New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

In space roleplay no one can hear you scream!

Mostly because it's text based. I guess if you had a text to voice reader you would hear the screams, but it would probably be in a monotone computer generated thing and not work very well.

Anyway, there is now ffrp in space with the new Trinity universe. Yay! It is not Nexus in Space. There are rules to the setting, and a few constraints on character abilities (no space wizards / Jedi / psionics) and technology (no planet busters, no faster than light travel) which are set out in the OOC thread OP. All the roleplay takes place in a single system, populated by gas giants, each of which has enough habitable moons that many different alien species exist. (*baps probability in the nose* It just happened that way, okay? )

Like all good settings, there's a tavern, called Orion's, based on the neutral space station of Port Meridian. Fly on in and have a drink with us!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

What do you all think of a FFRP made especially like City of Heroes?

By this I mean there will be accepted powers that explain what they do and people can only make characters with a set amount of powers. It would take place in a city called Empire City which due to recent boosts in crime rate has become the perfect place for new villains and heroes to become known.

I have a large list of powers so far, do any of you think someone would be interested in it?

Empire City Recruitment
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-07-03 at 02:44 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd defenitely be interested... but keep in mind that, looking over your list, some of those powers are far 'better' (by which I mean more can be done with them) than others.

Lantern Ring comes to mind. Couple that with Super Intellect, and someone just won the Superpower Lottery.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #484
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah. I think you need to work on the superpower list, and removing the lantern ring is a good start. Maybe more generalized powers, with notes on which powers can and cannot occur in the same person? I'd be happy to help, cause otherwise it sounds like a good setting.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I'd defenitely be interested... but keep in mind that, looking over your list, some of those powers are far 'better' (by which I mean more can be done with them) than others.

Lantern Ring comes to mind. Couple that with Super Intellect, and someone just won the Superpower Lottery.
    I understand what you mean.

Many of the people who do FFRPs seem to do 'Roleplaying Possibilities' rather then 'Optimized Character that Kills Everyone.'
    By this I mean they create characters that will give them a great FFRPing experience more often then creating characters that they use to 'win' a game by making them the most powerful they can be. And since I see that many of the FFRPers are here for a fun RPing experience and not to obliterate everyone else. Because it wouldn't be fun to completely optimize your character, because there's the fact that not everyone will play along with you.

What do you suggest then? Put restrictions to powers where if you have this one you are locked out from other ones because you would be too powerful?
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Yeah. I think you need to work on the superpower list, and removing the lantern ring is a good start. Maybe more generalized powers, with notes on which powers can and cannot occur in the same person? I'd be happy to help, cause otherwise it sounds like a good setting.
    My mind has been convinced. What do you suggest for which powers cannot occur in the same person?

Power list:
    Spoiler
    Show

Adamentine Skeleton: Your skeleton is made of Adamentine and is indestructible. Only Adamentine can break it.
    Animal Communication: You can understand animals and they can understand you.
    Armored Skin: Your skin is like armor, but that doesn't mean you don't feel pain.
    Chronokinesis: You can control the flow of time to your advantage. You can't travel back to before you were born without more like you helping you.
    Creator: You can make minions that you control out of any material. You have to imbibe them with the likeness of a nearby creature though.
    Cyrokinesis: You have ice powers. You can create ice from the water in the air and move whole things of ice.
    Danger Sense: You can sense danger to yourself up to 10 minutes before.
    Destroyer: You can make things explode after you touch them.
    Element Breath: Choose one of the Elements(Such as Fire, Ice, Acid, Electricity, Water, etc...) you now can breath out that Element like a dragon breathes fire. Ex. Fire Breath, Ice Breath, Acid Breath, Electricity Breath, Etc...
    Element Changer: You can turn things from one element to another. Ex. Turn Lead into Gold.
    Element Manipulator: Choose an element from the periodic table, you can now use that element as if it were a Telekinesis like ability. Ex. Iron Manipulator, you can control iron. You can lift it with a thought and mold it with a thought.
    Enchanter of Item: Choose an item. You can now enchant it with different things, such as: Exploding on Impact, Glow, Catch on Fire on Impact, ect...
    Flight: You can now fly like Superman.
    Force Field: You can create force fields that cannot be penetrated.
    High Endurace: You can take beatings. An example superhero with this ability is Juggernaut or The Hulk.
    Hydrokinesis: You have complete control over liquids. And can even condense it from the water in the air.
    Invisibility: You can turn invisible.
    Laser Eyes: You can shoot lasers out of your eyes at will.
    Magnokinesis: You have the power of magnets.
    Mind Control: You can control the mind of weak willed individuals.
    Mind Reading: You can read minds.
    Power Ring User: Choose a Lantern Corp. You now belong to that Corp.
    Precision Accuracy with a Weapon: Choose a weapon, you are now extremely accurate with it.
    Pyrokinesis: You can control and create fire.
    Pyschokinesis: You can create objects that are mental that can effect the physical. Ex. Making a spinning saw in the mind and throwing it at a person's leg makes them lose the use of the leg and experience the pain of losing it.
    Regeneration: You can regenerate lost body parts and tissue, fast.
    Shapeshifter: You can take on different shapes.
    Size Manipulation: You can change your size.
    Skill Master: Choose a skill, you are now a master of it.
    Sonic Screech: You can release a yell that can shatter windows and disorient people.
    Super Agility:. You are the greatest gymnast ever. Ex. Spiderman has this power.
    Super Hearing: You can hear things from a far distance.
    Super Intellect: You are incredibly smart.
    Super Sight: You can see well over long distances.
    Super Soldier: You are a human at his peak abilities. Like Captain America.
    Super Speed: You are fast, like the Flash.
    Super Strength: You can lift up to 5 tons.
    Super Stretch: You are very stretchy. Like Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man.
    Telekinesis: You can pick up objects with you mind.
    Telepathy: You can send messages to another's mind.
    Water Breathing: You can breath underwater.
    Weapon Bound: You can call your weapon to you.
    Weather Control: You can control the weather, like Storm.
    Wind Control: You can control the wind.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-07-03 at 04:07 PM.
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

That seems complicated. Maybe just ask people to get their new characters approved in ooc first and work out any overpoweredness issues there.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    That seems complicated. Maybe just ask people to get their new characters approved in ooc first and work out any overpoweredness issues there.
    Changing my mind again. This seems like the simplest idea, and the simplest course of actions can usually be the best. I don't want people to be overwhelmed, and I also don't want people being gigantic munchkins with the powers. I really want to keep the Power Ring stuff, but it does make more sense to remove it.
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

In addition?

Power Rings are a DC specific thing, and therefore shouldn't really be in this. That said, the idea (intergalactic corps) could easily stay.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #490

I would say merge Weather Control and Wind Control (One is basically a weaker version of the other) Hydro and Cyrokinesis (Cause control of water would naturally include being able to slow it down enough that it takes solid form) .

As for which powers shouldn't be allowed inthe same person:

Super Strength + Superspeed (Just a really, really bad idea. If you don't understand, imagine a Superman vs. The Flash duel.)

Weather Control + Cyro/Hydrokinesis (Summon a massive rainstorm, turn every drop of water into a razor sharp shard of ice, profit. And other such cheap tricks.)

Element Changer + Element Manipulator/Magnokinesis (Cause if you can create any element out of any other element, then the power to control of a specific substance is essentially all powerful)

Forcefield/High Endurance/Armored Skin + Regeneration (Because if you regen faster then you can be hurt, you're invincible, and just being able to hide behind a forcefield till you're fully healed is worse)

Mind Control + Telepathy (If you think about it, these powers would go naturally together, but in the end they just make it so you know everything and can control anyone, anywhere)

Element Breath + Cyro/Pyro/Hydrokinesis (Same reason as the Element Manipulator + Element Changer combo should be disallowed)

Forcefield + Mental Powers (Hiding behind an unbreakable forcefield and beating people up with telekinesis? Lame.)

I really like the idea of a setting with defined superpowers otherwise.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-07-03 at 05:21 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #491

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Element Breath + Cyro/Pyro/Hydrokinesis (Same reason as the Element Manipulator + Element Changer combo should be disallowed)
    I made most of the changes you suggested except for this one. I don't want to disallow it because you can achieve the same thing here alone with the kinesis powers. Also, I decided to keep Cyrokinesis and Hydrokinesis separate. If you look on the Internet you will find many reasons why they are separate things.
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

I suggest adding in some electric based powers (which MAY be based partly on InFamous ):

Spoiler
    Show
    Electric Grenade: You create a grenade of electricity in your hand. Five seconds after you throw it, it explodes. Everybody within a five foot radius of the explosion gets zapped.
    Bolt of Electricity: You fire a bolt of lightning from your fingertips.
    Electric Blades: You create a sword made out of electricity in each hand.
    Electric Rocket: An advanced form of Electric Grenade. You shoot a small rocket out of electricity out of your hands. It flies about twenty feet before exploding (unless it hits something before then). Everbody within a five foot radious of the explosion gets zapped, and may be slightly knocked back.

