New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Hey there, and welcome to FFRP. If you're wanting to post in the Nexus, allow me to direct you to the Nexus OoC thread. Hope you enjoy it.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright finally finished reading the thread

Anyway, I'm new to the concept of FFRP, but I believe I grasp the concept pretty well after reading the FAQs. Well it suggests to post what kind of setting you prefer and so here it is: Foremost I generally enjoy consistent universe, as in I don't enjoy being in a group with a wizard, knight, cleric, etc and then encountering a robot bear pirate. If it's high-fantasy then I rather prefer it to remain as such.

That being said, I enjoy a few types of universes.

First: Typical Fantasy setting complete with goblins, sorcerers and what have you. Don't mind variation in the slightest for instance if the universe was akin to WoW where there are flintlock rifles and airships that is all cool and dandy.

Second: Modern setting complete with technology that is currently available to us (no deathstars, Tiefighters, etc).

There are several other settings but I won't bore you with every single one. I'm really interested in Nexus, but from what I understand if I'm on a medieval world there's a random chance that a gundam robot and cthulu could pop up out of nowhere.

tl;dr: Prefer fantasy/modern settings but am open minded to others. Also, consistency is a priority.

Advice much appreciated!
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Well...

Nexus is probably closest to what you want, but its entire theme is being the center of multiverse, the focal point of countless intersecting planes where things change and entities of all shapes, sizes, settings, and backgrounds mix together.

The setting is consistent... but it is consistent inconsistency, if you get what I'm saying.

That said, your other choices in this forum are My Little Pony, Grimdark My Little Pony, Bleach, and a few others.

Bleach is more consistent, but the one currently going is neither modern or traditional fantasy.

And uh, given your stated preferences, I'm thinking my little pony roleplay is not what you're after.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, it sounds like RailguniTP may be the best fit for his request. AFAIK it's the only internally consistent modern FFRP in the forum. Now, it's not a perfect match, because it's set in a city that's about 30 years ahead of the world at large in terms of technology, which is used to (among other things) alter people's brains and grant them psychic abilities. But even so, it still seems to tick more boxes than any of the other options.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-03 at 11:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

I admit, I glossed over Railgun (and others) largely because they don't see nearly as much traffic per day.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    I admit, I glossed over Railgun (and others) largely because they don't see nearly as much traffic per day.
    1) How will these RPs ever get more traffic if nobody tells new players about them?

2) ClassyCelt didn't specify 'must have high traffic' in his list of criteria. If an RP fits the player's stated requirements, it should be presented as an option.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-04 at 01:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Pixie in the Playground

I actually had a change of heart, I really am intrigued my the idea of the Nexus. Not sure why but after thinking it over having different universes come together sounds rather interesting to me. On to the OoC thread I suppose
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Nexus Character(s)

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Join the dark side!

9. - Top - End - #729
    Pixie in the Playground

It'll be a probably be a couple of days before I get around to making my character since I'm reading the threads to get a better grasp of how everyone RP's. Although the dark side seems like it could be really fun

I'm actually reading the "Sleeping Goblin inn" thread and just got to the part where you and several other characters depart with Sleet. A question pertaining to that: What thread did you guys jump to upon departure? It's difficult to keep up with everything I'd like to continue reading the quest that's going on there!
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-04 at 02:29 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!

Nexus Character(s)

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Wer went into the old Outside thread. I'll PM you the place number in a minutes. Links don't like me...

11. - Top - End - #731
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey... I wanted to know, is there a One Piece thread here? It's my favorite manga, and I have characters made for the setting.

If there isn't, I may start one of either it or the Dresden Files (Since I love it too)
    If you know what my name is from, you have good taste in literature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Violence: If it doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    "STOP PEEING ON THE SACRED ALTAR OF DOOM!" (Me)

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadeVamp View Post
    Hey... I wanted to know, is there a One Piece thread here? It's my favorite manga, and I have characters made for the setting.

If there isn't, I may start one of either it or the Dresden Files (Since I love it too)

Yes
    , although it seems to be in limbo at the moment.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, the had a Grandma that passed away in December and I think he is still in mourning along with other relatives.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Pixie in the Playground

Huh... perhaps we should start another then? ((I don't mean to disrespect his mourning, and it is probably best not to pester him about it)).

Unless a Dresden Files alternative was preferable, of course. How about anyone who's interested posts here, and we'll see what we do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

15. - Top - End - #735
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would be interested. I could even translate my old character Nigel Zeromus.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Halfling in the Playground

Ooh, then we can do things like this
    Spoiler
    Show

all the time!
    That means I can be a seelie/unseelie fey who rides dinosaurs and wears a trenchcoat! Finally, my dreams are realized, and my hovercraft is full of eels.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually.. I'm sorry. I think I'm doing the ONe Piece thing. (I have four people in a recruitment thread over in the recruitment section.)

Speaking of which, there's still an opening for you, Animekid!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm considering two ideas that I might start next weekend or after.

One is about death knights... though it's a little better to imagine it almost like Power Rangers minus the giant robots, and you have to get murdered first to join.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DEATH KNIGHTS
    There are times when the forces of good must bring someone back from death to serve in the war between light and dark. The darkness arms itself with terrors, and their ranks outnumber the forces of good.

Murdered senselessly by the darkness, a group of youths find themselves resurrected by the light. Now called to aid the side that returned them to life, it is time to become Death Knights.

MECHANICS AND STUFF
    High Undead:
    A Death Knight has two forms: their living form, which is their usual living body, and their undead form. The basic undead form of a Death Knight is usually a corpse-pale, scarred version of their living body, complete with strangely glowing eyes. The undead form exhibits increased physical abilities, as well as access to magic.
    It is said that highly advanced Death Knights can enter something called a Tyrant State, increasing their power and taking a more bestial form.

A Lich is a resurrected person with expanded intelligence and proficiency with psionics and magic. Unlike Death Knights, most Liches are allied with evil rather than good. Often they take on the role of coordinator. Accordingly the dark forces in the vicinity of Haven Glade are said to be under the direction of a Lich.

Wights are intelligent undead with the ability to drain energy from other beings; they can also use their absorbing abilities to take on aspects of other things; for example, a Wight could take on the aspects of a wolf, which would manifest as changes in its weapons, armor, and abilities. Most Wights are commanding officers in the armies of darkness.

Low Undead:
    Zombies are the standard grunts for the armies of darkness. What they lack in durability and intelligence is made up for in sheer cheapness---they are easy to make.

Ghouls are a step up from Zombies, with clawed hands, feral agility, and vicious cunning. They are harder to produce, but more effective than Zombies.

MAGIC
    Death Knights' magic is mostly related to elemental categories.
    Suggested categories are fire, water, earth, air, cold, light, blood, metal, etc.
    Fire: The element of aggression and power; common uses are enveloping one's weapons in fire, creating fiery slashes, etc.
    Water: The element of flexibility and balance; common uses are watery slashes, and using jets of water as offense and propulsion; while water isn't very offensively powerful, there is a healing aspect to it.
    Air: The element of evasion and agility; common uses are self-propulsion and creating whirlwind barriers or impactive gusts.
    Earth: The element of stability and substance; common uses are shockwaves and rooting oneself to the ground for stability.
    Cold: The element of order and self-control; common uses are freezing strikes and adding a layer of ice to one's armor; using it on one's feet can allow a skating effect.
    Light: The element of optimism; common uses are blinding flashes of light and imbuing one's weapon with light energy.
    Blood: The element of instinct and loyalty; common uses are a damage-induced frenzy and the augmentation of nearby allies' strength.
    Metal: The element of analysis and realism; common uses are enhancing one's weapons and armor.

WEAPONS
    Conventional weapons are pretty damn ineffective against the undead. A Death Knight's weapon is imbued with the magic within a Death Knight's existence, and is thus effective aginst other undead. However, the complexity of systems like firearms and explosives result in poor magic distribution, so the closest thing a Death Knight can have to a "magic gun" is a musket of sorts (best equipped with a bayonet). More basic melee weapons and bow weapons are more reliable.

CHARACTER SHEET
    Name:
    Description: Discuss their living and undead forms. And clothes, because they'd better not be running around nude.
    Equipment: Whatever weapon(s) they use in their undead form, and whatever armor (or equivalent) they wear (their armor doesn't need to be very heavy).
    Abilities: Most Death Knights keep to one category of magic.
    Personality:

---
    The second idea is a retry of the Homestuck ITP; the recent updates have revealed more about the class and element mechanics, and I've generally just been wanting to do that again.
    Also, by "next weekend" I mean "maybe Sunday evening at the earliest" 'cause of fun running around and trying to claw down scholarships.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd be fully behind the Homestuck FFRP.
    I could bring back Zach! *Squeeeeeee!*
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hello, I'm new to FFRP but all the threads it's been suggested for new players to start in already seem to be in the middle of a storyline. What should I do?

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

HI! Well, you can just go to a tavern! There are usually people there free. There's Trog's, The Dancing Fox Inn, The Sleeping Goblin, and The Black Dragon's Den. Just say you're character walks in.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvon000 View Post
    Hello, I'm new to FFRP but all the threads it's been suggested for new players to start in already seem to be in the middle of a storyline. What should I do?
    That's normal. FFRPs are made to be joined at any time, no matter how long they've been running or how fast they go. New players can simply pick out one that looks interesting and introduce themselves in the appropriate thread. The exact procedure for joining varies from RP to RP, but you should be able to find all the details you need in the OOC for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    HI! Well, you can just go to a tavern! There are usually people there free. There's Trog's, The Dancing Fox Inn, The Sleeping Goblin, and The Black Dragon's Den. Just say you're character walks in.
    That only works for those wanting to join the Nexus. The other RPs don't work that way.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-18 at 11:38 AM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvon000 View Post
    All the places here are universes, not Scenarios or whatnot, so instead of being in the middle of a storyline, think of them as being in the middle of continuity. Newcomers are always welcome, so introduce yourself in the OOC of the universe that interests you the most, or more than one if you like.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

25. - Top - End - #745
    Orc in the Playground

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to this whole Free Form stuff and I have mainly come here because I have grown increasingly tired with the amount of crunch that is needed just to get to fluff. Seeing the same builds used over and over again becomes increasingly boring. So I have found my way to this forum to do something different with the fantasy game I so love.

I mainly came here to indulge in the more classic side of fantasy where an adventuring group would come together and go on quest and not have to wrestle with moral issues. I quickly became surprised however at the "Death Knights" game that Beans had proposed which quickly grabbed my full attention.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello! Welcome to everything! Are you in Nexus or the others?

27. - Top - End - #747
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Hello! Welcome to everything! Are you in Nexus or the others?
    Gonna start checking around soon, wanted to make my presence known before I walk into any threads.

I am intending to do a read over of things but I have an idea of what is around from the first page of this thread.

Thank you for the welcome however
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

OK! I hope you find something nice!

29. - Top - End - #749
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmmm....... about me..... ok.....

I am miz redavni, I am 22, I am a child of the internet(even though it was set up at my place 4weeks ago?, don't question it), and video games. always played them... bit of a geek really.

I play d&d weekly with some friends, I play games all day, love sci-fi and fantasy stuffs, and even though I sit around all day on the net, play games, and watch movies I think I look pretty damn sexy for a lazy good for nothing geek(no, I am not fat, really damn skinny)... god I cant think of what else to say...

Anyway if you have any question for me about myself. let me know.

I have been playing d&d for years and well everyone in my group is in that category of "drop as soon as possible", thought it would be funners to check out playing something kindda like d&d with others.

Now, I'm not 100% sure how well I'd do in Play-by-post.

So if it's not to hard, like I said I'm not sure how I'd do, so maybe I should have a temp character.... you know how in some anime's or manga how there's a character and after a bit the creator determines if they'll have the character be permanent, like they'll have something happen to the character if not and if they do then they'll have the character join the main group...

Kindda like that, that would be good if I could do that...

I guess I'm interested in joining any story.

edit: after watching some To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, I guess I'd like to join the one that has to do with that alittle more then then others but whichever will have me I'll join.
    Last edited by miz redavni; 2012-02-29 at 05:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Greetings and welcome. Practically all of the RPs here are always open for membership. Generally you just need to introduce yourself in the appropriate OOC thread (RailguniTP's is here) and post a character. If it gets the thumbs up, you can start posting right away. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you like.