New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cat Fans Unite and PEACH II: Moar Kittehs!

I was gonna keep this a s'prise, but what the heck: Over at the BG Forums I had a request to do some crossover PrC's with three homebrew classes here:

The Engineer: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114229 (Kitty Snipers)

The Wisp Fire Guide: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106072& (Bastard Kittehs)

and The Harrowed: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118467& (Kitty Witches)

Everyone has given me permission to use their material so far cept Lord Gareth so expect these with the new PrC's when I finish revising the old ones.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

AWESOME! That will be so cool. Can't wait!
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    AWESOME! That will be so cool. Can't wait!
    Ditto.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Arrr, sorry about not postin' this sooner, but in honor o' TLAPD, ye should be makin' a PrC that combines tha Cat Burglar an' the Swashbuckler! Yo ho ho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

There are future plans for a pirate kitteh...
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

SHORT PAW CLAN

"Softee Paw Kung Fu is for sissies! Short Paw Kung Fu rules!"

The Short Paws are a Cat Burglar Ninja clan that has held to the traditional Ninja art of kickin' behind. Screw blackmailing people they're out to beat them up. What kind of ninja kitteh doesn't attack people in the night?

BECOMING A SHORT PAW
    A few levels each of Ninja and Cat Burglar will pretty much get you in the running for this PrC.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form, Sudden Strike +2d6
    Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike, Nekochan
    Skills: Concentration 6 ranks, Tumble 6 ranks
    Special: Must have been born to, or sponsored by a member of, the Short Paw Ninja Clan.

Class Skills
    The Short Paw's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Short Paw Kung Fu (Paw of Horrifying Death)
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Bad Reputation +2
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    The Fine Art of Kicking ___
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Short Paw Kung Fu (Paw of Instructional Dismemberment)
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Bad Reputation +4
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    The Fine Art of Kicking ___
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Short Paw Kung Fu (Paw of Gentle Rebuke)
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    Bad Reputation +6
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    The Fine Art of Kicking ___
    10.+7    +3     +7     +3    Paw of the Fluffy Kitten
    Weapon Proficiencies: Short Paws gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Short Paw Kung Fu (Ex): At 1st level the Ninja learns the Paw of Horrifying Death. In reality the Paw of Horrifying Death is meant merely to spread fear among the populace and does no more damage than a regular unarmed strike despite how horrifying it looks. By expending one daily use of his Ki Power while making an Unarmed Strike his opponent and all Enemies within 20 feet (including the guy hit) must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma modifier) or be Frightened 1 round.

At 4th level he learns the Paw of Instructional Dismemberment. As before this isn't as horrible as it sounds. By expending one daily use of his Ki Power while making an unarmed strike his opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma modifier) or be Paralyzed for 1d3 rounds as all his nerve endings explode in pain. Okay maybe it is kinda bad as it sounds.

At 7th level he learns the Paw of Gentle Rebuke. This one is actually kinda bad. By expending one daily use of his Ki Power while making an unarmed strike his opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma modifier) or be thrown back 5 feet for every point he failed the save by. For example if the Save DC is 15, and the opponent rolls a 10, he goes flying 25 feet. If he hits a solid object he stops, and takes 1d6 damage for every 10 feet he would have traveled, and is Dazed the next round.

Bad Reputation (Ex): At level 2 the Short Paw gains a +2 Competence Bonus to Intimidate checks. This increases to +4 at level 5, and +6 at level 8.

The Fine Art of Kicking ___ (Ex): At levels 3, 6, and 9 choose one of the following opposed checks: Bull Rush, Disarm, Grapple, Overrun, and Trip. In place of your regular check you can make an Intimidation check instead to succeed.

Paw of the Fluffy Kitten (Ex): As would be expected the final lesson learned by the Short Paw is a devastating attack. The Short Paw makes a melee touch attack as a Full Round Action (and expends 2 daily uses of his Ki Power). The strike does massive damage if it hits as the Short Paw puts all his concentration and power into it, usually taking advantage of an opponents weakened condition. The strike does normal Unarmed Strike damage plus an additional 50 points of damage. If the opponent Charged this round it does +5 damage. If the opponent is under the effects of any spell that makes it angry such as Rage or Taunt it does another +5 damage. If the opponent has a penalty to Armor Class due to a Class Ability (such as Rage, Frenzy, or some Tome of Battle Maneuvers) it does +10 more damage. If the opponent is Dazed, Stunned, Fascinated, Nauseated, Confused, or Feebleminded it does +10 more damage. If the opponent has any conditions that cause it to take penalties (Fatigued, Exhausted, Cursed, Sickened, Shaken) or is under any Fear effect it does +5 more damage. If the attack does a successful Critical, the opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or become Unconscious 1 round. All these modifiers stack. So if an opponent is Shaken, Feebleminded, and Stunned (and happens to be a Barbarian during Rage) he takes +90 damage.

PLAYING A SHORT PAW
    You were born to beat people up. You relish being able to beat down lumbering, thuglike samurai with a single paw. And you let them know it to. Every day. In every way possible. Especially when they're sleeping...
    Combat: Most Short Paw Ninjas concentrate on perfecting their mastery of Short Paw Kung Fu. Not much point in being a butt-kicker for hire if you can't actually kick butt. You also has that reputation to uphold.
    Advancement: Most Short Paws follow pretty similar lines of advancement, ever attempting to refine and expand their hand to hand combat techniques.
    Resources: Short Paw Clan members always have the Clan to call upon as long as their needs coincide with the Clans. they rarely stick their neck out for a members personal asides, unless it would somehow also benefit the Clan as a whole.

SHORT PAWS IN THE WORLD
    "Call the Healer Yoshi...a cat just broke my sternum."
    Short Paws are generally feared and mistrusted, mostly cause you make sure of it. You want the bad rep cause it makes the job easier. Refining your skills against a challenging opponent is kewl, but otherwise you'd rather just bluff 'em into surrendering without crushing them. You have inherited the cat's laziness to a degree.
    Daily Life: 5 am: Rose for training in the garden. Sifu sent Brother Hanzo through a wall with one blow. It was awesome!!
    7 am: Stole breakfast from butthead who overcharges the locals.
    9 am: More training. Sifu sent me through a wall. Not as awesome as when he did it to Brother Hanzo.
    12 am: Lunch.
    3 pm: Beat the unholy living crap out of some local Samurai just because.
    5 pm: Dinner.
    7 pm: Beat up latest assignment.
    9 pm: Hit the bars and spread our legendary reputation. Maybe get a few jobs, a few loose women...
    11 pm: Sneak into the Shogun's palace and leave notes calling him a sissy and daring him to find us. Then it's nappy times.
    Notables: Daizu Mori (CN Male Human Cat Burglar 1/Ninja 5/Short Paw 6) is an aspiring Short Paw master. He hopes to have his own school someday. Sadako Mori (CE Female Human Cat Burglar 3/Ninja 3/Short Paw 6) is his evil twin sister.
    Organizations: The Short Paw Clan pretty much is an organization unto itself. You gotta be family though, or well liked by them. And they're mighty picky about prospective members outside the family.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's generally hold you in awe for your mighty kitty kung fu prowess. Plus you whoop the local nobles. That alone gets you kudos.

