New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Are you becoming a cleric?

Achkby, Halfling Sorcerer

Achkby awakens sourly, and secretly eats a tad more cookie. He huddles in his bedroll, apparently not in the same high spirits as Lissa.
    Ow. My head is so sore. Why? I didn't get bitten... oh, right. The squids in the dark. Ugh. My head! Rest hasnt helped much.
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardkin Druid
    during the night before the lizardkin had expressed great surprise on finding Hajih still alive and assured the others that Hajih wasn't breathing when Thokk and him had left him. His survival was a miracle. He had then subsequently gone to bed(roll).

The next morning, after a quiet meditation, he started walking around casting CLW on Lumpy, Hajih and Darius who needed it. He then ate his strange white paste 'koo-ki' as the others called it in sullen silence.
    It seems I have lost a valuable ally and gained 2 more into a pack that is becoming increasingly dangerous for the young one
    He rest his eyes on Sheyra and his expression soften a little.

OOC: DR don't we recover a HD for a night of rest and heal 1 Ability dmage? and sorry everyone with STR drained, I can't do anything yet. and we should annihilate the spiders and loot the room. can't we toss area damage from outside. Linda had snilloc's snow swarm?
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Companion

Before laying down to sleep, Trinark removed the cookie he saved. My quickly that he was used to he ate the cookie trying to savor the taste. He followed it with a generous quantity of water to try an make up for the lack of food.

Sleep came quickly after the long and eventful "day". During his sleep, Trinark is heard murmurring in Elven: "Yes, I understand. I will follow the path. I'm sorry, I will assist the others and guide them." Anyone who bothers to look sees a gentle smile spread across his face. Not a look of malice, but one of contentment.

To be continued when the group awakens...

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Callos

The human woke up after the pods effects began to wear off, shivering from the cool drug induced sleep on the cave floor. Propping himself up against the side of the tunnel he looked down at his stomach as it rumbled slowly. Shut up stomach. If they want to feed us then they'll feed us. Just be glad that we're back to normal and eating normal foods again. And then a bewildered look came to his face. "By the gods...I just yelled at my stomach" Then he turned to his friend and kicked him.

"Hurry up Djital and wake up!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Halfling in the Playground

Djital

Glancing over to his companion, then nodding back toward the Gnome, "Check this out. I think she's making an amulet."

His speech slips back into a quieter, more lazy way of speaking, a little different from how he was trying to wordily defend himself the night before.

"Got any thoughts about these people? We got no food, we got no water. And we got weapon distribution issues. Deja vu, huh?"

6. - Top - End - #786

Chimera

Sheyra

Sheyra digs through her pack, confirming once again that they are out of food. She sighs. "Of course... now that we've taken on two more people we don't even have the means to feed them. It's like the Underdark itself is punishing us for being compassionate." She looks around the area. "I don't suppose we could eat the darkmantles we killed yesterday..." she moans.
    And then they made me their cheif.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa grins up at Djital while she works, winks, but doesn't say anything.

Eventually the gnome finds a tiny pick, and with the help of her stone, manages to bore a hole through the silver. Lissa then fishes a length of string out of her belt pouch, threads her new medallion onto it, and ties it around her neck. "There we go! Okay, now please don't disturb me for a bit. This shouldn't take too long... maybe an hour or so." With that announcement, Lissa sits down next to one of the walls and closes her eyes, one hand on the medallion.

(OOC: In the interests of speed, I'm assuming she found a way to punch a hole. I can always edit if you want, DR.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

8. - Top - End - #788
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

"Hmmm, Darkmantle... actually we might be able to cook it"

OOC: Knowledge check, which ever is applicable: Dungeoneering +7, Nature +1 or any untrained.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

9. - Top - End - #789
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The burly orc supresses a chuckles, unmoved from his position against the pillar, "Cook it? Why waste time? Food's better fer ya raw anyway."

He considers for a moment, shrugging, "We could always eat the dwarf.. All that meat ain't doing him no good any more."

10. - Top - End - #790

Fizahn:

Fizahn takes out his cookie before he goes to sleep and slowly eats it, savoring the taste. Disgruntled that there isn't anymore food, he goes to bed.

In the 'morning', Fizahn wakes up extremely bitter that he can't have any breakfast. We need to find some food soon. As darkmantle cooking is suggested, he pauses in thought. Desparate times call for desparate measures. Did we kill all the darkmantles? I could have sworn there were more out there. "I don't suppose eating darkmantle would be too bad. Let's just hope it's not poisonous. Also, we can't afford any detours, we need to get out of here as soon as possible!" When Lumpy suggests eating Thokk, Fizahn looks at him in disgust. What kind of barbaric act is that? "That may be Lumpy, but when do you suppose was the last time he took a bath? I say we cremate him before he starts smelling worse than normal."
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-26 at 08:06 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The orc drops the issue with no audible complaint, scanning the room boredly. He pushes himself off the pillar, moving up to examine Thokk's body. His gnarled hands trace through the fallen dwarf's possessions, looking for any useful tidbits that haven't been snatched up yet.

He glances up, "What've we got ta make a fire from then? We need some wood, or oil or something, and we used most'a it up on the priest."

((OOC: Lumpy will take pretty much anything Thokk has left if no one stops him, or it's already been taken.))

12. - Top - End - #792
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

'Well, my dear simpleton," Hajih says as he joins Lumpy in removing the useful items from Thokk "I happen to have two flasks of oil." He grabs the gauntlets off of the fallen dwarf.
    Lords of Madness:

13. - Top - End - #793
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trinark, Drow Cleric

After waking, Trinark stretches and sits up. He moves into a sitting position crossing his legs (Indian style). Then he carefully balances his recently acquired longsword across his knees. He bows his head and begins to whisper in a way that almost sounds like chanting. Although you can't make out the words, it sounds similar to the prayers Sedryn used to say when asking Lathander to grant him spells.

A short time later, Trinark rises from his meditations and begins donning his borrowed armor. When finished, he manages to mutter in a mixture of broken common and elvish "Let me have a look at the lot you, and see if we can get you back into fighting shape."

14. - Top - End - #794

Darius

"Hah! Now you're speaking my language! Too bad we don't have a cleric... but a stout ale would put me back into fighting shape if you have any." Darius says with a lopsided grin and a tilt of his head.

((So the lizard, Lissa, Trinark, and SD's new character can now all heal? Sweet!))
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

15. - Top - End - #795

Djital

He watches the actions of the party, speaking up when Hajih brandishes the oil bottles.

"Are you going to use those to immolate the Dwarf, or to burn up that legion of spiders? Or.. you could use the burning spiders as his pyre. I like that idea."

Mmmmm, burning.. this could turn out to be a very good day.

He smiles, and twists around in his ropes to try to examine the short sword he pulled from the throne, muttering as he maneuvers; "And raw darkmantle is a delicacy in some far-east lands. I think. We're lucky- it could be rats, or nothing at all!"

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa opens her eyes and stretches, about an hour after she sat down and started meditating. She's just in time to see Lumpy looting Thokk's body. "Hey! Let the rest of us get a memento of Thokk before we lay him to rest, hmm?"

The gnome walks over to the fallen dwarf, a somber expression on her face. Lissa kneels next to him, lays a hand on his chest and speaks several verses in an archaic form of Gnomish; from the words Fizahn can make out, it's a prayer for the protection of a dead person's soul as it travels to the afterlife. Once her prayer is complete, Lissa solemnly takes a silvery brooch from Thokk's cloak and fastens it to her own. She stands and faces the party, her expression a strange combination of sorrow, anticipation and joy.

"All right. I promised you an explanation, so here it is. The root of the matter is that I didn't quite tell Darius' party the whole truth about why I wanted to accompany them." Lissa looks a bit sheepish. "I had my own quest, you see. Some clerics are simply gifted by their god when they reach adulthood. Some, though, were lay worshippers who proved themselves worthy of channeling their god's power." She holds up her new medallion with a crooked smile. "You're not stupid people; I think you see where I'm going with this. I wanted to be a cleric of Baravar Cloakshadow, the gnomish god of illusion and trickery... but he didn't call me. So I consulted a high priest, who communed with Baravar, and he told me to 'find the sea where the stars shine forever'. Sound familiar? He warned me that there was a good chance I could die, and I would certainly suffer. I accepted the quest anyway."

Lissa's expression grows shadowed. "If I had known... but there was no way I could have. Anyway, it took me several months of tracking down rumors before I found that swirfneblin in Velprintalar who told me about the Sea of Starry Night in the Underdark. No way was I going into the Underdark alone, so I waited until a competent-looking group of people came along who were going that way, and attached myself to them." She gestures to Darius, Aeroz, Sheyra, Achkby and Hajih. "The rest you know, up until last night." Lissa beams, the manic joy that showed itself this morning dancing in her eyes again. "I did it! I'm finally a cleric! And I could never have done it without all of you."

She claps her hands together. "All right, lets see if I made this holy symbol correctly. Hajih, judging by the fact that the healing potion didn't work on you last night, I kind of doubt that my healing will work today." Lissa walks over to Aeroz, who's looking badly hurt. She reaches up to touch one of his wounds- very lightly- and begins chanting in Celestial...

OOC: Cast cure light wounds for 7 hp (roll 6 + 1) on Aeroz! I bet all of you saw this coming once she started to make her holy symbol, but what can I say. I like teh drama.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

The squat orc finishes looking Thokk over, detaching the amulet around the dwarf's neck last. He wraps it about his fist, looking at it carefully through squinty eyes. He stands, turning to regard Lissa.

"Yeah, congratulations. Yer well on the road ta meeting him face ta face too. So what's the plan then? I want Grinder back, and there's prolly other stuff worth taking back there."

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

The human watched the goings on amiably as he leaned against the wall. Raising an eyebrow at the half-orcs actions he merely shook his head when Lumpy mentioned his flail and other treasures in the pit.

"And hopefully my spellbook and whatever our old party had on them.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #799

Lizardkin Druid

Looking at the naked talkative human,
    "Tell us of old pack"
    as he sat on the floor rolling his bedroll. His piercing gaze proving that his hostility had not dissipated in the least despite the acceptance by the others.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

20. - Top - End - #800

"Congratulations, Lissa," Achkby says from his bedroll. He seems to remain dismal, but rises after the lizardkin's questioning of the prisoners.

"She's right. Give the rest of us a chance to collect momentos, too. And I'm sure that some of his things will benefit us in whatever is to come," says Achkby flatly to Lumpy, giving the half-orc a hard eye.
    He won't be taking all of Thokk's valuables for himself. And though I feel tied to him by the dragon scale, others may want keepsakes as well.

He finishes walking to Ss-druid, and stands "above" him. He nods to the human questioned.

[OOC]Er... DR, which Drider is this human?[/OOC]
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos

"My old pack? You mean the others that travelled down here with us? You would have to ask my friend about them. He knew them better then me, he was their captain and I just knew them for a week or two at the most before we ran into the major trouble."

Callos says this evenly then looks down at the ground as if in thought. Thats right, I didn't really know them. Most of them were alright people. They were willing to give their lives up to help me, or rather Djital out at least.

22. - Top - End - #802

Is he dumb, or just covering up?

Achkby sighs, and says, as if it were painfully obvious, "Well, if you aren't going to tell us about them, then tell us what you did before you were with them."
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

23. - Top - End - #803

Darius

"Alright. It looks like a few of us need our belongings, so I guess that means we're gonna go back and kick some ass. Lumpy, you can borrow my sword for this battle, as long as you stand near enough to defend me when the spiders get close. Getting bitten in the neck wasn't what I'd call a great experience."

Kill the bugs! Rage!

Darius turns to the conversation about the "old pack", and looks away from the naked humans in disgust.