As you can guess, I plan on playing an electric-based character
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post

OMG DRAGONS!

Zarakkan: "You have made a great enemy this day monsieur."

not one of me though, Zarakkan is your enemy, not me. He is ten thousand years old, and he HATES the dragon cliches. He is the kinda guy who goes around to princesses in the form of a kind old man, makes them fall in love with a peasant, then frightens off the prince trying to marry the princess for political reasons while ticking off the princesses father to no end, just because.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

*shrugs*

It's the Nexus. If I wanted to, I could have made a big long post describing dragons as 6 inch long magical pixie creatures that fix shoes, have poofy hair, sparkle in the moonlight and seduce teenage boys. And then made three characters following that template.

Also, I'm eager to see how a fictional character could possibly try to get revenge on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

its not that. its that he considers a dragon that feeds on other sentients life force as morally black, not even his worst enemy in his backstory was that bad....

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Well of course feeding on another sapient's life force is morally repugnant. The life force doesn't necessarily have to come from a sapient being, though. All animals have life force capable of sustaining a dragon... that's why they're, y'know, alive. The 'evil' dragons just like to eat people because it's easier and they have more of it, while the 'good' dragons just have to settle with what they can get with their regular prey.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

still finds it distasteful, methinks me characterize him as a guy who actually likes to use his mouth to eat things, don't like the life force drainage thing, would make him feel too much like vampire if actually could do that at all, whom he considers disease-carrying rats that all need to exterminated.

Zarakkan: "Yea. I'll be watching your vampragons. If I sees an evil one, you bet I'm coming for him."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, just doing a re-check... anyone else interested in a Fairy Tail FFRP?

Might see about starting a Planning thread...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

I might be interested in this I guess.
    Like Grimm stuff?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I believe they're referring to the manga.

An actual Fairy Tale FFRP would be kinda fun though. Maybe.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh then NVM. I have no idea what that is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, just doing a re-check... anyone else interested in a Fairy Tail FFRP?

Might see about starting a Planning thread...
    You should do that.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Is up.

Let's see how it goes!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    My mind has been convinced. What do you suggest for which powers cannot occur in the same person?

Power list:
    Spoiler
    Show

Adamentine Skeleton: Your skeleton is made of Adamentine and is indestructible. Only Adamentine can break it.
    Animal Communication: You can understand animals and they can understand you.
    Armored Skin: Your skin is like armor, but that doesn't mean you don't feel pain.
    Chronokinesis: You can control the flow of time to your advantage. You can't travel back to before you were born without more like you helping you.
    Creator: You can make minions that you control out of any material. You have to imbibe them with the likeness of a nearby creature though.
    Cyrokinesis: You have ice powers. You can create ice from the water in the air and move whole things of ice.
    Danger Sense: You can sense danger to yourself up to 10 minutes before.
    Destroyer: You can make things explode after you touch them.
    Element Breath: Choose one of the Elements(Such as Fire, Ice, Acid, Electricity, Water, etc...) you now can breath out that Element like a dragon breathes fire. Ex. Fire Breath, Ice Breath, Acid Breath, Electricity Breath, Etc...
    Element Changer: You can turn things from one element to another. Ex. Turn Lead into Gold.
    Element Manipulator: Choose an element from the periodic table, you can now use that element as if it were a Telekinesis like ability. Ex. Iron Manipulator, you can control iron. You can lift it with a thought and mold it with a thought.
    Enchanter of Item: Choose an item. You can now enchant it with different things, such as: Exploding on Impact, Glow, Catch on Fire on Impact, ect...
    Flight: You can now fly like Superman.
    Force Field: You can create force fields that cannot be penetrated.
    High Endurace: You can take beatings. An example superhero with this ability is Juggernaut or The Hulk.
    Hydrokinesis: You have complete control over liquids. And can even condense it from the water in the air.
    Invisibility: You can turn invisible.
    Laser Eyes: You can shoot lasers out of your eyes at will.
    Magnokinesis: You have the power of magnets.
    Mind Control: You can control the mind of weak willed individuals.
    Mind Reading: You can read minds.
    Power Ring User: Choose a Lantern Corp. You now belong to that Corp.
    Precision Accuracy with a Weapon: Choose a weapon, you are now extremely accurate with it.
    Pyrokinesis: You can control and create fire.
    Pyschokinesis: You can create objects that are mental that can effect the physical. Ex. Making a spinning saw in the mind and throwing it at a person's leg makes them lose the use of the leg and experience the pain of losing it.
    Regeneration: You can regenerate lost body parts and tissue, fast.
    Shapeshifter: You can take on different shapes.
    Size Manipulation: You can change your size.
    Skill Master: Choose a skill, you are now a master of it.
    Sonic Screech: You can release a yell that can shatter windows and disorient people.
    Super Agility:. You are the greatest gymnast ever. Ex. Spiderman has this power.
    Super Hearing: You can hear things from a far distance.
    Super Intellect: You are incredibly smart.
    Super Sight: You can see well over long distances.
    Super Soldier: You are a human at his peak abilities. Like Captain America.
    Super Speed: You are fast, like the Flash.
    Super Strength: You can lift up to 5 tons.
    Super Stretch: You are very stretchy. Like Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man.
    Telekinesis: You can pick up objects with you mind.
    Telepathy: You can send messages to another's mind.
    Water Breathing: You can breath underwater.
    Weapon Bound: You can call your weapon to you.
    Weather Control: You can control the weather, like Storm.
    Wind Control: You can control the wind.
    for the element manipulator and element changer powers, you might want to limit them a bit...because if someone chooses carbon for one of those powers, well, then whatever team they're against (ie. heroes, villians) will be totally and utterly screwed.

