New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Darius

Darius spins around to face Elthan. Quick as lightning his hand is on the elf's throat.

"You think that was why I threw that goddamn rock, huh? Huh!? You had the same watch as he did you bastard! You could've killed him just as he went to bed! And you are accusing me because I threw the damn rock? You wanna know why I did that? Because I was angry! And now I'm even more angry! So why don't you tell us why you son of a bitch?" Darius yells, spit flying into Elthan's face.

He drops his hand, taking a step back and glaring at Elthan.

(OOC: I surprise myself sometimes...)
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

2. - Top - End - #332
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra

"No, that's... not a good idea," Sheyra says in response to Darius. "We don't know how much longer we'll be down here, or even where any exits are." She looks down at the shards of the bloody stone. "Regardless of who or what did this, we should move on. We might be able to build a pyre with the fungus outside, but anything looking for a meal within several miles will be drawn here by the smell."
    And then they made me their cheif.

3. - Top - End - #333

Aeroz, Elf Swashbucker

In an instant, Aeroz draw's his rapier and puts it between Darius and Elthan. "Enough out of the both of you. Sedryn wouldn't want all this infighting. He would want us to move on. Now, before we all go pointing fingers, we should get out of this place. If it wasn't one of us, then the thing that killed Sedryn could still be here. We should leave now. We cremate Sedryn and spread his ashes over a temple of Lathander when we escape this wreched place. Leave his armor, salvage his food, water and other supplies."

Aeroz's voice is quite timid and rational now, instead of his loud and somewhat upbeat tone. The elf did not have many people he could trust in Calimport, and now that one of the people he trusted the most in his life is dead, he is greiving silently.

[OOC: Alignment shifting to Neutral. The memories of Sedryn are beginning to bring out the best in him, and Aeroz's outlook is rapidly changing due to the circumstances.]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, rogue

Lissa has been silent until now, looking from Sedryn's alcove to the entrance and back with a thoughtful expression. She looks up at Aeroz, Darius and Sheyra. "I think it's time we all heard a bit more about exactly what drove you three and Sedryn to try and get to Telflamm via the Underdark. I didn't ask too many questions in Velprintalar, and I'm beginning to think I should have." She shrugs. "Sounded pretty simple at the time. Quick hop through to Telflamm, chance to get away from the local law undetected, maybe grab some loot from the Underdark while I was at it."

The rogue gives the three a narrow look. "But you three have powerful enemies, don't you? Powerful enough to hire a mage and get said mage into the Underdark?" Lissa starts ticking things off on her fingers. "Item one: Sedryn is murdered. Item two: There was a watch of two at all times on the main entrance. Item three: Nobody here has a motive to kill Sedryn, except possibly the prisoner who was securely bound and watched all night long. I think we can rule Trinark out on that basis." The rogue spreads her hands. "It has to have been an outside job, people! Sedryn was the resident healer. It's always in everyone's best interest to keep the healer healthy and happy. Yes, Linda and the druid can heal, but a cleric can heal more often and more powerfully. He could also detect evil- an ability which, if I'm not mistaken, nobody in the group now has. To me, this has all the earmarks of somebody wanting to hit us where it would hurt most."

She gives Aeroz, Darius and Sheyra another look. "And this is where we get back to you and your enemies. If the assassin didn't enter by ordinary means, that leaves extraordinary means- namely magic." Lissa's eyes widen. "In fact, I'll bet that's why only one of us was killed! If the assassin was using an invisibility spell or potion, the spell would've broken when he hit Sedryn! That's a bloody expensive potion, let me tell you, and if the mage is honest at all he'll warn you about that effect when you buy the potion. So he probably only had enough to get in, hit one person, and get out." She shrugs. "'Course, there's probably other magical means the assassin could've used, but I'm not the expert. I just happen to know about this one through personal experience."

(OOC: I do believe that's my longest post yet; sorry about that. Can you tell I've read a lot of murder mysteries? ;) )
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

5. - Top - End - #335

Daiurs

"You're right, Aeroz." Darius says, directing one more sneer to Elthan before turning back.

"I'll get mushrooms and the lke for a fire, anyone else coming?"

Darius will wait for someone to come with him, and then head off in search of good fire materials.

(OOC: Hooray, a fellow mystery-lover)
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby stands mute through most of the argument, silently fuming. When Aeroz speaks, he nods to himself.
    My friend, we are together right now. Whatever may normally be between us... right now, we are together.

[hr]

Achkby shudders involuntarily a few moments after Lissa speaks of the group's 'powerful enemies.' He shoots a furtive glance at Elthan I, but after the little rogue gets through her list of items, he returns to his normal calm demeanor. He breathes deeply.
    Hired powerful magic users? I hope no more powerful than we...