SHORT PAWS IN THE GAME
    This class may tend to make the PC's a tad wary of cats. Which they should be. Darn sneaky critters them cats.
    Adaptation: This one is definitely for silly campaigns. Kung Fu kitties just doesn't seem right in a serious one.
    Encounters: PC's will usually encounter the Short Paws after they have been hired to whoop them or someone they protect. Or they may witness a beatdown in progress.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are having lunch with a local Lord. They are beginning to regret it as what has turned out to be a potential job offer is being made by what is apparently a power mad lunatic. Just then a small cat appears next to him, and with a simple paw slap sends him flying from his chair before running away again. The Lord asks the PC's how much they charge to exterminate cats...

Daizu Mori
    CN Human Male Cat Burglar 1/Ninja 5/Short Paw 6
    Init +2 (+5 KF), Senses: Listen +15, Spot +15
    Languages Common, Goblin
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Dex, +6 Wisdom, )
    AC KF x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +5 Dex, +6 Wisdom, )
    hp 48 (12 HD)
    Fort +3, Ref +13 (+16 KF), Will +7
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +7, Grp +6 (-6 KF)
    Atk Options +3d6 Sudden Strike, Poison Use, Short Paw Kung Fu (Paw of Horrifying Death, Paw of Instructional Dismemberment), The Fine Art of Kicking ___ (Grapple, Trip)
    Combat Gear
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 13
    Abilities KF Str 3, Dex 20
    SQ Feline Empathy, Kitty Form, Purr, Cat Powah +1, Kitty Magic (Swift Paws, You Are My New Best Friend), Ki Power 9/day, Ghost Step, AC Bonus, Great Leap, Bad Reputation +4
    Feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Nekochan, Superior Unarmed Strike, The Look, Versatile Unarmed Strike, Weapon Finesse
    Skills Balance +7, Bluff +6, Climb +4, Concentration +6, Escape Artist +7, Hide +14, Intimidate +11, Jump +4, Knowledge (Local) +7, Listen +15, Move Silently +14, Spot +15, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +7
    Possessions

EPIC SHORT PAW

Hit Die: d8
    Bad Reputation: Your Bonus improves by +2 at Level 22 and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Short Paw gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.

The Look
    Man that cat really makes me nervous...
    Prerequisites: Black cat, Nekochan, or Tomcat
    Benefits: Intimidate is always considered a class skill for you.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-23 at 12:48 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

...I should make a PrC combining Kitty and Swordmage...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

...I should make a PrC combining Kitty and Swordmage...
    I think there should be a PrC for combining every class and Kitty.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly, but since said class is homebrew, (And I DIDN'T make it)... XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... yes, I do see that conundrum.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2010-09-20 at 10:57 AM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M9U9ll-vVk

SON OF PINKY

"REEEOOOWWR!!" *munch*

The Sons of Pinky are the enforcers and guardians of the Cat Burglars Guilds. When ankles need bitten they get called. When overly inquisitive locals need scared off, they do the scaring. When someone needs their butt handed to them, they do the handing. They are tuff kittehs.

BECOMING A SON OF PINKY
    Generally when barbaric tribesman are relocated to cities they find a great deal of prejudice against them, forcing them to be either physical laborers, mercenaries, or take up a dishonest living. The Cat Burglar Guilds get less of them than the Thieve's Guilds do, but they do get them. They are quickly adopted into the ranks of the Sons of Pinky in order to vent their repressed furies.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Rage, Kitty Form
    Feats: Tomcat, Practiced Kitty (A Cat's Ego)
    Base Attack Bonus: +5

Son of Pinky Skills
    The Son of Pinky's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha)

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
    1. +1     +2     +2     +0    Ragin' Kitty Feat, ROWR!
    2. +2     +3     +3     +0    Magical Kitty
    3. +3     +3     +3     +1    Strong Kitty (+2)
    4. +4     +4     +4     +1    Ragin' Kitty Feat
    5. +5     +4     +4     +1    Pouncies
    6. +6     +5     +5     +2    Strong Kitty (+4)
    7. +7     +5     +5     +2    Ragin' Kitty Feat
    8. +8     +6     +6     +2    Rippin' Fury
    9. +9     +6     +6     +3    Strong Kitty (+6)
    10.+10    +7     +7     +3    Little Tiger
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Son of Pinky gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Ragin' Kitty Feats (Ex): At 1st, 4th, and 7th level the Son of Pinky gets a Bonus Feat from the following list: Cheetah Rage, Cleave, Clever Wrestling, Close Quarters Fighting, Daunting Presence, Extend Rage, Extra Rage, Flay, Glom, Great Cleave, Greater Kiai Shout, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Improved Multiattack, Improved Natural Attack, Improved Toughness, Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage, Intimidating Strike, Kiai Shout, Leap Attack, Leopard Rage, Lion Rage, Lunging Strike, Mad Foam Rager, Multiattack, Power Attack, Power Critical, Prone Attack, Stop Hitting Yourself, Swarmfighting, Tiger Rage

ROWR!: Your barbarian and Son of Pinky Levels stack for purposes of determining how many times per day you can Rage.

Magical Kitty (Su): At 2nd level your Natural Weapons are considered magical for purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.

Strong Kitty (Ex): At 3rd level you gain +2 Strength while in Kitty Form, offsetting the Strength penalty you normally take. For example in regular Kitty Form you are now only -4 Str.

This increases to +4 at 6th level.

At 9th level it increases to +6.

Pouncies (Ex): At fifth level you get Pouncies as a Bonus Feat whether you meet the prerequisites or not.

Rippin' Fury (Ex): At 8th level you get the Improved Grab ability. If you succeed with a claw attack in Kitty Form you may initiate a Grapple check as a Free Action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If successful you may now Rake with your back claws each round you maintain the Grapple as well as using your bite! The Rake Attack is a secondary Natural Weapon doing the same damage as your claws, and may be used when you use your Pouncies Feat as well.

Little Tiger (Su): When using your Rage ability you gain an additional +4 Strength and do not take an Armor Class penalty.