also, hello world, i'm still a bit confused...i want to join the nexus, putting a character i had in dnd in...but how do that? do i just kinda shove him in and say, HELLO WORLD, MY NAME IS LUCIAN...or do i try a more reasonable approach...help please!
    Last edited by Guest#1; 2011-07-18 at 11:33 AM.
    doll avatar by Recaiden
    I'm not a weird, odd, or unusual human. Just a shiny one.
    This is what I do in my free time
    Dread Pirate Roberts in the playground

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Elemental control should not apply to an element if it is part of the body. For example, somebody controlling carbon could control diamonds and coal and graphite and all those fun things, but not the carbon contained in living organisms.
    I think controlling diamonds is awesome enough anyway.
    ----
    ALSO: How to get into the Nexus...
    Post a character sheet HERE.
    I suggest reading THESE HELPFUL THINGS AND STUFF.
    When you feel ready, have your character come into somewhere like Trog's Tavern or something.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Elemental control should not apply to an element if it is part of the body. For example, somebody controlling carbon could control diamonds and coal and graphite and all those fun things, but not the carbon contained in living organisms.
    I think controlling diamonds is awesome enough anyway.
    ----
    ALSO: How to get into the Nexus...
    Post a character sheet HERE.
    I suggest reading THESE HELPFUL THINGS AND STUFF.
    When you feel ready, have your character come into somewhere like Trog's Tavern or something.
    Thanks a bunch, Beans, well, i'm off... *POOF* PolterGuest, away!!!
    doll avatar by Recaiden
    I'm not a weird, odd, or unusual human. Just a shiny one.
    This is what I do in my free time
    Dread Pirate Roberts in the playground

27. - Top - End - #507

Going to pitch an idea here:
    What about a FFRP where you're students going to a school to become ninjas? You sit through classes to learn how to kill people in various ways, and it would borrow some things from Naruto(Like Ninjitsu).
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #508

'Ello all. I've thought about joining this for a while now....

Those of you that take part in Structured Games already know me. I've done FFRPing before, Chat and Forum based, although more the former than the latter, and indeed have helped run and organize as well as help people with such.

Now, introductions the first post says? I'm not quite sure how seriously indepth it meant, so I'll forgo the 'I am blah blah, I do blah blah.'

Incidently, the Nexus was made in 2005? Which is intruiging, because somewhere on that year a similar place was made on the Chat/Forum FFRP place that I mentioned above. (Might've been 2006.) And I do find it intruiging how two different sites can come up with extremely similar ideas about the same time.(Kind of reminds me of the Car(I think it was the car anyways.) being invented on two different spots around the same time!)

Anyways, I do create rather a plethora of characters at times, and I look forward to not only getting involved in this all, but especially the Nexus as I have prior experience in similar settings.

I do believe I have rambled though, so feel free to skip over this post if you don't feel like getting rambled at. So, 'ello all.

(Warning: I have a large vocabulary, and can often spout words that most do not understand. I wonder quite a bit if I'm actually partially Autistic in several ways, but I've never bothered to try being diagnosed.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Trust me, there is no lack of literacy in the Nexus. I'd be incredibly surprised if you managed to come up with any vocabulary or manner of speaking which we would find abstruse, or possibly even orotund.

30. - Top - End - #510

Welcome to the Free-Form Sector, Bladescape. You may find your sanity to be gone as you head for the Nexus.