New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    I've done this at another site, but our RPs always died after about a month, so I'd be more than willing to give this a shot, although I'll have to get used to not writing in first-person. And since my last RP was meant to be a superhero RP and I rolled up a Space-Dinosaur Wizard wearing a Pip-Boy (for the record he worked out splendidly), I'm guessing Nexus would be a good fit. Although I wouldn't start out with something THAT zany.
    We need more Space Dino Wizards anyway.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Part of me is wondering if the Borderlands setting would make a good freeform RP. It's ridiculous enough that it could allow for variety in character concepts, the guns are anything but realistic, the NPC's are just as badass if not moreso than the PC's, and the whole death thing is solved by just respawning at a New U Station.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

I've done this at another site, but our RPs always died after about a month, so I'd be more than willing to give this a shot, although I'll have to get used to not writing in first-person. And since my last RP was meant to be a superhero RP and I rolled up a Space-Dinosaur Wizard wearing a Pip-Boy (for the record he worked out splendidly), I'm guessing Nexus would be a good fit. Although I wouldn't start out with something THAT zany.
    Hey there. We'd be glad you have you over at the Nexus. Just introduce yourself in the most recent Nexus OoC thread and we'll help you get started and answer any questions you may have.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would be interested in attempting a fantasy FFRP which takes place in a modern setting.
    Much thanks to Wayril for the awesome avatar!

Exotic Weapon PrC Contest

My one homebrew, perpetually incomplete

"The pro of using fire is that your enemies are burning to death - the con is that now you have to face flaming enemies."

5. - Top - End - #845
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hello, I am new to the forum and would like to know where to start posting in FFRP.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEberk View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forum and would like to know where to start posting in FFRP.
    A good thing to do would be to pick one of the various OoC threads from the various multiverses and start from there.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #847
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Thank you!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

Hi. I came here because I was so bored with making Christmas presents and wanted to do something else. I mean I came here because of Kickstarter, but I signed up because I am sick of looking at yarn and my fingers are cramping up. So I went to the Christmas thread and made virtual Christmas presents. You're supposed to write what you know.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the late response, but better late than never I suppose.
    Welcome to FFRP, we're glad to have you onboard. You would do well to read the "getting started" guidelines in this thread and the Out-of-Character thread of the universe(s) you're going to play in. In your case it would be the Nexus 'verse, since that's where the Thanksmas thread is.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually have an idea for a new Nexus thread, but I don't know. I'm thinking about a virtual world with different themed levels that characters can jump to through portals and secret passages.

(Level one = Modern Metropolis

Level two = Wild West

Level three = Medieval Fantasy

Level four = Sci - Fi galaxy

Level five = Cyberpunk Metropolis

Level six = Age of the dinosaurs

Level seven = World of samurais and ninjas

Level eight = Haunted castle

Level nine = Steampunk world

Level ten = Age of the pirates (and tropical islands)

Level eleven = Game arena )

What do you guys think?

11. - Top - End - #851

You're more likely to get attention for the idea over here, in the Nexus OOC thread. That said, the idea seems kinda...I dunno, a tad unnecessary, honestly. Each and every one of those settings is perfectly capable of existing in the Nexus already, without a virtual reality needed to supply it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #852

ElfMonkGuy

Hey there. As it happens, I did read the first few posts of this, but apparently not quite thoroughly enough, since I missed the parts where it suggests posting here first. I went ahead and posted in a newer RP right away. But having realized my error, here I am. I'm rather new to this style of RPing, but I can adapt. Since I am new, any type of RP could appeal to me, really. I don't really have any characters planned out, asides from the one I have used in the one RP I've joined. Anyways, I suppose that's enough introduction for now.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

This sounds like fun.

I'll bring in my namesake Pathfinder character.

Where's a nice moderate to large town to relax, grab some ale and shop for equipment between quests?

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    This sounds like fun.

