New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

The directory is not mandatory. I stopped using it for my Pc's well over a year ago.

And the Nexus is a separate universe from the MLP games. Except once when Rebonack is involved, but crossovers is a Nexus specialty, so that's understandable.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cynceltri View Post
    As a final question, is it generally preferred to drop off my character bio(s) in the Nexus Character Directory thread first, or can I just jump right in?
    Unless you already have an absolute concrete already-developed idea for your character, I would suggest not putting your character in the Directory just yet. In my experience, my characters change over time and I feel just putting them in there locks them in place too much.

So, I suggest just jumping right in. You can always post your character there later if you get bored.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Cynceltri
    Guest in the Playground

My thanks to you both. I guess the only thing left to do is choose which OC to dust off and throw into the mix! Here's to good times in the near future. :)

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The directory is not mandatory. I stopped using it for my Pc's well over a year ago.

And the Nexus is a separate universe from the MLP games. Except once when Rebonack is involved, but crossovers is a Nexus specialty, so that's understandable.
    The great state of Vermont will not apologize for its ponies!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Is there any particular recruitment system or do I just make myself at home in a random game?
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seven Adventurers of Chamar: Running

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Careless Investigation: Running/Recruiting

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple
    The One Who Took The Cookies From The Cookie Jar

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of the games have an OOC thread. For Nexus, just plop your character in a location, aka thread (sometimes you have to check if it's a private place. Obviously a random person can't waltz into a mercenary HQ). For other games, consult the respective OOC post.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

For the AnimeitPs (BitP and IndexitP) it would be a good idea to check in the OOC first, yeah.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Pixie in the Playground

Greetings ladies, gentlemen, and possible Cthuloid horrors.

So, I was talking to a friend of mine about getting back into play by post roleplaying, and he recommended the FFRP forum here. He doesn't post here any longer (his time is tied up with this fabled thing called 'employment'), but says if the community is still anything like what it was five years ago, I'd fit right in.

As for what sort of roleplay setting I'm after, I'm relatively open-minded, though I tend to steer away from pre-existing fandoms. I guess I value originality, or something like that. I'd hazard a guess that the Nexus is where I want to start out?

Sorry for being yet another needy newbie in want of some guidance...

Thank you in advance for any and all advice.
    Last edited by Bonnie the Cat; 2014-08-23 at 06:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds fine. I haven't been here for five years, but was it anyone we'd know?
    Regardless, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. And speaking of Happy, Happyturtle posted on the last page; check out her sig for the standard New Nexus Advice links.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello LordDeathkeeper,

Sadly, I couldn't tell you his username, or even how actively he posted - only that he followed the OOTS comic pretty closely. Though I can probably find out when I next see him.

Those links look pretty handy to me. Thank you kindly! I'll spend some time reading through.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems like NarutoITP's been dead for... well, quite a while. Is there anyone who participated in it who would like to see it happen again?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Orc in the Playground

So, two questions.

One: Is it necessary or desirable to narrate a character moving through locations if their only aim is to get elsewhere? If I went to Outside from Trog's, would I describe my character moving through Inside?

Two: How do plots work when no GM is involved? I just can't get my head around this, sorry.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

One: Generally not, unless you want to narrate something happening on the journey.

Two: There are several ways to do this.

* No NPCs, so every player simply operates their own character and lets the story build out of the interaction. This is most common with 'social plots' such as romance, friendships, etc.
    * A temporary GM for the plot in question, who will operate the NPCs and the villain(s).
    * PvP, where two or more players are in opposition.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, another question coming your way.

How many characters do you run at once / think people are realistically able to run at once? This is partly curiosity and partly for my own sake, as I have two at the moment.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

15. - Top - End - #1155

You can have as many or as few as you think you can handle and can have fun with. There are some people who have only one or two. Others have dozens that phase in and out whenever appropriate. From what I can tell, though, most people have one to three "main" ones and a handful of others that come and go and come back again (depending on various factors including boredom, slow-moving plots, or having a gimmicky character).

Me, specifically? I have two favorite characters who I play whenever I can, and several other more minor ones who I only play when the opportunity comes up, I have time, and I have a good idea for what to do with them.

So, in conclusion, you can have as many or as few as you want. Just start with the number you have now. If you have time or an idea, add one here or there; if you've lost motivation to playing a character, take it away. Just don't try to do something overly ambitious, like adding two dozen characters at once.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Halfling in the Playground

I have around 8 or ten characters, I think, that are alive. I am using...Aric, Thatcher, Zane, Okami, Marcus, NPC Potato Dragon, Clara Tovell, recently finished a scene with Korwil...6-1/2 of them, but I normally just focus on the ones that pick up scenes easier. Like Okami or Marcus.

My favorite, and oldest, characters are Aric and Zane. However, one slightly died, and the other just doesn't do much, sadly. Thatcher is also a favorite, and he's running a guild now.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157

Really depends on what you feel you can keep up with. Currently, I have six active characters, with possibly one more coming, Still thinking that one over.

I have one character who is dead for good.

I have nine characters on reserve. I might bring them back, but I don't plan to right now.

I also have a group of spirits that are connected to one of my active characters and several of my inactive characters. There are ten spirits, but they're all part of one group, so you could count them as one or ten.

So, I would say to just go with what you feel you can handle. Take it slow, though. Pick a number and stick with that for a while. If you feel like you can add another one, go for it. If you feel like you have too much, make one leave. If you don't like one of your characters anymore, kill them off. It's all up to you, really. As long as you can RP well with what you have, it doesn't matter how many characters you have.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, first time posting on this subforum, but I read the rules and am quite sure I'm doing this right...

I am Dire_Stirge (or just Stirge) and have been posting on this forum for about half a year. So far, I've mostly been spending my time on the Gaming forums, atlthough I visit the OOTS forum from time to time too.

I am a huge fan of OOTS, as well as some other webcomics such as WSWFG. I also enjoy reading Liar Game.

I've taken a look at the various FFRP's around here, and it'd appear that Nexus is the one that fits me best. For my first character I'm interested in some kind of alchemist who ended up in Nexus due to an alchemical experiment gone awry. After learning to not get insane at the sight of a cyborg wookiee ninja fighting an old lady with a psychic feline parasite living in her mind, he set up a small shop. However, there's only so much one can gain by sending people on fetch quests and browsing shops, so the alchemist decided to explore the world in search of ingredients. Combat abilities would be limited, mostly including alchemical projectiles and maybe a little augmented weaponry.

Would something like that be acceptable?
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

19. - Top - End - #1159

Sounds good, Stirge.
    Seems like you have a solid concept.

I'd suggest starting out in Trog's or the Dancing Fox Inn.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's Mallside, if you'd like to do interactions with his customers and such, instead of having that all go on offscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

Hi new person! There are links in my sig, including how to join the unofficial IRC chat channel. New people are always welcome.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey there, Stirge! Welcome to FFRP!

We're a pretty friendly bunch, so feel free to ask us any queries you may have, either via PM or in the aforementioned IRC chat room.

Also, speaking of Mallside - there is currently a small cohort of people wandering around looking for jobs (one of my own characters included). So if you wanted to start out there, then there'd certainly be people to interact with.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    Also, speaking of Mallside - there is currently a small cohort of people wandering around looking for jobs (one of my own characters included). So if you wanted to start out there, then there'd certainly be people to interact with.
    Sounds good. I'll make my first post tomorrow.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hello, I'm Reksew Trebla. I've done ffrp before in other forums, but never here. It's also been awhile since I've done one. I'm thinking it would be easier to join the Nexus than to make my own roleplay here, but I'm not sure what to do, to do so.

Assuming I understand the concept correctly, the Nexus is a multiversal roleplay. If that's the case, I want to use "Alice in Wonderland" themed characters.

My characters would be twin granddaughters of Alice. They visit their grandmother at her home one day, and end up falling down the rabbit hole there. Only there is a problem. Instead of ending up in Wonderland or even Looking-Glass Land, they end up in the Nexus. Furthermore, their outfits resemble a "Joker" Card, just not as ridiculous, and more feminine. Maybe like Harley Quinn from the Arkhamverse, just not as perverted. At various times, they can exhibit a "wild card" feature, and gain similar abilities to a random character from Wonderland or Looking-Glass Land for a limited time.

Now that they are in the Nexus, they have to stick together, and find a way home, while simultaneously fending off the Jaberwock and other creatures that followed them.

At least that's the idea I have so far. Not sure what to do though. Do I just start posting in a Nexus rp?

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, each Nexus thread is a place, as noted by its OP. you may feel free to drop your PCs in a public thread at any point, although you may wish to note that you are looking for interaction, and you should likely include a location tag (the bold line at the top of most of our posts) that you can make up.

26. - Top - End - #1166

happyturtle has the newbie links.

As a tl;dr, Threads are locations, [Location Tags] are really helpful, and plot cloning is acceptable. Godmodding is not acceptable.

The OOC will make your life easier, and check the OP of the OOC for info on how to join the IIRC chat group.

Ninja'd
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-11-08 at 03:37 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

Hi! I'm Happyturtle, and I have the newbie links! Just as Aric said! Jump into IRC anytime - we're always welcome to newcomers, though as a general warning, mornings European time are particularly dead in the IRC chat. Your characters sound just fine.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Pixie in the Playground

Reksew Trebla:

Do you have something in mind for a Wonderland storyline? I have yet to post a character or jump in to FFRP and I was leaning towards CHB but if there's a Jabberwok running amok in Outside, I'd definitely wanna RP that lol
    Thanks to Recaiden for the custom avatar!

It's not so much railroading as an entire rollercoaster made out of murder. (Meridiah)

29. - Top - End - #1169

Quote Originally Posted by LordofPlataea View Post
    Reksew Trebla:

Do you have something in mind for a Wonderland storyline? I have yet to post a character or jump in to FFRP and I was leaning towards CHB but if there's a Jabberwok running amok in Outside, I'd definitely wanna RP that lol
    Sorry to break it to you, but CHB is dead. Very, very dead.

Most of the people that were involved are gone, inactive, or uninterested...
    Feel free to try out the Nexus though.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #1170

So, I want to get into FFRP, and have created a character in Trog's Tavern with an introductory post and all, but I'm wondering what's next. I see so many threads upon threads of different locations with intertwined plots that I have no idea where to go next. Could anybody help a poor newbie?