New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

Spoiler: Last post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Best thing about a release that provides a helmet: dust doesn't get in your eyes.

The limited visibility doesn't help, however, and it's not a good idea to stick around when the attack could come from anywhere. Kamen Rider Rei choses to dash away.

"And their deaths and suffering are all the more tragic for it.

I would not be such a hypocrite as to say I do not take pleasure in fighting. The sword is a very enticing tool, after all. But for all its charms, every time it's raised represents a time where I had no choice but to take a life. And I take life VERY seriously."

Link to Spirit World IV
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

Jehoel strides out of the dust, seemingly unaffected.

"Is that so? How long have you been a Shinigami?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Las Noches, Hueco Mundo]
    [Various Rooms, Palacio Real]
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna jump between rooms to keep this rolling a bit better. Also just going to focus on "hightlights"; Ammutseba, Rater202, we've covered most of this in the OOC thread or in PMs already.

[Svetlana's Room]

"...understand the duty, Numeros Svetlana? Your reasoning is fairly sound, and I admit curiosity about this...bond. But while I am entrusting this duty to you, I will again remind you that Las Noches is more important than a Mortal. It is even more important than you, or I, if it comes to that. Individual honor or goals must be subsumed for the betterment of our City, at least at times. You will need to be a guiding force for this foolhardy girl. She must understand how precarious her position is, and that she may yet suffer more dire punishments if she is not careful."

Turiel seemed serious but not angry with the up-and-coming Arrancar.
    ----------------------------------------------------

[Nuala's Room]

"-forms necessary to make Nonessentia a fully recognized organization. You aren't strictly obligated to fill and sign them, but if you're leery of fully joining the Unseelie Accords, this is probably your next-best option, becoming a recognized non-affiliate. You won't have the same protections, but neither will you have the obligations. It would also ease minds about your access to the Library, I think. As it is this whole incident, so soon after the short, defeated war on our City, will likely be making waves for a while to come."

He sat back and waited for the Fullbringer's answer.
    ---------------------------------------------------

[Sarah's Room]

Turiel was standing, looking down at the seated Mortal girl. His voice was calm and steady, but as hard as sword-steel.

"Whether you appreciate the fact or not, you live solely by my mercy, and by the pleas of two others. You draw breath because I, we, allow it. And I am placing an enormous amount of trust in Numeros Svetlana, and a grain of trust in you, to allow you the freedom that I am. If you abuse this trust, if you threaten the peace of this City, do not think you will not have consequences."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Seireitei, Soul Society]
    [Thousand Deaths, Combat Division Training Grounds]

Masaru had returned to the Combat Division's grounds in a state fit to scare any and all Officers and Unseated away from his immediate area. He'd made a beeline for the Thousand Deaths.

In this case, he was in the Death By Bamboo, as he wanted to focus entirely on action. He'd started with cutting down swathes of bamboo with his swords, before cleaning and sheathing them, then setting them to one side along with his kimono, haori, hat, and the upper portion of his uniform.

Now he was breaking bamboo with his bare hands, his artificial arm sometimes reducing the target to splinters that flew away from him, while his flesh-and-blood hand "merely" broke the bamboo where it struck.

'Bad enough we've made ourselves bedfellows with Las Noches. Pragmatism, I understand it. We play the long game, maybe one day we can purify them all. Maybe not all, but we stop the flow of them there some other way, make sure no more Hollows make it to Las Noches. But bad enough he does nothing to rebuke the Primera for bragging about killing the Captain and the Vice-Captain. Bad enough he lets that slide as if it was a report on the weather. Now he's sparring with Jehoel? What, are they friends now? Comrades in arms, brothers in all but blood? What next, he makes an Arrancar a Captain in the Gotei?'

Masaru is not in a great moond.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking over the forms, Nuala dispenses with the pen she'd been given, and spreads out each paper onto the table in front of her. "I can na see a reason fi not sign, Segunda. 'T's ideal, a true," she tells him, not taking her eyes of the pages. She spreads out her fingers, so that one touches each of the forms. The smell of hot paper effervesces through the air, and suddenly her answers and information fill in at the required lines. She scorches on her answers not wholly unlike a laser printer, but with a display of universal fullbring that would require extreme precision.

Nuala scoops the documents together and holds them out to Turiel. "So den, da library next?"
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2016-09-01 at 10:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Jehoel strides out of the dust, seemingly unaffected.

