specify.

Also once I start doing epic level stuff I'm sure most classes will get new stuff this one included.
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Yarn Kensai finished up and ready for review
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

Ball Bludgeon needs a cap of IL d6, as getting +16d6 at ECL 7 from a barbarian charging at max range seems a bit much.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

IL?
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Yarn Kensai updated

unless someone is good at photoshop this is prolly best i can do for a pic for this one

LORD OF THE JUNGLE

"Don't sell your soul to buy peanuts for the monkeys."

"What?"

Jungle based Guilds have traditionally relied on being captured as exotic animals to gain entry into rich households, or as bandits. Jungle Lords tend towards banditry, taking advantage of rumors of a local Cryptid known as the Cat Faced monkey to which all manner of evil and tomfoolery are ascribed.

BECOMING A LORD OF THE JUNGLE
    Generally being a jungle living member of the Cat Burglars Guild is all that's needed.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Kitty Form: Cat Faced Baboon
    Enhanced Kitty Form: Strong Kitty Form
    Skills: Balance 4 ranks, Climb 4 ranks, Hide 4 ranks, Jump 4 ranks, Survival 4 ranks

Class Skills
    The Lord of the Jungle's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Geography, Local, Nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +2     +2     +0    Kitty Form (Cat Faced Mandrill)
    2. +1    +3     +3     +0    Monkeys Paw
    3. +2    +3     +3     +1    Gorilla Dust
    4. +3    +4     +4     +1    Kitty Form (Cat Faced Gorilla)
    5. +3    +4     +4     +1    Monkeys Grip
    6. +4    +5     +5     +2    Lemur Leap
    7. +5    +5     +5     +2    Kitty Form (Dire Cat Faced Gorilla)
    8. +6    +6     +6     +2    Monkeys wrench
    9. +6    +6     +6     +3    Loris Lotion
    10.+7    +7     +7     +3   Alpha Monkey
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Lord of the Jungle gains no new Armor or Weapon Proficiencies.

Cat Faced Mandrill (Su): You now become a Mandrill sized creature with a cat's face. You also gain the following abilities: Low Light Vision, Scent, a Primary Claw Attack (1d4 plus Str Modifier), and a Secondary Bite Attack (1d6 plus 1/2 Str Modifier). You get 1 Bite and 2 Claw attacks with a Full Attack Action. Your stats are modified as follows: +2 Dex, -2 Str (minimum Str is 3), and you gain a +1 Natural AC Bonus. You become Size Class Medium. You may now use Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Open Lock, and Use Rope as normal, but with a -2 circumstance penalty do to misshapen pawlike hands. You may also swing from tree to tree and move at your full land speed while doing so similar to the Brachiation Feat listed in Complete Adventurer.

Monkeys Paw (Ex): You do +1d6 damage with any melee attacks.

Gorilla Dust (Ex): As a Full Round Action you may throw dust, dirt, debris, beat your chest, and generally act like a gorilla on meth. Living opponents within 30' must make a Willpower Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Cha Modifier) or be Fascinated each round you continue to do this, and Shaken for 1d4 rounds after you stop as they realize you suddenly mean bidness.

Cat Faced Gorilla (Su): You now become a Gorilla sized creature with a cat's face. You also gain the following abilities: Low Light Vision, Scent, a Primary Claw Attack (1d4 plus Str Modifier), and a Secondary Bite Attack (1d6 plus 1/2 Str Modifier). You get 1 Bite and 2 Claw attacks with a Full Attack Action. Your stats are modified as follows: +2 Str, -2 Dex (minimum Dex is 3), and you gain a +2 Natural AC Bonus. You become Size Class Medium. You may now use Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Open Lock, and Use Rope as normal, but with a -2 circumstance penalty do to misshapen pawlike hands. You cant swing from trees in this form but do get a +4 Circumstance Bonus to Jump Checks.

Monkeys Grip (Ex): If you successfully hit with your Claw Attack in Kitty Form you may immediately make a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.

Lemur Leap (Ex): You may always Take 10 on Jump Checks. You do not take penalties for not having a running start, and your high jump distance is not limited by your Size Class.