After a moment, he speaks.
    "Yes. We should lay Sedryn to rest, in whatever form, above the gound. But for now, that ceremony is not of our greatest concern. Whether we decide to burn him here or carry him, we need to move on now. And quickly. We should find a defensible place to rest, and I think it should be quite far from here."
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

7. - Top - End - #337

Elthan II

*Elthan walks in to the scene after taking as much of his time as eh could to get there.*
    Hmm.. Someone who comes up from the shadows to murder and then dissapears without a trace. I wonder if this is the same fate as Sheyra?

"I believe I know who did it, though I have no more evidence than a vision in a dream. I know a few of you may have had similar experiances, seeing as how horribly some of you slept last night.
    "A man springs up in shadows on a narrow path, takes Sheyra, kills Elthan."
    "I believe that most of the evidence here and from my dream point to a conclusion. This conclusion is that we are being followed or watched by one able to travel throgh the shadows, whose goal is to incite us agaisnt each other enough for us to not suspect him, and his plans to kidnap Sheyra."

(OOC: I play my character waay above his actual wisdom score.. Damn point buy.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

8. - Top - End - #338

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"I was the only one who met the assasins, and I'm the only one left who was in the original group that was making our way to Velprintalar. We were all in a tavern when a diplomatic assasination took place. A red haired assasin killed some sort of politician and took an artifact he was carrying...the Kris of Sethra"

Aeroz sheathes his rapier and continues

"A Knight Lithandrill, a rogue named Wottworte, Sedryn and I were captured, jailed and broken out by a representative of the Queen of Hlondeth under her orders. We were then sent on a mission to retreive the artifact. Wottworte broke off, and got exectued a few weeks ago. While on the boat to Velprintalar, we encountered what we expect to be the assasins. That is also where we met Sheyra, and a ranger named Boris. While at a small town, we lost Lithandrill and Boris in a crowd, and met Miles. Shortly after we met Darius and Achby. We travelled to Velprintalar, discovered that we are a few days behind the assasins, and met Lissa and Hajh. After spending a few more weeks in the underdark, we encountered the rest of you."

"There was a death warrant on the heads of Sedryn and I. I doubt any bounty hunter would follow us down here, and from what Lumpy has told us, the assasins took a similar rout to ours and got captured by the drow."
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

9. - Top - End - #339

A thought suddenly hits Achkby.

"And Aeroz... didn't you say that the diplomat who you saw killed was assassinated by someone who disappeared through the shadows? And we know that those women are down here now..."

He glances around, as if thinking that the dark killer might have snuck up behind them while he spoke.

[OOC]Ooh, I worte that all before Aeroz's post... but I think it still fits just fine.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Prisoner

Trinark turns to Lumpy, "Will you please relay this to the rest of your group? (I am assuming he agrees.) "I have two questions that might help illuminate who or what killed your cleric friend. Question one, he seemed rather angry during the last few hours before everyone went to sleep. Was that normal for him? Was he accustomed to fits of anger like that?

"There are many strange creatures that live in the Underdark, not all of which of which can be easily seen. Question two, is anyone in your group able to sense magical auras? Or perhaps the presence of good or evil? Some beings that live in the Underdark are strongly evil."

If Trinark sees anyone gathering "stuff" and trying to make a fire, he will protest very strongly! "Building a fire for something like that is very foolish!"

[Very OOC: I don't think you guys are trying very hard to discover what happened to poor Sedryn.]

11. - Top - End - #341

"Then Elthan and Sheyra will never leave my sight. I'm not having them killed as well."

If he's killed, they'll think I killed him! I have no other choice... even though the bastard probably killed Sedryn, and I should protect Sheyra.

"Someone who moves through the shadows... there are so many damned possibilites."

(OOC: Darius has too low of an intelligence score to think about all the possibilities, and right now his thinking is clouded by his anger so he'll probably insist on the making the fire as well. Another bad idea.)
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, rogue

Lissa's jaw drops as Elthan tells the group about his dream. "Great good gods- you had that dream too? I had the exact same dream, except the dagger came for me." She shivers at the memory. "I don't remember the last time I had a dream so vivid... Hey! Could the dream have something to do with Sedryn's death? I mean, what if he had it too, and he actually died instead of just dreaming he died? Is it even possible to kill somebody through a dream?"

13. - Top - End - #343

"Well actually..." muses Ackhby.

[OOC]Knowledge (Arcana) check please, DR... :-/[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

14. - Top - End - #344

Elthan II

Can they kill someone through a dream? I don't believe so.