PLAYING A SON OF PINKY
    You are truly one angry little furball. You moved to the city hoping to get magic training to be a better warrior and the only people willing to speak to you are these freaky little cat people. But they've turned out to be a decent sort, and you've sort of adopted them as your new tribe. And you get lots of free munchies from the neighborhood vendors while in cat form as you've run off bad guys before. Now if only people would stop laughing at you. You wouldn't cause nearly as much damage if everyone would just kindly realize exactly who they were dealing with...
    Combat: As a Son of Pinky you are pretty straightforward. You run up to trouble and start munching. Eventually as you get better at grappling you grab hold before the munching attack and fang away. Remember with the Tomcat Feat you take no Size Class Penalty for Grapple Checks, so specializing in Grapples is usually a great surprise tactic against foes. They never see it coming from a teensy lil kitty.
    Advancement: Most Sons of Pinky are pretty content as they are. They get room and board in return for beating people up, or going on the occasional road trip to beat monsters up. Many of them take pride in humiliating monstrous opponents while in Kitty Form.
    Resources: Cat Burglars Guilds have pretty decent resources and you can occasionally ask them for some items specifically helpful to you, such as Collar Armor.

SONS OF PINKY IN THE WORLD
    "Will someone get this ******* cat off my leg!"
    Many Sons of Pinky know they are the 'big kitty on the block' so to speak, and it makes some a bit uppity. Neighbors will either love them or hate them depending on how they relate to them personally. Cause the Sons of Pinky have likely either saved their butt at some point, or pooped in their gardens, one of the two.
    Daily Life: You spend much of your time lounging about the Guilds various headquarters fuming or practicing for the daily hissing fit. Because it's inevitable someone is gonna do something stupid, and when they do you will get to bite them. Oh the glorious biting.... You are also sometimes loaned as a bodyguard.
    Notables: Notables among the Sons of Pinky include Precious, Destroyer of Garden Gnomes (Human male, NE, Cat Burglar 1/Barbarian 5/Son of Pinky 6). A lowborn human barbarian known for despoiling gardens, picnics, and generally being a sonofa_____. Has single-handedly given the Sons of Pinky a bad name in most areas by destroying all in his path. Also noteworthy is Wubbins (Gnome Female, CG, Cat Burglar 4/Barbarian 2/Son of Pinky 6). She has helped undo much of the damage Precious has done to the guilds reputation, and has even succeeded in ousting him from his position. Spends much of her time looking after the cities elderly and vulnerable when not at work. Considered quite odd for a gnome, it may be she has become such because of her having to put up with Precious.

Organizations: The Sons of Pinky are found in the Cat Burglar guilds for the most part. Some wind up as scouts in the military or for mercs as well.

NPC Reaction
    Most NPC's have had only one type of encounter with a Son of Pinky. A sudden, brutal attack at knee level. You therefore tend to make people nervous if they know what you are. Other barbarians may laugh at you, but that ends quickly after the first time you claw them in their manhood.

SONS OF PINKY IN THE GAME
    The Sons are a good Prestige Class for Cat Burglars who actually want to fight. Especially those who like to charge to get up close and personal.
    Adaptation: As with the Cat Burglar this is really only a good fit for a humorous or truly bizarre campaign.
    Encounters: Generally the PC's will encounter a Son of Pinky if they try to raid a Cat Burglar hideout or if they get too close asking questions. Or if they try kicking one out of the way cause they think he's just a stray alley cat (big mistake).

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been hired to guard a nobleman's house. A small cat enters the garden at night while they're on watch and begins destroying the garden gnomes. The small cat looks at them disapprovingly, before crushing a ceramic gnome with it's paw. For some reason they feel nervous...

Precious
    NE Male Human Barbarian 4/Cat Burglar 1/Son of Pinky 7
    Init +2 (+4 BC, +5 KF), Senses: Listen +4, Spot +4
    Languages Common
    AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Dex, )
    AC Raging x, touch x, flat-footed x (-2 Rage, +2 Dex, )
    AC KF x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +5 Dex, )
    AC KF Raging x, touch x, flat-footed x (-2 Rage, +2 Size, +5 Dex, )
    AC BC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+1 Size, +4 Dex, )
    AC BC Raging x, touch x, flat-footed x (-2 Rage, +1 Size, +4 Dex, )
    hp 75 (12 HD), 99 hp Raging
    Fort +10 (+12 Raging), Ref +10 (+13 KF), Will +5
    Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Melee
    Melee Raging
    Base Atk +11, Grp +14 (+16 Raging), +13 KF (+18 Raging), +14 BC (+19 Raging)
    Atk Options Rage 3/day, Magical Kitty, Strong Kitty +4
    Combat Gear
    Abilities Str 16 (20 Raging), Dex 14, Con 12 (16 Raging), Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 15
    Abilities KF Str 14 (18 Raging), Dex 20, Con 12 (16 Raging)
    Abilities BC Str 16 (20 Raging), Dex 18, Con 12 (16 Raging)
    SQ Trap Sense +1, Fast Movement, Purr, Feline Empathy, Kitty Form, Cat Powah +2
    Feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Instantaneous Rage, Practiced Kitty (A Cat's Ego), Tomcat, Mad Foam Rager (B), Pouncies (B), Stop Hitting Yourself (B), Tigers Rage (B)
    Skills Climb +6, Hide +7, Intimidate +9, Listen +4, Move Silently +7, Spot +4, Survival +7, Tumble +9, Use Magic Device +9
    Possessions

EPIC SON OF PINKY

Hit Die: d8
    Strong Kitty The Epic Son of Pinky gets +8 Strength in Kitty Form at level 22. This increases to +10 at level 25, +12 at level 28, and so on.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Son of Pinky gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-23 at 12:48 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Ask the creators permission!

I am!
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Done and done. (Grins)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

aww, no link to the Pinky video inspiring the PRC?
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    aww, no link to the Pinky video inspiring the PRC?
    Never fear, I fixeded it

THE BLACK PAWS

Traditional theme song of the Black Paw Clan:

"Oh we are the Ninjas!"
    "La La La!"
    "La La La!"
    "La La La!"
    "Oh we are the Ninjas!"
    "La La La!"
    "And you can all suck it!"

You're a sneaky little blackmailing fiend. Unlike the other Ninja clans who do real ninja work like assassination, sabotage, deposing lords, etc, you sit around in kitty form all day soaking up gossip and leaning peoples secrets. The other ninja clans call you lazy. They don't do anything about it though, because you know what they get up to when they're drunk ...

BECOMING A BLACK PAW
    A few levels of Cat Burglar and Ninja each will do.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form, Enhanced Kitty Form (Spidercat), Kitty Magic (Innocence), Ghost Step
    Feats: Nekochan, Jibba Jabba
    Skills: Gather Information 8 Ranks, Listen 8 Ranks

Class Skills
    The Black Paws class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Nobility)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock(Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    Ki Power (Mark)
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    Sneaky Ninja Bonus
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    Anonymous Kitty (+4)
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    Ki Power (Awareness)
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    Sneaky Ninja Bonus
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    Anonymous Kitty (Take 10)
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    Sneaky Ninja Bonus
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    Ki Power (Stealth)
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    Anonymous Kitty (Take 20)
    10.+7    +3     +7     +3    Ninja Master
    Weapon Proficiencies: Black Paws gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Ki Power (Su): You may use your Ninjas daily use of Ki Power to perform stunts unavailable to regular Ninja. Your Ninja and Black Paw levels stack for determining how many daily uses of your Ki power you have.

