New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Raptor Isle

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Raptor Isle

Located in Seaside, the obfuscating dome on this location came down one day, revealing its existence to the rest of Seaside and the Nexus. The event was followed by a giant eagle in the sky spreading its wings, alerting the ocean around it for miles and miles as to its presence, before disappearing into nothing.

The clouds obfuscating this merc and trade city from a distance hide the fact that it's actually floating above the water, its underbelly armored as a precaution. It contains a vast array of biomes, from lush forests (which make up the majority) and rivers to swampy areas. The island has its own genius loci, which is mainly concerned with its safety as a whole.

WHAT'S IN RAPTOR ISLE? (Purple Eagle/Meltdowner)
    Spoiler
    Show

ZONES
    Spoiler
    Show

Thick Forests
    Spoiler
    Show

The forests of Raptor Isle are perfect for an adventurer to travel in, filled with animals ranging in size from normal to dinosaur-sized. These animals rarely stray away from the forest to the roads, so roads have been built and/or expanded on for safer travel between places.

Little Wakodi
    Spoiler
    Show

Populated with an uber-technological people whose culture appears to have predominantly African and Japanese influences, Little Wakodi is hidden in Raptor Island's forests, shielded by an energy field it uses for both protection and remaining hidden. It is ruled by a woman whose two children happened upon the Nexus 3 years ago and are considered part of its community in places.

This lone town sits on its own surrounded on all sides by thick forest, the horizon of the city in it a mix of short and tall futuristic buildings with Nigerian and Japanese decor being the main theme, from its buildings to its inhabitants, who're using the place as an off-world ninja training and monster hunting school city.

Vice City
    Spoiler
    Show

Located on the other side of Raptor from Little Wakodi, a mini-Skyside is what this city could best be described as, home to all manner of wretched and villainous enterprises, from weapons and drugs to slaving and smuggling. A community with its own rules managed to form and has run for 10 years strong, and are already using the opportunity of the fallen dome to 'branch out', predominantly to Skyside.

It is rumored in whispers that the city is host to eldritch demons, which probably explains why what passes for the law around have deemed them too dangerous to trifle with.

LOCATIONS
    Spoiler
    Show

Mirai's Fix-It Fort (Shores)
    Spoiler
    Show

This floating bus is home to Mirai's business of fixing and repairing highly technological items, particularly that item you got from another character that's broken with you having no idea how to repair it. He also has the ability to jury-rig items, and apply cybernetic enhancements.

The Abyss (Vice City)
    Spoiler
    Show

This underground area is home to both a 'nightclub and bar' and a 'gladiator ring' which is where the criminal side of underground dealings take place in Vice City. It is a place that serves as neutral ground for evildoers, as long as they respect themselves to a certain extent. Accidents have been known to befall those who prove too big for their britches.

and more to come!

ISLAND DEFENSE
    Spoiler
    Show

Peacekeeping is performed by the internal security forces in each zone, faction or city, as well as any groups or collectives and their militia forces.

The island as a whole, however, is protected by the genius loci and its appointed Raptor Guard, divine-touched (some would say eldritch-touched) birdmen who do not mingle in the daily affairs of men (hence having no business in Vice City's dealings) but are concerned with the well-being of the island.

RULES
    Spoiler
    Show

1. No godmodding! Like in the FFRP rules, don't do it without permission. If you think you might be godmodding, check the rules to be clear.
    2. Remember the curtain for intimate romance scenes. If its something you think you wouldn't show your parents, curtain it. Alternative is breaking forum rules, getting reported and getting it marked against your account.
    3. The island could be regarded as a character on its own, which means no 'I'll destroy this place and take over'. It will not like that, and will rile its citizens up. They can defend themselves, and are willing to go for the nuclear option if things get too dire, especially without prior discussion.
    4. Please as evil as the dark side of Raptor can get, avoid excessively dark, edgy or disturbing roleplay. Again, alternative is facing mod wrath.

Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-03-17 at 04:25 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Raptor Isle

[Thick Forests]

Just off the road a little ways into the forest closest to Fox Town is a stocky human in her thirties. Her voluminous crimson robes stand out as a poor match for the environs she's exploring. With a discerning eye only hidden behind a pair of glasses, she spends the fast majority of her time looking down and stopping every other step to crouch down and write an excessive amount of notes in the journal she keeps in front of her. That's a very intense look she's giving that one leaf. It must be worth at least three pages of scribbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Thick Forests]

Just off the road a little ways into the forest closest to Fox Town is a stocky human in her thirties. Her voluminous crimson robes stand out as a poor match for the environs she's exploring. With a discerning eye only hidden behind a pair of glasses, she spends the fast majority of her time looking down and stopping every other step to crouch down and write an excessive amount of notes in the journal she keeps in front of her. That's a very intense look she's giving that one leaf. It must be worth at least three pages of scribbles.
    [Thick Forests]

Unbeknown to this woman, someone's watching her from afar as she studies a leaf of the blue fountain grass, which is like the purple fountain grass but blue. The hidden watcher jumps a few trees to be closer to the woman, and hiding her presence supernaturally, creeps up to her until she can peer over the woman's shoulder and into her notes.

"Yeah, the red fountain grass is pretty, isn't it?" Her rather husky voice says without warning, which might startle the researcher woman. The voice belongs to a young teenage girl with pale skin, heterochromic eyes (blue and yellow), fox ears, silver hair, light yellow fur and two bushy fox tails. She's dressed in a blue top, black skirt and pink inner-shirt, and there's a rambunctious and mischievous glint in her eyes. A compound bow her size is slung on her back, and where the arrows are is anyone's guess. "You're the first new person I've seen. What're you doing?" She asks innocently.
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

"It contains a certain degree of elegance," The woman replies without missing a beat. ... Actually without reacting at all. She's continuing to work as if completely oblivious to the young foxgirl, sketching a piece of grass at various angles and writing notes in the margins.

"I'm studying the local fl-Gah!" The woman half jumps as she whirls to face the girl, stumbling a little on her robes as she does so. Straightening up to a slightly more dignified stance, she pushes her spectacles back into place. "I offer my apologies, I did not discern your presence sooner. Are you a member of the native inhabitants that populate this region?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

Hedda beams at the woman, her ears twitching twice. "Do you always talk like that, or are you in scientist mode right now? Mum's a scientist so I'd know." Then her eyes light up with a mischevous glint and she corrects herself. "Ahem. Yes, I am a native inhabitant of this region, my domicile is located in a settlement close to this general area. I use my projectile device to hunt the unusually-sized organisms that tend to wander around the region." She replies in overly-formal speech, then relaxes. "See, I can do that, buuut... let's talk more informally, hmm?"

Wait, did she say "giant animals"?
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

Maria frowns. "My speech patterns are wholly irrelevant and already informal." He scribbles some notes regardless, flipping to another page. "Can you describe these organisms in detail? Are you familiar with their taxonomic classifications? What about their general behaviours? Mating seasons? Preferred food source? Unusual behaviors? Body structure? Is there a known cause for why the populous of various species exhibits gigantism on this island? Has gigantism affected any of your local inhabitants?" Maria had heard of these creatures as well. He was getting around to finding them, but got distracted with the various plants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

Maria frowns. "My speech patterns are wholly irrelevant and already informal." He scribbles some notes regardless, flipping to another page. "Can you describe these organisms in detail? Are you familiar with their taxonomic classifications? What about their general behaviours? Mating seasons? Preferred food source? Unusual behaviors? Body structure? Is there a known cause for why the populous of various species exhibits gigantism on this island? Has gigantism affected any of your local inhabitants?" Maria had heard of these creatures as well. He was getting around to finding them, but got distracted with the various plants.
    [Thick Forests]

"Ach, you talk like the twins!" Hedda replies as if the woman's no fun. "If you would prefer, however, since we've all been trained to talk like this if necessary, I could engage you in conversation in this manner instead?" She replies, changing her speech pattern to be kinda similar to Maria's. "That information would fill volumes, talky woman, but no. The local inhabitants of this place are from different worlds, we have the high tech ninja hunters, we sky-people and the wretched hive that is Vice Town. Everywhere that isn't within safe limits can be regarded as being filled with giant animals. Some crazy sage of the forest says The Nexus wanted us to have something to do, hence hunting giant animals for their resources or to curb their populations, with our futuristic technological weapons. The malicious ones are the ones that don't leave behind a body and are harder to permanently kill.

There's a roar in the distance that sounds like it's closer to Maria than Hedda.

"What is the name by which you are referred to, Miss?"

[Little Wakodi]

Jack and Mirai alight from the vehicle parked in a house which you wouldn't be able to tell has an underground, for more stealthy and black ops. Right there in the mini-workstation part of the garage should be Zither, since Mirai messaged his girlfriend about Jack. Their relationship is semi-open, and while they both love each other, neither is unwilling to share as long as the sharing is mutual, I'd wager.