"Personally, I dont think a dagger in the chest is as similar a wound as a rock on the head."
    "However he died, I do believe that someone is after Sheyra for some reason. My only guess could be Sethra, but we haven't had any clues to him for ages. And if Sethra then for what? Who is really pulling the strings is a mystery still to be left unsolved, but we do know how he works and what he is after.(Assuming it is a he of course.)"
    "For now, our best course of action is to keep our eyes sharp and head on to the surface. If anything in that dream is real we should hit it soon."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Linda
    Linda the sorceress appears stricken at this sudden death. She hears everyone else speak then thinks for awhile before speaking:
    I have heard of pells to harm someone from afar while sleeping-even from across countries. Though I have not heard of anybody dying of them, this does not mean it could not be done. Even more alarming is that it could have been one of us though not in the way you think. A spell to charm and control another is just as easy as an invisibility spell. If the caster is sufficiently powerful, he could force one of us to kill another. As for the why, like some of you said, a servant of the light might be a major problem in the plans of evil-though I do not believe it was so. More likely, instead of a hindrance, the victim held information the killer may not have wanted to leak out to us. It is the most plausible explanation of only him being the target in my opinion at least.

But what should we do now? I do not know how we can thwart another such attack since we've not done so before-but I do know what we should do to stop accusing eachother. We should share any information we deem important and get to know one another's motives in being where we are. What do you say?

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy listens to the Drow's questions, relaying them in common to the others, as well as responding to the first himself, "He seemed like a nice guy. Only time I saw him mad was when the dwarf kept trying to kill or threaten you."

The orc shifts, perhaps tired of standing around uselessly, "If dreams can kill, I don't think they use big rocks. Either way, most'a the rules tor eality I know don't apply down here" Pushing away from the wall, he moves closer to Sedryn's body, his murky eyes scanning the ground with the looks of someone used to picking out signs. A scowl crosses his features, though, "Rock is worthless fer making tracks."

[ooc: Lumpy will try to pick out tracks himself (very likely futilely), +7 survival]

17. - Top - End - #347

When Darius assaults Elthan, the half-elf merely ***** an eyebrow. "Methinks the archer doth protest too much!" But Elthan seems content to let matters drop when Aeroz interrupts.

When Elthan hears about the shared dream, he scratches his chin. "Hmm. You all seem to be assuming that the dream means that the shadow will try to attack Sheyra in the future. Can we be sure that the dream isn't revealing what has already occurred?"

Elthan seems to abandon this theory, however, when he hears about the possibility of an assassin that travels through the shadows. "Hmm. A shadowdancer? Aeroz, I wish you had shared this with us before now. This changes the possibilities indeed ..."

[hr]
    Linda's suggestion is greeted with nods. Isolated in the darkness, it seems that you have no choice but to trust each other for now ...

[hr]
    Achkby describes how there are reportedly some curses that are reputed to kill people in their sleep through their dreams. Such curses, however, would not be associated with actual physical damage ...

[hr]
    Aeroz claims Sedryn's mace and a medallion with an embossed sunrise that served as Sedryn's divine focus. Aeroz also takes a moment to remove a gold signet ring from Sedryn's hand. Thokk takes up Sedryn's waterskin.

Sedryn's pack contains a generic traveller's outfit. It would likely fit the drow, as would Sedryn's armor. Sedryn's heavy crossbow is in good working order. Fifteen bolts are tied up in a neat bundle.

OOC: Will the clothing, armor, and crossbow be offered to Trinark?

[hr]

No tracks or blood trails can be found on the hard rocky ground. Eventually, a decision is made to leave the caves behind before driders (or worse) catch up with the party.

The party moves out, sadly and warily, with Lumpy carrying Sedryn's body over his shoulders. A faint breeze blows as the party moves downward, led by Trinark. The breeze is faintly salty, a tantalizing promise that the Glimmersea is near. After half of a "day" of walking, the party encounters a series of fissures and vertical shafts extending upward into darkness that offer an opportunity to cremate Sedryn.

Sedryn's body, wrapped in his blanket and bedroll, is gently laid in a shallow depression. Sheyra and Elthan II produce lantern oil that is liberally poured over the body. In a gesture of peace, Thokk donates a number of torches, which are laid around Sedryn's body. Aeroz borrows Lumpy's flint and steel, and sets Sedryn's body ablaze.

As the smoke from the funeral pyre rises upward into endless darkness, some of the party members choose to say a few words in memory of the priest.