At 1st level you get the Mark power. It can be used in one of 2 ways. The first is by pressing your paw against something you can mark it in a manner similar to the spell Arcane Mark spell with one exception: It can be seen by anyone with at least 1 level of the Black Paws PrC, and any Black Paw touching it can "feel" a message of 10 words or less. The second is that you leave a trail of invisible Paw Prints (i.e. Arcane Marks) for 1 minute per point of Charisma modifier, or until you wish to stop, whichever comes first. You cant leave a message in this fashion but you can leave a trail. Detect Magic will show these marks just like Arcane Mark would show up, but they are perfectly visible to anyone with a Level of Black Paw.

At 4th level you gain the Awareness Power. You can expend 1 daily use of your Ki Power to gain a +8 Circumstance Bonus to one of the following skills: Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, or Survival (if Tracking by Scent). This bonus lasts for your next roll.

At 8th level you gain the Stealth Power. You can expend 1 daily use of your Ki Power to gain a +8 Circumstance Bonus to one of the following skills: Hide or Move Silently. This bonus lasts 1 minute.

Sneaky Ninja Bonus (Ex): At 2nd, 5th, and 7th level you gain a +2 Bonus to one of the following skills: Listen, Search, Sense Motive, or Spot. You may choose the same skill more than once.

Anonymous Kitty (Ex): You can sit in plain sight while listening to gossip. At 3rd Level you gain a +4 Circumstance Bonus to Gather Information checks. At 6th Level you may always Take 10 on Gather Information Checks. At 9th level you may always Take 20 on Gather Information Checks.

Ninja Master (Su): At 10th level you have mastered 1 of the many Ninja Arts. You may choose 1 Power from the following List:

Mark Master (Su): You may cast Explosive Rune Field a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier as a Supernatural Ability. To become a Mark Master you must have the Ki Power (Mark) ability.

Awareness Master (Su): You may cast Know Vulnerabilities a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier as a Supernatural Ability. To become an Awareness Master you must have the Ki Power (Awareness) ability.

Stealth Master (Su): You may cast Shadow Form a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier as a Supernatural Ability. To become a Stealth Master you must have the Ki Power (Stealth) ability.

Ghost Master (Su): You may cast Greater Invisibility a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier as a Supernatural Ability. To become a Ghost Master you must have the Ki Power (Ghost Step) ability.

Strike Master (Su): You may cast Toxic Weapon a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier as a Supernatural Ability. To become a Strike Master you must have the Sudden Strike ability.

PLAYING A BLACK PAWS
    Normally ninjas hide out and do their best to avoid being known. You like being known. Since your a talking cat, no one knows who you really are, and you can say and do all the things you've ever secretly wanted to do in public. Including shouting the closet skeletons of people who have angered you from the rooftops. Or pooping in unlikely places. Or visiting the women's baths. Ooooh the baths...
    Combat: Like most ninjas you'll rely on stealth and hit and run tactics. No frontline tanking for you. You do get to use Sleight of Hand to slip home made explosives into people's pants though.
    Advancement: Your goal as a Black Paw is to successfully blackmail the aristocracy (or whoever else is misbehaving) until you can successfully retire.
    Resources: You have the (hopefully) vast resources of the Black Paws Ninja Clan to count on.

BLACK PAWS IN THE WORLD
    "Ninja kitties fightin' for the common man yessir!"
    The Black Paws were a ninja clan that discovered the art of the Cat Burglar. Initially putting it to good use for the various lords who hired them the ninjas quickly grew tired of being the unsung servants of snobbish nobles. So they went rogue and now use their kitty powers to find out the dirty laundry of the rich and famous and blackmail them. You are the worlds first stalkerazzi!
    Daily Life: Generally you lounge about like the lazy scum you are listening to people gossip. Unlike real ninjas who are busting their butt killing people. Or so the other ninjas say...
    Notables: Thum Vu (CN Female Human Ninja 3/Cat Burglar 3/Black Paw 6) is a local gossip diva. Everyone goes to her for the latest news. Even the nobles she sometimes rats out. Tung Tong (NE Male Human Ninja 3/Cat Burglar 3/Black Paw 6) has reverted to the old ways of murder and sabotage using the knowledge he has gained of the local populace. The Guild considers him a liability, and may be thinking of having him 'retired'.
    Organizations: The Black Paws are a fairly wide ranging clan. They pretty much are their own organization, they don't need one devoted to helping them.

NPC Reaction
    Nobles and Aristocrats hate you. The word hate needs to be triple underlined. Because if they have any embarrassing habits you know them. If they're lying, incestuous sociopaths with a sheep fixation, they're probably broke now due to your constant blackmail. Commoners on the other hand love you. You embarrass the people they can't touch. You mock the aristocracy in full view in public and get away with it. And they count on you for the juiciest gossip.

BLACK PAWS IN THE GAME
    The Black Paws will be disruptive little buggers. They like causing chaos by airing peoples dirty laundry in public. Be assured if your BBEG has any secrets they'll find it and spread it around.
    Adaptation: I'm not sure about this one. You might actually find a use for it in a non silly campaign.
    Encounters: PC's will usually encounter a Black Paw in one of 2 ways: The player has done something stupid or questionable and is now being blackmailed for money, or this cat just all of a sudden starts telling him all this neat stuff...

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are eating sushi in a local restaurants patio when a small black cat approaches them and says in a whispering voice: "Pssst! Hey buddy. You wanna know what your girlfriend is up to right now? Only 5 gold pieces."

Thum Vu
    CN Female Human Cat Burglar 3/Ninja 3/Black Paw 6
    Init +2 (+5 KF), Senses: Listen +10, Spot +10
    Languages Common, Sylvan
    AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Dex, +3 Wis, )
    AC Tiny x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +5 Dex, +3 Wis, )
    hp 42 hp (12 HD)
    Fort +4, Ref +13 (+16 KF), Will +6
    Evasion
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +8, Grp +8 (-3 KF)
    Atk Options Sudden Strike +2d6, Poison Use
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 15
    Abilities Tiny Str 4, Dex 20
    SQ Feline Empathy, Purr, Kitty Form, Cat Powah +2, Kitty Magic (Bouncies!, Innocence), Burglaring (Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Kitty Form (Spidercat), Ki Power 8/day, Ghost Step (Invisible), AC Bonus, Anonymous Kitty
    Feats Adaptable Flanker, Combat Reflexes, Jibba Jabba, Nekochan, Vexing Flanker, Weapon Finesse
    Skills Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Disable Device +9, Escape Artist +8, Gather Information +10, Hide +8, Knowledge (Local, Nobility) +9, Listen +10, Move Silently +8, Open Lock +6, Search +6, Sense Motive +6, Spot +10, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +8
    Possessions

EPIC BLACK PAW

Hit Die: d6
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int
    Sneaky Ninja Bonus At 21st level and every 3 levels thereafter the Black paw gains an additional +2 Bonus to 1 skill from the list.
    Ki Power The Black Paw gains an additional use of her Ki Power at level 22 and every 2 levels thereafter.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Black Paw gains a Bonus Feat every 4 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-24 at 12:28 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

THE FAMILIAR

"Meow. Meow meow meow meow meow."