Dire Cat Faced Gorilla (Su): You now become a Dire Ape sized creature with a cat's face. You also gain the following abilities: Low Light Vision, Scent, a Primary Claw Attack (1d6 plus Str Modifier), and a Secondary Bite Attack (1d8 plus 1/2 Str Modifier). You get 1 Bite and 2 Claw attacks with a Full Attack Action. Your stats are modified as follows: +4 Str, -4 Dex (minimum Dex is 3), and you gain a +3 Natural AC Bonus. You become Size Class Medium. You may now use Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Open Lock, and Use Rope as normal, but with a -2 circumstance penalty do to misshapen pawlike hands. You cant swing from trees in this form but do get a +8 Circumstance Bonus to Jump Checks. You become Size Class Large, giving you a -1 Size Modifier to AC and Attack rolls, a -4 Size Modifier to Hide Checks, and a +4 Size Modifier to Bull Rush/Grapple/Overrun/Trip Checks. Your lifting and carrying limits are double those of a Medium Size PC, you occupy a 10' Space, and your effective Reach is 10'.

Monkeys Wrench (Su): You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to your Charisma Modifier as a Swift Action, and may declare it's use after a successful Attack roll. The opponent must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or take a -2 Penalty to all rolls for 24 hours.

Loris Lotion (Su): As a standard action you can squoosh poison gunk from glands in your elbows and smear it on your teeth or a weapon. On a successful hit that does damage the poison does 1d4 Strength as Initial and Secondary Damage if the victim fails a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Constitution Modifier).

Alpha Monkey: When in Kitty Form you may now appear as a primate as opposed to a kitty. This means you may now be a giant chimp, a Sabre Toofed orangutan, a monkey girl, or even a Winged Monkey. Stats remain the same, and your Purr and Feline Empathy abilities now work on primates too. You now qualify as an Animal for purposes of any spell/power/effect that would be beneficial to Animals temporarily (this includes spells specific to animals such as Animal Growth, because Cats are Animals). For purposes of effects that would be detrimental to Animals, you are still of your original race. If knocked unconscious you no longer revert to your original form if you are in Kitty Form. You also gain the Shapechanger Subtype.

PLAYING A LORD OF THE JUNGLE
    You are the Lord of all you survey. In your own head at least. Them other guys who think the same better recognize your head kitty. "Cept for the silverback one, he's kinda tough...
    Combat: One of you provides a distraction while the other sneak up behind and wail on people. It doesn't get much better than this unless they believe your in league with the Devils or some other nonsense.
    Advancement: The requirements of survival ensure you develop among pretty strict lines or perish. Not many Jungle kitties differ.
    Resources: Jungle Guilds usually have scant resources. Bandits aren't known for being wealthy, otherwise they wouldn't be bandits.

LORDS OF THE JUNGLE IN THE WORLD
    "Cats and monkeys; monkeys and cats; all human life is there."
    Maintaining the reputation of a spookity cryptid monster is a hard days work. It keeps making you figure out new , less reputable people to witness ever more bizarre scenarios you can come up with to prevent them from coming out into the jungle to look for you. And that backfires cause in some cases it draws the occasional whacko like a moth to a flame.
    Daily Life: Much of your time is spent preparing for the day you get a chance to raid something or someone. And of course disseminating misinformation about the legendary Cat Faced Monkey. Why did you know seeing one can make you poop your own heart?
    Notables:
    Organizations: As usual, you belong to a Cat Burglar Guild. You aren't usually powerful or numerous enough to have subdivided into other organizations yet.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's are hella scared of you. You make people poop their own hearts after all. And you're in league with Asmodeus. And by screaming Zoboomafoo while spinning in place you can turn people into lemur puppets who do your bidding. Or so everyone says.

LORDS OF THE JUNGLE IN THE GAME
    Being an outlaw with powers resembling those of a legendary cryptid means you will be something of a weirdness magnet.
    Adaptation: This is most definitely meant for silly campaigns.
    Encounters: Lords of the Jungle are usually only encountered near the bases of Cat Burglar Guilds operating as jungle bandits.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been hired to protect a jungle caravan. From monkeys. You suspect the easy money is a lil too easy.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC LORD OF THE JUNGLE

Hit Die: d8
    Skills Points at Each Level :4 + int
    Kitty Form (Cong) At Level 21 you become a giant Dire Ape sized creature with a cat's face. You also gain the following abilities: Low Light Vision, Scent, a Primary Claw Attack (1d8 plus Str Modifier), and a Secondary Bite Attack (1d10 plus 1/2 Str Modifier). You get 1 Bite and 2 Claw attacks with a Full Attack Action. Your stats are modified as follows: +8 Str, -8 Dex (minimum Dex is 3), and you gain a +8 Natural AC Bonus. You become Size Class Huge. You may now use Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Open Lock, and Use Rope as normal, but with a -2 circumstance penalty do to misshapen pawlike hands. You cant swing from trees in this form but do get a +16 Circumstance Bonus to Jump Checks. You become Size Class Huge, giving you a -2 Size Modifier to AC and Attack rolls, a -8 Size Modifier to Hide Checks, and a +8 Size Modifier to Bull Rush/Grapple/Overrun/Trip Checks. Your lifting and carrying limits are quadruple those of a Medium Size PC, you occupy a 15' Space, and your effective Reach is 15'.

At Level 24 you become a bigger giant Dire Ape sized creature with a cat's face. You also gain the following abilities: Low Light Vision, Scent, a Primary Claw Attack (2d6 plus Str Modifier), and a Secondary Bite Attack (2d8 plus 1/2 Str Modifier). You get 1 Bite and 2 Claw attacks with a Full Attack Action. Your stats are modified as follows: +16 Str, -16 Dex (minimum Dex is 3), and you gain a +12 Natural AC Bonus. You become Size Class Gargantuan. You may now use Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Open Lock, and Use Rope as normal, but with a -2 circumstance penalty do to misshapen pawlike hands. You cant swing from trees in this form but do get a +24 Circumstance Bonus to Jump Checks. You become Size Class Gargantuan, giving you a -4 Size Modifier to AC and Attack rolls, a -12 Size Modifier to Hide Checks, and a +12 Size Modifier to Bull Rush/Grapple/Overrun/Trip Checks. Your lifting and carrying limits are eight times those of a Medium Size PC, you occupy a 20' Space, and your effective Reach is 20'.

At Level 27 you become a bigger giant Dire Ape sized creature with a cat's face. You also gain the following abilities: Low Light Vision, Scent, a Primary Claw Attack (3d6 plus Str Modifier), and a Secondary Bite Attack (3d8 plus 1/2 Str Modifier). You get 1 Bite and 2 Claw attacks with a Full Attack Action. Your stats are modified as follows: +24 Str, -24 Dex (minimum Dex is 3), and you gain a +18 Natural AC Bonus. You become Size Class Colossal. You may now use Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Open Lock, and Use Rope as normal, but with a -2 circumstance penalty do to misshapen pawlike hands. You cant swing from trees in this form but do get a +32 Circumstance Bonus to Jump Checks. You become Size Class Colossal, giving you a -8 Size Modifier to AC and Attack rolls, a -16 Size Modifier to Hide Checks, and a +16 Size Modifier to Bull Rush/Grapple/Overrun/Trip Checks. Your lifting and carrying limits are eight times those of a Medium Size PC, you occupy a 30' Space, and your effective Reach is 30'.

Bonus Feats: The Epic Lord of the Jungle gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th

New Kitty Feats

Orangutan's Orifice
    You are known for eating fruit containing strychnine...
    Prerequisites: Con 13+, Kitty Form (Cat Faced Gorilla)
    Benefits: You are immune to ingested poisons, magical or otherwise.

Bull Bonobo
    You am quite tough.
    Prerequisites: Con 13+, Kitty Form (Cat Faced Gorilla)
    Benefits: Your Natural Armor Bonus to AC increases in Kitty Form by an amount equal to the Dexterity you lose. For example in Cat Faced Gorilla form you take -2 Dex, your Natural Armor Bonus to AC would increase by +2.

Cacophonous Chimp
    Your voice drives the bad guys away.
    Prerequisites: Gorilla Dust
    Benefits: When using your Gorilla Dust ability, you may choose between having your opponent Shaken for 1d4 rounds, or unable to approach within 10' of you for 1d4 rounds.

Menacing Macaque
    You have the worst of reputations, and as such people are quite afraid of you.
    Prerequisites: Gorilla Dust
    Benefits: When using your Gorilla Dust ability your opponent now becomes Panicked instead of Shaken.

