New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

The spiders pounce on Lumpy, fangs dripping with venom. He feels sharp pinpricks as the spiders find gaps between his armor, then a wave of nausea washes over him. His flail feels three times as heavy as it should, but he smashes one of the spiders into oblivion. A second spider is disintegrated by Achkby's wand.

The skull drider scuttles for cover as Darius fires two more arrows with frightening accuracy. One arrow shatters on the stone beam, but the second catches the drider in the chest. The drider is knocked off of his beam, but it manages to catch a hold of another. It hisses as it retreats, placing as much cover as possible between itself and Darius.

Four more spiders plop down onto the ledge, behind Sheyra and Darius. One tries to web the archer, but he dodges the spray as he draws another pair of arrows. Sheyra spins and kicks, keeping the four spiders at bay for the moment, while Elthan attempts to help free Linda from the spider webbing.

Aeroz rises up from the darkness below. He smiles, hovering in midair, Lissa's cocooned form cradled in his arms ...

OOC: Lumpy takes a total of 11 damage and 6 STR damage. The skull drider takes 12 points of damage. Two spiders are killed. Sheyra misses a spider. The spiders miss.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa stopped screaming once Aeroz grabbed her, and for a bit she was silent and wide-eyed, staring at Aeroz as if she couldn't quite believe what was happening. Then the words pour forth in a barely comprehensible rush. "OmigodsAerozthankyousomuchIthoughtIwasDEA D! AndthenIsaweverybodyandIfeltsohorriblethatyouhadto comeformeandwhatifsomebodydied?" She pauses for breath, and tears are just visible through the hole in the cocoon. "I'm so sorry... if I had been more alert on watch this wouldn't have happened... ooh, I feel sick, one of those cursed spiders bit me. Did anyone bring my crossbow and gear? If I have my crossbow, I'll bloody well shoot me some spiders once I'm out of this thing, poison or no."

(OOC: YAY! She lives! ;D Don't get too far away, Lumpy, Lissa needs her stuff!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

3. - Top - End - #603
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

Thrashing his flail furiously, but with increasing sluggishness, Lumpy curses fluently. Quickly considering his options, his attention turns to the bracelet Aeroz tossed him. He was desperate, and he needed at least some sort of reprieve.

With a resigned scowl, the broad orc throws up one last series of defensive blows, growling the elf's word haltingly, "Axelaka" He was in it now, if the stupid thing didn't work like the elf said, he wouldn't have much longer to worry about it.

((OOC: Total defense, then try to activate the bracelet and levitate out of reach.

And Lumpy's already too far away. Bit off more than I could chew. I'll work on getting it back to her, but she might not have any potions left when it gets there.))

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fizahn:

Fizahn looks around for a second and draws his "short sword." He then goes over to help Sherya combat the spiders. Jumping among them, he tries to maneuver into a flanking position with her.

OOC: The old tumble to get flanking. Tumble +9 Attack +7 Damage 1d4+2 (+2d6 sneak attack)
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 07:47 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

5. - Top - End - #605

Aeroz

"The half orc has your stuff. If you wanna fight, there is a dagger in my sleeve. You can use that in the meanwhile."

Aeroz moves quickly towards a good spot with little or no spiders there and puts Lissa down. He uses a dagger to cut through the webbing and when he is done, he grabs his rapier and moves towards the nearest drider in order to flank it with another party member.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Heard from a long way down the hall....*

"IM COMMING LITTLE LASSIE"

7. - Top - End - #607
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

Emerging from the webs, Trinark looks tired and ragged but grimly determined. Weilding his newfound "tool" (a longsword), he moves toward the Drider hiding behind the throne. Shouting in Undercommon at the Drider, "Come on you miserable excuse for a half-breed! Lets see what you got left!"

[OOC: Trinark is planning to use Total Defense, and engage the Drider. Without the shield and with TD, I believe Trinark's AC is 20. This is a ruse for the Drider, he is trying to lure/goad the Drider into giving up the cover of the thone. Hopefully, this will give Darius, Aeroz et. al. a chance to inflict some damage while Trinark "dances" with the Drider.]

8. - Top - End - #608

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

"You got her!" cries Achkby, ecstatic.

He moves to just behind Sheyra and casts a straightforward spell to sheath his protector is a coating of magical force.
    "Stand strong, girl! You can take those measly little giant spiders!"

[OOC]Cast Mage Armor on Sheyra. If she falls, I'm done for.[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

9. - Top - End - #609

Darius

"Get yer arse back here!" he yells after the fleeing drider.

"Hahaha! You can't get me you little bastard! Someone take out that spider I got bigger game to hunt!"

He continues mumbling prayers under his breath, only bits of which can be heard by those around him, "... and through the flame... let fly..."

Launching another two arrows after the drider he yells "No amount of cover in the world can stop me now."
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

10. - Top - End - #610
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra

Sheyra seems upset by all the recent events, but grits her teeth in determination and kicks at the spider again. "I am NOT losing anyone else!" she says.
    And then they made me their cheif.

11. - Top - End - #611

Claw Drider

The Drider skitters around the side of the throne, intent on protectively fighting the Drow away from the corpse.

12. - Top - End - #612

Lumpy fends off the two remaining spiders, careful not to lose his footing on the narrow bridge. The spiders maneuver to flanking positions around the half-orc. Lumpy fumbles for Aeroz's bracelet, hoping for a chance to activate it.

Darius fires two more flaming arrows at the skull drider, who has scuttled out of sight. Meanwhile, Aeroz cuts Lissa free of the webbing and hands her a dagger. He then draws his rapier and turns back towards the others.

More spiders drop to the bridge, cutting off the party from the entrance. Sheyra crushes one of the spiders with a mightly blow, but the dead spider is immediately replaced by another one. Achkby casts a protective spell on Sheyra, which helps keep the spiders from biting her.

Fizahn slashes another spider viciously with his weapon. The spider spurts black fluids, but manages to sink its fangs into Fizahn's leg. Fizahn fights off the effects of the spider venom as Elthan blasts the spider into tiny fragments with a pair of magic missiles.

Linda tears the last remaining shreds of webbing from her arms, and burns an attacking spider to a crisp with a scorching ray.

Behind the throne, out of view, Trinark and the claw drider square off.

The crystal amulet on the breast of the drow priestess' corpse begins to pulsate. The low subharmonics seem to excite the monstrous spiders into an even greater frenzy. The blackness almost seems to come alive as spiders materialize from above and below, converging on the party ...

13. - Top - End - #613

Aeroz

Aeroz moves to flank the Claw drider with Trinark

"Well drow, looks like we're gonna have to be friends after all"

Aeroz lunges at the drider with his rapier.

[OOC: MW Rapier +10 (+2 Flanking), 3d6 damage (Rapier+Flanking Sneak attack]

Spoiler
    Show

JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Lissa fumbles with Aeroz's dagger, then shrugs and tucks it into her belt. Tall-folk weapons are too big for me... even this dagger, the hilt is too wide. He looks busy, I'll give it back later. Drawing her gnome-sized rapier with shaking hands, she heads for the besieged Sheyra. Maybe I can take one of those things from the side, or behind. Ohh, I feel so weak... I have to do what I can, though.

(OOC: Stow Aeroz's dagger, draw the rapier which presumably stayed in its scabbard, try to flank a spider with Sheyra.)

15. - Top - End - #615
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

Sensing the increasing desperation of the groups situation, Trinark realizes what he must do. Continuing his defensive stance, he withdraws to the side of the thone.

When the moment is right, he reaches for the amulet around the skeleton's neck.

[OOC: DR, if Trinark manages to grab the amulet he will wait a moment to see if there is some ill effect. If not, he intends to put it on.]

[OOC2: I'm hoping the amulet may be able to control the spiders...I hope.]

16. - Top - End - #616

"Damn these creatures! Get them away!"

"Lumpy, forget the Drider! Deal with the thigns surrounding you!"

Achkby sees the skeleton shaking, and the focuses in on the amulet.
    "Brandobaris grant me aim!" he cries, casting a spell, and slings his last bolt of acid directly towards the emblem.

[OOC]Casting un-augmented Melf's Acid Arrow at the amulet. This is, of course, assuming that I go before Trinark. If I don't, I'll just blast a spider with the wand... unless the do somethign weird. If they do, I'll blast a Drider instead.[/color]"
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

17. - Top - End - #617

Darius

"Wait! Drow, don't touch that! It may be cursed!" Darius says as the drow reaches for the amulet.

Darius slides his bow back onto his back, whipping out his longsword and plunging it into the nearest spider.

((Yes, I know Trin can't understand Darius))
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

18. - Top - End - #618

Claw Drider

The Drider, now swaying his head in tune with the low throbbing permeating the chamber, screeches an unintelligable curse at the pit-elf and moves between him and the throne, attempting to initiate a grapple and disarm. If successful he will use the Drow as a shield as he moves alongside the throne.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Skull Drider

As it manevuered into position along the stone beams it imperciptly began to wiggle back and forth in time to the pulsations. A low hiss came out of its throat as it got into position above the flaming arrow man, making sure to keep the beam between it and him.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #620

Lumpy breaks free of the spiders for a moment crying out, "AXELAKA!" Lumpy rises off of the stone bridge until he is hovering out of reach of the two remaining spiders.

[hr]
    Lissa grits her teeth and valiantly jumps into the battle against the spiders near the doorway, joining Sheyra, Darius, and Fizahn as they fight to keep the spiders from overrunning the party. Shoulder to shoulder, they block one end of the bridge, crushing, stabbing, and slashing. Dead and dying spiders are knocked off the bridge to the rocks below or are trampled by fresh spiders scrambling to reach the party. Despite their efforts, it seems as if there is no end to the monstrous creatures.

Just when they begin to despair, however, the iron doors burst open revealing Thokk, the lizardman, and Elthan holding up an everburning torch! Without pausing for pleasantries, the three of them tear into the spiders from their rear - Thokk lays into the spiders with his sword while the lizardman and Elthan use their bare hands to rip into the spiders. Now flanking the spiders from both sides, the adventurers make quick work of the remaining spiders, meeting in the middle when the last spider is killed.

[hr]
    Aeroz runs across the bridge, charging to aid Trinark who is alone by the throne. The two spiders that Lumpy escaped from are still blocking the bridge, but Aeroz skewers one without breaking his stride. Almost simultaneously, Elthan and Linda blast the second one into tiny fragments.

[hr]
    Either not understanding or not hearing Darius' warning, Trinark reaches for the amulet. Achkby "holds his fire" but is horrified to see the corpse animate, grabbing Trinark's wrist and shaking its dessicated head as if to say, "I don't think so ..."

Trinark falls to his knees as the corpse rises to her feet and the purple pulsations from the amulet intensify.

The claw drider shrinks back behind the throne and the skull drider conceals himself behind the stone beams.

OOC: Thokk, Elthan and the lizardman return! Elthan uses chill touch. The spiders are eventually slain.

The corpse animates. I need each player to make a private DC 16 Will save (you don't have to send me the rolls). If you fail, your character will be paralyzed with fear for 1d4 rounds.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

[OOC: I don't know if the female drow skeleton released him or not.]

Feeling a sudden wave of terror wash over him, Trinark concentrates on the hate and loathing he carries for all followers of Lolth. The wave subsides, and Trinark prepares to battle with the skeleton.

Trinark plans to engage the animated female skeleton in melee. He is forced to use his newfound longsword.

[OOC: -2 to hit with the longsword, I believe.]

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa

Lissa's rapier arm sags once the last spider is killed, and a sheen of sweat is on her unnaturally pale face. Clearly, the spider poison has taken its toll. Despite this, she manages a smile for the new arrivals. "Glad to see you three could make it. As you see, we can seriously use your hel-"

Just then, the corpse's amulet activates.

Lissa drops her ichor-covered rapier on the path with a clatter, falling to her knees. "Noooo...", she moans. Dark eyes are wide with fear as the gnome huddles on the stone.

(OOC: Rogues and Will saves... it's just not pretty. Sigh. And she's not prone! She's kneeling!)

23. - Top - End - #623

Lizardkin Druid
    Crashing in behind Thokk and Elthan, the lizardkin attacks the spiders ferociously. He turns in mid-snarl, to see a dead body arise over the drow. The shock of seeing an undead was replaced by disgusted wrath as he steps towards it but as a pulse emitted from the amulet, waves of fear pushed him back. The unnatural terror chilling him to the core and freezing him in place.

OOC: ugh.. bad roll
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

24. - Top - End - #624

Fiazhn:

Having helped defeat the spiders, Fizahn turns around to face the drider with Trinark. He begins to move toward them when the skeleton rises. He doesn't take any more steps and just stands there with a look of utmost horror on his face.

OOC: I didn't even need to look at his save to know he failed... Paralyzed for 2 rounds, unless you're rolling that.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #625

Chimera

Sheyra

The spiders defeated, Sheyra turns to the other side of the bridge just in time to see the corpse animate. She feels a twinge of fear, but ignores it and starts making her way towards the new threat.

OOC: Good roll + good saves = good times.
    And then they made me their cheif.

26. - Top - End - #626

Darius

"Took y'all long enough and- woah!"

Darius sheaths his sword in fear, but then draws his bow, firing a flaming arrow towards the undead's neck.

((Yes! A 16 [+1 so 17]))
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

27. - Top - End - #627

Aeroz

Aeroz notices the dead priestess rise and he feels a quivering in his lower stomach. He shrugs it off and flies toward the preistess, both weapons at a ready.

[OOC: NATURAL 20!!! And just my luck, I'm gonna get all critical misses for the next 5 rounds. Moving 40ft from current position (Fly)]

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628

Urgh. I wanted to do something useful.. shoot the thing..

Almost done with his spell, Achkby pauses merely a word away from its completion as Trinark reaches for the amulet.
    No.
    He watches, horrified, as Trinark is caught and forced down.
    As the amulet begins to pulse, he shrinks away, seeing most of his companions stop in shock as it does.
    No. Not now. Not now, we are not going to lose now, I am not going to, I can't give up now. Now is the time for action, not to shy away from doing. You have the soul of a dragon, Achkby, use it.
    And he forces aside the terror creeping over him, finishes the spell, and sends it flying away towards the skeleton.
    "No you don't!" he yells into the silence.

[OOC]Yay. Drama. Internal struggle. Good stuff.
    And I can't believe I made that save... even with 7 Wisdom, 16 + 5 base -2 mod =19. Yay![/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

*Still dripping in spider*

"THOU SHALL DIE AND STAY DEAD!"

OOC:
    Thokk has an amazing will of +0
    -1 wis, and +1 base

I do have the +2 bonus against spells and spell like abilities, but I dont think Thokk will be happy...

30. - Top - End - #630

Elthan II

*Elthan see's the corpse rise up by Trinark, and thinks all at once, passing seemlessly through the 'wave' of fear spreading from it
    The drow awoke some undead. This should be fun, but my spells aren't going to be as effective on it as they where on the spiders. At least there are a few large ones left to squish.

(OOC: Elthan will move so as to get a direct line to the neaest spider and cast Ray of Enfeeblement. He will try not to get closer than 35ft.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar