New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Witchunt V1.0 (WW Variant)

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Sotek, you're probably unaware of this forum's rich history of killing people who make in-game lists of any kind. I think they do it because it worked the first time.
    I think it's because Fleeing Coward has made a bunch of late-game lists as a wolf and misled the villagers utterly. And then it worked as a lynch reason in some game.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Sotek, you're probably unaware of this forum's rich history of killing people who make in-game lists of any kind. I think they do it because it worked the first time.
    Lists, especially lists with solid logic against a limited number of suspects is usually completely acceptable.
    Unless I'm doing it in which case I'm just leading sheep to the slaughter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I think it's because Fleeing Coward has made a bunch of late-game lists as a wolf and misled the villagers utterly. And then it worked as a lynch reason in some game.
    And I was one of those whom he decieved in my first game. Needless to say, I now trust Murska more than Fleeing Coward.
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'm only aware of the one where Thufir made a list of suspects, they lynched him for it, and it turned out he was a wolf. And where I made a couple of lists and nearly got myself killed.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    And I was one of those whom he decieved in my first game. Needless to say, I now trust Murska more than Fleeing Coward.
    I never deceived you with a list. That was my seer trick
    Most of my wolf lists are ancient history and I havn't used them mich recently
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

To be fair, I'm pretty sure it will be extremely obvious if Sotek posts a fake list, and if he does, we then lynch him. However, I doubt he'll be that stupid.

Right now, I still have no strong opinion on who needs pressured. I'm going to withhold for a little bit.

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Child View Post
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure it will be extremely obvious if Sotek posts a fake list, and if he does, we then lynch him. However, I doubt he'll be that stupid.

Right now, I still have no strong opinion on who needs pressured. I'm going to withhold for a little bit.
    It's not so much a fake list as it's just human nature not to lynch someone who's doing something useful. Which is why I'm wondering if he's only doing it to avoid getting lynched
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Could not the same be said of all actions?

9. - Top - End - #189

In a sense but from experience it is alot more noticable that the person who keeps an up-to-date list of current votes has always been the least likely person to get lynched randomly which is why I'm bringing this up. While it doesn't directly incriminate Sotek in any way, it is something that I keep an eye out for.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    It's not so much a fake list as it's just human nature not to lynch someone who's doing something useful. Which is why I'm wondering if he's only doing it to avoid getting lynched
    The games I've been in, I've found had a tendency to devolve into idiocy in the endgame, and I obviously attribute that to the lack of my list-providing, and of course I want to avoid a descent into idiocy, because those are painful to watch.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to vote for Fleeing Coward because i think keeping lists is pro-town, and people who are trying to eliminate information are always wolfish to me. Every bit of information out there about voting patterns, even if it's fake or misleading, helps the villagers. And what Sotek's doing can't be fake since it's just a running tally.

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

12. - Top - End - #192

I'll throw out a point on InaVegt, he's posted some times but hasn't actually said much.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

Vote list:

Tydude: 2 (CitizenFry, InternetFlea)
    Mordokai: 6 (Murska, Aemoh, Tydude, Ramsus, Eternal Drifter, InaVegt)
    Sotek: 1 (Fleeing Coward)
    Murska: 1 (Mordokai)
    InaVegt: 1 (Istari)
    Fleeing Coward: 1 (Lostlittlebear)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    I'll throw out a point on InaVegt, he's posted some times but hasn't actually said much.
    What's your stance on the bandwagon that Mordokai seems to be picking up here?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    (Pronoun corrected) I'll throw out a point on InaVegt, she's posted some times but hasn't actually said much.
    That's because I don't see much to say, I'm still analyzing the rules and such.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InaVegt View Post
    That's because I don't see much to say, I'm still analyzing the rules and such.
    If you have any rule questions, just shoot me a PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    If you have any rule questions, just shoot me a PM.
    Don't have questions at the moment, just doing mathemagic on the rules.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    You little creep. Is there anybody I could have voted for at that point that would not make me look suspicious? Or are you actually hell bent on just seeing me dead for no good reason whatsoever?

Murska, just for his reasons being sketchy as hell if nothing else. I'd say more, if I weren't off to work.
    Mordokai pointed at somebody with only one vote, with no explanation. I'm still not seeing an explanation, just a weak argument of "Murska must be out to get me."
    I'm going to remove my vote against Tydude and make an unofficial point at Mordokai, which I'll change to an official vote at roughly midnight GMT -7 unless a good explanation is forthcoming.

19. - Top - End - #199
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, was playing D&D most of the day.

You little creep. Is there anybody I could have voted for at that point that would not make me look suspicious? Or are you actually hell bent on just seeing me dead for no good reason whatsoever?

Murska, just for his reasons being sketchy as hell if nothing else. I'd say more, if I weren't off to work.
    1) Late vote on a stray target...what? Makes no sense
    2) Super defensive (calling someone a creep?) when called on it

Since there are already quite a few votes, and I don't want a repeat of day one's "oops didn't know I was finishing him off" I'm going to make this a time-released vote, taking effect at the deadline: Mordokai. Ball's in your court, speak up or don't.

20. - Top - End - #200
    CitizenFry
    Guest in the Playground

EBWOP: not really satisfied with Tydude's explanation, and am honestly surprised people are letting it slide. If we get something compelling out of Mordokai, I think we should go back to Tydude.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

After giving it some thought, I think I'll have to agree with Citizen Fry. He seems to have the right idea, and those two were pinging my suspiciometer.

Vote for Mordokai that only takes effect at the deadline.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    EBWOP: not really satisfied with Tydude's explanation, and am honestly surprised people are letting it slide. If we get something compelling out of Mordokai, I think we should go back to Tydude.
    Not sure what EBWOP means, but I agree; I'm only removing my vote from Tydude to try to give my unofficial point more weight.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

EBWOP means Edit By Way Of Post.

24. - Top - End - #204

I think this morkokai bandwagon might have grown a bit to fast, might have had some wolf pushers.

Just something to think about

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Remember that the werewolf is one guy, and the witches are many. I see a lot of people using wolf plural, to kinda confuse things up. "Scum" might be a better term to indicate both WW and witch.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, but this a deja-vu indeed... congratulations Murska, you did it again. Make it a three times in a row and it's an achievement?

I have nothing more to say. I will not participate in a lynch on myself, but if you want me dead... by all means, go ahead.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Mordokai, I'm not making a personal attack on you or anything here. I just noted that when I was reading through the thread, your post sounded a little off to me. I didn't even try to provide any more reasons than this, and I'll only take responsibility for my own point. I might be wrong or I might be right, but when nobody has presented any better choices I believe my hunch is as good as anyone else's, and at least I can trust myself better than anyone else.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
    Tydude has a low but positive scum index by my view, but I've got a few people I see as having higher scum indices, so am content with not pressuring him right now.

Oh, but this a deja-vu indeed... congratulations Murska, you did it again. Make it a three times in a row and it's an achievement?

I have nothing more to say. I will not participate in a lynch on myself, but if you want me dead... by all means, go ahead.
    Ummm. Giving up is not very good for a townie to do, so if you are town this is a bad plan. Actually it's a bad plan for anyone, since you're not dead yet! Also, uh, what the heck. You get some votes on you, are not at lynch yet, and instead of defending yourself, just throw your hands up in the air and quit? You do realize that even if you get killed, you still win if your side wins, right? The only person who will lose if he is killed is the werewolf, and he won't even die when lynched and could try claiming some other roles, although admittedly if he gets revealed early he's in trouble.

If you provide a defense, you'll most likely manage to shed some of these votes - I mean, two of them are explicitly time-delayed so that you can try to get rid of them! Just because Murska said he felt you were the best target doesn't mean you should be lynched, it doesn't even mean one of you has to be scum - it just means there is not a lot of information out there yet, and people are still basically going at random.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

This... actually makes me reconsider. I can't see anybody doing this unless they had an inconsequential villager role.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Sotek
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InaVegt View Post
    Don't have questions at the moment, just doing mathemagic on the rules.
    Any thoughts in that regard you can share, including possibly just questions? I've examined it some myself - one thing I do know is that people are currently overestimating the threat of the Werewolf; he will lose if he jumps out and starts devouring the moment one or two people reveal their roles - everyone will obviously stop even thinking about roleclaims until the werewolf runs out of solid targets and misses, at which point dob claims and is dogpiled to drop the WW. The real threat of roleclaims is that witches can use that information to target smartly - but they don't really gain that much if one of the mechanically weak roles claims. Yeah, you also have to worry a bit about narrowing down WW choices in endgame, but we already have two people dead without role reveals! If everyone except one person were to trueclaim right now, there'd still be a two in three(*) chance that the werewolf would be unable to win!

(*): Actually this is completely wrong, because the WW could just devour everyone else, then guess the anti-WW role of the remainders and/or win if there were no anti-WW roles left... but also the spy is probably still alive and the spy trumps the werewolf - werewolf can't win as long as spy is alive, remember. Still, the point is valid; as long as the DOB and Wizard - or even one of the witches! - are not known to the werewolf, he probably will lose if he leaps out and eats people. Meanwhile, he can get randakilled by the witches (in theory he already could be, although the odds are pretty low that Ghanz Nmi was WW), or DOB can get randakilled then target him, etc etc. Bottom line: a few revealed roles are aok fine.

Also, a tangent: Lovers in general want to conceal that they are Lovers for a while, since revealing that fact would confirm to the coven that the Enchantress is not a spy, but should clearly claim lovers before role-revealing, if one is about to get lynched. Also, if there are no Lovers, we really don't want the witches to know that since it would most likely result in a lost spy, which would be ... bad.