Goofery Gibbon
    People find you harmless and like to watch your antics.
    Prerequisites: Kitty Form (Cat Faced Monkey)
    Benefits: As a Full Round Action you can make a Perform (Antics) Check, and anything watching you must make a Willpower Save (DC is equal to Perform Check). If they fail they may not attack you this round, and will instead passively watch you Fascinated unless there is an obvious nearby danger (in which case they still won't attack you).

ZOBOOMAFOO!
    People have heard you can scream a magical word that makes them do odd things. And they believe it enough that it actually works.
    Prerequisites: Kitty Form (Cat Faced Monkey)
    Benefits: When using your Gorilla Dust ability, you may choose between having your opponent Shaken for 1d4 rounds, or Confused instead as they hallucinate they're now puppets or some other weirdness...
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-12-17 at 04:57 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

anyone willing to photoshop a cat faced monkey?
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

IL?
    Initiator Level, the equivalent measure of power for martial adepts.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

edited that in already

got some crunch up on the new one too
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

I like this shift in PrC design with the Lord of the Jungle, as it feels better designed than just advancing a trio of features with a capstone, all of which felt rather static. Not that that can't work but delving a bit outside the box on that front shows some major improvement and style. Great Job!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

thank u!

got non epic abilities odne
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

epic abilities up, new feats to come soon
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

epic abilities up, new feats to come soon
    The final Cong has Collossal stats but says its Gargantuan, like the last advance.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

fixed. one more feat, and the Lord is done
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

PINK PANTHER

Photo by Norr

"________."

You are that rarest of big cats, the Pink Panther, worth your own weight in diamonds in a small market for exotic pets and private zoos owned by the rich and eccentric. You're also a pretty darn good jewel thief.

BECOMING A PINK PANTHER
    The appropriate kitty forms will do you.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Kitty Form: Bigger Cat Form
    Enhanced Kitty Form: Pink Panther Form, Spidercat
    Skills: Appraise 8 ranks, Hide 12 ranks, Move Silently 12 ranks
    Feats: Cattitude

Class Skills
    The Pink Panther's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Nobility and Royalty) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Trap Resistance
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Worth Your Weight in Gold
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Your Own Personal Theme Music
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Improved Trap Resistance
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    A Certain Coolness Factor
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    Your Own Personal Theme Music
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Superior Trap Resistance
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    Hide in Plain Sight
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Your Own Personal Theme Music
    10.+7    +3     +7     +3    Too Cool For You
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Pink Panther gains no new Weapon or Armor Proficiencies.

Trap Resistance (Su):
    At 1st Level, if you would normally set off a trap due to a failed Save, you get to roll 1d20 plus 1/2 your Hit Dice, plus your Charisma modifier. If this total is higher than the Trap’s Save DC, the trap activates after you have passed through it's area of effect instead. If the Trap makes an Attack roll instead of requiring a Save, compare (10 plus the Traps Attack Bonus) to (your Armor Class +4). If you have the higher number, it still doesn't activate until you pass (if not it attacks like normal). If it allows no Save and makes no Attack roll, you pass it unharmed and it activates afterward.

Worth Your Weight in Gold (Ex): Pink Panthers are fairly rare and exotic cats (mostly because they don't exist other than you). No one wants to see you dead since having a live Pink Panther is worth too much. So unless you attack them first, they will in no way use lethal force against you. This is effectively identical to a Sanctuary Spell except the Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 your Hit Dice plus your Charisma Modifier, it's permanently in effect, is not Supernatural, and doesn't prevent them from using attacks that would not harm you or ruin your pelt (you need to look spiffy and undamaged for the zoo). Harm is defined as any attack that would permanently main or disable or scar/mutilate you. This includes lethal damage, ability damage/drain, energy drain, death effects, etc. Also, your use of non-lethal attacks doesn't break the effect (lethal in this case having the same definition for attacks they would use against you).

Your Own Personal Theme Music (Su): Beginning at Level 3, when in Pink Panther Form, your jazz soundtrack no longer makes Hide and Move Silently Checks impossible (nor does it provide a penalty), much to the vast amusement of people watching someone try to find you.

At Level 6 your Spell Resistance in Pink Panther Form includes spells which are Language Dependent, and it increases by +2.

At Level 9 you automatically Dispel and spells that reduce or eliminate noise such as Silence when you come within 30' of them. It would seem counter-intuitive but Permanent Silence spells are often part of the traps used against thieves in the area of the world you live in.

