New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Nixie)

This might be the best picture ever.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: more characters)

Character art! I'd been intending to do the two newest members of the Carrion Crown campaign I'm working on, and after a lot of putting off (in favour of drawing actual creatures) here they are: Cincinattus the oracle of battle and Metheriel the elven conjurer. We picked up the oracle when we were burying our barbarian. He seemed strong enough.

Cincinnatus and my character don't get along. He's a jerky jerk.

I'm in the Player Registry.

COMMISSIONS -- open; PM me for prices and details. Payments done via Paypal.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: The Party)

100,000 views on the blog and a special gushy thank you to everyone written in detail there. Have made a picture of the 3.5 party, featuring the classic four-party classes. Here are Jozan the cleric, Tordek the fighter, Lidda the rogue and Mialee the wizard.

I'm gonna be having a guest week soon, once I get all my bits of art together from the others artists. Should be quite neat.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Those faces. Especially Lidda.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Those faces. Especially Lidda.
    Quite fond of Lidda's face, but I think Tordek's my favourite. They both looked a bit better in my sketchbook, but they always do.

Anyway, also did a Siege Crab for last "Sunday", which is a gangantuan crab hollowed out by kuo-toa (or sahaugin, or whatever other evil sea-dwelling race you've got) to be used as some horrible half-living Frankenstein tank. I've been quite pleased with the positive response to it over at the blog.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Elder Brain)

Did an Elder Brain. If you guys can't tell, I've got a job again now, which means that I'm being a bit staggered when it comes to actually putting stuff up on time (this was supposed to be last week's monster).

But next week's gonna be a guest week! Which is gonna have all sortsa things that make me look really bad by comparison. Includes one internet famous person! (Wowzers!)

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Guest week)

So this week's been a guest week for Dungeons and Drawings. Lotsa neat pictures that make me look bad and mean I have to try harder. Also at least one creature that I wanted to do but couldn't refuse to a guest when they requested it because that's just rude.

It's made for a good week off. Well, relatively. I still have a lot of other work to do.

Anyway, here's the creatures and who drew them.

Mind Flayer by Antoine Porcheron
    Forsaken Shell by Tony Comley
    Sahuagin by Chris Cox
    Death Night by Cristian Ortiz Martínez
    Manscorpion by Oliver Cuthbertson
    Gravorg by Emmie Bednall
    Nycter by Katie Tiedrich

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Crypt Chanter and Arcane Ooze)

My own images now. I did a Crypt Chanter and an Arcane Ooze.

You know what's something I don't like? When I spend forever and ever in my sketchbook and in photoshop trying to design and lay out a particular monster and just can't get in right, then you just give up on in to do another monster and you knock out a satisfying image in five hours. It's a little bit frustrating.

It's what happened with the Crypt Chanter, where I was originally trying to draw a hopping vampire but just couldn't get it to look right on the page. I didn't want to be late again so I drew a group of singing wraiths. It took me about three hours from start to finish. I'd been working on the hopping vampire for at least three days. Them's the breaks.

I set out doing the Arcane Ooze as a bit of a challenge to myself. Becuase while oozes are easy to draw, they're hard to design. There's only so many different ways you can draw a blob. And to just do a blo and change the colour seemed a little bit lazy.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

That's one unlucky mage. Does he only face magic-eating monsters?

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Devourer)

Man, I think this website's stopped sending me me alerts when somebody else makes a post.

Anyway. Did a Devourer. I'm not terribly happy with the way it came out (it looked better in my thumbnails), but others seem to like it.

Tomorrow I'll be at the London MCM Expo, in the artist's alley, table I8. Rrrright next to a main road, so that's really good.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Colossus in the Playground

Lots of very cool stuff, Exit I particularly like that Siege Crab picture, but I have a thing for Middle/South American-style art.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Medusa and Myconic)

Didn't put an update post last week here due to me not knowing whether it would be considered NSFW or not. At any rate, there's nipples. Simplified, abstacted nipples. It was a medusa what I dids there.

This week's image was a group of myconids and every time I look at them I get really hungry because I love mushrooms, both ascetically and culinarily.

The MCM Expo went well. One of you actually recognized me from the internet, which is very very pleasing. I think she gave me her forum name, but I can't remember it (I remember the real-world name, but that's not for you to know). I hope you're enjoying your derptastic hippogriff.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Totally not phallic.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Totally not phallic.
    I swear I'll be like 95% done with an image, then look at it and go "...crap".

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Zelekhut, Brain Mole, Eyeball Beholderkin, Bogun

This is the biggest lapse in my cross-posting responsibilities ever. Some of you must've thought I'd just quite, but I just have a month's worth of stuff that I'd forgotten to post here (for a month). I've just been very tired lately.

So the monsters I've drawns are the Zelekhut (centaur terminator of justice), Brain Mole (psychic-killing mole), Eyeball Beholderkin (itty bitty beholder) and Bogun (homunculus for druids).

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zelekhut, Brain Mole, Eyeball Beholderkin, Bogun

Surprisingly to no-one, Beholderkin is my favorite here.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Aoa, Behir, Conflagration Ooze

Last week was a week almost entirely dedicated to making up for all the lost weeks on the blog and preparing a buffer. Specifically, preparing my images for next month, which will mark the two-year anniversary of Dungeons and Drawings. Last year we did Dragon Month, which, as you doubtless remember, ended up being a bit longer than that because we couldn't get our act together. Being a bit more organized this year.

So I've got three images for you this week, making up for all the previous missed weeks.

We've got the Aoa, a giant mercurial magic-eating blob born when the Positive and Negative Energy Planes touch at the edges. They eat magic.

There's the Behir, a classic of D&D, being a giant lightning-spitting purple snake that really really hates dragons. Went for a simplistic style with that one.

And the Conflagration Ooze, which follows on the simple style of the Behir. Yet another huge thing, albeit this one being a sentient blob made out of poisoned fire and malice.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Bugbear in the Playground

I rather like the minimalist tribal art style you went for with the behir and conflagration ooze. Indeed, considering the behir is originally from Scottish mythology, the reminiscence to Celtic circle art is even more apt.
    LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Dark Creeper, Fharnlaghn, Boccob)

So my last image was the Dark Creeper, which I'm not very happy about. Some have been quite nice at saying that they like it, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it and am glad to relegate it to the bleh pile.

On a more pleased note, this month marks the two-year anniversary of Dungeons and Drawings. And we'll be doing a specific type of subject for this whole month. God Month! We'll be doing different gods of the D&D pantheon for the whole of this month. And I say "we" because Joe will be joining in on this. Remember Joe? Well he decided he wanted in on this anniversary goodness so you's guys is gonna have twice the amount of images this month than usual.

I did Fharlanghn, he-whose-name-is-annoying-to-spell, the god of travellers, while Joe did Boccob, the god of magic. Originally I wanted to do Boccob, but it's his favourite D&D god so I bowed out and let him work his magic.

Last edited by Exit; 2012-08-06 at 05:04 AM.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Firbolg in the Playground

Holy crap. Your art is like, one part SJ with a little bit of Wind Waker to taste. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Azul, Gruumsh)

We're continuing God Month over at the blog. We've got ourselves two new fellas: Azul the Lord of Rain (from the Sandstorm setting) and Gruumsh the One-Eyed God (from forever).

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Raven Queen, Vecna, Ehlonna, Moradin)

God Month is done now. The last four gods were the Raven Queen and Ehlonna on my side, and Vecna and Moradin on Joe's side. Thus ends our celebration of two years of the blog. I hope y'all enjoyed it. And now we're back to our regular not-really-themed form of updating.

Last edited by Exit; 2012-09-05 at 09:05 AM.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: many)

Ehhhh, I'm sucking quite a bit at putting news up here.

So Joe's officially rejoined the blog now, so we have twice as much art as in the past year.

From me you've got the Elysian Thrush, a Fire Mephit, a Giant Banded Lizard, a Hippogriff (which is animated!) and Ixitxachitl.

On Joe's side you've got a Rogue Eidolon, an Ogre Mage, a Tarrasque, a Pit Fiend and a Bhut.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Excellent stuff, the striped lizard is especially adorable!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Jahi, Lumi, Kelpie, Balhannoth))

More stuff this week. From my end you've got the Jahi (NSFW), a spirit that makes people give into hedonistic desire, and the Kelpie, a sinister water horse of Celtic mythology. On Joe's end, there's the Lumi, a humorless, neckless being of light, and the Balhannoth, because sometimes you hate your players.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Colossus in the Playground

Wooooow. That Jahi... I didn't get it at first (I thought one of the eyes was the creature), but when I did... wow. And that Kelpie is beautiful

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

More monsters from me and from Joe.

From me:
    Lodestone Marauder: a magnetic war beast. The image is made from tinfoil since my computer was busted that week.
    Mummy: A dessicated corpse that will turn YOU into a dessicated corpse, my Halloween image. Tried to go in a slightly different direction with the mummy thing, since other societies used mummification (though the Monster Manual does mention evil desert gods, so it's pretty clear that it's supposed to be an Egypt thing).
    Needlefolk: Thistle people that really really hate elves for some reason. They also sleep during the winter.
    Ocean Strider: Huge orca-people that want you to get out of their ocean. Or else.

From Joe:
    Leviathan: literally a giant whale that for some reason is classified as a Magical Beast.
    Morgh: a horrible gooey thing made from the soul of a mass murderer, Joe's Halloween image. For the longest time I was wondering why a skeleton would form a weird worm, but it turns out that it's a weird worm that takes over corpses.
    Nimblewright: a construct made for impersonating people and assassinations. Also it's intelligent, so make sure it doesn't turn on you, Skynet style.
    Ormyrr: Big slug-worm things that are really into magic, but are for some reason completely unable to perform any. The image is really cute, so look at it.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Primasaurus and Phase Spider)

An attempt to make regular updates on here again. My image for the week is the Prismasaurus, which is an epic-level rainbow dinosaur. Beware of the rainbow dinosaurs. Joe's image is the Phase Spider, who seems unhappy with its state of being.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Quasit, Retriever, Salamander)

More monsters. I can't stop myself from making horrifying things cute. Things in the blog are tagged by CR now too.

Me:
    Quasit, an itty bitty little demon. In my case, an evil lamprey pickle thing.
    Retriever, technically a construct crafted by demons rather than a demon in its own right. You still don't want to be hunted by it or be at the wrong end of its eye beams.
    Salamander, a flaming serpent from the Elemental Plane of Fire. Don't let them big cute watery eyes fool you, it will burn you up.

Joe:
    Quell, a ghostly thing that hates gods and can sever divine casters from their source. Just try to cast cure light wounds or turn them now.
    Rot Reaver, a big gorilla thing with two tongues that reeeeaaaally likes the taste of putrid flesh.
    Shrieking Terror, literally a giant flying starfish hydra thing. I like to think of it as flying like one of those whirly sycamore seed pods.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Quasit, Retriever, Salamander)

Quote Originally Posted by Exit View Post
    I can't stop myself from making horrifying things cute.
    That's a good description of the blog as a whole.

Spoiler
    Show