You have morphed your Familiar into a humanoid and can focus your spells through him, making most onlookers believe you are the Familiar due to your Cat Burglar training. GENIUS!

BECOMING A FAMILIAR
    Several levels of Sorcerer will be required.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form,
    Arcane Caster: Must be able to cast Arcane Spells without preparation, at least one of which must be a spell enhancing, or specific to, Familiars. Must have a Familiar.
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcane) 6 ranks
    Special: Must be willing to undergo a magic ritual taking up to 24 hours and costing you 1000 GP in materials.
    Feat: Jibba Jabba

Familiar Skills
    The Familiar's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Cha), and Spellcraft (Int).

Hit Dice: d4

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Meet Big Fat John         +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Familiar Spell Reversal   +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Enhanced Familiar         +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4                              +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4                              +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Enhanced Familiar         +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5                              +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6                              +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Enhanced Familiar         +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7                              Bob Iz Family, +1 level of existing Arcane spellcasting class
    Weapon Proficiencies: The Familiar gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Meet Big Fat John (Su): Due to the ritual you have undergone, your Familiar now permanently appears to be a humanoid creature (see below).

Familiar Spell Reversal (Su): You may now cast spells that specifically target your Familiar on yourself. For example if you cast Familiar Pocket, you get to hide in the extradimensional space which is located on your Familiars clothes. You may also cast spells which have a Range of Personal on your Familiar if you can touch it.

Enhanced Familiar: At 3rd, 6th , and 9th levels your Familiar gets a new ability depending on it's new appearance. These are listed with the Humanoid Familiars below.

Bob Iz Family (Su): At 10th level your Familiar can now be Raised/Resurrected if slain.

PLAYING A FAMILIAR
    Your goal is to hide your supernatural powers (and your job as a supernatural spy for the Cat Burglars Guild) by convincing the world that you are a Sorcerer's Familiar.
    Combat: You aren't a blaster. You're a sneak thief, combat is somebody else's job. That doesn't mean that you don't have combat spells, but you aren't optimized for it. Your Familiar on the other hand... He's been known to whup some ass...
    Advancement: You can go several different ways with this class. You can concentrate on making your familiar ultra powerful and sending him into the fray. You can go the spy route and specialize in Divination and teleporting out of harms way. You can even be a tag team, using combos on opponents.
    Resources: You have both the Cat Burglars Guild and whomever trained you in the mystic arts to draw upon. And of course your ever so neat familiar who can talk and sign legally binding paperwork you don't wish to....

FAMILIARS IN THE WORLD
    "You know John I just gotta say it, your Familiar scares the hell outta me for some reason. Somethin' weird bout that cat..."
    Usually the Guild will assign you some spellcasters Guild, social function, or place to infiltrate. Your Familiar then passes himself as a low level spellcaster while you follow him in and case the joint. In between assignments you act as magical backup if the authorities come calling.
    Daily Life: You are a mystical spy for the Cat Burglar Guilds (and occasionally heavy artillery). Your Familiar spends it's time pretending to be a low level mage, allowing you access to all kinds of places as you accompany him in his job searches or assignments. If you happen to be available when the Guild is in trouble you also call down the rain of Fireballs.
    Notables: Boris (CN Male Human Cat Burglar 3/Sorcerer 3/Familiar 6) and his Familiar Natasha (Outcast, looks like female Drow) are spies for the government trying to infiltrate the recent Drow immigrants which have been causing their country no end of grief. Princess (CG Female Elf Cat Burglar 3/Sorcerer 3/Familiar 6) and her Familiar Morgana (Diva) are currently spying on high society for the Guilds, disguised as a mystic singer, and her pet.
    Organizations: The Wharf Cats are an organization of Familiars running a magic user only bar near the docks of a major port city. Most people find it odd that so many of the Wizards and Sorcerers there have kitty Familiars, but to each his own. While the towns mages come in to get drunk, the Wharf Cats get to steal their secrets.

NPC Reaction
    Most traditional Wizards look upon you with shock and appall. After all you place anyone with a familiar into question, and they don't like that. Other people still find you pretty spooky.

FAMILIARS IN THE GAME
    You'll probably end up giving mages a bad name. But that's okay because people suck. Cats are better (and kitty mages are the bestest).
    Adaptation: This lends itself best to a spy type campaign, especially if it's a goofy one.
    Encounters: Usually people will encounter you as your 'Masters' wee lil' kitty. Make sure to hiss at them and leave hairballs in their slippers if they are condescending.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: As you walk into the bar you notice 3 cats, a Drow Priestess, an old man, and a Dwarven hooker playing poker. It's like the set-up of some bad joke, until they all slowly swivel their heads as one to stare at you. Maybe backing out the door slowly is a good idea...

Boris
    CN Male Human Cat Burglar 3/Sorcerer 3/Familiar 6
    Init +2 (+5 KF), Senses: Listen +x, Spot +x
    Languages Common, Undercommon, Elven
    AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Dex, )
    AC Tiny x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +5 Dex, )
    hp 33 (12 HD)
    Fort +4, Ref +8 (+11 KF), Will +10
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +6, Grp +5 (-7 KF)
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Known 0 (6/day, DC 13): Caltrops, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Resistance, Silent Portal
    1st (7/day, DC 14): Familiar Pocket, Net of Shadows, Protection from Law, Spirit Worm
    2nd (7/day, DC 15): Augment Familiar, Misdirection, Veil of Shadow, Wall of Gloom
    3rd (7/day, DC 16): Blacklight, Haste, Magic Circle Against Law
    4th (4/day, DC 17): Symbol of Fear, Wall of Chaos
    Caster Level 12
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 16
    Abilities Tiny Str 3, Dex 21
    SQ Purr, Feline Empathy, Kitty Form, Cat Powah +3, Kitty Magic (Innocence), Burglaring (Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Kitty Form (Watchcat), Familiar (Outcast), Meet Big Fat John, Familiar Spell Reversal
    Feats Battlecaster Defense, Combat Casting, Jibba Jabba, Practiced Caster, Shadow Veil, Weapon Finesse
    Skills Bluff +15, Concentration +6, Diplomacy +15, Gather Information +15, Hide +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Knowledge (Local) +6, Listen +13, Move Silently +7, Search +6, Sense Motive +14, Spellcraft +7, Spot +7
    Possessions

EPIC FAMILIAR

Hit Die: d4
    Spells: The Familiars caster level is equal to his Character Level. He does not gain additional spells per day after 20th level.
    Familiars: At 21st level the Familiar can Channel 9th level spells through his Familiar. At 25th level the Familiar can now Channel Epic spells through his Familiar.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Familiar gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.

HUMANOID FAMILIARS

Once you undergo the Ritual of Bubnoff (origin of name unknown), your familiar undergoes a transformation seeming to become a humanoid creature. It now has the following changes:

Stats: The Familiars physical stats are the same as yours are in humanoid form, regardless of it's appearance. It's mental stats are now equal to 10 plus your Charisma modifier.

Attacks: The Familiar's BAB is the same as yours, and it now attacks as a humanoid (i.e. with weapons or unarmed strikes).

Hit Dice: For purposes of all effects relating to hit dice, the Familiar has the same number of hit dice you do, and the same hit points.

Size and Type: The Familiars type is still Magical Beast, size is now Medium.

Saving Throws: The Familiars Saving Throws are the same as yours.

Skills: The Familiar uses it's own skill ranks or yours, whichever are better. Since it is constant contact with you it has access to your skills.

Powers: The Familiar no longer has the powers mentioned on 52-53 of the Players Handbook, and instead substitutes powers from the chart below (your Sorcerer and Familiar levels stack for purposes of your familiars abilities). It also now provides a different type of bonus based on it's new appearance.

Code:
      Master's Level     Powers
      1-2                Mindlink, Alert Duo, Share Spells
      3-4                Channel 1
      5-6                Tag Team +3
      7-8                Channel 2
      9-10               Tag Team +4
      11-12              Channel 3
      13-14              Tag Team +5
      15-16              Channel 4

Mindlink: Both you and your familiar are in constant telepathic contact as long as you are within 1 mile of each other. What one of you knows both of you know.

Alert Duo: Neither you nor your familiar can be flanked if you are within 50 feet of each other.

Share Spells: Identical to the ability listed on page 53 of the Players Handbook.

Channel 1 (Su): You may channel any spell you can cast through your Familiar, and it appears as thought the Familiar has actually cast it. The Familiar must be able to move and speak (i.e. it is subject to the same restrictions for Verbal and Somatic components as you are), and one of you must have the Focus or Material components to cast the spell. At this point you may cast 0, 1st or 2nd level spells through your Familiar. You must be able to see your Familiar and he must also be within 50' to use this ability.

Channel 2: You may now cast 3rd and 4th level spells through your Familiar.

Channel 3: You may now cast 5th and 6th level spells through your Familiar.

Channel 4: You may now cast 7th and 8th level spells through your Familiar.

Tag Team: When you or your Familiar use the Aid Another attack to increase one another AC or Attack roll you get a better bonus. It increases to +3 at level 5, +4 at level 9, and +5 at level 13.

The Old Guy: Your familiar appears to be old, either the stereotypical wizard with a long white beard or perhaps someone's grandma. Both you and your familiar gain a +3 bonus on Gather Information checks. Everyone trusts grandma.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Gather Information checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Investigator as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Divination spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Fat Guy: Your familiar is vastly overweight. Perhaps you are the wheezing fat guy, or a plump society matron. Both you and our familiar gain a +3 Hit Points.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Concentration checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Improved Toughness as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Abjuration spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Freaky Guy: Your familiar is scary, with lots of piercing, scarification, tattoos, body mods,etc. Or maybe he's just the crazy homeless guy who talks to stuff. Both you and your familiar gain +3 on Intimidate checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Intimidate checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Persuasive as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Necromancy spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Buff Guy: Your familiar appears to be the warrior/mage, ye butt kicking amazon warrioress or the stereotypical barbarian. Both you and your familiar gain +2 on Fortitude Saves.
    Level 3: A roll of 1 on a Fortitude Save is not an automatic failure for the Familiar.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Great Fortitude as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Evocation spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The MILF: Helloooo hot Dwarf momma! Seriously though your familiar appears as an attractive mature individual of one of the humanoid races. Both you and your familiar gain a +3 on Diplomacy checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Diplomacy checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Negotiator as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Enchantment spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Outcast: While all the other humanoid familiars seem to be of acceptable races (i.e. human, elf, dwarf) yours is not. Yours appears as a humanoid whose species is frowned upon (i.e. Orc, Hobgoblin, Drow, ec.). Both you and your familiar gain +3 on your Hide checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Hide checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Stealthy as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Any spells with the following Descriptors Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level: Chaotic, Darkness, Evil, Fear, Good, and Lawful.

The Insurance Salesman: Your familiar is a charming con man, and looks the part. Will probably be trusted more in certain social circles than others (or optionally if he's high society he could be a lawyer). Both you and your familiar gain a +3 on Bluff checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Bluff checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Persuasive as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Illusion spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Noob: Your Familiar appears to be quite young (i.e. the equivalent of 14-16 in human years), and looks more like an apprentice than a full grown mage. Both you and your Familiar gain +3 on Listen checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Listen checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Alertness as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Divination spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Stranger: Your familiar has an appearance and accent impossible to place, and claims to be from far, far away. For example he might be 6'6", 275 pounds with sallow skin, no body or facial hair, blue eyes, bad teeth, and a Welsh accent. He is a foreigner with a made up past and country. You and your familiar gain a +3 on Sense Motive checks. And you can use being foreign as an excuse to get away with stuff.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Sense Motive checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Negotiator as a Bonus Feat
    Level 9: Transmutation spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Nobody: Your Familiar appears to be a completely average and forgettable guy/gal. Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on Move Silently checks. No one pays attention to the Nobody.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Move Silently checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Stealthy as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Conjuration spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Diva: Your Familiar appears to be a performer of some kind (usually a singer). Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on one specific Perform skill.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Perform checks (the same Perform skill you have a Bonus in).
    Level 6: Familiar gains Force of Personality (See Complete Adventurer) as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Enchantment spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Nerd: Your Familiar appears to be a stereotypical, physically weak intellectual with his nose in a book all the time. Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on Knowledge (Arcane) checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Spellcraft checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Magical Aptitude as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Abjuration spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Cat Lady: Your Familiar appears to be someone whom animals respond to well. A crazy old cat lady, or a ranger or druid perhaps. Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on Handle Animal checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Handle Animal checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Animal Affinity as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Conjuration spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Thief: Your Familiar appears to be an obvious criminal. Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on Knowledge (Local) checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Knowledge (Local) checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Deceitful as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Transmutation spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Preacher: Your Familiar appears to be a shaman, voodoo priest, or other religious fanatic. Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on Knowledge (Religion) checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Knowledge (Religion) checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Iron Will as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Necromancy spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Hippy: Your Familiar appears to be a veteran drug user of some sort. Or whatever other cultural stereotype fits someone who's always a little bombed out of their mind. Maybe even a garden variety alcoholic. Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on Craft (Alchemy) checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Knowledge (Local) checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Great Fortitude as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Illusion spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.

