New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cat Fans Unite and PEACH II: Moar Kittehs!

Does the ability to gain sneak-dice from STEALTH POWAH! need to be limited to once per round to prevent insane stacking?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

the wording says you can lose 'a' spell per round so it is limited.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

cute kitty has some fluff
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

cute kitty just needs caster levels. any thoughts?
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

getting a head start

SNUGGLY KITTY

"Come here punkin, mommy will kiss it better."

Snugly Kitties are worshipers of Mawm, dedicated to supporting the vulnerable and making their lives better. Healing and assistance for the needy are a big part of their religion and thusly they make for good PR for cats (and incidentally the Guilds).

BECOMING A SNUGGLY KITTY
    You must be a worshiper of Mawm, which means you need to be an all around nice kitty.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Spellcasting: Must be able to cast spells from the Cleric list of Level 2 or higher.
    Patron: Mawm
    Class Abilities: Lick Your Wounds
    Skills: Diplomacy 4 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks
    Alignment: Must be Good.
    Feats: Augment Healing

Class Skills
    The SNuggly Kitties class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Arcane, Local, Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Kiss the Boo Boo, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Cuddles, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Leave My Kids Alone!, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Band Aid, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Adoption
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Leave My Kids Alone!, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Who Needs Hugs?, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Ranged Snuggles, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Leave My Kids Alone!, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Puhfeshnal Mawm, +1 Level of Existing Divine Casting Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Snuggly Kitty gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Kiss the Boo Boo (Su): At 1st Level you may always Take 10 on Heal Checks.

Cuddles (Su): Spells you cast from the Healing subschool heal an additional amount of damage equal to your Charisma Bonus.

Leave My Kids Alone! (Su): From now on all Allies within 30' get a +1 Sacred Bonus on Willpower Saves. At Level 6 they also get the Bonus with Fortitude Saves. At Level 9 the Bonus increases to +2.

Band Aid (Su): At 4th Level you may always Take 20 on Heal Checks.

Adoption (Su): Once per day you may choose one Ally within 60'. For the next 24 hours all spells you cast on that Ally from the Healing subschool are considered to have been cast with the Maximize Spell Feat.

Who Needs Hugs? (Su): This ability mimics the Deathwatch spell except it is permanent, and functions within a 60' radius. You also know if they are suffering from a curse (as in the spell Bestow Curse), Paralysis, Disease, Poison, or Energy/Ability Drain.

Ranged Snuggles (Su): All spells from the Healing Subschool you cast that have a Range of Touch now have a range of Close (25' plus 5'/2 levels.

Puhfeshnal Mawm (Su): Choose 3 Charisma based skills. You get a Sacred Bonus to those skills equal to half your Snuggly Kitty Level.

PLAYING A SNUGGLY KITTY
    You are everyone's surrogate mom. Sometimes they come to you for advice before going to their actual mom! You have enough of a reputation as a matchmaker, advice giver, etc that even Evil beings sometimes seek you out in moments of soul searching.
    Combat: Combat is not your thing. You prefer to remain neutral in conflicts, and make sure everyone is taken care of afterwards. Most Snuggly Kitties are pacifists unless cornered.
    Advancement: You tend to try to accumulate networks of relationships to better help those in need, so much of your time will be spent working on acquiring friends for other friends as opposed to developing temporal power.
    Resources: You can ask just about any cat or Cat Burglar for aid, and those you have helped in the past usually look on you quite favorably.

SNUGGLY KITTIES IN THE WORLD
    "She's off limits. You can kill everyone else, but the fluffy white cat is no touchee."
    The world thinks of you quite well, generally because you deserve it's well wishes. You've been fairly selfless over the years, and generally give good advice so people respect that.
    Daily Life: Much of your time is spent providing for the needy, or arranging to provide for the needy.
    Notables:
    Organizations: You belong to a Church obviously as you're a Cleric. You probably also belong to a Cat Burglar Guild.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's love Snuggly Kitties, even some that would seem unlikely too such as Lich Lords.

SNUGGLY KITTIES IN THE GAME
    Snuggly Kitties are generally pretty Good. Not Lawful Stupid like most Paladins or Self-Righteous Good like many Clerics, but actual Good, meaning many other disruptive types of potential PC's will clash with them.
    Adaptation: This is generally meant for silly campaigns.
    Encounters: Snuggly Kitties are generally encountered at home, church, or on their rounds.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The Pc's are hired by a small village to guard their wisest and most respected elder: small cat. Their pretty sure something is odd here...