I'll bring in my namesake Pathfinder character.

Where's a nice moderate to large town to relax, grab some ale and shop for equipment between quests?
    Well, in Nexus it all sort of blends together. And the place is infinitely big, so that first part is kinda hard to answer. But there is Trog's and Dancing Fox Inn for the traditional Bar Scene of classic PF/D&D tradition. Well, if classic D&D tradition involved people walking in with lightsabers and talking dinosaurs.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Orc in the Playground

Well, in Nexus it all sort of blends together. And the place is infinitely big, so that first part is kinda hard to answer. But there is Trog's and Dancing Fox Inn for the traditional Bar Scene of classic PF/D&D tradition. Well, if classic D&D tradition involved people walking in with lightsabers and talking dinosaurs.
    Found it, thanks.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Would anyone be interested in a universe like this? It's kind of a darkish, industrial setting with both high tech and magic, as well as a card motif.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [[Four Suits of Secrecy]]
    Times can be hard in the nation of Trionfi; though two centuries have passed since the Schellen faction seceded to form the nation of Qil, conflict between the countries has broken out yet again. Few besides the upper classes see much sunlight any more, having to make do with artificial sunbeams while the aristocrats try to work things out and get more time above-ground for the working classes; many cities are more expansive below ground than they are on the surface.

Despite the efforts of the upper classes, there are rumblings under the surface---there are more than a few interested in organizing a mass defection to the Qil side, which could unbalance the conflict and tip both nations into war. These ripples seem centered in the city of Aleis, not far from the Trionfi-Qil border.
    ---
    Trionfi Society is divided into four "suits", each sectioned into ranks.
    ♥Herzen (singular Herz): The Herzen are the nobility and royalty of Trionfi, but it would be a mistake to assume them to be the standard oppressive and greedy aristocracy. The Herzen overall are working for the good of the other suits, though some are indeed selfish. The hereditary traits for magical aptitude are common among them (not surprising as they're almost all related in some way) while the traits for psionic ability are very rare. Their King and Queen are the royal couple of Trionfi, Cassiter and Thera Krahl.
    ♦Rauten (singular Raute): The Rauten are the scientists, the philosophers, the medical workers, the thinkers. They have the highest concentration of technomancy and Artificial Persons, and are the ones designing the technology that keeps society running. Their King is the Artifical Person Archdoctor Sforza, while their former Queen is an AI sealed away because of her instability.
    ♣Keulen (singular Keule): The Keulen are the organizers, the motivators, the white-collar workers. They keep the information flowing, they keep the records, and they keep the news running. They have notable numbers of Artificial Persons and Post-Mortem Persons as well as the highest psion rate. Their King, Kaefer, is with the Schaufel King working on diplomacy with Qil; their Queen is a networked Artificial Person called Tarantel.
    ♠Schaufeln (singular Schaufel): The Schaufeln are the workers and troops of society, the ones who go out and get things done. The Herzen can call for more housing for people and the Rauten can design a new housing complex and the Keulen can arrange for all the necessary materials and such... but without the Schaufeln to apply their skill and dedication, nothing gets done. As such, this suit is recognized for its integral role in society rather than being the stereotypical downtrodden workers. They have the highest number of Post-Mortem Persons. Their King, Schiener, is away working with the Keule King in Qil; their Queen, the Gehirnvetter, is an armor-encapsuled brain in a tank while her new artificial body is painstakingly constructed from the remnants of her original flesh.

RANKS
    Numbers: Numbers are from 2 to 10; higher numbers mean higher positions (more responsibility most of all). They are the "common people" of most suits (there isn't really a "common people" among the Herzen). A person can, by displaying the necessary dedication and skills for a higher number, advance in the hierarchy.
    Jacks: Jacks generally lead personnel teams within their suit, answering to the King and/or Queen.
    Kings and Queens: The leaders of the suits; each suit needs one, the other, or both.
    Aces: Aces are very much background workers, emmissaries from one suit to the other.

OTHER STUFF
    Thaumatics: Thaumatics is a field the Rauten are still trying to explain, only knowing that it's mostly hereditary. Based in memorizing and then going through mental sequences to activate thaumatic effects, it does not require vocal incantations but can be helped by their use.
    Technopathy: A sort of background magic, technopathy allows a person to bend the rules and limitations of science to design and use technology a bit better than it should really work.
    Psionics: The use of the mind to influence other minds and the physical environment around oneself, psionics is better understood by scientists than thaumatics.

Artificial Person: A synthetic humanoid being made by the Rauten, APs are often Rauten or Keulen and make use of their great thinking capacity there. Ironically, while their memories would help for thaumatics, they have next to no thaumatic or psionic aptitude and instead excel in technopathy.
    Post-Mortem Person: A resurrected human brought to a semblance of life and augmented with wetware; they do not sleep and almost never have to eat, maintaining their bodies mostly with proper consumption of water. Unaffected by drugs or poisons, PMPs are also very limited in terms of thaumatic or technopathic skill but have a good chance of psionic aptitude.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #857

It sounds like a pretty neat universe to me, and I'm definitely interested in playing a game set in it.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! Glad to know someone is interested in my idea; we'd probably need a few more to start a dealio of course.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

So I have considered coming to this subforum for awhile but am just now getting around to it...

I am interested in the Camp half-blood(Tyson!) and the Inheritance settings mentioned in the games index.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hate to break it to you, but both those games are out of commission.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

I wanna play.

I'm a little confused by the whole thing, even after reading the first few posts, so I'd like to take it slow.

I've never played any traditional RPG except D&D and I have a few orphaned characters from games that died out that I wouldn't mind bringing to the FFRP forum if that's possible. They have a lot of unexplored RP possibilities that I've always lamented not being able to develop.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you can start in the Out of Character thread (always labelled OOC). If you're using old rpg characters, you'll want Nexus ones. Then just drop them into one of the social areas. Trog's, DFI, Inside/Outside are always good choices. Unless they're real complex you don't need to immediately make an entry in the character directory.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Would anyone be down for something like Survivor Itp? A FFRP reality game show style thing.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inexorabletruth View Post
    I wanna play.

I'm a little confused by the whole thing, even after reading the first few posts, so I'd like to take it slow.

I've never played any traditional RPG except D&D and I have a few orphaned characters from games that died out that I wouldn't mind bringing to the FFRP forum if that's possible. They have a lot of unexplored RP possibilities that I've always lamented not being able to develop.
    The people in OOC are always willing to help, so whenever you want to ask a question, feel free. Questions are your friends.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey everyone - I'm new here and interested in participating in some of this free-form roleplaying I hear so much about. (I've done it before on other forums but not here.)

Thinking of dropping in to the Nexus perhaps, I've got a variety of characters that would work well in such a setting.
    Last edited by Sonzai; 2013-01-21 at 02:00 AM.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, join on in. Everyone's welcome here.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Pixie in the Playground

There's an amazing amount of new people joining on this page.

Hi, I'm new. I'm thinking of joining the Nexus. Is there anything I really need to know? Other than what's in the guides in the first posts?
    Like a Boss.

Ponytar by Dirtytabs.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey there, we'd be happy to have you. Just introduce yourself in the OoC thread and we'll get you started. I'd recommend reading the first post of that thread as well as the first post of any Nexus thread you want to post in. Just ask in the OoC if you have any more question.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-23 at 09:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Halfling in the Playground

Hi, I'm new!
    Im interested in pretty much most rp, fantasy, scifi, whatever!

I especially like fantasy
    Last edited by jasonguppy; 2013-01-24 at 07:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jasonguppy View Post
    Hi, I'm new!
    Im interested in pretty much most rp, fantasy, scifi, whatever!
    Nexus acts as E) All of the above