"Is that so? How long have you been a Shinigami?"
    "A little over 400 years." Koutarou admits. "150 of those were spent in the Combat Division before my colleagues practically begged me to transfer to Command. They said they'd breathe easier knowing I was the one calling their shots."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #6

When Koutarou fails to take the initiative, Jehoel almost instantly closes the gap and lets loose with a tight, efficient series of blows.

"Of course, because of your regard for life, no? Because they knew that you cared for them? Respected their hopes, wishes, dreams, and loves? Fought alongside them? Listened to them?"
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2016-09-02 at 12:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

"I would --" *block* "-- certainly -- " *block* "-- hope so."

It isn't until one of Jehoel's attacks carries him a little closer that Kamen Rider Rei knocks his fist aside and weaves under the next in a sudden burst of action, swinging fast and hard under the blow. He uses this opportunity to gain a bit of distance again - but perhaps to Jehoel's surprise, he chooses to throw the bludgeon in his direction, aimed at his right leg. He certainly knows how to mix up ranges to confuse the enemy; even given Jehoel's experience and coolness, it's an annoying kind of enemy to fight.

"But perhaps more than that. I have on more than one occasion put my life on the life to save theirs. And that is why they trust my heart to be the same as my words."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #8

Unconventionally, Jehoel simply blocks the thrown cudgel with his shin; the Arrancar's Hierro must be incredibly dense in that area. In an impressive display of dexterity, he flips the weapon up and delivers a direct strike with the same leg, hurling it far off the cliff face and into the forest below.

"Quite. You put great value in life, but still risk your own without hesitation. Because that helps to preserve more of those precious existences."

He seems content to let Koutarou make the next move.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

"Every time I've risked mine, it was with the certainty that someone else would survive.

And not once have I embraced that I might die for it.

By the way... Thanks for doing that."

What is he talking about?

A whirling sound alerts Jehoel to Rei's move... if it can be called that. The cudgel is spinning rapidly towards him!

Of course, the defensive field. It is basically electromagnetic in nature. Using it to alter the course of the weapon shouldn't be too difficult a task.

Not that Jehoel would know this was the Commander-General's first attempt at doing so.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna jump between rooms to keep this rolling a bit better. Also just going to focus on "hightlights"; Ammutseba, Rater202, we've covered most of this in the OOC thread or in PMs already.

[Svetlana's Room]

"...understand the duty, Numeros Svetlana? Your reasoning is fairly sound, and I admit curiosity about this...bond. But while I am entrusting this duty to you, I will again remind you that Las Noches is more important than a Mortal. It is even more important than you, or I, if it comes to that. Individual honor or goals must be subsumed for the betterment of our City, at least at times. You will need to be a guiding force for this foolhardy girl. She must understand how precarious her position is, and that she may yet suffer more dire punishments if she is not careful."

Turiel seemed serious but not angry with the up-and-coming Arrancar.
    I understand completely, Lord Segunda.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Sarah's Room]

Turiel was standing, looking down at the seated Mortal girl. His voice was calm and steady, but as hard as sword-steel.

"Whether you appreciate the fact or not, you live solely by my mercy, and by the pleas of two others. You draw breath because I, we, allow it. And I am placing an enormous amount of trust in Numeros Svetlana, and a grain of trust in you, to allow you the freedom that I am. If you abuse this trust, if you threaten the peace of this City, do not think you will not have consequences."
    Sarah nods in understanding, but does not verbally respond.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

[Hishikawa Estate]

"We also have tiger cubs." Katsurou replies like it's the most common thing in the world.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri's ears perked up - tiger cubs sounded adorable!

"You do?" she asked excitedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Setsurou looked at the interaction between Suguri and his grandfather with a mix of nostalgia and amusement.

"This is not the face of an old man that would lie to you. Come, little Suguri. Let us go visit the tiger cubs." Katsurou stood up and reached a hand for the child.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri grinned for the first time since she'd died, taking the old man's hand and following him to see the tiger cubs.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

The tiger cub enclosure is actually pretty wide - mostly because the tiger mother is not too far. But as it turns out, neither size of animal is on a leash.

Suguri doesn't know the reason for that, of course. The truth is, these tigers are all meant for training.

It might surprise her to see Katsurou just walk up to the tiger mother and gently bring her over to another corner. The cubs are busy playing about.

"Don't worry. These guys don't have their claws yet. Just be gentle with them."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Awww~" Suguri let out a squeal of delight when she saw the cubs. She carefully walked over to them, not wanting to frighten them, and knelt down to pet and play with them, her tail wagging furiously.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

"Would you look at that, grandson. She seems very much at home, doesn't she?" Katsurou chuckled.

"Almost too much." Setsurou agreed. "I don't think they mind her company, either."

Truth be told, the tiger cubs were pretty much as playful as kittens right now. Though they weren't really supposed to be.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2016-09-05 at 09:45 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri giggled, petting one of the tiger cubs on the belly, when she suddenly stopped. She sniffed, smelling something, then suddenly grabbed the cub and hurried over to the adults with a worried expression, her tail between her legs.

"This one's sick!" she said. The kitten purred, not looking particularly sick at a glance.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

"What?" Katsurou looked, confused. He took the cub from Suguri's hands as the tiger mother moved worriedly next to her.

"What's the matter with him?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"He's sick!" Suguri repeated. She didn't know how or with what, she wasn't a vet (and was a child). She just knew he smelled sick, at an instinctual level.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Although the attack itself was unexpected, Koutarou's inexperience and corresponding lack of fine control mean that Jehoel is able to easily evade the attack, sliding back out of the way while the cudgel spins past him.

"Tell me. When was the first time you ignored a Hollow as it begged for your mercy?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

The cudgel spins through the air back to Kamen Rider Rei's hand. There goes the surprise factor.

"That never happened."

That's a bold statement...

"I see." Katsurou peered at his grandson, whom looked at a loss. "I'll have one of their handlers look him over. Might be something he ate."

With that said, the elder called for one of the Estate's servants, to have the cub examined. The tiger mother didn't look too happy about this...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Jehoel seems unimpressed.

"Is that so? If you've fought any significant number, mercy should have been asked of you many times. Most Hollows are craven by nature and would spare no effort to preserve their own lives."

Suddenly, Jehoel uses Sonído to vanish and reappear in front of Koutarou. He immediately drives on fist toward Koutarou's stomach and almost immediately follows up that attack by attempting to smash his elbow into Koutarou's face. He continues talking without even breaking flow.

"And I highly doubt you would have spared a sadistic Hollow, or a Shinigami killer. So. Are you quibbling semantics, or simply inexperienced?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Jehoel's first strike catches the Commander-General by surprise. Reflex alone is what saves him from the second as he immediately brings up the cudgel to block. He still slides several feet back, however.

"Neither. I do not expect you to see it as such... but..."

SABBATH/BLIND GUARDIAN

GATTAI COMPLETE!

SYMPHONY X!

The armor's form grows more jagged. When Kamen Rider Rei dashes again, there is a distinct afterimage. This time, his gauntlets feature... pile drivers?

"...the duty of a Shinigami is not to 'end the existence of a Hollow'.

It is to 'lift the weight upon a soul'. To a Shinigami, purifying a Hollow is, indeed, an act of mercy!"

His fists are so much faster - so much heavier! The instant they connect, be it with his guard or his body, Jehoel can feel an aftershock as the pile drivers shoot forward. One would expect him to recoil after each hit, but...

"I have not once kept from purifying a Hollow when it was within my power to do so... not until we signed the peace treaty with Las Noches. Do you know why?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Jehoel simply waits and watches for Koutarou to attack with his new form, seeking to get an idea of its capabilities before attacking. Just as Koutarou is about to impact for the first time, though, Jehoel blurs behind him and attempts to drive the back of his elbow into Koutarou's neck.

"Do enlighten me."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Nuala's Room]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post
    Looking over the forms, Nuala dispenses with the pen she'd been given, and spreads out each paper onto the table in front of her. "I can na see a reason fi not sign, Segunda. 'T's ideal, a true," she tells him, not taking her eyes of the pages. She spreads out her fingers, so that one touches each of the forms. The smell of hot paper effervesces through the air, and suddenly her answers and information fill in at the required lines. She scorches on her answers not wholly unlike a laser printer, but with a display of universal fullbring that would require extreme precision.

Nuala scoops the documents together and holds them out to Turiel. "So den, da library next?"
    Turiel simply watched Nuala for a moment, expression neutral. Taking her measure, once again.

"Very well. This will be processed shortly, and copies sent to the Psychopomps and Mortals who are members of the Accord shortly after. That way, Nonessentia can avoid any...unwanted misunderstandings."

He takes the documents and hands them off to a clerk who was standing nearby for just this purpose.

"Yes, if that's your wish. You will be assigned a combination guide and guard for the next couple of days, to help you get a better understanding of where things are in the City, as well as what areas are open to visitors. On your way out, you'll be given the paperwork to hand in at the Library to then get a Guest Pass. If you stay longer than a couple of weeks, we can determine if you'll be given any increases to your access to materials. Please do not abuse the privilege we are extending to you. It would be very...uncivilized."

Probably some hidden meaning in those comments...

"Also, while you extended your political umbrella over the foolish girl-child, you should know that she has been very hostile to the idea of being associated with you, though she won't explain why. I won't force the matter with her; if you wish contact, I would suggest using messengers and seeing what comes of it."

He's standing up to leave himself, now.

[Svetlana's Room]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I understand completely, Lord Segunda.
    Turiel "hm'ed" thoughtfully for a moment.

"Hopefully you do. Now, if you two choose to take her in for study of this bond beyond what you may discover yourselves, make it clear to whoever aids you she is not to be harmed. But ensure she is not...over-reactive if they forget themselves. If she kills an Arrancar who was not literally attacking her that very moment, who had overwhelmed you and her other escorts, she will be lucky to only lose freedom. Make that abundantly clear to her."

Turiel is now standing and walking out the door, the dismissal being quite clear.

[Sarah's Room]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    [COLOR="#008000"]Sarah nods in understanding, but does not verbally respond.
    Turiel just watches her for a few moments.

"Don't make yourself regret this decision."

Wait that's not how that saying goes-

"Numeros Svetlana and the rest of your escort will be here shortly. Until then, remain here."

Turiel gets up and leaves briskly, not giving her much of a chance to respond.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Jehoel simply waits and watches for Koutarou to attack with his new form, seeking to get an idea of its capabilities before attacking. Just as Koutarou is about to impact for the first time, though, Jehoel blurs behind him and attempts to drive the back of his elbow into Koutarou's neck.

"Do enlighten me."
    Jehoel is an experienced fighter. He ought to know the difference between being about to hit an afterimage and being about to hit the real thing.

That's why it's a very confusing feeling to know he's about to hit SOMETHING, just not the real thing.

"Because the moment you stop being a danger to yourself or others, including Soul Society, you stop being a problem. We do not purify Hollows because we were ordered to, but because it is necessary to the Cycle.

We cannot afford to wait for wild Hollows to reach this level of conscience, because they might never reach it. But for those who have?

We can afford to let them roam free."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I see." Katsurou peered at his grandson, whom looked at a loss. "I'll have one of their handlers look him over. Might be something he ate."

With that said, the elder called for one of the Estate's servants, to have the cub examined. The tiger mother didn't look too happy about this...
    Suguri worriedly watched the servant examine the cub. The servant would find that the cub's heart was beating irregularly, possibly due to a worm or a muscle tremor. If it was left untreated, the cub could die at any moment.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Jehoel blinks into the sky.

"Can't? Tell me, how many prisoners are in the Senzaikyū at this moment?"

Pointing one finger downwards, Jehoel releases a Cero. Rather than actually damaging the terrain, it billows outwards in a detonation of concussive force.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Suguri worriedly watched the servant examine the cub. The servant would find that the cub's heart was beating irregularly, possibly due to a worm or a muscle tremor. If it was left untreated, the cub could die at any moment.
    The servant hurries along to find the exact course of treatment to administer.

Either way it looks like an injection.

"He should be alright now. How did you know?" Katsurou asks of Suguri.

"Like I said. I do not expect you to see things that way."

Rei's form multiplies, circling the Cero around the edge of the point of detonation. The explosion is compressed back to its potential form before the Commander-General hurls it back with great effort.

"Seven hundred and forty-nine. But the purpose of prison is not one of education, it is one of punishment and, when possible, reform.

Not a valid point of comparison, I'm afraid.

I do not believe in absolutes, Jehoel. That is why I want to believe you can truly accomplish something with Las Noches, rather than simply take you for the existence you are."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show