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC SNUGGLY KITTY

Hit Die: d6
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Snuggly Kitty gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-04-15 at 10:52 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    cute kitty just needs caster levels. any thoughts?
    Looks Full Caster compliant to me, though 8 or 9/10 wouldn't be wrong, either.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Now editing in snuggly kitty
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

snuggly kitty has initial crunch and just needs caster levels. Sorry about being slow my hard drive is still dying and i need to get everything off it before it does.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks 8-9/10 casting to me.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

CURIOUS KITTIES

"Curiosity is lying in wait for every secret."

Curious Kitties are servants of Outside Cat, always getting into things everyone else considers none of their bidness. They consider anything happening in their territory something the need to know about and act as a sort of early detection system for the Guilds.

BECOMING A CURIOUS KITTY
    You must worship Outside Cat

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Spellcasting: Must be able to cast spells from the Cleric list of Level 2 or higher.
    Patron: Outside Cat
    Class Abilities: Burglaring (Trapfinding)
    Skills: Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks, and 4 ranks in one of the following (Listen, Search, or Spot)
    Feats: Keen-Eared Scout

Class Skills
    The Curious Kitty's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Nature, Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    AHA!, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Distraction
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Uncanny Dodge, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Improved AHA!, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Improved Distraction
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    Improved Uncanny Dodge, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    AHA! 2: The Wrath of AHA!, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    Superior Distraction
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Superior Uncanny Dodge, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    10.+7    +3     +7     +3    You Can't Fool A Cat, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Curious Kitty gains no new Weapon or Armor proficiencies.

AHA! (Su): 3 times per day you may gain an Insight Bonus equal to your Charisma Modifier on any roll as a Free Action.

Distraction (Su): You have learned to use your antics to maximum effect for distracting opponents since you personally have Insight to what distracts people the most. Opponents within 30' take an Insight Penalty on all Initiative Rolls and Concentration Checks.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex):
    Identical to the Rogue Ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Improved AHA! (Su): You may now use AHA! up to five times per day, or allow an Ally within 60' to use it as a Swift Action.

Improved Distraction (Su): At 5th Level the Penalty extends to all Wisdom based Checks.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Identical to the Rogue Ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

AHA! 2: The Wrath of AHA! (Su): You may now use AHA! up to 8 times per day. You also permanently gain your Cha Bonus on all Listen, Search and Spot Checks in addition to your Wisdom.

Superior Distraction (Su): At 8th Level your Opponents lose all Insight Bonuses within 30' of you.

Superior Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Opponents with Sneak Attack cannot use it against you anymore unless they are eight Levels higher than you. You also permanently gain an Insight Bonus to your AC equal to your Wis modifier.

You Can't Fool A Cat (Su): You now permanently gain the benefits of the True Seeing spell.

PLAYING A CURIOUS KITTY
    The world is your business. Or at least the small patch of it you call your own. Anything happening in that area 'requires' your attention. Actually just about anything in your vicinity does. No matter what people are doing they look up to see your little face watching them.
    Combat: You aren't a fighter, though sometimes you perch on a fence nearby and provide running commentary.
    Advancement: Mostly you excel as a sneaky information gatherer and spy. And your choices in career path generally tend to fall into whatever helps you with your natural inclinations.
    Resources: Your Church is not resource rich, so you are usually left to your own craftiness.

CURIOUS KITTIES IN THE WORLD
    "Creatures whose mainspring is curiosity enjoy the accumulating of facts far more than the pausing at times to reflect on those facts. "
    Most people assume you're a stray begging for food or causing trouble. SO for the most part they shoo you off, although you have to beat down the occasional anti-cat sociopath.
    Daily Life: Most of your time is spent rambling around poking your nose into stuff with your evenings reserved for gossiping about your day. Oh, and our church duties of course.
    Notables:
    Organizations: You belong to a Cat Burglar Guild, and your Church. You don't have time for much else.

NPC Reaction
    Reaction to you depends on how people feel about stray cats, because thats what most of them perceive you as.

CURIOUS KITTIES IN THE GAME
    This assumes you don't want to play a combative PC. If you want heavy fighting, a different PrC is for you.
    Adaptation: This is meant for silly campaigns but could be used in darker ones.
    Encounters: Curious Kitties can be encountered anywhere in most urban cities where alley cats are common.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's find it amusing that a small kitten seems obsessed with their packs. If only they knew...