Improved Trap Resistance (Su): At 4th Level, if you successfully make your Trap Resistance roll (or avoid the Trap because it allows no Save, or beat it's attack roll in the comparison test), you may decide whether the trap goes off at all. If you let it activate you can delay activation up to 5 rounds after you leave it's area of effect. For Traps with Attack rolls you now compare (10 plus the Traps Attack Bonus) to (your Armor Class +6).

A Certain Coolness Factor (Su): You can make Disable Device or Open Lock Checks in Kitty form as a Standard Action by swatting the object with your paw.

Superior Trap Resistance (Su): At 7th Level, if you successfully make your Trap Resistance roll (or avoid the Trap because it allows no Save, or beat it's attack roll in the comparison test), you may choose a set of conditions which automatically cause the Trap to go off until a Remove Curse, Miracle, or Wish is cast on it. Or optionally you can choose a set of conditions (such as a password) which cause the trap to not go ff as well. For Traps with Attack rolls you now compare (10 plus the Traps Attack Bonus) to (your Armor Class +8).

Hide in Plain Sight (Su): You may now use Hide even in plain sight while being observed, regardless of whether or not there is anything you can actually hide behind.

Too Cool For You (Su): You now permanently have the benefits of a Freedom of Movement Spell. In addition you do not take Skill Check penalties on Balance, Climb, Hide, or Move Silently Checks while moving at full speed.

PLAYING A PINK PANTHER
    You are the epitome of cool. You know it, and you make darn sure other people do too. Mostly by walking in their front door in plain sight accompanied by nifty jazz music, stealing all their jewelry, and yet somehow escaping unobserved without setting off a single trap.
    Combat: You're a lover, not a fighter. Despite your size, you get in, get the job done, and then run for it. If fighting is required, you leave that job to someone else. You're a thief.
    Advancement: Panthers are fairly individualistic. Despite being nonconformist, you are generally remarkably similar in your abilities though with only some variation.
    Resources: You pretty much have to steal what you want unless you've sold a former haul and are currently well off enough to afford what you need for the next one.

PINK PANTHERS IN THE WORLD
    "When I went on my first zsrafari... frazari... wild animal hunt..."
    By day you are a pet of the significantly wealthy. By night you steal their bling. Then you leave and hope they assume someone has stolen their super rare and valuable pet as well,.
    Daily Life: You live long periods of time in the wilderness hoping some rich butthead sends a safari out to catch you so you can live a short pampered existence whilst figuring out where he keeps his stash of diamonds. Then it's a brief night of terror whilst you heist them and escape, and many booze filled dreamless nights before you repeat the cycle. Seriously, you need help.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Most Pink Panthers tend to be loners, though they usually have ties to small Cat Burglar Guilds who trained them that they still owe fealty to.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's tend to hate you if they're rich, and love you if they're poor because you steal from the rich.

PINK PANTHERS IN THE GAME
    This assumes a combat light campaign played for whimsy and shenanigans more than bloodshed.
    Adaptation: This is definitely meant for silly campaigns.
    Encounters: PC's will usually encounter Pink Panthers on jewelry heists, either as competition or companions.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been hired to guard a giant pink diamond, and the equally giant pink cat that goes with it. Apparently both of them are valuable enough the owner will burn cities to get them back if stolen. No pressure.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC PINK PANTHER

Hit Die: d8
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Pink Panther gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-01-05 at 11:27 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

minor update to panther, sorry for the delays
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

minor update to panther, sorry for the delays
    As long as the sample character is named Jacques Clouseau.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    As long as the sample character is named Jacques Clouseau.
    But Clouseau always chasedded da pantha!
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Trap Resistance (Su): At 1st Level, if you would normally set off a trap, you get to roll 1d20 plus 1/2 your Hit Dice, plus your Charisma modifier. If this total is higher than the Trap’s Save DC, the trap activates after you have passed through it's area of effect instead.

So basically a nerfed extra saving throw before your main save. Probably needs to be slightly higher, or qualify as a 4th save type. This would allow your Cloak of Resistance and such to provide their bonuses. It is pretty specialized and there are two other features that build on it, so it should probably be pretty powerful.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

I reworded it a lil. What do you think of the level 2 ability?
    Orcs and Goblins