New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 (WW Variant)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzylover55 View Post
    You cut out context, changing the meaning! (#゚Д゚)
    Removing the last line doesn't change the first ones. You agreed to a statement that included lynching whoever made a killing vote.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Banned

For the purposes of ending this discussion, a new rule is now in place:

Any posts you quote, you must quote in their entirety, regardless of length.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    For the purposes of ending this discussion, a new rule is now in place:

Any posts you quote, you must quote in their entirety, regardless of length.
    I'm assuming we can still highlight stuff (and probably add reference numbers); otherwise it's going to be a nightmare to nitpick some of these.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

That is fine. You can't alter posts (but that was already an obviously bad idea), and you can't cut them short, but you can highlight and give post numbers and such.

5. - Top - End - #125
    dizzylover55
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Removing the last line doesn't change the first ones. You agreed to a statement that included lynching whoever made a killing vote.
    Actually I agreed that Sotek was a good vote target. My post was not super specific, but don't tell me what I did and did not agree with. By changing my post you tried to make it look like I agreed to something else, and now you are doing it again. I am pretty happy with my vote.

@Milski: There is no reason for that rule. Scum like to misquote people, but there's a record of it and then we have evidence against them. ( ゚ヮ゚)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Banned

Fine, no rule, whatever.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll switch to dizzylover55. I agree that we should get a lynch in, and dizzylover hasn't been defending himself so well. (And I'm not allowed to cross out my last vote, right?)
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

By my count, that means Tydude just lynched Dizzy, cutting today's discussion short.

Dizzylover is Dead.

Night 1 has begun.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm actually not sure why we're still talking about this. You gave a vague agreement to a statement and have since clarified what you meant. The only remaining issue is that I only quoted the part that bothered me rather than restating the entire post, which wouldn't have clarified anything if I had. (You'll notice I had to requote it again and highlight the problem part anyway, just so people would follow my train of thought.)

...Well. I guess that's settled.
    Weird to be ninja'd by the death of the person I'm arguing with.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Banned

Also: You can talk during the night, but you cannot give any kind of information out; you can say "Jeez, why did we lynch him so fast while we still had almost two days to discuss things" or "Good thing he's dead" but not "I'm priest, protect me!" or "I'm spy: Blah blah blah here are the guys."

Anybody doing any of that sort of thing will be instagibbed, regardless of the truth of the information.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

(You really should have specified that beforehand.)
    Is this just with regard to roleclaim, or does it also affect possible next-day targets? (Like "I don't think [player] is trustworthy, and here's why)?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

There is no reason for town to post during night at all, really. All it possibly does is help the witches pick out targets. I suggest everyone just stay silent and good until the next day, and carefully consider their next targets.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Tydude...unless we're provided with a good reason to I'm probably going to have to agree with Dragonchild and move to lynch you as soon as we're allowed. Considering the amount of time we had left to discuss things I can't see any good reason for you suddenly making that decision.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

(You really should have specified that beforehand.)
    Is this just with regard to roleclaim, or does it also affect possible next-day targets? (Like "I don't think [player] is trustworthy, and here's why)?
    I'm going to say that anything that gives info about potential targets for GA or witches is disallowed on principle, though really, it's near strictly anti-town to post reads and such anyway because, y'know, the town can't actually do anything at this point; a detailed D1 analysis, posted at night, gives no benefit it wouldn't give posted on D2 during the day.

While it would have been helpful to specify beforehand, it is not exactly something that matters until night one, and since that was the first post in night one (besides your "he's dead" post, which didn't break the rules, really), it didn't matter.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2010-09-03 at 05:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

...I wish Dragon_Child's ninjaing post had shown up before I posted.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Banned

Since I didn't clarify, I'm not going to punish you for that post, but yeah, stuff like that probably shouldn't be said.

Everybody was aware that the day ended as soon as a lynch hit, right? I hope that was clear.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

I at least usually try to use the night to get a jumpstart on the day; starting the day with an idea for the lynch saves some time and helps prevent last-minute too-little-too-late arguments.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Banned

I at least usually try to use the night to get a jumpstart on the day; starting the day with an idea for the lynch saves some time and helps prevent last-minute too-little-too-late arguments.
    If you guys didn't end the day with over 30 hours left in it, I could see the point of this argument, but since any day without a clear vote can be extended and days instantly end on consensus anyway, I really don't see why that matters to this game. There's not exactly any way to cut the day short, besides lynching incredibly early.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2010-09-03 at 05:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, I would respond to Ramsus about my vote, but I won't because I'm not supposed to say anything during the night. So, as soon as the day starts, I'll respond to you.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

...Geez, why did we lynch him so fast while we still had almost two days to discuss things? Time to go stew and plot for a day (night is 24 hours, yes?) about how fast things went.

Also, I'm so sorry I wasn't around earlier today to take my vote off, dizzy.

None of this breaks night-talk rules, right?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I'll switch to dizzylover55. I agree that we should get a lynch in, and dizzylover hasn't been defending himself so well. (And I'm not allowed to cross out my last vote, right?)
    We're not allowed to cross out last votes? Oops, if Milskidasith confirms this, I'm sorry. Won't happen anymore if its indeed the case, though that may make tallying confusing and result in a mistake.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

... wow, I typed up a response to a post but uh, whoops, I see a lynch happened while I was not here.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    ... wow, I typed up a response to a post but uh, whoops, I see a lynch happened while I was not here.
    Damn tragic. I was expecting a bit more exhilaration at my first lynching, but this felt too rushed.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi View Post
    We're not allowed to cross out last votes? Oops, if Milskidasith confirms this, I'm sorry. Won't happen anymore if its indeed the case, though that may make tallying confusing and result in a mistake.
    It's not confusing. You remove somebody and put them on who they changed their vote to. Making your votes say "Change vote to X" would make it a tad easier, though.

I'll have a complete summary of the game when it ends, with my views on people's play (mostly major plays, I'm not giving everybody an in depth dissection and you might not all wind up actually even being mentioned).

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    Relative to other versions of this game I've been involved in, this is seriously slow. I believe last game's D1 lasted... three days? And it got over 1k posts, with a really obvious WW having been revealed, one player dropping unsubtle but un-picked up hints he was the wizard, and some serious finger pointing going on towards others.
    Over here on these boards gameplay tends to be much slower. People are used to make one long post every 24-48 hours per game. Just giving you a heads up so you don't get disappointed.

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

DAY 2

Today's Soundtrack

"I'm gonna test out my stabbin knife!" shouted Roberto as he burst through the door.

Roberto runs up, stabs Ghanz Nmi multiple times in the chest, then jumps out the window.

"Why is he even in this fantasy?" asked Ghanz as his What If self bled out on the floor.

"Shh! I'm trying to watch!" Sotek whispered harshly.

"Yeah, this show's just getting good!" said Eternal Drifter.

The professor snored in his recliner as the What If selves began to discuss what to do for the new day.

Ghanz Nmi is dead. Day deadline is two days from now, so 11 AM central time on monday.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2010-09-04 at 11:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

On one hand, that was a really early lynch.

On the other hand, dizzy was being extremely suspicious and I probably would have voted to kill them anyway.

As of now, I am torn. Our best bet is probably to go after someone who's not posting much.

28. - Top - End - #148
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Vote Tydude. You gotta explain that vote. Hammering dizzylover while she's in the middle of a discussion, before she roleclaimed (or affirmatively said she was not going to roleclaim)....that is super sketchy, man.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Tydude, because KILL - HURT - MAIM.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well dang it. Dizzy, I'm really sorry. It was a stupid, stupid mistake on my part. I hadn't seen dragon_child's most recent vote, and so I thought I was the eighth. I was just trying to apply more pressure to Dizzy so that she would attempt to role claim or something. I didn't have much to say on the discussion, and with Milskidasith urging people to do more than just vote post, I felt like I should do something. I didn't trust the judge since he was just as blind as us, so I really felt like I needed to continue to pressure Dizzy. On the plus side, Dizzy was pretty suspicious. Now that I know she was already at eight votes I'm surprised she hadn't role claimed. Even though she might have gotten eaten by the wolf, I would have expected her to do that; unless she's a witch. But, I shall restrain my vote for now. Vote for me if you wish, but I am a villager who just made a mistake. And Dizzy, if you aren't a witch, I'm sorry.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)