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC CURIOUS KITTIES

Bonus Feats: The Epic Curious Kitty gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-05-14 at 10:38 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

So... do you want to make the eventual Cat Burglar+Grace-Gift PrC or should I? Although the Snuggly Kitteh is close.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2012-04-16 at 12:19 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the lateness apparently the 503 error ate my former post.

If you wanna do it I wont object you know the GG better than i do.
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Sorry for the lateness apparently the 503 error ate my former post.

If you wanna do it I wont object you know the GG better than i do.
    Well, by the same token, you know the cat-burglar better than I do... still it makes sense.

Will see if anything strikes me at some point. Currently getting to playtest the Grace-Gift now, which should increase my confidence in the class one way or the other (either I will change it, or I will become more certain that it doesn't need to be changed).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2012-04-27 at 03:56 PM.
    Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

We shall await playtest results then
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Curious Kitty just needs caster levels
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

caster levels added. 7 seem ok?

MISCHIEVOUS KITTY

"Whatcha doin' big fat nasty Ork mans?"

The Mischievous Kitties are the high priests of Goober (if such a thing is possible).

BECOMING A MISCHIEVOUS KITTY
    You must worship Goober.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Patron: Goober
    Class Abilities: Kitty Magic (Hey! Hey Over Here!!)
    Skills: Perform (Kitty) 4 ranks, Religion 4 ranks
    Feats: Practiced Kitty

Class Skills
    The Mischievous Kitty's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcane, Local, Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    What's Mine is Mine, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Goodies!, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    I'm Out, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    What's Yours is Mine, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Paw in the Cookie Jar, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Fickle Paw of Fate, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    What's Mine Can be Yours for a Price, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Suck it Noob, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Wasn't Me, +1 level in existing Divine casting class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    The Daily Screwjob
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Mischievous Kitty gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

What's Mine is Mine (Su): You can designate 1 item or object per point of Charisma Modifier as "yours" as long as it has been in your possession at least 24 hours. If taken from you, it will teleport back to you the next round (or optionally into your Collar of Holding if you have one. It must be an item you can carry. For example, anything you could wear or use. You cannot designate living creatures or constructs, and you can't designate something bigger than yourself.

Goodies! (Su): By looking at one creature within 60 feet you gain an immediate inventory of what is on his person. This will not go into true specifics. For example if he has a dagger hidden in his boot, you will know that. You will not know it is a +2 Unholy Vorpal Dagger. If he has money one his person you will know he has money, but not how many pieces. This is a Standard Action.

I'm Out (Su): If no one is looking at you, you may Dimension Door at will. You may only use it to teleport to locations you can see. Basically you can disappear when no one is watching you.

What's Yours is Mine (Su): You may teleport 1 item on any creature within 60 feet as a Standard Action if it fails a Willpower Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier). If you are wearing a Collar of Holding it may go into the collar instead of appearing on you. If it is within your possession for 24 hours you may designate it with your 3rd level ability. If your opponent makes his Save, he is not alerted that anything has happened. If he successfully saves at least twice he is immune to this ability for 24 hours.

Paw in the Cookie Jar (Su): This works the same as What’s Yours Is Mine! but as a Standard Action you may teleport all their coins and gems. Also, when using your Goodies ability, you may now detect whether or not an item is magical.

Fickle Paw of Fate: You may cast Prestidigitation at will with the following changes: You may color/clean/soil/chill/warm/flavor up to 10 pounds a round. You can move up to your light encumbrance up to 10 feet a round. Doing any of this is a Move Action. You may also open/close, lock/unlock any doors/windows/cupboards/etc as a Swift Action. Objects you create can be any non magical item up to 5 GP, and aren't fragile so they may be used normally (and aren't crude or fake looking). They only last 1 hour (which means if you create food this way, the people who ate it become hungry again in an hour). You may spoil 1 pound of food or water per round making it inedible. Anyone trying to eat it must make a Fortitude Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier), or be Nauseated 1d3 rounds. Creating Objects or spoiling food is a Move Action. You may also light/douse flames no bigger than a torch within 60 feet as a Move Action. 5 times per day you may duplicate the effects of daze, flare, ghost sound, touch of fatigue, or message as a Standard Action.

What's Mine Can be Yours for a Price (Su): Similar to What’s Yours Is Mine, but instead you can teleport items or living creatures you are touching onto the victim. Total weight must be equal to your Light Encumbrance or less. If you wish you can teleport it inside their clothing or armor (beware the weasel in your shorts), or onto them (i.e. you can put a ring on their finger or a vest on their torso).

