New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Lizardkin Druid

Placing Thokk's body gently beside Hajih's, Ssathiya stands up head down and panting from the exertion. He nods his head in thanks to Aeroz's assistance. He frowns seeing the dwarf's sword in Aeroz's keeping but says nothing. Kneeling down and arranging Thokk's aems across his chest, he stands up and closes his eyes and seems to be in prayer.

Brave Bear-roar, worthy packmate. You died defending your pack from grave danger as I stood frozen in terror. Forgive me my cowardice. Forgive me my failure. If you were of the people and among them. Your remains would be nonored and consumed not burnt as fuel or buried to rot. but you are pinkskin and your customs strange and insulting as it may seem to me are YOUR ways. Rest your spirit in the eternal hunting grounds. The hunt will go on and your name shall be spoken over the remains of Sethra so the kill may be yours as well

He moves off with an unreadable expression. Seeing the 2 captives, his expression hardens.
    Enough have died in their sleep....
    He roots through his pack, emerging with 2 spore pods carefully wrapped.More I will need soon if our ...new pinkskins are ro remain
    Tossing it to the one tying the prisoners up, he instructs that the pods be aimed at the face. The soporific effect of the spores would knock them out.

He then lies on his belly beside Sheyra with his back to her, facing the others. He watches the prisoners intently but glances to Trinark occasionally.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

The glow from two everburning torches keeps the gloom away, and there are small niches created by a number of supporting pillars, allowing semi-privacy (though no one is out of sight of any of the others). All four doors are secured from the inside, making the room about as safe as it can get in the middle of an abandoned drow outpost deep within the Underdark.

Stomachs growl, reminding everyone that the party is out of rations. Now with more mouths to feed, the situation is even more dire. At least there is plenty of water to go around.

As everyone settles down and prepares for some much needed rest, silence descends on the chamber.

A low rhythmic whistling sound becomes audible as the room becomes quiet. It sounds like faint breathing, but the sound is coming from Hajih ...

3. - Top - End - #753

Darius

"Hey Hajih! Shut the hell... wait a second, Hajih's dead!"

Darius sits up. "Does anyone have water? Something to wake him up? How about those herbs?"

If worst comes to worst just slap him in the face... hehe.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

4. - Top - End - #754

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby eventually shudders to a rest. He slides over to his own stretch of wall, and curls around his pack. He smiles glumly at everyone around him, lost in his own thoughts.

He furtively slides a hand into his pack, and feels around for the little piece of cloth... yes. There it is. He breaks a little piece off of the round food-thing wrapped in it and surreptisiously eats it, crumb by miniscule fragment.

He barely glances up when Darius speaks, writing it off to the warrior's strange new mannerisms.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy manages a weak snort in response to Darius, as if the answer were obvious, "My flail." He doesn't get the chance to press the issue though as he is assaulted by a crazy gnome.

For a moment, he protests, but can't seem to bring himself to throw her off, be it from his poor condition or otherwise. An uncomfortable look crosses his face, as if he's unused to this sort of thing, and he just settles back against her attack, hurridly muttering, "Yeah, yeah, I'm alive." He does look thouroughly surpised by the relavation that he'd been knocked from the bridge, as if he weren't even aware of anything after that last hit.

Eventually, the broad orc musters the strength to move again, removing his armor and setting his pack to rights. He seems to have given up on his flail, though he still retains a profoundly sad look over the lost weapon. When everything has been rearranged properly, he tosses Lissa what's left of her things, settling back against a wall. In time he drifts into flitting, uneasy sleep, with no concern for worries like setting watch or otherwise. A furrowed brow indicates he's got plenty of worries on his mind anyway.

What in the Hell happened? How could I lose Grinder? And where in Faerun did those extra ones come from?

6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

The oddly dressed ranger groans and mutters
    "I'm alive, no need to douse me."
    Uggh, that’s the second time this has happened, how many times is this going to happen? The last time this happened... Hajih sits up and rubs his eyes. He glances over at the tied up humans.
    "Something tells me I woke up at a 'busy' moment."
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

7. - Top - End - #757

Aeroz

Hearing Hajh's voice, Aeroz ***** his head to the side and sees that the rather inept guide seems to be alive.

"Your dead. Why are you talking if your dead?" the elf remarks
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

8. - Top - End - #758

Hajih sits up with a dazed look on his face. The tip of the barbed arrow still protrudes from his breastbone, but it must have just missed his heart. The ranger looks down at the arrow sticking out of his chest with mild interest.

Linda gently removes the arrow using another healing spell.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Eventually Lissa regains her composure, apologizing to Lumpy, thanking him profusely, and collecting her things. She looks quite happy to have her crossbow and magic haversack back, though a bit disappointed over the apparent loss of her purple everburning torch. Lissa offers a healing potion to Lumpy and one to Elthan II, since both of them look pretty bad. Giving Aeroz back his loaned dagger (and thanking him), she sets up her bedroll near the other short folk and cleans herself up with a quick incantation. The sharp-eyed might notice Lissa examining a small green gem before she settles into her bedroll.

Some time later...

Lissa is just drifting off to sleep when the whistling sound starts from Hajih's bedroll. Drowsily, she rolls over to look... and her eyes pop open at the sight of a conscious Hajih. "Great good gods! You're alive! What next, food from the heavens?" The gnome scrambles out of her bedroll and over to the wounded ranger. "You want a healing potion, Hajih? I think I've got one left... and thank you for coming after me! I thanked everyone else (I think), but you were kinda out of it. I would've been spider chow if not for all of you... or worse." Lissa shivers violently, glancing at Callos and Djital.

(OOC: The 'quick incantation' is Lissa's racial prestidigitation ability.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

10. - Top - End - #760

Darius

"Haha... he's dead! Ha... eh... uh... oh. Oww, my neck! Stupid drider! Hey, which of you guys bit my neck? Say you're sorry!

Well Hajih, I guess you're not dead, that or we're all dead. Funny, cause I always thought dead people could fly. I always wanted to fly... hey Aeroz, you can fly right? Teach me how to do that soometime!"

I believe I can fly... I believe I can touch the sky...
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

11. - Top - End - #761

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby flicks a pebble at Darius. "I wish the dead didn't talk so much," he grunts from his bedroll in which he is now encased. He props himself to a sitting position against the wall, shivering a tad, and pulls out the little ring, tumbling it over in front of his eyes.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

12. - Top - End - #762

Elthan II

Elthan sits in a corner on his bedroll. Somwthing lurkd at the back of his mind. Something tempting. Something round. Something.... Ginger.

"Cookie...."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

13. - Top - End - #763

Lissa generously offers her last potion of cure light wounds, but it seems to have little beneficial effect on Hajih, perhaps due to the effect of the poison in his system.

Sheyra watches over the prisoners as they shiver in their sleep. Her instincts told her that the two men were speaking the truth, that they had been transformed into driders against their will. The two men seemed to retain some memory of their ordeal, and seemed to sincerely regret any harm they had caused while transformed. One mentioned a ferry of some kind, and Sheyra allows herself to hope that there actually might be a way out of this gods-forsaken hellhole.

Being one of the few members of the party who had escaped injury (thanks to her training and the assistance of Achkby's mage armor spell), Sheyra volunteers to take the lion's share of the watch for this rest period.

The overall situation is not encouraging. About a third of the party is poisoned, and almost all are bleeding or nursing broken bones. Food is non-existent and supplies are running low.

Thankfully, Linda is still able to provide plenty of clean, fresh water to drink.

OOC: Remember to keep an eye on your character's HP.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

His fitful sleep finally drawing to a close, Lumpy shifts back into full consciousness, rolling gingerly up onto his feet and taking stock of himself.

It wasn't pretty. His nose was still crushed, courtesy of the late dwarf, whom he spared a glance half spite and half pity. Probing with his hands told him that his scalp was still torn up fairly bad from the rockfall, even through the growing layer of hair slowly accumulating there: he hadn't had a chance to shave it in a while, and that bothered him as well. A blotchy line of semicircular bruises ringed his chest shoulder and neck, courtesy of a darkmantle. And to top it off, that infernal priestess' one hit upon him felt like it had done more damage than the rest combined. All across his upper right pect and shoulder, dull fire burnt where she'd nailed him. Instinct told him that he was probably packing a few cracked ribs, and he wouldn't be suprised if his collarbone was messed up as well.

Worst of all though, his flail was gone, the weapon that had served him so well for years. Part of him still pined for his loss, but deeper in, another part recognized that it was time to move along. He was still alive, and he could still walk, which meant he could still walk out of this pit, if he could just find a way.

He turns, kneeling among his things, retrieving the cookie he'd promised himself he would enjoy; the promise was broken, the scant nourishment downed in one senseless gulp. More imortant things afoot.

Imperiously, he turns to face the others, posture straightening agonizingly. He glances around rapidly, singling out Darius with one talon-like nail. He had what Lumpy needed. His voice comes out hard, not his usual drawl, but the voice of necessity.

"You. Give me your sword."

15. - Top - End - #765

Darius

"Err, wha?" Darius says, waking up rather slowly.

The green one is tricking you, he wants your weapon. He's going to take it... He'll kill you! Hajih's alive, that's good... He'll steal it! Betrayal! Killer! I'm hungry.... Don't trust him! I wish I could fly... Keep it!

"What? No way! I'd be dead a few times over if it weren't for me using this weapon. Besides, Thokk and Sedryn both had good weapons you can use!"
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The broad orc shrugs, supressing a wince at the motion. He slips back into his normal speech, "Suit yerself, I'm done fighting fer ya then. Ya can handle close combat now."

He leaves the matter at that, returning to his things and donning his armor. He checks over his bags once more, before stringing his bow and giving it careful inspection, making sure it's still ready to be used. Whe he's certain things are in order, he leans himself casually against a pillar, watching the others with a mild scowl.

17. - Top - End - #767

Aeroz

"Lumpy, howabout using Thokk's sword. I managed to take it before the spiders came. I can't put it to much use, so you can have it for the time being. I'll need it back once we reach the surface though. It's going to a temple of Moradin."

Aeroz holds out the enchanted bastard sword and waits for Lumpy to take it.
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa wakes as Lumpy and Darius start talking. Normally the rogue is up and about in fairly short order, but today she fairly zips out of her bedroll as fast as the poison in her veins will let her. There's a strange, almost manic glee dancing in her eyes, but she says nothing. Strange... usually Lissa likes to talk, even early in the morning. And she isn't making snide comments about Lumpy and Darius' argument.

Once her bedroll is packed and ready to go, Lissa hunts around until she finds a fist-sized rock. Fishing a silver piece out of her pocket, she pounds on it... with no effect. "Damned poison," she mutters. The gnome raises her voice and beckons to Darius. "Stop bickering with Lumpy and come make yourself useful, Darius. Pound on this thing for me until the stamping is gone, please. You're a big strong person, you're awake, and the spider poison hasn't got to you." She grins mischievously. "There's a method to my madness... I'll let you know why I'm doing this once it's done. I'm pretty sure everyone will be pleased with the end result."

19. - Top - End - #769

Darius

"Umm, okay... What the heck, why not?" Darius says with a shrug, heading over to Lissa to begin beating a stamping off of a silver coin.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

20. - Top - End - #770
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

Pulling the hat off his head, Hajih pays his respects to Thokk. He pushes his hair back, revealing a long, pale scar which goes along the length of his head. Glancing around, he quickly replaces his hat and becomes very engrossed in his feet.
    I miss them, horrible companions they were…
    Lords of Madness:

21. - Top - End - #771

The prisoners eventually awaken, teeth chattering from their involuntary nap on the cold stone floor. They watch with interest, along with the rest of the party, as Lissa directs Darius as he pounds her silver piece into a featureless disc.

Finding a small set of engraving tools among Thokk's possessions, Lissa borrows them and starts working some details into the shiny white metal ...

22. - Top - End - #772
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Sheyra

Sheyra is very tired, but still seems to pity the tied-up men. "Does anyone have some extra clothes?" she asks. "I'd offer something myself, but what I'm wearing is all I've got. Besides, I don't think anything of mine would fit very well." She smiles a little at the thought of the two men wearing her clothes.
    And then they made me their cheif.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

The ranger digs in his pack and pulls out a gaudy set of blue sequined pants and a long purple shirt.
    "This any good mini-monk?"
    Lords of Madness:

24. - Top - End - #774

Darius

"Well, there ya go... good luck with whatever you're doing..." Darius says, leaning against the wall a bit back to watch her at work.

Currently Playing:
    OOC

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

Lumpy fixes Aeroz with an incredulous look, "If I'd'a wanted the dwarf's short sword, I'd'a asked ya fer it. Unless I get my flail back, it's a greatsword or nothing. I got principles ta uphold."

He ignores the offered sword, crossing his steel-clad arms. He shrugs at Sheyra's question, shaking his head slightly: the only clothing he seems to own is the one pair of rough woven pants under his armor. he doesn't even seem to have shoes beyond his heavy boots and greaves.

26. - Top - End - #776

Darius

"If everybody wants, we can go back and take on those spiders. The thirty or so poisonous spiders that contributed to us almost all dropping dead. Then we'll get your flail and the rest of the loot, and head back... or we could head onward and hopefully stay alive. However, I've had this sword for quite a long time, and I don't intend to part with it because you ran into the middle of battle and got knocked off the cliff by those spiders."
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The bulky orc shrugs, as if it's of no consequence, "No, no, that's fine if ya won't let me borrow it. I'm just as happy not fighting right now. We'll let ya get a chance up in there."

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

Hajih smiles at the prospect of combat. He starts digging through his pack and brings out two clay flasks.
    "Light these and those little buggers, no pun intended, won't know what hit 'em"
    Lords of Madness:

29. - Top - End - #779

Darius

"Well I can lend it to you on occasion, but as you must've seen I've needed it quite a lot. Just give me a holler if you really need it, hopefully we can take another weapon off our next foes for you."
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Darius finishes, Lissa takes the silver disk with a big grin and thanks him.

Lissa hums happily as she works, having greeted Thokk's set of engraving tools with glee. Gradually, a sort of picture or symbol takes shape; a cloak with a dagger laid over it point-down. The workmanship (workgnomeship?) isn't anything somebody would actually pay for in a marketplace, but the symbol is pretty clear. She's placed it slightly off-center, leaving more room at the top of the disk than at any of the other sides. Finally she puts Thokk's tools down and picks up the disk, looking at it critically. "I'm definitely no craft-maester, but I suppose it'll do. Hmm... wonder if I can bore a hole in the top..." Lissa digs through the engraving kit, looking for a small drill or bore.