New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

What do I have to do to join?

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Just post in the Out of Character (OOC) if you want, otherwise or afterwards you can just toss a character somewhere (Trog's, Dancing Fox Inn, Mallside are favorites, but Inside/Outside are also viable). Feel free to skim the first post in any of the topics so you've got a basic idea what you're entering.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #873
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey there! Not exactly new, just been lurking on and off for quite a while but I think it's about time I dipped a toe in.

Not quite sure which rp to go for though too be honest...

I know I'm new and all but I was also wondering if anyone might be tempted by a game in the Venture Bros Universe? I'm sure there must be a few fans around here!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleach: Renewed Revolution is still up for those looking for an interesting take on the Bleach setting and a focus on cooperative storytelling. The OOC thread can be found here and the IC thread can be found here if you're interested in seeing how the game is proceeding.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-09 at 08:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hey everyone. I'm going to join the Inside [Nexus] and I was wondering id you had any other suggestions?
    Dance with me ta me theme song lads!
    Come check out some of my artwork and short stories at bronyheresy.deviantart.com if you like quirky humor, long descriptions, and good characterization.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BronyHeresy View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm going to join the Inside [Nexus] and I was wondering id you had any other suggestions?
    Trog's is usually considered a good place to introduce a new character, as are the other specific locations, but Inside works just fine, too.
    (It's a different thread then Inside, just in case you didn't see it)
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-03-15 at 09:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm here, and I have no idea what's going on... And I want to try out Nexsus, so... Can someone give me a rundown?
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2013-03-19 at 08:35 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    I'm here, and I have no idea what's going on... And I want to try out Nexsus, so... Can someone give me a rundown?
    You got it! Every topic marked 'Nexus' represents a different location, as described in the first post of each. If you want to make a character, simply think of one and stick him/her/it somewhere. Trog's is a long-time favorite for introducing characters, but Inside/Outside, Mallside, Dancing Fox Inn, and Black Dragon's Den all also function. Some topics are dedicated to specific in-universe organizations, also as described in their OP. There is an Out-of-character thread as well as a character registry, but you don't have to post there before making your first post.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

*points to the links in my sig*

Welcome!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #880
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey I've been thinking of joining up the Nexus games as they look really damn interesting, specifically the "No" game.
    Is there anything I need to know before I jump into the setting and what exactly the best tips are for getting started?
    The New age Highlander

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

One big thing you need to know is that there are no Nexus "games". The Nexus is all one big setting. The different threads represent different locations or groups of locations within the larger Nexus.

Otherwise, just come on over to the OoC thread and introduce yourself. People there can help you get started.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Bugbear in the Playground

Where would one gauge interest/advertise for a new RP idea? I got a doozy of muzakpunk sci-fi schlock that came to me in the shower. It's a beautiful flower just waiting for blossom into bad dialogue and tangled lore that requires it's own Wiki. The Wiki will be popular for a while but people will forget to keep updating and, by June 2014, it will fall into disuse. My vision needs to be realised. Where do I go to do that?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Where would one gauge interest/advertise for a new RP idea? I got a doozy of muzakpunk sci-fi schlock that came to me in the shower. It's a beautiful flower just waiting for blossom into bad dialogue and tangled lore that requires it's own Wiki. The Wiki will be popular for a while but people will forget to keep updating and, by June 2014, it will fall into disuse. My vision needs to be realised. Where do I go to do that?
    Here, I suppose if it's totally FF. Or the Recruiting part of the PbP game section.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone here familiar with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? I'm thinking of a possible universe using one of the coolest ideas from JJBA, the concept of the Stand (basically an energy manifestation of supernatural powers often taking a form akin to a protective spirit). Perhaps a series of small meteor impacts have caused Stands to awaken in people in various areas of the world, with the whole dealio centering around a city near one of the more major impacts?
    The more people we can get for this, the more I think we can get a really good story going with lots of creative Stands.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885

So here's my idea. Bear with me, it's pretty convoluted.

The thrust of the story concerns a hostile alien entity trapped in a dimension parallel to our very own. Unfortunately the crafty little bastard has found a way to cross over, albeit minimally. Although even the small influence the creature has on our world is causing pretty terrible problems, not the least of which are; entire towns disappearing from the face of the planet, subtle meteorological changes that are causing planetary disasters, the world economy going into unpredictable flux by untraceable money that appears and disappears at random and probably many more things I'll bet.

Enter Pacific Virtual Corporation (name pending) a company that, once upon a time, was at the cutting edge of just about every field of science imaginable including, by coincidence, proving that esoteric cosmology may have more legitimacy than a cursory glance would suggest. Despite riding a wave of success with their products which ranged from military grade weapons to household appliances and pharmaceuticals the ambition of the company was monetarily unsustainable and the company went under in 1989. The CEO and founder, unable to pay off investors, disappeared weeks later never to be heard from again. Other companies bought the patents to Pacific Virtual's futuristic projects and sat on them, unable to pay for their development and unwilling to let other companies profit from them.

Cut to 2013 and the global havoc wreaked by an indefinable, invisible force and it's suspect ties to a now defunct mega-corporation. In the midst of this chaos a group of people who, through whatever means the player writes into their backstory, come into possession of a Pacific Virtual VHS tape. Corporate tapes on various subjects; advertising resorts, tech demos, employee training, video catalogues, instructional videos and everything in between. Acquired as a kitschy relic from a bygone age of muzak and virtual reality fascination these people discover that they actually allow travel to the very same pocket dimension hosting the hostile entity. People from all over the world with these tapes have formed a coalition to put an end to the machinations of the evil entity once and for all.

So the story is split into two distinct, but connected, segments. The first is fantasy/sci fi epic set in the pocket dimension wherein humans, granted powers in the new plane of existence, combat and thwart the attempts of an ultra powerful alien to cross over and destroy life on earth. The second, set on Earth, is a corporate/political espionage wherein the characters investigate Pacific Virtual and it's relation to the alien entity as well as the exact nature of its research, the location of the missing CEO, the fate of the buried (potentially useful) patents, the source of the economy shattering transactions and many more (as the plot calls for).

What do you think? I've been told it's very Half-Life and I have no problem with that. Half-Life is awesome. I'm not married to the concept, I can tweak it as needed. I'm at the brainstorming stages now and this is the form my vision has taken at the moment. Suggestions would be deece.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Orc in the Playground

Just curious if we ever update the first post in terms of universes that are basically dead.

For example, Camp Half Blood appears to have been dead for about a year and a half.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

17. - Top - End - #887

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Just curious if we ever update the first post in terms of universes that are basically dead.

For example, Camp Half Blood appears to have been dead for about a year and a half.
    I think we should mark that they're dead, but not get rid of them. They're still a good example.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

If anyone wants to update the list, I'll be happy to edit it into the OPs. I agree that living-impaired 'verses should be dropped into a spoiler marked 'Retired' or 'Inactive' rather than simply removed.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #889

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    If anyone wants to update the list, I'll be happy to edit it into the OPs. I agree that living-impaired 'verses should be dropped into a spoiler marked 'Retired' or 'Inactive' rather than simply removed.
    I'll update it. Gimme like a day and I'll PM you the changed list.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #891

Finishing up the updated list!
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Hate to make your job harder for you, but here's yet another; C'nor and I have it up, so anyone interested in an interesting take on superpowers might want to look.
    what shameless promotion what's that
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of joining the Nexus (new to GitP, but not roleplaying).

Once I create a character and jump in, is there any sort of required form I need to fill out? Character info sheet? I don't necessarily want to fill out several pages of bio, rather, I want to have a fun time.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Barbarian in the Playground

Firstly, welcome to the Nexus, should you decide to join!

There is a character form, but filling it out isn't necessary, you can just jump right in.

25. - Top - End - #895

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm thinking of joining the Nexus (new to GitP, but not roleplaying).

Once I create a character and jump in, is there any sort of required form I need to fill out? Character info sheet? I don't necessarily want to fill out several pages of bio, rather, I want to have a fun time.
    If you're interested in the Nexus, I encourage you to check out this thread. Check out the first post, and then post yourself, giving your interest and stuff.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

*points to the two sig links between the smilies* Welcome!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #897

OrcBarbarianGuy

So, I had sort of a weird concept for a semi-guided free-form campaign.

Basically, it's set in the universe of a Nightmare Before Christmas. Players can choose to be the denizens of the various holiday towns after the king of each town mysteriously disappears, leaving the towns to pull themselves together and find new leaders as well as try to discover what happened to the original ones and why they disappeared.

Dunno if there's anything like that right now or if there's anyone interested in such a thing.

Bonus points to people who come up with songs

28. - Top - End - #898

So I have the actual list finished, but um... I realized that before, new games were added because people submitted forms. I don't really have any of the info, just games and their statuses.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

Games and statuses are fine. It's the responsibility of the people playing in a universe to submit the details about their setting, if they want it indexed.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Games and statuses are fine. It's the responsibility of the people playing in a universe to submit the details about their setting, if they want it indexed.
    Kinda made me realise none of the pony FFRPs bothered to submit a form, despite running for little over two years now.