Suck it Noob: 3 times per day you may choose 1 opponent within 60 feet that is about to make any roll (you must choose before he rolls). He must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or he rolls a "1".

Wasn't Me: A number of rounds per day equal to their Charisma modifier a Mischievous Kitty may appear to be simply doing nothing while actually performing another action. He could use this to appear to be sleeping by a door while he's actually listening at it or using a device to open the lock. He could appear to be napping on the princess’s lap while using a magic device to dominate her. This is a Free Action to turn on or off. Opponents with true seeing or that can see through Illusions somehow are not affected by this. If an opponent interacts with or studies it carefully he can make a Will Save to disbelieve (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Cha Modifier).

The Daily Screwjob (Su): Three times per day as a Supernatural Ability you can cast Wish, but can only use it to mimic or undo harmful spells. Harmful is defined as inflicting damage or any negative condition. You also no longer need to make Use Magic Item Checks to activate items you designate as 'yours' with What's Mine is Mine.

PLAYING A MISCHIEVOUS KITTY
    YOU LIKE PIE! YOU LIKE TO HOLLER THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS! YOU STEAL YARD GNOMES AND POOP IN DIFFICULT TO REACH PLACES! YAAAH!!!

Or something like that.
    Combat: You aren't really built for combat. You mostly cause trouble during fights or hide while cheering on your side.
    Advancement: Advancement for Mischievous Kitties varies widely depending on their personal quirks. Some are goofballs, some are dedicated mischief makers, some are just nuts. Beyond their propensity for shenanigans they're difficult to pigeonhole.
    Resources: You have the Guild, the Church, and of course anyone who feels sorry for you.

MISCHIEVOUS KITTIES IN THE WORLD
    "WTF is wrong with that cat?"
    You interact with the world in odd and unusual ways that sometimes only make sense to lunatics or the brain damaged. In other words you.
    Daily Life: Most of your day is spent getting into trouble. The rest is spent getting out of trouble.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Goobers minions don't belong to any formal organizations beyond the Guild and Church.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's think you're funny as long as the damage you do befalls someone else. Someone at a distance.

MISCHIEVOUS KITTIES IN THE GAME
    This PrC is meant for troublemaking. In the hands of the right player it can be ... interesting.
    Adaptation: This is definitely meant for silly campaigns.
    Encounters: Mischievous Kitties can be found just about anywhere doing just about anything.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are playing bouncers at a local bar when a small cat pees on a local mobster and motorboats his girlfriend before insulting his race and doing a little dance on the stage.

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC MISCHIEVOUS KITTY

Bonus Feats: The Epic Mischievous Kitty gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-06-13 at 09:33 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

mischievous kitty has fluff, will get crunch soon
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

thoughts on caster levels for the Mischievous Kitty?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #649
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mischievous kitties look fun, but not altogether powerful on their own. I say full or maybe with one spellcasting level lost at level 10.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm... the cheesiest thing to use the "+Infinity to UMD for certain items" thing on would be spellbooks... or more practically, scrolls, which, if I am reading the UMD rules right could require a DC 24 followed by a DC 29 check to use something you haven't managed to decrypt in advance and don't have a 19 in the correct mental ability score.
    Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

SCARED KITTIES

"YOU MAK...aw screw it you know the line..."

Scared Kitties are the enforcement wing of Ceiling Cat. Despite the name they aren't particularly frightened. They're called that for their tendency to summon help when problems arise. Which let's face it is something we'd al do if we were master summoners.

BECOMING A SCARED KITTY
    Being a Cleric of the appropriate deity is all that's required really.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Patron: The Great Kitteh in da Sky
    Class Abilities: Kitty Magic (Super Scamper Powers)
    Skills: Knowledge (Local, Religion) 4 ranks
    Feats: Augment Summoning

Class Skills
    The Scared Kitties class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcane, Local, Nobility, Religion), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    HELP!, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Dog Free Zone, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Augment Kitteh, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    HELP!, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Dog Free Zone, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Augment Kitteh, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    HELP!, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Dog Free Zone, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Augment Kitteh, +1 level of existing Divine casting class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    I Reject Your Reality and Substitute My Own
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Scared Kitty gets no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

HELP! (Su): At Level 1, Summon Feline I-IX are added to your Cleric spell list. You may 'lose' a spell you have prepared to cast a Summon Feline spell of the same level.

At level 4 you can communicate telepathically with all Allies you have Summoned within 100'.