If she's not there, she'll lead Jack around to find her until they do, and he'll introduce them both. "Zither, Jack. This is the girl I told you about." He says, then lets Zither speak and reveal what she wants to.
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

"Emphasize whichever dialect you are most naturally comfortable with," Maria assures Hedda. There's far more information in that than in the foxgirl just copying his own mannerisms. Not that there was too much information either way. Crazy forest sage seemed an accurate description. Maria could not believe for a second that the Nexus was some entity with its own intelligence that simply deemed things to be. There was always a logical origin to each and every species, not unlike the Weald. It was simply a matter of discovering it.

Maria scribbles some notes about that last bit though. There seemed to be some spectral phenomenon at work as well, akin to liches perhaps. Or wraiths. Good to know. The woman tilted his head at the sound of the roar and started making notes about it as well as he turned to start walking slowly towards the source of the sound. "My nomenclature is Maria. What do you utilize?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Little Wakodi

Zither is there! She's a yellow-eyed tiefling with pale skin, bright red hair and a dark red tail. She's currently wearing a dirty set of orange overalls, with a tool belt at her waist. "I'm Zither, Mirai's mechanic and girlfriend. I fix his car, when the problem isn't electronic." Zither smiles and looks Jack up and down. Jack smiles back and responds in turn.
    "I'm Jack, a freelance tour guide and occasional adventurer. Not much of one, though."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

"Emphasize whichever dialect you are most naturally comfortable with," Maria assures Hedda. There's far more information in that than in the foxgirl just copying his own mannerisms. Not that there was too much information either way. Crazy forest sage seemed an accurate description. Maria could not believe for a second that the Nexus was some entity with its own intelligence that simply deemed things to be. There was always a logical origin to each and every species, not unlike the Weald. It was simply a matter of discovering it.

Maria scribbles some notes about that last bit though. There seemed to be some spectral phenomenon at work as well, akin to liches perhaps. Or wraiths. Good to know. The woman tilted his head at the sound of the roar and started making notes about it as well as he turned to start walking slowly towards the source of the sound. "My nomenclature is Maria. What do you utilize?"
    [Thick Forests]

"Oh, thank The Architect. I'm probably the one who likes formal speak the least in my family. Yours, however, is just outrageous!" Hedda replies. "I'm Hedda." The teenage fox-girl with the Swedish facial features responds, giggling. It stops when Maria starts stepping towards the source of the roar.

"Also, unless you have the means to defeat a dinosaur-sized tiger, you're going the wrong way. No, ignore me, keep going!" She says mischievously. She won't let the lady come to harm, however, her trusty bow will see to that! That doesn't mean she can't play pranks.

There's a rustling in the foliage some distance in front of Maria, and Hedda pulls out her bow and loads an arrow. "So, what do you plan on doing with your info? Foxtown is mainly a scientific community, you'd be right at home there." She says, as if Maria isn't possibly in danger at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Little Wakodi

Zither is there! She's a yellow-eyed tiefling with pale skin, bright red hair and a dark red tail. She's currently wearing a dirty set of orange overalls, with a tool belt at her waist. "I'm Zither, Mirai's mechanic and girlfriend. I fix his car, when the problem isn't electronic." Zither smiles and looks Jack up and down. Jack smiles back and responds in turn.
    "I'm Jack, a freelance tour guide and occasional adventurer. Not much of one, though."
    Little Wakodi

"And I'm Bosun, Mirai's best friend. I... am interrupting something..." A girl shows her face, trailing off when she sees the three. She's a numan girl with the usual afroasian features and dark skin, red eyes and short slicked back red hair that's partially dyed purple. Her skin is a bit darker than Mirai's, and from her dressing style she could pass for goth. The perky type, unlike Karasu's more aloof type. Her clothing is optimized for monster hunting, but she's not a royal spy ninja, although she plans to join Wakodi's army soon.

She's holding a box of pizza, which she offers to Zither. "Peace offering. I've not been too nice to you, and I want to start over. I'll be in the house using my sweet fire powers to keep it heated." She walks in if not stopped, and calls out before disappearing.

Mirai smiles at her revelation, but focuses on the two ladies before him. "That's my non-girlfriend best friend. Or at least she insists so. Anyway, Zither and I are together, very much in love, but there's a spark between Jack and I. My girlfriend and I don't mind sharing as long as it's mutually agreed on, so if you'll have us, there's no reason why we can't get to know one another more intimately. Besides, Bosun is very single, you could pursue something if you wanted a squeeze, also doesn't have to affect this threesome." He explains to Jack.
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Little Wakodi

Jack turns and tilts her head at the newcomer, giving a little wave. "Hey, now. I'm just lonely and fancy you, I'm looking for nothing more than that." Jack says in response to the comment about a 'spark'. "I mean, um, I don't want to get between you, I don't want a relationship, and I've not heard Zither say yes yet." She's a little more nervous now, Bosun's sudden appearance startled her- especially with Mirai then seeming to encourage her to pursue Bosun.

Zither smiles at Bosun when she appears. "Thank you, Bosun." She accepts the pizza box, and will head after Bosun in order to set it up- unless Bosun's doing that instead. In response to what Jack says, Zither grins and says "Yes", which makes Jack blush.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Vice City - The Abyss]

The woman named Harley walks through Vice City, looking for a particular address that an unspecified individual gave to her earlier.

Appearance-wise, she doesn't look particularly dangerous, but maybe just a little out-of-place. If this were Earth instead of the Nexus, you would likely assume she came from South America somewhere. Sure, she's got a sheathed sword but its appearance kind-of clashes with her skirt. On the bright side, the way her hair is pulled up seems to fit nicely with the red mask she's wearing.

Finally!

She finds the address. She looks into the Abyss. The Abyss looks back.

"Hm," she says, thinking it looks like a rather interesting place.

So she walks in.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

"It is gratifying to make your acquaintance Hedda."

Why ignoring her and continuing on is exactly what Maria does! She's so very good at following instructions. She's not very good at looking in front of her, her head down a little as she flips to a new page and starts another sketch. This time it seems humanoid in form and nothing to do with the foliage.

"I already have a domicile situation located in HALO where I am currently doing translation work. At the point in time in which I possess enough information regarding the species residing here, I shall publish the information to the scientific community," Science papers! Oh boy.

"If you could provide me with a fiber of your hair at this juncture it would be most convenient," Maria requests without looking at Hedia and continuing to push forward, though a little slower now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Little Wakodi

Jack turns and tilts her head at the newcomer, giving a little wave. "Hey, now. I'm just lonely and fancy you, I'm looking for nothing more than that." Jack says in response to the comment about a 'spark'. "I mean, um, I don't want to get between you, I don't want a relationship, and I've not heard Zither say yes yet." She's a little more nervous now, Bosun's sudden appearance startled her- especially with Mirai then seeming to encourage her to pursue Bosun.

Zither smiles at Bosun when she appears. "Thank you, Bosun." She accepts the pizza box, and will head after Bosun in order to set it up- unless Bosun's doing that instead. In response to what Jack says, Zither grins and says "Yes", which makes Jack blush.
    Little Wakodi - Himura Kitchen

Bosun waves back before disappearing into the house. She's going to do the pizza herself, so she tells Zither not to worry about it, with a smile.

Mirai just chuckles at the interaction with the two girls, only saying his bit after Jack's started blushing. "Don't get it twisted, I love Zither. She's my best friend, partner, lover and sub. What I meant by 'spark' is... well, we fancy each other, don't we?" He asks, winking. "And she'd said yes!"

Also, there's probably the question of why, if they're open, Bosun hasn't been integrated into their relationship. "Don't worry about Bosun, she's been quite hostile to Zither since I brought her, until recently. Also, there's nothing subby about that girl, and we're better as friends. I'm not here to push you off to someone else, but you might consider Bosun if you ever needed a girl to dominate you. If not Zither, that is."

Then he kisses Zither on the lips, and leads the girls inside once they're done talking. "Ooh, La- I mean, Karasu said she's gone to the park to look at birds. And then go to someplace called VIGIL." Bosun calls out from inside the kitchen after they enter the house, decorated with brightly-painted walls with cool colours, sleek lines and angles. From the garage, they can access the dining section directly, and the kitchen, where the fire-eyes-girl is generating some heat to keep the pizza warm.

The snack looks like pizza, but not of the Italian variety.

[Thick Forests]

"It is gratifying to make your acquaintance Hedda."

Why ignoring her and continuing on is exactly what Maria does! She's so very good at following instructions. She's not very good at looking in front of her, her head down a little as she flips to a new page and starts another sketch. This time it seems humanoid in form and nothing to do with the foliage.

"I already have a domicile situation located in HALO where I am currently doing translation work. At the point in time in which I possess enough information regarding the species residing here, I shall publish the information to the scientific community," Science papers! Oh boy.

