New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Nixie)

I was just thinking about this thread, and how much I hope you keep doing it...
    EEEEEEEEeeee dragons!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Black Dragon)

Okay! Time for another week's worth of dragons (which comes super late). I did a Black Dragon, that classic malevolent ball of hate. My partner went for something a little bit more obscure with the Sunwyrm, a sun-like creature with Sleipnir-ish anatomy.

I think somebody is this thread already pointed out the influence I draw from masks. I've also done a little more work on the Green Dragon, so it should look better than it did last week.

Last edited by Exit; 2011-08-16 at 02:45 AM.
    I'm in the Player Registry.

COMMISSIONS -- open; PM me for prices and details. Payments done via Paypal.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Dat face. Very cool.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Yu Lung)

Man, we've been pretty crummy lately as keeping the blog up. Anyway, we're still going with Dragon "Month" which is turning out to be Dragon Four-Weeks-With-A-Lot-Of-Time-In-Between.

I did the Yu Lung this time, also known as a Carp Dragon. The Oriental Adventures setting is really growing on me. The dragons are pretty interesting. There's about ten different kinds of dragon (known as Lungs), but they all come from the same baby form. Up until juvenile, all Lung dragons have a weird larval stage until they suddenly change. Kind of how like with the old digimon toys you'd get the round thing and you could either en up with an awesome dinosaur or a poopy slug.

Joe decided not to focus on a specific breed of dragon, going instead for some of the dragon-only prestige classes available in the Draconomicon. He chose the Hidecarved Dragon, dragons who beef up their resistances by ripping up their scales in cool patterns.

Next post will be the last in the Dragon "Month".

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

How can you not love that derpy face?

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Tiamat)

Soooooo you guys.

Sorry about the being late. By a whole month. Wowsers.

Anyway, huge apologies and excuses written on the same page as my Tiamat drawing. Joe did Bahamut. We really went in a bit of a crazy direction with these (especially Bahamut), but that's really the whole point of Dungeons and Drawings, isn't it.

This officially concludes Dragon "month", which I hoped you enjoyed. I've returned to doing polls to determine next week's creature, so go cast your vote.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Hybsil)

Results of last week's poll determined that the character was male and a member of a small, shunned race. Therefore, the creature for the week is a Hybsil who goes by the name of Buck.

This marks the beginning of Buck's story. Using the polls, you will decide what path Buck takes as he enters life as an adventurer. This week, you'll help determine what class he is, and who he's been taking his training from. So go and vote and help further Buck's story.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

8. - Top - End - #188

Awwww, he's adorable 83

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Celestial Fire Beetle)

First of all, Dungeons and Drawings now has an official facebook page. Meaning that those of you who don't come to these forums that often or don't really used blogger very much can now follow that page for updates as they come.

Secondly, the winner of the poll to determine Buck's class was arcane savant. You are now Buck, Hybsil sorcerer! One of your most useful spells is summon monster I, which you use to call your trustworthy celestial fire beetle.

You've completed the very basics of your training and you're almost ready to go out into the world and face adventure. But first, your tribe has to give you a test, to prove your worth to go leave the safety of your native land. But which test will you take? Go vote on the new poll to determine the next part of Buck's story!

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Hell yeah, more cute insects.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Con)

Hey y'all. As you can tell, the image is a bit late this week. Could it be because I've been kidnapped by ghosts, or a simple case of artist's block? Well, no ghost is gonna stop me from going to the London Comic Con this Saturday! And I don't see why it should stop you from voting on our super spooky Dungeons & Drawings halloween poll. Pick your favorite horror subgenre!

Joe and I will be there this Saturday and Sunday, under the label of Omnipathy comics. If any of you guys out there are from London or near London, come on over to buy Dungeons & Drawings stickers and cards, as well as Joe's 100% original comic book Omnipathy #1.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Rat Swarm and Will O Wisp)

Slowwwwly making my way through my backlog of monsters of the past... three weeks. The first two are the answers to the poll questions: Buck's test and subgenre of horror. So here's are my responses, the first is Will O Wisp (test of courage) and the next is the Rat Swarm (psychological horror).

Next couple of monsters will be my choice, to make things go faster until I'm all caught up.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Gnome)

For the next coupla weeks I'm gonna take a break from the Buck Story to do character portraits of my Carrion Crown group. This is technically Pathfinder and not D&D but the two things are so dang similar it may as well count.

We've got six players in our group, and I've done two portraits so far. The first is, of course, mine: Spackle Thrush the super playful gnome juggler/comedian. She's probably one of the most fun characters I've ever play ever ever and the most useful outside a combat situation. I'm literally building her so she can do diddly squat when it comes to hitting things, preferring to go about stopping conflict with friendship and smiles (or the Oppressive Boredom spell because Ultimate Magic inserted a ton of super funny spells).

The second character is the team archer/tracker, a dhampir (i.e. a half vampite), Cassimara Raventhorn. Extra little funny tidbit on her because the team cleric has built his character around being an undead slayer, didn't notice that our ranger is half-vampire until the third session, and now has to give her a warning so she can avoid his super optimized channel ability.

Did I mention this is a horror/mystery campaign?
    Last edited by Exit; 2011-11-21 at 05:07 AM.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Dhampyr, Half-Orc)

My fellows in the Carrion Crown game are playing saw my Spackle pic, so now I'm doing character portraits for the whole team. So far (including Spackle) I've done half the team, which include our Dhampir archer/note-taker and half-orc Paladin of Iomedae.

This week I also have a guest image, done by Tara Helfer, the head of the 72 Demons project that I'll be doing one image for. She's done a really really rad Owlbear.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Tiefling rogue and human cleric)

I'm almost done with doing all the players in the group. This time I did a double one with this, drawing both the team cleric and rogue. Our cleric recently left us, which means battles are gonna go a bit more slowly since he'd pretty much optimized himself to destroy undead.

Last edited by Exit; 2011-12-06 at 05:09 AM.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Wraith)

This particular image functions as both a monster drawing and a character portrait. Meet the former Tark Skullcutter, our party's barbarian, who met his unfotunate end at the incorporeal claws of a wraith. Then he met a second end by our hands and holy water when he came back to life as a hideous undead shade.

He has been buried in the cementery of the temple of Iomedae is Lepistadt.

And that's how we found out how super dangerous wraiths are.

This is the last of the character portraits for a while, which means I now get to go back to actually drawing monsters. Remember that?

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

these are amazing i wish i had the patience and attention to do multi-session art :<

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Demilich)

Meeeeeerry Christmas folks. I wanted a break from this, so this year's Christmas drawing was brought to you by Adam Vian of Super Flash Bros, who has given us the Gaspar (which was one of those unfortunate monsters who looks really silly in the manuals but we made it work). You may remember him from previous guest spots such as the Crypt Thing and the Glaistig.

Also last week I did a Demilich. One of the commenters on there said it was the Ed Hardy of the undead, and I think that's the most apt description in the world.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: lots)

Man I haven't posted here in forrrevvvs. So. That's three new drawings on the site which I totally neglected to link to here.

(BTW Happy New Year)

We've got the Bacchae (by Joe Sparrow, former partner in crime) for the New Year, then two by me: the Satyr and the Knell Beetle.

Knell Beetles are silly.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Clockwork Mender)

Been busy these last coupla weeks with various things. This included me going around dropping off showreels to various studios. Still trying to work up the courage to send a portfolio to Paizo and Wizards.

Last edited by Exit; 2012-02-01 at 04:13 AM.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

21. - Top - End - #201

I really think you should

...what the heck is that thing?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

A construct from Mechanus, obviously! You can also click it for a link to the blog.

I like the beetles. Even if not all of them are technically beetles.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Disenchanter)

Yeah, the "beetle" in knell beetle is quite a loose term, considering their description in the book just screams crustacean to me.

Did a Disenchanter this week, another creature designed to correct your mistake of letting the party get a little too powerful. It seems like every other monster I come across now is something a wizard made and then lost control of. To the point where I've made a tag for it now.

This is the first background I've done since forever ago. The last background I drew was for the Black Dragon, which wasn't that good to begin with.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

The wizard amuses me.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Hybsil)

[/QUOTE]

Nice piece
    Jeff

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

I do like Pathfinder's art for the disenchanter, but there's a nice, amusing yet menacing quality to the one you've drawn.

Good work.
    LGBTitP

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    I do like Pathfinder's art for the disenchanter, but there's a nice, amusing yet menacing quality to the one you've drawn.

Good work.
    All my art has an amusing quality. I do like the Pathfinder disenchanter too, especially the part where it's a weaker monster so you stand a chance of doing okay against it.

Anyway, this is the Abeil, my creature for the week and also my 3d modelling practice. I wanted to make something quite low-poly under the illusion that it would be easier to rig. Well, I don't know if it was any easier to rig, but it was stupid and frustrating and when I was mostly done I figured out that maybe I could've done it another less stupid and frustrating way. Make mistakes and learn, I guess.

I decided to do a little research on bees as well, because sometimes I do things like that. On conclusion of said research, I was quite disappointed that Wizards didn't exploit the horrors of real bee society.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Ice Serpent)

Here's the Ice Serpent, a creature of the world of Faerūn. It's really nice and interesting to draw a snake that's 100% constricting rather than the venomous kind, and I enjoyed the challenge of trying to find a way to communicate that (coils, coils everywhere).

This particular beast kills you by squeezing the life-heat out of you and absorbing it into itself. Supposedly it's invisible (according to the book's flavour text), but it doesn't seem to have that taken into account in its stats.

I was originally going for a Mignola look with this, but that devolved quite quickly into my usualy cutesiness. Because that's the way I roll.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Drow and Chronotyryn)

I'm not dead!

I've just been working for the past few weeks and boy does drawing all day tire me out. Now I'm back to having some free time, so I'm trying to catch up with my many missing weeks of Dungeons and Drawings.

So here's two creatures for you: the drow and the chronotyryn.

I don't think I have to explain drow to you guys, but I'll give you a sentence. Evil elves with black skin that have a spider fetish.

The chronotyryn is something a bit more interesting, unusual and hasn't really saturated fantasy gaming culture the way drow have (and didn't make it's way in 4E even though it's an interesting concept). Essentially, it's a really big, highly intelligent bird with adamantine feathers and a double brain and voice box. They have dangerous magical powers, and a good amount of time-related spell-like abilities.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dungeons and Drawings art stuff (new: Dire Weasel)

I... I think I might actually be caught up now you guys. What a strange sensation.

Here's a dire weasel, because despite what feels like a really absurd concept, they're really cool.

Next coupla drawings might be more character portraits from my Carrion Crown game.

Blogs:
    Dungeons and Drawings
    Escape Complex (website)