New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I think there were way more stupid powers than 'pushing things' or 'doors'.
    Heck, once the series is over we need to figure out what Oda's best and worse ideas for fruits were... (Well, I'd say khaine is right, it's mostly down to application)
    Well, if we assume the Chill Chill Fruit is canon, there is a devil fruit that gives you the power of terrible puns at the cost of being able to swim.

Of course, this being One Piece, a pirate that ate this fruit would probably be able to converse in puns so terrible they give people seizures and open his enemies up to his attacks.

This is a universe where turning into a Giraffe or producing natural soap is an awesome power, I'm pretty sure sure the only completely useless fruit is the Fish Fish Fruit and all its derivatives.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I seriously doubt it, the general theme has been that even the most stupid DF power has great aplications if used correctly, take fx something as dumb as doors, soap or rubber.
    The doors power is only awesome because the ability itself is extremely broad; Make doors anywhere makes perfect sense (but seems weaksauce compared to the Comic book powers of teleportation and phasing). The rubber abilities makes sense as well, as Luffy isn't given anything outside of rubbers actual properties. Now, soap, it's just silly because it gives soap bubbles the extranormal ability to wash away physical ability.
    Last edited by Dvandemon; 2011-03-10 at 10:27 PM. Reason: reiterating to clarify

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Eh I'd assume a door door fruit would allow you to open one door and walk through it to find yourself on a totally different doorstep.

What?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

This was very much a build up chapter wasn't it?

Next time we'll probably have much more on the Zoro v.s. Hodi fight, which will be quite interesting. (I'm thinking .... Zoro will have the upper hand until Hodi takes an extreme number of pills & zoro runs out of breath or something; there's no way Zoro's not gonna do well in his first fight, but I doubt Hodi will lose this ... so circumstance is what'll end the fight, not a person being beat.)

Also curious what's going on with Nami, seems from her reaction like she'll have a bigger role in this arc again, as the association to Arlong does leave a big impression on her.

I really hate having to wait a week.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    Well, if we assume the Chill Chill Fruit is canon, there is a devil fruit that gives you the power of terrible puns at the cost of being able to swim.
    Actually it's the Chilly-Chilly fruit, and it gives the power of telling bad jokes.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Firbolg in the Playground

In Ragnarok Online, there's a Bard skill that does exactly that. If you activate it, you'll say one of the preprogrammed bad joke, and there's a chance to freeze any character on screen.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

7. - Top - End - #397

The new chapter is out.

Spoiler
    Show
    It really looks like the SH top 3 are way above this arc's antagonists in power level, and they each have to get some handicaps to keep this fair.

Also: Zoro kicks ass.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Too short! *grumble, grumble*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    The new chapter is out.

Spoiler
    Show
    It really looks like the SH top 3 are way above this arc's antagonists in power level, and they each have to get some handicaps to keep this fair.

Also: Zoro kicks ass.
    Fair? No, the handicaps are to make the fights last at least three panels. Fair isn't even within sight from here.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

All this tells me is we haven't really met the true villains yet. Or maybe the straw hats will end up as the villains by accidently destroying the island with the sheer epicness of their attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

I think Hodi will be forced to make a comeback though his power-boosting medicine.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the Strawhats had massive upgrades. I really wonder how Decken will be of any trouble to Luffy. Not sure if Oda will pull another villain from his sleeve. Hodi will use his medicine, for sure. Together with the underwater advantage he might pose a slight challenge for Zoro. At least that's what I expect but maybe I'm wrong.

I liked Sanji's reaction. Poor guy at least got some weakness now (otherwise I think even he would have kicked Decken's ass protecting th princess) though I wonder if it will ever be more than comic relief.

Also, Nami and Keimi.... *purr*

13. - Top - End - #403

Huh. Decken got thrashed there, and Luffy was tied up. Normally I'd say water would even that up, but neither of them can swim. Still, he does have the power to snipe from anywhere if he gets a bead on Luffy.

Sanji's reaction was pretty funny, and reminds me of Hancock's usual effect on people.

As for Zoro one-shotting Hodi, that was really badass, but first law of anyone looking like they're done for at the end of a chapter...