The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight: Your Familiar appears to be an evocation specialist, Warmage, or perhaps a demented psychotic with an unhealthy obsession with explosions. Both you and your Familiar gain a +3 bonus on Craft (Alchemy) checks.
    Level 3: Familiar can always take 10 on Craft (Alchemy) checks.
    Level 6: Familiar gains Skill Focus (Intimidate) as a Bonus Feat.
    Level 9: Evocation spells Channeled through your Familiar are cast at +1 Caster level.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-24 at 12:38 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-23 at 02:34 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I LOVE that class. I'm tempted to take it when I finish Lazor Kitteh. Especially the last one. (giggles)

Also, if anyone is interested, there's a Cat Campaign going on. If you want to look,
    OOC
    IC

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Black paws are awesome, they play ninja as ninja should be played: hiding in plain sight and kicking butt when people are not looking.
    The Awareness power duration might have to be reworded a bit for the survival bonus, since the survival checks you make while tracking represent a bit of searching rather than a one-round thing.
    From the SRD:
    Action: Varies. A single Survival check may represent activity over the course of hours or a full day. A Survival check made to find tracks is at least a full-round action, and it may take even longer.

Also, the familiar 'The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight' reminds me of Ltd Piebald from Schlock mercenary, they call him Pi, because he is irrational. He also has an unhealthy attraction to high explosives.
    Don't take anything I say too seriously.

20. - Top - End - #80

Goblin

Where might the fey/cheshire cat type PRC be in the list of things coming down the pipe?
    Just asking because I intend to use it for my character in the cat campaign and will need to re-tool my character some when it drops...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

If I maintain current speed and intended lineup, next thursday
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #82

Goblin

Hmmm crap. Guess I'll have to ask Mu if he's ok with me waiting that long till I re-tool my character...
    *high fives*

Avvy by azuyomi244

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Weeell I don't think anyone will object if I'm out of order.

I fixed Black Paws Norr!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJVaIrn0bw The Midnight Bomber inspiration
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-24 at 12:32 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I've thought some of the Epic PrC's would be better starting as a regular one, so here is the Cheshire Cat. Please be patient as I revise

CHESHIRE CAT

"Oh you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Cheshire Cats are epic tricksters of sorts, who specialize in denying people the ability to see them. And stealing and lying, and possibly touching others in an impure manner, but they vehemently deny that last part...

BECOMING A CHESHIRE CAT
    The class requires Invisibility, so that pretty much means you'll need the Cheshire Cat form.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Abilities: Kitty Form, Enhanced Kitty Form (Cheshire Cat)
    Skills: Bluff 6 ranks, Hide 8 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks, Sense Motive 6 ranks
    Feats: Alley Kat, Jibba Jabba
    Alignment: Must be Chaotic, cannot be Good

Class Skills
    The Cheshire Cat's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Local)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 8 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +2     +0    The Art of Invisibility
    2. +1    +0     +3     +0    The Art of Confusion
    3. +2    +1     +3     +1    The Art of Mockery
    4. +3    +1     +4     +1    The Art of Invisibility
    5. +3    +1     +4     +1    The Art of Confusion
    6. +4    +2     +5     +2    The Art of Mockery
    7. +5    +2     +5     +2    The Art of Invisibility
    8. +6    +2     +6     +2    The Art of Confusion
    9. +6    +3     +6     +3    The Art of Mockery
    10.+7    +3     +7     +3    We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes

Weapon Proficiencies: A Cheshire Cat gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

The Art of Invisibility (Su): At 1st level the Invisibility ability you gain via Cheshire Cat Form now acts like the spell Greater Invisibility instead. You have learned to lie and tell the world it can't see you, and it has agreed.

At 4th level you gain Spell Resistance equal to (10 plus your Hit Dice) against spells from the Divination school as well as any power effect that would reveal you such as Glitterdust, Invisibility Purge, etc.

At 7th level you become invisible or visible as a Swift Action instead of a Standard Action.

The Art of Confusion (Su): At 2nd level the Cheshire Cat has learned to tell lies about better things than being visible, and talking with one is dangerous. Any opponent who engages the cat in conversation must make a Willpower Save or be Confused as per the spell (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Cha Modifier). The Cat can choose not to use this effect when talking to people. The opponent must be able to hear the Cheshire Cat and understand the language used, or the Cheshire Cat must have Telepathy in some form to use this ability. If the Save is successful the Cheshire Cat must wait one minute before making another attempt. He may use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Charisma Modifier.

At 5th level if the opponent the Cat is talking with fails the Save he is permanently Confused as per the Insanity spell.

At 8th level if the opponent the Cat is talking with fails the Save he is affected by the spell Maddening Whispers instead (unless the Cheshire Cat wishes to inflict him with a lesser effect, see Spell Compendium for spell description).

The Art of Mockery (Su): At 3rd level a Cheshire Cat can enrage an opponent to the point of stupidity by simply mocking him in conversation. If the Cat talks to an opponent as a Standard Action it can choose to enrage him, and he must make a Willpower Save to avoid the effect (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Cha Modifier). If he fails he receives a -1 to all rolls for the duration of the encounter, and he has a 20% chance to fail any roll or cast any spell if it involves the Cheshire Cat himself. He may use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Charisma Modifier.

At 6th level the penalty increases to a -2 to all rolls, and a 35% miss chance.

At 9th level the penalty remains the same as 6th level, but the opponent takes (3d6 plus Charisma Modifier) damage due to the stress.

We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes (Su): At 10th level the Cheshire Cat may begin to swirl in and out of visual sight in various patterns, disorienting opponents. At will as a Standard Action any living being within 60' that can see the Cheshire Cat is considered Flat-Footed until it decides to turn this ability off unless it makes a successful Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Charisma Modifier). It can't become invisible while doing this, but all opponents take a -4 penalty to all attack and damage rolls against it (this stacks with penalties they may take form the Art of Mockery). This is Sight Dependent and requires your opponents to be able to see you.

PLAYING A CHESHIRE CAT
    Screwing with people's minds is what you live for. You fade in and out of view, sometimes only partially visible. And you never give a clear, honest answer to any question. Ever. It's foreign to your nature. If people aren't calling you an utter bastard, or shaking their head in confusion, you're doing it wrong
    Combat: Combat? Hah! Only losers are required to fight. You're invisible. You can fart on Asmodeus and he'd never know! (Well maybe...) Feel free to insult just about anything, and then go poof.
    Advancement: Cheshire Cats, being that they've mastered invisibility, are fairly lazy when it comes to advancement. If being a loony is a profession you can advance in, they're masters. Or they're lazy douchebags. Guess it depends on who you talk to.
    Resources: You can steal whatever you need. No one can see you, so you can pretty much get away with anything.