We should leave them in the pit to fend for themselves... they are not needed.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

24. - Top - End - #804
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The bulky orc stands, looping the amulet around his neck with a faint grin, seeming undeterred by either Lissa's or Achkby's admonitions. He moves over to Darius, nodding, "I'll only need it once if we get Grinder back. We'll keep 'em at the door."

He looks over to the two naked humans again, seeming to truly take notice of them for the very first time. His eyes narrow, and he throws a sidelong glance at Lissa, growling quietly, "..and who in the dark city'a Dis are they?"

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, newly minted cleric

Lissa stares at Darius and Lumpy, incredulous. Very deliberately, she cups a hand over one ear. "Excuse me? The spider poison- which is still affecting half of us- must also have dulled my hearing, because I could swear I heard you two actually wanting to go back into the Pit of Poisonous Death." She throws her hands into the air. "Are you mad, or just plain stupid?! There are exactly two people here who aren't wounded and/or poisoned, one who's barely surviving as it is, and two that we don't know we can trust with weapons! And you want to go back and fight Baravar-knows-how-many gigantic venomous spiders because Darius can't stand the idea of leaving the loot, Lumpy won't consider using anything other than his beloved Grinder, and we've been saddled with a wizard who lost his spellbook."

Lissa snorts derisively, folding her arms across her chest. "Well, you're both grown men, though I'm starting to doubt that as time goes on. If you've got death wishes and want to commit suicide by spider, be my guest. But count me out! I've had more than enough of spiders, starving, cold and dark. If you make it back with enough pieces intact, I'll do my part to heal you up, but there's absolutely NO way I'm going back in there."

OOC: Lissa the Tactful strikes again. ;) Ten geek points to anyone who can identify the movie/TV quote!

26. - Top - End - #806
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

Hajih looks at Lissa then back at Darius and Lumpy "Pfft, we can take 'em."
    Oh trice-damned underdark...she's right, we're doomed if we rush in there.
    Lords of Madness:

27. - Top - End - #807

Darius

"Thirty-six or so... well only thirty now, if I can kill six in the time it takes us to leave that room, then this party can easily kill all of them in the time it takes for everyone to get their stuff." Darius says with a little bit of a sneer on his face.

((I have no idea what movie that is. No geek points for me.))
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

28. - Top - End - #808
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

Lumpy takes Lissa's outburst with a surprisingly impassive look, "If that's how ya want it, fine. There are things I'm willing ta die fer, and Grinder's one'a them. Ya don't want a part'a it? That's yer business."

He narrows his eyes, his drawl subsiding as he slips into a colder tone, anger sharpening his voice rather than degrading it, "But don't you make any mistake about what's going though my head. _I_ know full well how messed up we are, how bad a shape I'm in, no less. I know the stakes, and I understand them fully. I didn't ask for volunteers, and even if no one else were interested, I'd probably go back by myself. So do what you want, I don't care."

His glower subsides as he breaks away with a growled sigh, sulking back over to his pack. It's difficult to judge on his broadly stroked face, but the general droop of his features seem to indicate some level of shame over the situation.

29. - Top - End - #809

Lizardkin Druid

Seeing the half-orc squatting by his pack, the lizardman walks over and drops to a knee beside him. When the half-orc looks up puzzled but not startled, the druid holds up one hand and says[color= Red]"Peacce, Your oneness to your weapon gladdenss me. The hunt will go poorly if hunterss blindly rush into the sspiders' lair. Resst well and go as a pack, we musst. Dividing the pack is unwise and do not take it upon yoursself that the pack turnss its back on you." [/color],in hissing draconic. He gets up and turns his head to indicate Thokk's body."We lost... enough..today". The eyes exude a powerful calm and the half-orc feels the shame lessen somewhat.

The lizardkin eyes the prisoners suspiciously before turning back and stomping off back beside Sheyra.
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Spoiler
    Show

Lumpy
    "I'd rather walk."

30. - Top - End - #810

Chimera

Sheyra

Sheyra slumps against the cave wall, clearly exhausted from staying up all night. "If we're going to charge in there, I think we should at least give it another day. As Lissa said, most of us are still injured."
    And then they made me their cheif.