14. - Top - End - #404

Woo! The new chapter is out.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Eh, close enough."

I love this series' humour.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Dang, beat me to it

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, new chap. As expected, Zoro didn't quite finish Hodi and thanks to evil drug steroids he's back. But the fishmen were impressed. Though, Zoro is out of air and Neptune can't quite finish them for... some reason.

Sanji's back to his old self, some talking and a big reveal at the end. Though, nothing I care about and I don't think anyone else either (maybe Nami, gotta see about that)

16. - Top - End - #406

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Dang, beat me to it

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, new chap. As expected, Zoro didn't quite finish Hodi and thanks to evil drug steroids he's back. But the fishmen were impressed. Though, Zoro is out of air and Neptune can't quite finish them for... some reason.

Sanji's back to his old self, some talking and a big reveal at the end. Though, nothing I care about and I don't think anyone else either (maybe Nami, gotta see about that)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't really get how Zoro was out of air so quickly, either. I can only guess that the attack he pulled required much energy, so it left him panting, but the few seconds he got to catch his breath weren't enough.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Though, Zoro is out of air
    Well, thats hardly surprising, considering he is fighting a fishman under water.

Neptune can't quite finish them for... some reason
    This was also explained quite clearly, Neptune is old and has a bad back, he really shouldnt be fighting at all.

But yes, Sanji is back to normal, a shame really, i liked him the way he was before

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, first off: Arlong park looks nothing like Sabaody. Well, not nothing but very little. It gets smaller towards the top. Wow. Sorry, Nami, but you are wrong.

Also... guess we will have some more exposition before the action continues.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Banned

Oh hush, it's close enough with the way it was arranged. Also, don't take it literally

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And so we see Otohime and... I don't know, the fourhundredth retelling of the beginning of the sun pirates?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

More like second or third. I don't recall their story being touched upon on more occasions that Hancock's backstory and a passing mention wayyy back when they said Arlong used to be Jinbe's first mate or something.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Banned

Exactly, that's a gross over-exaggeration. I'm just glad they're finally exploring that plot-point

23. - Top - End - #413

...All right, everyone's thinking it, but I'm just going to come out and say it.

How exactly did Otohime give birth to Shiraboshi?

She looks like she's a newborn in this chapter, and she's still like five times her mom's size!

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

She grew to that size only after being born, and grew big real quick. That's the only way you can think of it that makes sense. Don't even try anything else. It'll lead to places that'll break your brain.

Alternatively, Shiraboshi grew up like a fish - outside her mother.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    She grew to that size only after being born, and grew big real quick. That's the only way you can think of it that makes sense. Don't even try anything else. It'll lead to places that'll break your brain.
    TOO LATE! TOO LATE!!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    More like second or third. I don't recall their story being touched upon on more occasions that Hancock's backstory and a passing mention wayyy back when they said Arlong used to be Jinbe's first mate or something.
    If I recall Jinbe talked about it as well before now, and there have been plenty of passing references throughout the recent arcs. It's not that it isn't interesting, its just that I feel we kinda know the story, and I'm more interested in seeing how this is all gonna come together.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

New chap, yadda, yadda, nothing really new except some stuff about the Sun Pirates. Tiger seems to be a really decent fellow but... well, I didn't expect anything else, really. Guess we're having a few weeks of flashbacks ahead depending on what's going to happen to the brat.

edit: Well... nothing we didn't expect. Or not? Well, Tiger's inner demon is a bit weird... he#d want to like humans but something within him makes him hate them so he can#t take he blood? Ooooookay. Well, it's fine.
    Also, i forgot they didn't know about him being a slave... well, whatever.
    Last edited by Kato; 2011-05-01 at 12:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Damn Oda and his excellent writing. (I've just caught up on about a month and half of chapters.) Poor Tiger. I figured he would go the way he did.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Mehh, i gotta admit i found the recent chapters about the Sun pirates annoying as well, but i do look forward to the next chapters, now that its over.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Mehh, i gotta admit i found the recent chapters about the Sun pirates annoying as well, but i do look forward to the next chapters, now that its over.
    Annoying? They were great.