CHESHIRE CATS IN THE WORLD
    "You're not all there are you?"
    Cheshire Cats interact with the world by causing it to have mental issues. They set around in trees completely destroying the sanity of whoever happens by through surreal conversation. Few Cat Burglar Guilds are 'lucky' enough to have one, and those that do realize what a truly valuable resource he is.
    Daily Life: Usually you just set in a tree, and chat with whoever walks by with the sole intent of messing with them. Sometimes you sow chaos and disorder on a mass scale for fun. Or travel to Hell and whisper strange things in the ears of the Devil Lords while they're busy once you go Epic.
    Notables: Teehee (CN Male Human Cat Burglar 3/Rogue 3/Cheshire Cat 6) is a typical Cheshire Cat meddler, lunging about waiting to hurt the minds of innocent bystanders. Felicia (CE Female Human Cat Burglar 3/Rogue 3/Cheshire Cat 6) is a tad more nasty, and sometimes eats passers by...
    Organizations: Cheshire Cats sometimes head a Cat Burglar Guild, but usually they're loners who've given up professional thievery for being layabouts.

NPC Reaction
    NPC reactions to Cheshire Cats vary. Most of them being some variation on frustration or confusion. Not many of them like to hang out with the Cheshires, except possibly potheads who seem to think they're Zen Masters or something.

CHESHIRE CATS IN THE GAME
    This one gives a player free license to raise hell with your campaign. be sure to allow it responsibly.
    Adaptation: This one can be adapted to several styles of campaign, probably either horror or comedy.
    Encounters: Cheshire Cats can be found just about anywhere, usually in unsuspected moments. If the PC's are trying to find one, they probably won't. However if they're butt deep in Soul Larvae in the Penthouse Suite of Demogorgon's personal dungeon, it's guaranteed that there will be at least one in the vicinity to make their torment somehow worse.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's see a large smiling cat in a tree on the way to town. After he says hello, the Wizard is foolish enough to ask him how he's doing. Let the games begin...

Teehee
    CN Male Human Cat Burglar 3/Rogue 3/Cheshire Cat 6
    Init +1, Senses: Listen +x, Spot +x
    Languages Common, Sylvan
    AC x, touch x, flat-footed x (+1 Dex, )
    AC Tiny x, touch x, flat-footed x (+2 Size, +4 Dex, +4 Deflection)
    hp 42 (12 HD)
    Fort +4, Ref +12 (+15 KF), Will +6
    Evasion
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +8, Grp +7 (+9 Small, +4 Tiny, +0 Diminutive)
    Atk Options Sneak Attack +3d6, Art of Confusion (DC 22), Art of Mockery (DC 20)
    Combat Gear
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 18
    Abilities KF Str 3, Dex 19
    SQ Feline Empathy, Purr, Kitty Form, Cat Powah +4, Scamper Bonus, Burglaring (Sneak Attack +1d6), Enhanced Kitty Form (Cheshire), Kitty Magic (Missed Me!, Swift Paws), Trap Sense +1, Trapfinding, The Art of Invisibility (SR 22),
    Feats Ability Focus (Art of Confusion), Alley Kat, Dodge, Jibba Jabba, Spectral Skirmisher, Weapon Finesse
    Skills Balance +7, Bluff +22, Climb +5, Gather Information +13, Hide +19, Intimidate +10, Jump +5, Knowledge (Local, Nobility) +7, Listen +8, Move Silently +19, Sense Motive +8, Spot +8, Tumble +7, Use Magic Device +22
    Possessions

EPIC CHESHIRE CAT

Hit Die: d6
    Skills Points at Each Level : 8 + int
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Cheshire Cat gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th

New Kitty Feats

Improved Mockery
    Messing with peoples heads is an art form.
    Prerequisites: Art of Mockery, Bluff or Intimidate 8 ranks
    Benefits: The Penalty cause by your Art of Mockery ability is increased by -2 (i.e. if it was a -2 it's now a -4).

Epic Invisibility
    You have mastered the art of fibbing to the world and telling it you don't exist.
    Prerequisites: Art of Invisibility, Hide 30 ranks, Move Silently 30 ranks
    Benefits: Your invisibility now mimics the spell Superior Invisibility (see Spell Compendium), and you become immune to any spell/power/effect that would reveal you such as Glitterdust, Invisibility Purge, See Invisibility, or True Seeing unless the caster is higher level than yourself.

Epic Confusion
    Talking to you is an exercise if futility, or as you prefer to call it an Epic Fail.
    Prerequisites: Art of Confusion, Cha 20, Bluff 24 ranks
    Benefits: You may now use the Art of Confusion ability at will.

Epic Mockery
    You don't understand why you aren't more popular.
    Prerequisites: Art of Mockery, Cha 20, Bluff or Intimidate 24 ranks
    Benefits: The miss chance victims of your Art of Mockery ability increases to 50%, and you may now use the Art of Mockery at will.

Epic Madness
    THE COLORS!! THE PRETTY, PRETTY COLORS!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Prerequisites: We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes, Cha 20, Bluff 24 ranks
    Benefits: Victims of your We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes ability do not get a Saving Throw to avoid it's effects
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-27 at 01:38 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #85

Goblin

Is the Alley Kat feat the one that makes some of their cat stuff stack with rogue levels? (and requires 3 rogue levels to get trap sense)
    *high fives*

Avvy by azuyomi244

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
    Is the Alley Kat feat the one that makes some of their cat stuff stack with rogue levels? (and requires 3 rogue levels to get trap sense)
    Yup. Is that a bad thing for you at this point?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #87

Goblin

It's just that the campaign is a gestalt game, and as such a feat like that might be kinda wonky...
    Any chance of a replacement for gestalt games or something?
    *high fives*

Avvy by azuyomi244

28. - Top - End - #88
    Firbolg in the Playground

You have my permission to use Harrowed, with the understanding that it's constantly under ze Editz, and has yet to actually be finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    You have my permission to use Harrowed, with the understanding that it's constantly under ze Editz, and has yet to actually be finished.
    Harrowed Kitteh.

There is so much win in that sentence, I felt this was necessary.

Spoiler
    Show

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
    It's just that the campaign is a gestalt game, and as such a feat like that might be kinda wonky...
    Any chance of a replacement for gestalt games or something?
    In theory you could ask mucat to waive the requirement. Instead have say, sneak attack as a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Glee! It'll be a bit before I get to making those PrC's so you have time to update it still for a bit

Thank you!
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-09-25 at 12:45 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins