New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Lumpy

Lumpy eventually settles near the back, dark-eyed gaze glancing occasionally behind him. If a split or something else forces them to make a choice on direction, he'll come up to try and pick up tracks, or some kind of sign. Otherrwise, he'll stay back until he sees the claw drider ( against who he will probably charge on sight)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby shoulders his way into the middle of the pack, not too close to either the front or the back. I'll just get in the way if we meet something unpleasant, and my spells have a good enough range.
    He doesn't, though, mind taking a flank.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ill Take front and center. If anything tries to ambush us, I will see it comming and DESTROY IT

4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aeroz

The elf sheathes his rapier and readies his crossbow. He moves behind the dwarf warrior, readying to shoot anything that could be a danger to the party (besides Thokk ;D)
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

5. - Top - End - #515

Elthan II

*Elthan says nothing, but maintains a face of determination and hatred. He cast two spells, one which makes him glow slightly and another which eminates cold from his hands. He takes a position behind the front line.*

(OOC: Mage Armor and Chill Touch.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

6. - Top - End - #516

Thokk and the lizardman take the point standing almost shoulder to shoulder. Just behind them and slightly to the sides are Hajih and Fizahn bearing everburning torches. The four of them form a vanguard that moves about 20 feet ahead of the rest of the party.

The Elthans flank Aeroz, forming the front line of the main party. All three are armed with loaded crossbows. Behind them stand Achkby, Linda, and Sheyra, with Linda in the center holding aloft her illuminated staff. Darius takes up position behind Linda with his longbow ready. He keeps an eye toward the rear.

Trinark and Lumpy form the rearguard. They hang back about 20 feet from the main party, scanning the passage behind them to sure no one sneaks up from behind.

[hr]
    The party moves ahead with deliberate speed. Hajih proves himself useful for once as he tracks the driders through the tunnels. They seem to be moving carelessly, leaving scrape marks and disturbed gravel in their wake.

After a series of twists and turns, the party finds itself in a different part of the Underdark than they had passed through previously. Here the tunnels appear to have been worked, rather than formed naturally. The passages become straighter and decorative carvings and draconic script can occasionally be appreciated in the stone walls.

Eventually, the trail ends in a darkstone wall covered in intricate carvings. The material of the wall is the same as that of the altar where Trinark was to be sacrificed. The stone seems to drink in the light cast by the everburning torches.

Fizahn immediately begins his inspection. He finds the outline of a secret door camouflaged by the carvings. The door was cunningly concealed and might have been almost impossible to detect if not for the fact that it seems to have been closed imperfectly, leaving a fraction of a millimeter offset that Fizahn's sensitive fingers were able to detect.

Hajih moves forward with his rapier in order to pry open the secret door ...

7. - Top - End - #517

"Wait..." hisses Achkby quietly.

He begins casting a spell that mimics Elthan's.

"Is anyone else lightly armored? I won't give you this protection right now, but I want to know who might need it later."

[OOC]Mage Armor[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

8. - Top - End - #518

Lizardkin Druid

The lizardkin druid draws his remaining barbed dart and stands with his back facing Fizahn and the hairy pinkskin or du-arf(as fizahn had taught him) who refused to be budged. Guarding their backs as they inspected the door, his eyes roamed the darkstone cavern ceiling expectantly.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

Scanning into the darkness around the group, Trinark whispers in Elven to Aeroz, "Would you please lend me a weapon? I would prefer that mace you have there, but I will settle for a dagger. If we get into the thick of things, I would at least like to defend myself."

10. - Top - End - #520

Elthan II

*Elthan tosses his crossbow to Trinark and a secure bolt case.*
    *Elven*
    "Take my crossbow, your most likely a better shot than I.*He switches to draconic.*"And for what I'm doing I'm going to do I dont need a bow..."
    *He keeps his staff ready to draw, and keeps his cold, blue hands ready to strike.*

(OOC: Though sorcerers should stay in back, Elthan is still pissed at spiders, overridding his logic. Throw in the sorcerer!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Haha, spiders squish like everything else, you just need to POUND THEM INTO THE GROUND"

*Thokk moves to whatever position he things he will be able kill the most things*

12. - Top - End - #522

Darius

"I don't like the looks of this... there's a trap waiting for us. Darius says, gritting his teeth.

He heads around to the side of the trap door and pulls back the drawstring. When the door is opened, if he sees anything down there he'll fire an arrow at it.

Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy snorts, " 'course it's a trap. It's ALWAYS a trap. Just pry the stupid thing open and get it over with.

He still throws the occasional glance backwards, but seems ready to work his way forward if that's where the driders are.

14. - Top - End - #524

Hajih goes to work on the secret door, working his rapier into the barely visible seam in an attempt to pry the door open. He grunts and sweats, but seems to make little headway.

Meanwhile, the lizardman looks up at the ceiling warily. Although the wall with the secret door appears to be made of darkstone, the ceiling looks more like natural stone. Dozens of stalactites hang downward, but there are no spiders or driders visible in between them.

Hajih turns back toward Thokk and Fizahn. "Maybe there's a secret button or someth ... urk!" Hajih looks down in surprise at the barbed spike that suddenly protrudes from his sternum.

Simultaneously, the entire area is plunged into darkness. Fluttering noises are audible, then screams and muffled shouts as members of the party are attacked by unseen creatures ...

OOC: Hajih triggers a wyvern arrow trap. The party is plunged into magical darkness. Each character is attacked by something. Linda and Elthan II are hit each taking 6 points of damage.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The burly orc sounds almost satisfied between the trap and the darkness, even as he feels about for whatever is trying to attack him, "See? Always."

He waves his free hand a few times, before gripping his flail fully, trying to discern something worth swinging at.

(OOC: If Lumpy can figure out what's attacking him, he'll take a swing at it.)

16. - Top - End - #526

Lizardkin Druid
    Ssathiya swings his shield protectively over his face as he crouches and rolls out of the darkness. He jumps up, a claw refelxively slahing upwards.

OOC: He will fight with shield and 1 claw + secondary bite. his priority is to protect Sheyra by getting her out then take out the new threat. He will kill anyting in his way.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra

Sheyra feels around for the creatures attacking her, trying to punch them.

And then they made me their cheif.

18. - Top - End - #528

The flapping noises continue as each of you is buffeted by leathery slaps.

Linda's screams are strangely muffled as her staff clatters to the ground.

Something grabs Elthan's face, but he rips it away with his chill touch.

Lumpy feels around blindly for a target. Something flutters in front of him, but when he swings his flail, he hits only air.

The lizardman rolls off to the side, shield raised protectively. His claws rake someone or something. Thokk begins to swing his sword wildly at any sound or movement. Fizahn shouts out a warning only to get cut from behind.

Sheyra lashes out with her hands, knocking something out of the air. She is then almost knocked over by Darius who is having trouble finding a target with his bow.

Trinark and Achkby are slammed from all directions. Aeroz draws his rapier and thrusts into the darkness, stabbing something, but whether it is friend or foe is unclear.

OOC: Achkby takes 5 damage. Fizahn takes 6 damage. Linda takes 7 points of constriction damage. Trinark takes 5 damage.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Sorry Laddie! Everyone spread out and get against a wall! shorter people try and get out of the darkness!"

*Thokk will take a double move out of the darkness towards the nearest wall*

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

Trinark will try to use "Fight Defensively" (using his shield) in order to protect himself. He will also move back in the direction the group came from in a sincere effort to get clear of the darkness.

21. - Top - End - #531

Achkby casts a swift divinitory spell and then crouches down. He hurries back towards the nearest wall he can remember.

[OOC]Detect Magic, I suppose. :-/[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

22. - Top - End - #532

Elthan II

*Elthan begins to back away from the doorway, hopefully the direction out of the darkness. He prepares to defend against anything in the darkness.*

This better not delay us to long from getting those driders.

(OOC: Full defense(or fighting defensivly?) and move.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half Orc Warrior

"Hold still so I can hit ya!" Lumpy whirls his flail, keeping it about head level in hopes of swatting down anything that tries to go for his face, beginning to back up after the others as well.

(OOC: Swing again, then back up after the others)

24. - Top - End - #534

Bumping and scraping against the stone walls, individual members of the party attempt to retreat from the darkstone doorway. Enveloped in total darkness, the party soon finds itself scattered in disarray.

Only Thokk, Trinark, Lumpy, and the lizardman are able to see anything at all, thanks to their darkvision. They observe three pockets of magical darkness moving and stumbling about.

Linda staggers out of one of the pockets of darkness with a small leathery conical monster wrapped around her face. The lizardman grabs the monster with both clawed hands, ripping it off of Linda's head. Linda falls to her knees, gasping for air. "I'm blind!!!" she cries out horrified.

"Darkmantle ..." observes Trinark in draconic. Other darkmantles flit in and out of the areas of magical darkness attacking the non-seeing members of the party ...

25. - Top - End - #535

Fizahn:

Fizahn quickly loops his torch into his belt, taking an extra second to make sure it's secure. He then begins jumping and diving back the way they came. Once he is able to see the glow from his everburning torch, he will reorient himself and attack any enemies in sight.

OOC: Tumble +10
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, EVERYONE THAT CAN HERE MY VOICE COME TOWARDS ME! ILL RIP THE BEASTIES FROM YER FACE"

27. - Top - End - #537

Aeroz, Elf Fighter/Rogue

Aeroz draws his rapier and pokes upwards at the darkness, hoping that maybe he can catch the thing. He then takes a few steps to where Thokk's voice is coming from.

[OOC: Mwk Rapier +8 (1d6+1), Draw weapon, 5 ft step to towards Thokk's voice; AC 17, HP ? (Need d10 Roll DR) and since Aeroz cannot see, he does not know that the thing is dead]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

28. - Top - End - #538

Lizardkin Druid
    Aftter ripping aprt the creature and dumping it on the floor, He hold the shield aloft and walk towards the moving pockets of darkness, intent on 'feeling' for the creature and ripping it off the head of another ppackmate.

OOC: If he sees them flitting, he will try to catch them and drag one to the ground, hopefully, Thokk will mash them up beside me.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Glad to finally escape the magical darkness, which was VERY quickly becoming his least favorite thing, Lumpy follow's the Lizard's example, moving back up towards an edge in hopes of hitting one of them as it flits out.

(OOC: Lumpy will move back up towards the darkness, ready an action to hit any of them that come near him.)

30. - Top - End - #540

"I sense 3 auras of magic around us!" announces Achkby, finally letting the light-accustomed members of his party know a bit about what's going on.
    If the guys who can see in the dark know what's going on... then the magic must be darkness around the torches. So here's some light!

He keeps backing towards the wall, and cast another easy spell.

[OOC]Dancing Lights, unless you don't think Achkby could actually draw that conclusion. It might be a stretch... :-/[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE