New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Hi everybody!

I am new to the free form roleplaying. Can someone direct me to a good thread please?

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I was hoping this place had a freeform RP thing! Woo!
    Anyway, is there a thread for people to post their character information?

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KvltKobold View Post
    I was hoping this place had a freeform RP thing! Woo!
    Anyway, is there a thread for people to post their character information?
    Most of the "worlds" here have threads. I believe the largest, the Nexus, is here.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

So. RAIL is still accepting people, as always. Come check it out and see if you want to join; the thread is here. A brief summary of the world is in the first post of that link. Any questions about it are welcome there too, whether relaed to making a character or simply deciding if you want to or not. There's also a slightly outdated description under Inactive Universes in the second post of this thread, if you prefer; the important parts are still accurate.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I've yet to participate in free-form roleplaying, though I'd like to ask ahead if there is a sort of steampunk/dieselpunk thread on here yet?
    Posting will be sporadic as my work schedule has decided to shift suddenly, though I will still keep up with posts and updates as usual.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Right now the main RP's here are based on MLP, some anime, along with the original Nexus setting. The latter of which basically involves any possible setting, sort of like Planescape. You're free to make steampunk stuff there, and I think there are a few places in the world that have that theme, though I don't remember them being in use much besides a small clock-punk themed faction I haven't ever actually used on screen. I can't speak for RAIL since I haven't read any of it.

So no, there isn't a dedicated steampunk thread, but you could do it in some of the broader RP places.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

I hope it's ok asking... How can I know where is a free spot?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

the Nexus always has free spots, since most of the threads without Plots in the name are public stuff. It has an Out Of Character thread as well where you can ask.

As for Dragon Ball-itP, Rail, and the MLP games, they should also have OOC threads where you can ask around. Just Cntrl+F "OOC" and you should find them.
    Note: after a brief check, I don't know if the MLP games' OOC threads are actually called such. I would recommend merely reading each OP to find those, unless I'm just blind.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-11-05 at 03:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hello, and thanks for writing this guide. I've been on RP hiatus for a while as I'm doing my own work, but I do have a question regarding the original post as a whole.

Do you mind if I carbon-copy this guide to use on another forum if I accredit you for the original?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    the Nexus always has free spots, since most of the threads without Plots in the name are public stuff. It has an Out Of Character thread as well where you can ask.

As for Dragon Ball-itP, Rail, and the MLP games, they should also have OOC threads where you can ask around. Just Cntrl+F "OOC" and you should find them.
    Note: after a brief check, I don't know if the MLP games' OOC threads are actually called such. I would recommend merely reading each OP to find those, unless I'm just blind.
    It is still called OOC. Just got buried under all the threads these days. A simply OOC search should yield results.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh, so this is where I look.
    Hi! I have roleplayed before and I'm pretty sure in this format? *loud shrugging*
    ANyway I am mediocre at best but am always willing to improve.
    Writing stories helps with that but .. Well, It's not the best and I'd like to see what I can do.
    Never actually roleplayed HERE so uh, Yeah

I'm lost

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Nexus is the biggest setting here, a sort of inclusive jumble of various genres, and if you check the Nexus OoC thread, you'll find links to the IRC chatroom we use to coordinate stuff. That's generally where I'd advise starting.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-11-23 at 10:11 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Pixie in the Playground

Come, Visit the Temple of Inari!

Foxes, Spiders, and Pokémon: the second-oldest setting still in active use!

We won't steal your soul, we promise!

Just borrow it a bit...

forever and ever...

Oh, look! It's almost the full moon: music, treats, and sake!

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Orc in the Playground

I vote for a change in thread title: Change the 'All' to 'New', or something that will better indicate to newcomers to check it out. The reason why we may not be getting more people in the Nexus (or other FFRPs) might be because . I had to PM HaltTheSlayer tips on how the site works, and they revealed that yes, as this site works a bit differently than others, they got a lot confused about where to go. The first post should also have a mention of the OOC thread. Perhaps, maybe a Chatzy where newcomers can visit to ask questions, should they not want to visit the IRC chat for whatever reason?

On that note, I propose a list of RPers to PM and ask questions on stuff. I can volunteer in that case, there are a lot of things I've had to learn the hard way.

Is it possible to get every new iteration of the Nexus OOC thread stickied, too? This one is fast reaching the page limit, and would also need to be re-stickied in the event of a new thread.

Also, if I started OnePieceITP, who'd be interested? Before I make an interest check thread, I thought I'd ask here. If anyone is interested, we can collaborate to make sure that it sticks this time.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

I honestly don't see how "start here" is unclear in any way, though. The first post of this thread DOES talk about OOC threads, if you look through the spoilered bars. From my three-year experience, this is the rate of new players we have always received.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-11-24 at 02:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Orc in the Playground

I see. Still, surely it wouldn't hurt to make things more accessible to new players?

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Thread titles can't be changed after they've been active for a month, even if it wasn't already self-evident (IMO).
    As for the sticky idea, I can't say if it would be practical, as I am not a mod/admin nor Happy, who would be doing the work. I can at least suggest that the idea of using CNTRL+F to find the OOC threads be brought up, since they can be annoying to find.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Orc in the Playground

I see. I didn't know, I've had little reason to change thread titles, but I knew it could be done. Thank you for clarifying that.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Also, if I started OnePieceITP, who'd be interested? Before I make an interest check thread, I thought I'd ask here. If anyone is interested, we can collaborate to make sure that it sticks this time.
    I'm interested, though I must warn you I'm not up to date. But before that, Hi! I'm new to the Playground, and am pleased to find an FFRP section. Getting back to your interest check, yes, you can put my name down if you're okay with my only being knowledgeable up to the end of the Fishman Island arc.

I'll split off this paragraph to describe a character concept I've been trying to push through the 3.5e/PF chargen system with little success. Basically I want to play a warrior monk who knows a rare and powerful martial art that places him a cut above the rest. If you've watched Rurouni Kenshin, Hiten Mitsurugi-ryuu is exactly the kind of "Black Ship" martial art I'm talking about - not unbeatable, but distinctive in its effectiveness. The difference I'm trying illustrate, simplistic as it may be, is not just that he uses a unique style and happens to be better than most people, but that it's his style that makes him better (which I grant might be an exaggeration, but you get the point). I don't mind introducing someone like that into the One Piece world, or a Steam-/Cyberpunk world, or anywhere that a warrior monk could stand out for his fighting style as much as anything else.

In case nobody wants a guy like that around, I have a number of other characters on roster. I'm an aspiring writer, mostly influenced by animé and manga, so I've collected a number of OCs over the years that for one reason or another couldn't be easily shoehorned into a system. But with freeform all of that goes away, so yay!

And at this point I'm just blowing off hot air, but I'm excited to poke through the various worlds out there and see what I can find. I just thought it would be best if I came here first, even if I talked a lot but said little. Which I probably did. :-3

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Orc in the Playground

Fishman Island, eh? Well, arc-wise, you haven't missed much. Story-wise... you should resume immediately. A hint: Luffy finally faced Donflamingo, and there's more to Trafalgar Law than we first thought.

Still, that might be a while coming, due to the stuff IRL I have to do. Still, I think the Nexus would be perfect for you (either that or DragonBallITP), but then, those two are the only ones I venture into quite regularly, though with DragonBallITP, I'm trying to find time to finish the manga before finalizing Fujitora and Binky (my characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Yatogami Odin View Post
    In case nobody wants a guy like that around, I have a number of other characters on roster. I'm an aspiring writer, mostly influenced by animé and manga, so I've collected a number of OCs over the years that for one reason or another couldn't be easily shoehorned into a system. But with freeform all of that goes away, so yay!
    We are going to be such great friends! :3

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, gīdday everyone...

I never played a post-related roleplaygame before, but Iīm always in for something new.
    I have no special goal in mind in what to do, the setting isnīt that important as long as the community isnīt too serious.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

Nexus is the biggest setting here. The OOC thread should be near the top if you want info, and there's a link to our irc chat if you want to pop in and ask questions.

Uh, trust me, not much seriousness here

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

No, really. We've got every type of character from medieval fantasy to sci-fi greeting one another in taverns, cities, and space stations.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm. How much interest would there be for a collaborative world-building/FFRP exercise in a new sci-fi universe? Always a fan of those, but it looks like the field's a little crowded here at the moment.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Orc in the Playground

Well, here's for promoting another anime itP! Madoka, specifically.

Link is here, for anyone intrigued by the prospect.

It is basically past the story of the canon show, so, spoilers are sort of inherent.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey, I'd like to start up a Horror Anthology forum here, called The Paranoia Factor. As for my first Horror story, it is called The Question of Clones, a Cyberpunk RPG set after WWIII, where the Dictator Simon Trinity created thousands of clones of himself, which have been put in Clone Cities for containment and supervision, and are beginning to mutate and degenerate.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Jaywalker
    Guest in the Playground

I'm new here and have been out of the PbP game for a while but it's just like riding a bike, right? I'd really love to jump right into things again by joining up with any new endeavors or perhaps choosing to ease myself in with a 1 on 1 story or two. I am primarily interested in the high fantasy setting.

Anyone interested in adventuring with me?

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Dwarf in the Playground

d6 Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Howdy!
    I'd like to join the FFRP party however, I'm quite new to the genre. A few years back, I tried it once but I rushed in a dead-end thread without knowing what I was doing.

I've read the rules and ''etiquette'' about FFRP, got a good background in DnD and the rpg genre in general.

I'm looking for a thread with a ''strong'' narrative/ team goal. My favortie game would be with a DM but without books, stats and such: so I figured out an FFRP game with a common ''goal/theme'' could do the job (so yeah, I'll lose the DM, but still :) )

I'm new but eager to learn and have fun!
    Anyone has a free spot? (Ready for anything)
    Last edited by Laharal; 2016-02-12 at 04:23 PM.
    Great avatar made by Tiffanie Lirle
    If you don't see me... you're already dead...
    Toothpick Sneak Attack!!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    You Are A:
    Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Me chaotic? wtf? lol

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, while it sounds like you're looking for something more focused than the Nexus, you could start your own plot within the various threads and general locations we've got going. I've had success doing so. That might be your best bet, unless you're very much into Dragon Ball or MLP. =P
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Dwarf in the Playground

As long as I can have a goal and fun, I'm ready to go.I'd rather join current threads to get the hang of it and get to know people. Should I join the ones you mentionned or maybe risk it in Nexus if I ajust my expectations? Thanks for your input btw. I'm interested in PbP but not sure where/ how to start.
    Last edited by Laharal; 2016-02-12 at 09:39 PM.