At Level 7 you may cast any Summon Feline spell as though it were cast with the Quicken Spell Feat 3 times per day. Yes you may combine this with the Level 1 ability to spontaneously cast.

Dog Free Zone (Su): Spells from the Summon or Calling sub-schools cast by Opponents in squares adjacent to or occupied by you automatically fail (they are still considered expended for the day) unless they are at least twice your Level.

At Level 5 your Dog Free Zone extends another 5'.

At Level 8 any creatures Summoned or Called via Spell, Spell-Like Ability, or Supernatural Ability must make a Willpower Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) to attack you or enter your Dog Free Zone.

Augment Kitteh (Su): At 3rd Level creatures you Summon via your Summon Feline spell gain a +2 Dodge Bonus to AC (this stacks with other Dodge Bonuses).

At 6th Level the Dodge Bonus increases to +4.

At 9th Level you may cast spells with a Target of 'Personal' on any creature you have Summoned via a Summon Feline Spell as long as it is within 30'.

I Reject Your Reality and Substitute My Own (Su): Opponents within 30' of you who wish to cast a spell from the Conjuration school must make an Opposed Level Check or the spell fails.

PLAYING A SCARED KITTY
    Your job is to watch over all cat kind and their allies and keep them safe (as well as oppose the evil minions of Basement Cat). Either you or the Watchcats sound the alarm and you summon troops until the rest of the Guild or Church can arrive to save the day.
    Combat: You don't fight. You summon fighters and lead from the rear while disrupting the enemies lines. You keep watch on whats happening and take steps to prevent catastrophe.
    Advancement: Most Scared Kitties advance along similar lines. They want to protect their charges and as such they usually practice to simply become ever better at what they already know.
    Resources: Scared Kitties are particularly beloved of both the Church, the Guild, and the community at large so you have access to whatever people can provide if it's needed.

SCARED KITTIES IN THE WORLD
    "Don't tick that cat off. Last guy ticked him off had critters drop on him outta the sky."
    But for the enemies of catkind you are quite beloved. You keep the lil kitties safe. You keep the evil Basement Cats from taking over da world. Whats not to love?
    Daily Life: Your days are spent honing your skills in between shifts on watch duty.
    Notables:
    Organizations: As usual you have ties to both the Church and the Guilds. You also do lots of networking for purposes of gaining allies.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's tend to love you even if you do occasionally ask them to stick their neck out and do you a favor.

SCARED KITTIES IN THE GAME
    This class assumes you are a well respected member of the cat community and the closest thing they have to a holy man. In other words you'll be expected to behave a certain way or get shunned or kicked out.
    Adaptation: Definitely meant for silly campaigns.
    Encounters: Usually found at churches for the Cat pantheon or at Guild strongholds.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are guarding a grain storage facility when they seem some cats squabbling when suddenly giant Sabre Tooth's start popping up out of nowhere to chase one side off. A small cat saunters over and says "You saw nothing."

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

EPIC SCARED KITTY

Bonus Feats: The Epic Scared Kitty gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-07-16 at 11:37 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

any thoughts on dog free zone?
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Dog Free Zone shouldn't affect creatures with more than double your HD (though they can probably succeed on the saving throw regardless).

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-06-23 at 12:12 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Debbies!!!! *hugs*
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

The 7th level HELP! ability could perhaps use clarification that it DOES work with the spontaneous casting (it does, right?).

Dog Free Zone needs to be more clear about the fact that it effects any SUMMONERS within the range (which is actually kind of odd, and makes me wonder if I am misreading, in which case it needs to be clarified in the other direction), not any SUMMONS that would appear partially or completely within the area.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2012-06-25 at 08:05 PM.
    Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

How's it look now?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Looks good on the two issues I brought up. Wording on the first is a little informal (And maybe needs a comma after "Yes"), but that fits with the overall feel of the thread.
    Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

scared kitty just needs caster levels. anyone have thoughts on teh abilities?
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

Was considering making a Cat Burglar+Grace-gift class. As such I was reading the version 2 in the first thread.

Two comments/questions, both about Kitty Form IX:
    Do defensive Flurries really allow infinite AC if you don't mind infinite to-hit and damage penalties? I assume the AC bonus lasts one round? It would hardly be broken at that high a level, but it is rather odd.

What is the magnitude of Snuggly Kitties bonus to-hit from Smack Badguy? Equal to charisma mod I assume?
    Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Were on version 3 of the cat burglar now

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=972
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-06-28 at 10:19 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins