New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

"Ya may want to take into consideration that maybe it is the drow thats evil? Or maybe its one of those freaky rituals I was warned about." Aeroz remarks as Sedryn grasps his temples. The elf keeps his rapier close to the drow's throat, bracing for the worst. "If you guys wanna free him, go ahead but make it quick. I obviously cant stop you. But I'm just saying it's a bad idea"
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hajih, Human Ranger

"Not all Drow are executed for being good, some are sacrificed for personal gain, or simply because they're weak" He takes a quick sip from his flask before turning to Aeroz. "'Course, I’m not opposed to making a healthy dent in that Drow's skull if he shows any sign of betraying us." To emphasise his point he brandishes his hammer in the drows direction.
    Lords of Madness:
    Putting the 'Love' back in 'Lovecraft'

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Lass, It is called a book of grudges. Honor demands of you that you revenge your clan. You refusing to do so markes you a yellow coward and a disgrace to yer ancestors! My ENTIRE CLAN was destroyed in a single night of bloodshed, probally brought on by HIS kind. I have avanged my ancestors tenfold, yet I demand more. He is evil, and he is better off dead no matter what YOU would like to do with him. I see ONE other possible supporter of you, lass. Ye have to the count of zero before I make him shorter by a head"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achkby, Halfling

"Thokk! calls down Achkby.

"Restrain yourself a little while more, please. I am afraid that we may merely assist the evil here if we were to kill the Drow on this altar."
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, good point lad! We will gag him, take him off the alter, and then kill him! I knew ye had in in yerself!

*takes out a lenght of rope, foldes it over, and gets ready to gag the drow with it*

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy

The orc snorts at all the assorted arguing, finally clearing the last ledge and moving up after the gnomes. he glances back up at Thokk on the higher ledges, "Evil or not, I don't really care, but if ya get a chance ta scrounge up some information, ya don't skip it."

He shifts, watching the two gnomes work, before clearing his throat to address the drow in rumbling undercommon, "Hey, I've got questions for you, and since your time on the mortal coil looks to be coming to an end either way, it'd be nice for some answers.. His hand drifts down, settling on his flail, a fangy smirk tracing across his lips briefly, as if he draws confidence from the weapon.

7. - Top - End - #187

Achkby, Halfling

Well, at least I've slowe dhim down...

"Oi! I didn't say I wanted to kill him, too," calls down Achkby, "all I meant is that if we do end up sending him shuffling off, then we shouldn't do it here!"

"Idiodic murderer," he mutters to himself, hopefuly too quite fro even Elthan I to hear it.

Then he checks over his shoulder,a gain, and goes back to watching for something unfortunate to come their way.
    Though still keeping an eye on the proceedings by the dias.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Thokk

"Ach, you wanna kill him, and you legitly gave me a good idea, lad. First move him, and THEN kill him. Brilliant!"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, rogue

Still working at the manacles, Lissa sighs expressively and rolls her eyes at Thokk's blustering.

I do hope somebody can calm that dwarf down until we can find out for sure whether or not this drow is evil. Well, if worst comes to worst, I can sneak up on him with some blue whinnis on a dagger. With his vitality, it won't do Thokk any permanent harm. And if Baravar is with me, it'll knock him out for a restful few hours!

"Are we surrounded by homicidal idiots, Fizahn, or is it just me?", Lissa murmurs softly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

"O, its jist yerself, lass, the rest of us are fine. Also, wanting to KILL AN EVIL CREATURE isnt homicidal, its rigeous. Moradin says so himself, so HA"

Soulfather, give them the clarity of sight you give me to CRUSH THE DROW

11. - Top - End - #191

From his vantage point, the lizardman scans the area for magical auras. At first, a strong aura emanates from the altar, then the aura fades. The aura returns, then fades again. It takes a moment for the lizardman to process what he is seeing. The altar is pulsating!

Achkby and Elthan continue to scan the cavern for any "visitors", unaware of the magic emanations radiating from the altar.

Sedryn picks himself up off the ground with Sheyra's assistance. He groans as he shakes his head.

Meanwhile, Lissa and Fizahn have unlocked two of the manacles without too much difficulty. It would appear that the restraints were meant simply to hold the "victim" still for a relatively short period of time. Together they go to work on the remaining two locks.

The drow remains delirious. He mumbles softly in a language unfamiliar to the rogues.