"If you could provide me with a fiber of your hair at this juncture it would be most convenient," Maria requests without looking at Hedia and continuing to push forward, though a little slower now.
    [Thick Forests]

"Nope." Hedda simply replies after Maria's finished speaking. "Two of the three settlements located here are highly scientific communities, who've done their own work on cataloguing every square inch of Raptor Island. You could just ask my mother, for instance, and she'd be willing to help. Not that I could, or would stop you from publishing your papers. Still, I will not give you my hair, it's pretty enough as it is!" Finishing, she strokes her lovely white locks.

There's the sound of something sniffing, and that something starting to thud over to their location. Before Maria can get much closer, a creature the size of an elephant, looking to be made out of darkness and bones, pokes its head out, locking eyes with Maria and licking its lips, it's sharp toothy lips. This particular variant has more in common with an hyena in appearance, and there's a faint smell of rot following it.

Hedda notches an arrow and draws her bow, but waits to see what Maria would do. "Might wanna dodge the first lunge, Maria."

Of course, if the woman is on the verge of coming to harm, she'll fire.

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Vice City - The Abyss]

The woman named Harley walks through Vice City, looking for a particular address that an unspecified individual gave to her earlier.

Appearance-wise, she doesn't look particularly dangerous, but maybe just a little out-of-place. If this were Earth instead of the Nexus, you would likely assume she came from South America somewhere. Sure, she's got a sheathed sword but its appearance kind-of clashes with her skirt. On the bright side, the way her hair is pulled up seems to fit nicely with the red mask she's wearing.

Finally!

She finds the address. She looks into the Abyss. The Abyss looks back.

"Hm," she says, thinking it looks like a rather interesting place.

So she walks in.
    [Vice City - The Abyss]

The bouncer lets her in without any fuss. Time will tell whether or not she chooses to stay.

The interior of The Abyss is a wide dimly-lit circular space with red and black decor, the entrance stairs leading up to the main bar area. The reason for the name is apparent when one considers that unlike in a usual nightclub, the VIP area appears to be below the main floor. Only thing above is the management offices, with the VIPs, the fighting arena and the on-site lodgings are below ground.

The strippers are dressed in devil wear, with horns and tail (asides any ones that have a tail), as are the servers moving about taking orders. There are tables populated with shady-looking people, a main bar area, and a dance floor on this floor.

The current bartender is a harpy man with blue feathers covering most of his body and the sides of his head, and raven black feathered hair, dressed in an immaculate tuxedo. He looks at the newcomer, expecting her to step forward.

So far, there seems to be no trouble in sight. Not yet, at least.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Vice City - The Abyss]

Harley walks in, visually taking in the area. The bottom being the fight ring is a pretty clever design choice, so more people will see it.

She does, in fact, walk forwards towards the bartender. After all, bartenders tend to know pretty much everything. "Hi," the masked woman says to him. She points towards the center, and says, "I noticed there's a fighting ring. Is it more of an 'open mic' sort of thing, or is it more invitational only?"

Figures she'd come all the way out here just to ask about their fighting ring.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thick Forests]

"Oh..." Maria says, sounding... succinctly disappointed as the woman frowns. Nonetheless he rips out one of his own hairs with a hiss of pain as the Hyena of Decay starts to appear. He places the hair in the center of the sketch he just made, scribbling one last bit of runes before disappearing entirely.

Oh no wait. He's there, exactly as he was, just about 15 feet to the left of the large, creature of rot. He looks like Maria and sounds like him as she continues to talk as if still near Hedda. Which is the reality. Maria never moved from his spot, masking his presence instead. But he did create an incredible decoy, which even 'channels' his life force into it, to an extent in order to fool those with exceptional senses. The limitations of this decoy being that it does and acts exactly how the real one does and higher intelligences can probably see through the ruse easy enough once interacting with it. Not too many people taste like paper after all. But it's been generally good enough to keep the creatures of the Weald off his back long enough to study them in close detail before making a discreet retreat.

Unfortunately since Hedda refused to part with a hair, she could not be incorporated within the spell which would have let her continue to see the real Maria and get a decoy of her own. Maybe next time.

"If they have explored this land as thoroughly as you say, then perhaps my research here is redundant and unnecessary. I shall need to reconsider this endeavor entirely," Maria says, watching the creature to see how it would respond in a sudden shift of its target.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Little Wakodi

"Well, yeah, I like you, but... I'm not looking for anything. In fact, I'm expressly not looking, y'know?" She shrugs, and looks a bit awkward. "I've... also not had much luck, and I'm not used to talking about it quite so frankly, with more than one person." She's not had any luck, in fact.

Zither kisses back and smiles, her tail wrapping around Mirai's ankle as she follows him in, Jack following along behind a little awkwardly.