When the flames threaten to die down, Elthan I augments them with arcane fire until finally Sedryn's remans have been reduced to ash. Once the ashes have cooled, they are collected into one of Achkby's sacks, and then placed carefully into Lissa's haversack.

18. - Top - End - #348

Chimera

Sheyra

Sheyra watches as Sedryn's body burns. "Maybe Elthan's right," she says. "Maybe I was attacked in some way. I can't shake the feeling that I'm somehow responsible for this. I don't remember anything, but..." her voice trails off.

After about a minute she continues. "I can't think of any monster or assassin that would use a rock to kill someone. I'm the only one here who's unarmed... perhaps someone took control of me and forced me to do it, not knowing about my skills with martial arts."

19. - Top - End - #349

"Don't say such things..." Darius says, standing between Aeroz and Sheyra. He has calmed down and begun to think again.

The warmth of the fire... small comforts... a tiny slice of heaven in the pits of hell... why did I come here? Just along for the ride, like always? Ever since that one night... just along for the ride....

If there's anything this life, this hell has taught me, it's never become attached to anyone because when you lose them... you lose a part of yourself.

I didn't become attached to Sedryn. I barely even knew the man all that well, but I could've stopped his death from happening.
    I could've stayed up the whole night, taken my watch with him, watched outside his room...

So many things I could've done, should've done. But now, I'm no longer along for the ride. Achkby, Aeroz, Sheyra, even Lissa and Hajih, hell, even Lumpy are here. There's no more carefree journeying, there's no more going off on my own... no more people dying because of me...

Those nearby Darius can see his eyes shine for a second, maybe not even at all.

All the people I've killed, all the people I've let be killed. Mother and father, the villagers, the raiders, the innocents, the wizard, my brother, that poor sucker we met on the way to Velprintalar, now Sedryn. If anyone in this party is to die, it'll be me... I'm the only one that deserves it.

"We should go now, there's no telling who has seen that fire."
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, that is a horrible thing, a thumbing to the gods...."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Prisoner

At the conclusion of the ceremony for Sedryn, Trinark turns to Lissa. "Miss Lissa will you please translate for me?"

To the group, "I am not a black-hearted soul like many of my kind. I simply seek freedom, from many things including the Underdark. I realize that seems rather strange coming from me. Perhaps one day I will be able to relate my whole story. Trust does not come easy, least of all for me. I still offer my assistance in guiding you safely to the Glimmersea, and beyond if you desire. You have nothing to fear from me. I await your decision..."

[OOC: I don't know if Trinark was re-bound during the walk to where Sedryn was cremated. However, he didn't do anything to cause suspicion.]

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*In Dwarfen, so possibly nobody else can understand (kinda spiteful)*

"Lad, I dont fully trust yer. However, if you give your word now that you will do what we say, and can live with my sword point at your back should ye try to turn, you will be given yer freedom. Fair enough?"

23. - Top - End - #353

Lizardkin Druid
    On finding no trails evident next to the body the druid was content to let the other s speak up and out but he kept a watchful eye on the newcomer.
    He is unsure as to how he felt about the 'drow'. He remembered the healer collapsing before the altar but could not understand why he did so beyond the magic of the stone itself.

He did not utter a word as he observed the pinkskins carry their dead and watched the ceremony with curiosity and shock which he conveyed to no one.
    They honor their dead by burning them?
    When the others stepped forward to collect the ashes, he stepped forward to receive a portion but quickly stepped back and turned away to hide his confusion. Following the party at the back, his thoughts turn to the drow, noting the clothes he now wears and the lead he now takes.
    A place opens when needed, for this blackskin
    Now it leads us away to the haven the pinkskins seek
    His eyes dart to Sheyra's back but settle back on the drow.
    The pinkskins have proven themselves. The strangers act like other pinkskins. This one's ways are unknown. None died in the night before it came
    He clenches and unclenches his claws tightly.
    I am not such easy prey.. whatever foul magic you possess. Come hunt the hunter. I am harder game than pinkskin
    He breaks into a run from where he had been standing, vanishing into the shadows behind the last party member.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Linda

The white-haired sorceress eyes the drow sceptically, understanding his draconic speech:

As I said before, we cannot trust you if you do not give us some information. However, I shall give you an opportunity to prove yourself since you do not want to win our trust by trusting us yourself.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

25. - Top - End - #355

Chimera

Sheyra

After a thorough search of her hands and clothes, Sheyra is relieved to see that she doesn't have any blood on her. She shakes her head. "The sooner we get out of here, the better," she says. "It's been so long I can hardly remember why we came down here in the first place." Before anyone attempts to remind her, she continues. "And I can't stand eating this fungus for much longer."

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy watches the ceremony with a muted sobriety, though when all is said and done, he seems fairly quick to recover; while far from levity, he returns to his fairly neutral state, balancing the loss of a good companion against his continued desire to keep moving. He doesn't pay much notice to the talk surrounding the drow, the foreign tongues they speak above his notice in their unfamiliarity.

He glances at Sheyra as they speak, as if doubting the small girl capable of such an act, or of fighting in general (as he's never actually seen her fight, thanks to magical darkness. He shrugs it off, "I'll eat yers if ya don't want it."

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

During the ceremony...

As Sedryn's body is set aflame, Lissa allows herself to grieve. Kneeling before the pyre, the tiny rogue's body shakes with muted sobs. As the fire dwindles, she stands and looks up the shaft toward the sky. "May Segojan guide you to your place by Lathander's side, Sedryn." Blowing her nose on a rag with a resounding honk, Lissa wipes her face and soberly accepts the bag of ashes.

After the ceremony:
    As is becoming common for her, Lissa translates Trinark's words into Common for those who don't speak Draconic. She nods in agreement with him."I think we should give Sedryn's clothing, armor, crossbow and bolts to Trinark. Sedryn was a generous soul... I believe he would have wanted this."

Lissa repeats her statement in Draconic for the drow. She automatically looks at him as she speaks, and a strange expression comes across her face. One can almost see the figurative candle lighting up over her head. "Hey, I just thought of something! Trinark, the drow favor magics of illusion and darkness, don't they? The ones we encountered certainly used enough darkness spells! What if the kobold-spawn who left you on that altar decided to watch your death on their crystal ball for kicks, and saw that you got rescued? I bet they'd be pretty mad... and they'd want us to kill you for them!" Lissa gestures animatedly, her speech getting faster. "So we've got a pissed-off drow mage or two who want Trinark here dead, preferably in an ugly and painful fashion. If they're spying on us, they know some members of the party are likely to do just that given half a chance. They also know we've got a cleric who can cast detect evil and say for certain whether or not we can trust him. A frontal assault on a party our size is dangerous and costly, as we proved by squashing those accursed spider-things. So what does our drow mage do?" The gnome smacks a fist into her palm. "Stealth and treachery! Eliminate the cleric, probably by sneaking in under an illusion or invisibility spell, and hope that natural prejudices bring us to kill Trinark in the absence of proof that he's not evil!"

28. - Top - End - #358

Elthan listens to Lissa's words thoughtfully.

As the party marches on toward the Glimmersea, Elthan converses with Achkby. "Lissa might be on to something. Sedryn was planning to detect evil upon awakening. Perhaps someone among us did not want that to occur. If Sedryn had been able to cast his spell, then perhaps one of us would have been exposed as an imposter or fraud ...

"If we are being chased by assassins that can travel through the shadows, then of course we must take precautions so that we are not caught by surprise again. BUT, at the same time, we need to be on guard against treachery from within as well ..."

[hr]
    The marching becomes easier as the passages widen into long galleries. A faint roar can be heard. Hajih is the first to recognize the sound, "The Glimmersea! We must be getting close."

The smell of salt water becomes stronger the longer you march. Soon puddles of brackish water appear underfoot. The journey to the Sea is almost complete ...

[hr]
    Trinark accepts the clothing and armor (having nothing else to wear). He fumbles awkwardly with the heavy crossbow however, clearly unfamiliar with its workings. Lumpy sighs and gives him some basic instructions. For safety, he suggests keeping the crossbow unloaded for now.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

Lumpy's instructions are given stiffly, in a rough monotone. If anything, it sounds like he's repeating the lessons of a militia instructor by rote, calling them from memory. but as the saying goes, those that can't do, teach, and those that can't teach, become mercenaries, and Lumpy eventually gives up, "Just watch where you point the blasted thing. Gods help you if you shoot me."

Lumpy seems otherwise conflicted at the signs of nearing the Glimmersea, weighing the chance of escaping the Underdark against the fact that his last redezvous with the underground ocean went rather badly. He intones a warning, "Watch it, there's still a good chance fer more drow around here."

30. - Top - End - #360

Lizardkin Druid
    Hearing his words causes the druid to take a wary look all around. His eyes continue to rest on the drow. Seeing the 'hoo-mun' fighter guard the little pinkskin gladdens him but he says nothing about the now-armed drow. One skilled to kill while tied and bound in total silence wouldn't need a weapon to be any more dangerous. The lizardkin notes the unfamiliarity he wields it with.

Dreams of a strange dagger killing us... seen by all

He scuffs out the few tracks that are left by the others and steps forward.
    Who does it come for next?
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."