12. - Top - End - #192

Elthan II

*Elthan pulls out his waterskin and pours some water out onto the drows head, believing it may revive him faster. They could not afford to carry someone around the tunnels if they find they must run.*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Sea of Starry Night [IC]

Drider

Intent eyes watched the lesser creatures as they began to fiddle with its meal, eyes narrowed with an inborn hatred as long spindly spider legs twittered and shuffled noiselessly. This was completely unacceptable to the vile creature and began to act on its baser instincts of hunger rather than its reasoning mind. Focusing inwards on itself, as if on some sort of inner power the drider brought four bright lights into being in the tunnel that the drow had just let down, a smile coming to its ebon features from up on the ceiling in a particulary thick patch of rock spears.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #194

Achkby, Halfling Meal

Achkby nervously holds his ground...
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

15. - Top - End - #195

Elthan

*Elthan looks around at the lights and continues to tip more and more of the water onto the drows head until none is left. He drops the skin on the drows face and draws his staff.*

(OOC: Hello new PC. On behalf of the group welcome and uhhh DONT EAT US! PLEASE PLEASSE PLEASE DONT EAT US! :o)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Halfling in the Playground

Second Drider

You just manage to place where the second scuttling sound is coming, when a dark shadow launches from one of the lower tunnels, skitters over the rock and cavefloor, and lands directly on the alter, crouching low over the captive drow.

The spider-monstrosity is decorated on the upper torso with what appear to be torn-off formian warrior claws hung around it's neck.
    It leans forward into Lissa's face, slams one of the humanoid forearms down onto the drow, and hisses. Loudly. All the while moving closer to her and Fizahn, one menacingly slow leg movement at a time.

17. - Top - End - #197

Achkby, Halfling

"Yeeeaagh!" yells Achkby. "A spidery thing!"

Then seeing it's agression, he continues shouting, "Lissa! No!"
    He trains his wand on the thing, waiting for it to make another move...
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, gnomish spiderbait

"EEEEEEEE!!!" Lissa jumps about a foot (no mean feat when you're only three feet tall to begin with), drops her lockpicks, and backpedals wildly. Screaming the entire time, incoherent shrieks mixed with curses in three languages. Clearly, the giant-insect-phobic gnome wants to get as far away from the drider as she can, but just as clearly she's unwilling to turn her back on it.

Once Lissa is several feet away from her unexpected adversary, she swings her loaded crossbow off her back and points it at the drider. Despite her fear, the rogue's aim is steady. "Go away! Scram! Shoo! Or by all the Lords of the Golden Hills, I'll fill you full of steel!"

(OOC: Move back and draw crossbow. Hi, new people, please don't eat us!)

19. - Top - End - #199

Lizardkin Druid

The Druid had been focussed on the altar when an abomination appeared.

His eyes widen, then narrow into slits and the arm poised with a barbed dart shoots out, the dart streaking to the collarbone of the creature below.

There was only one thought on his mind as he charged down, spittle flying from his bared teeth.

Spidercreatures...SETHRA....
    Raik
    Horsbain
    Ssathiyaa
    Proud owner of a kojitar
    Ken

Law of fight statistics: Speed is always better then power, except when power is better then speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

"We're on the verge of fighting an ancient necromancer and your out buying a horse?" - King of Griffins
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdrake View Post
    Lumpy
    Lumpy's tone is more even more brusque than usual,
    "I'd rather walk."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Drider

A hearty laugh erupted from the second drider as it saw its companions antics. Malicousness clear on its face it took a moment or two to scuttle around the stalaticties in the way then dropped from the cieling of the cave with a resounding thud. The same in almost all ways to the other drider expect in place of a formian warrior claw there was a skull around its neck. The lizard suddenly found himself nearly face to face with this second monstroisty.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #201

When the giant half-drow, half-spider beast leaps onto the altar, Lissa, Elthan II (who had been trying to revive the drow) and Fizahn fall back terrified. From above, the lizardman reacts, hurling a barbed dart down into the drider's back. The aberration doesn't even flinch as the dart bites into his back. "Drider!" Hajih screams.

Before anyone else can move, a second drider drops from its hiding place in the crevassed ceiling above. It lands heavily on a terrace between the lizardman and the lower central area. It ***** its head and smiles menacingly ...

Elthan I, Darius, Achkby, and Thokk are tactically positioned on elevated terraces along with the lizardman, but everyone else is crowded down below. Lissa, Fizahn, and Elthan II are positioned toward the "head" of the altar. Sedryn, Sheyra, Lumpy, and Aeroz are positioned toward the "foot" of the altar. Hajih and Linda stand together 20 ft away from the altar.

The drow on the altar stirs slightly, face contorted as if in some tortured dream. When his head twiches to the side, he reveals a vicious scar running from this hairline to his jawbone. One ankle remains bound to the stone, not yet unlocked.

His face wet, the drow opens his eyes, seeing the massive drider poised above him. He cries out, "Run! Must flee this place ... much danger ... must get away! Not the shadows again ..." Only Lumpy can understand his words, but his meaning is clear, "Run away!"

In the chaos, no one notices the glow of light that appears in the tunnel through which the drow party had exited. There appear to be several lights, and they are moving closer ...

OOC: Surprise round. Driders move. Lizardman hits with barbed dart, for 5 pts of damage. Lissa falls back and readies her crossbow. Ready for round one actions ...

22. - Top - End - #202

Drider

The claw-bedecked Drider ***** it's head, glancing back and forth between the party, the drow beneath it, and back towards the tunnels, then fluidly steps over the captive and off the altar to the surrounding floor, body tensed and ready for action. You don't see any apparent weapons aside from a rusty pair of jagged clawed bracers still locked to the forearms, meaning the formian warriors were torn apart mostly by hand.

To the other drider, in Undercommon:
    Thooo.. what might thith lizzzardthing tathte like? I'm getting thick of pit-elffff.

Twisting it's head and shoulders around as if it can't see something bothering him, it scoops up a small rock from the cavern floor, tosses it from hand to hand to arachnid-leg joint to hand, and grates out a few arcane words on the subject of shadows. An aura of magical darkness envelops his entire area.

You're not sure yet whether it's pursuing Lissa and Fizahn or intercepting the druid, but until it vanished into shadow, it didn't look terribly happy about having dinner interrupted. Then again.. there are a lot of them, and he feels the lingering death-smell taint of a Bebilith. Whoever did that might be worth avoiding.

OOC: What gate?

23. - Top - End - #203

Chimera

Sheyra

Just as Sheyra is considering hitting Thokk for insulting her and her family, the driders drop down and serve as a welcome distraction.

Sheyra does a forward roll towards the nearest drider, gets up, and jump kicks it, trying to hit the drow part of its body.

Tumble: 18+9=27
    Attack: 20+4=24
    Confirm: 4+4=8
    Damage: 5
    And then they made me their cheif.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Drider

"I'm not quiute sssure about lizzard. He lookssss awfully ssssstringy to me!"

The look of vile delight in this only brightened as the drider saw the little gnome's reaction to them. Letting out a slow hissing laugh, it sped down the terraces towards the gnome, completely ready to wrap its strong arms around the smaller creature and squeeze it to death. "But this little creature looks absolutely divine!"

OOC: The spoken part is in Undercommon, don't know how to use the colored tags.

25. - Top - End - #205

Elthan II

*Elthan begins to back away from the altar. He reachs into his pocket and takes out a coin. He flips it. As it leaves his hand he begins to make motions and gestures similar to a summoning spell.*
    I hope they fall for it.

(OOC: I'm fliping on of the coins we got earlier. If at all possible, Elthan is trying to get it to land near the smaller party members across the altar. Also, bluff check to make it seem as though I am casting a spell. Mybye confuse them at the least.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Lumpy, Half-Orc Warrior

Thoroughly tired of having his vision confounded by magical darkness, Lumpy growls a challenge, drawing his flail as he sets into motion, trying to zero in on one of the voices speaking in undercommon and get a swing in.

[ooc: Drawing flail as part of his move action. Lumpy really can't distinguish who's who, so whether he goes for one of the driders or the drow (or anyone else that happens to blurt something in undercommon) is equally likely. If he can make it all the way without tripping, he'll just swing blindly.}

27. - Top - End - #207

Darius

I wonder if I should've-

"Damn!" Darius' trains of thought derails instantly. He mutters a quick prayer to Tyr as he fires two arrows in rapid succession at the nearest drider. ((If he can see it))

"Hahahaha! I wonder what your insides look like, spider!"
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

28. - Top - End - #208

Fizahn, gnome:

You hear assorted curses as Fizahn is enveloped in darkness. You here an irregular movement pattern and can only assume that he is trying to get out, with various flips and other acrobatic moves most likely.

OOC: Fizahn will head away from the spot he last saw the drider tumbling in case the drider came after him. +10
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

29. - Top - End - #209

Aeroz, Elf Swashbuckler

Seeing the darkness envelop him, Aeroz ducks into a roll and tries to excape from the darkness, while keeping silent.

[OOC: Move silently +11, Tumble +11]
    The Gradual decline in sanity of a Fedora developer

Spoiler
    Show
    Trog's Rendition of me, complete with a shirt reminding me who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword
    Oh, Fro...You silly, hairy, man.
    JackMann's Moustache; you shall be dearly missed. You're tying angels to railroad tracks now...

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissa, rogue

Lissa glowers as the drider in front of her casts a spell of darkness. The clicking sound of spider legs, and a hissing laugh coming from the terraces, alert the gnome to another problem. She turns to face the skull-decked drider, the fear on her face turning to anger when it becomes clear that the creature is laughing at her. "Think I'm funny, do you?", she snarls, hand darting into her haversack. "Laugh at THIS, bugface!" With that, Lissa hurls a fat oilcloth bag at the attacking drider. She backs up several feet, away from both the visible drider and the area of darkness.

(OOC: Retrieve tanglefoot bag from handy haversack (free action), throw bag at attacking drider, and move away. She's too preoccupied with Giant Bugs to have noticed the sounds of people approaching.)