New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Do remember that the leggs were stuck to the dragon, it seems clear someone had been trying to make a Dragon-centaur....
    Actually it sounds to me like the fusing of the legs to the dragon was an accident on the part of the legs. This and how easily the samurai head was put back together suggests to me that who or whatever's doing this somehow has the ability to take people apart and put them back together like legos, but I thought Trafalgar Law already had that DF ability, so I'm still confused as to the nature of our bad guy.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Actually it sounds to me like the fusing of the legs to the dragon was an accident on the part of the legs. This and how easily the samurai head was put back together suggests to me that who or whatever's doing this somehow has the ability to take people apart and put them back together like legos, but I thought Trafalgar Law already had that DF ability, so I'm still confused as to the nature of our bad guy.
    There's of course always the simple answer: it is Trafalgar Law

Its not like we know where he is in the New Era

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Maybe Law joined the Marines?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Well so help me we don't know that the Marines are responsible for current shenanigans. Or for that matter how many factions are in play. Lets see we already have:

-The Straw Hats
    -Smoker's Marines
    -The Samurai
    -The weirdsuit guys

What's one more group causing trouble. So help me the weirdsuits we just don't know anything about. Its more then possible they are some World Gov project Smoker is kept in the dark about, but its by no means assured.

And well check out these quotes from the relevant wiki project:

-In other words he can cut through flesh and bone without actually hurting the victim. The effect persists even after Law disengages the sphere. How, or even if, the separated parts can be reassembled is unclear. It also seems that he can switch people's places as he did with Jean Bart and Bepo to protect the latter from a Pacifista.

-Law's epithet as the "Surgeon of Death" (死の外科医 Shi no Gekai?) and his crewmate Bepo's name are similar to the Nazi physician Josef Mengele's nicknames of the "Angel of Death" (Todesengel in German) and "Beppo"

And consider how little we know about him but he's supposed to have a bad rep...

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

It's been a while but wasn't Law a rather good guy what with helping Luffy and stuff?
    I guess he could still have been captured by the marines and/or conducting whatever experiments anyway...
    Or someone is able to emulate his powers. I'm not really sure but things smell really like he is involved in some way here.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It's been a while but wasn't Law a rather good guy what with helping Luffy and stuff?
    I guess he could still have been captured by the marines and/or conducting whatever experiments anyway...
    Or someone is able to emulate his powers. I'm not really sure but things smell really like he is involved in some way here.
    I believe Doflamingo has similar powers. He's at least capable of effortlessly dismembering people with just a wave of his hand, so it is possible that it's that particular Shichibukai.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    I believe Doflamingo has similar powers. He's at least capable of effortlessly dismembering people with just a wave of his hand, so it is possible that it's that particular Shichibukai.
    That's a legitimate possibility, but I always figured Doflamingo's power was some kind of razor wire type DF. It would explain why he's able to puppeteer people into killing each other and could slice someone's limb off.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    That's a legitimate possibility, but I always figured Doflamingo's power was some kind of razor wire type DF. It would explain why he's able to puppeteer people into killing each other and could slice someone's limb off.
    Also a possiblity, but to me, it just seems more likely that Doflamingo would do this sort of thing, he's been pro-slavery before (which is essentially what I see those imprisoned children as, slaves for some other purpose), and he's a tad insane, whereas Trafalgar Law seems much more methodical and this current situation doesn't really seem to have a method to it at least.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

My thinking goes we've had plenty cases of seeming enemies that turned out to be allies before. Were up to what over half the Shichibukai now? Now my logic goes, isn't it about time we had that in the opposite direction.

Not that I'm going to be all hurt if its not Law as a villian though. There's still plenty of room for him to simply be meddling same as the Straw Hats too. Just that I'm pointing out how little is know about the guy.

A reasonable possibility since we know next to nothing about Doflamingo too.

That said Oars seemed rather wounded by loosing his leg, which is inconsistent with the samurai head for example. That said without his powers being detailed explicitly its only speculative one way or the other.

(However I dare say he doesn't seem like the bigger plan type. Doflamingo dealt in slaves because they were profitable as a business. Something like this is some kind of bigger plot)

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Also a possiblity, but to me, it just seems more likely that Doflamingo would do this sort of thing, he's been pro-slavery before (which is essentially what I see those imprisoned children as, slaves for some other purpose), and he's a tad insane, whereas Trafalgar Law seems much more methodical and this current situation doesn't really seem to have a method to it at least.
    Oh this sort of thing would be right up Doflamingo's alley, sure, and I doubt we'll end One Piece without him as the villain of at least one arc, but I'm just not sure that he's responsible here, nor do I think that he's the one chopping up people like Lego's.

The cutting up people without really harming them does seem to be in Law's realm, but Law was portrayed as a (relatively) good guy last we saw him. Remember that most of the horrible nicknames come from bounty posters and the world government. Still, we don't know much about him either.

There's also that wisp of something the biohazard guys were talking to. I'd guess Logia, and possibly a new character at that.

This might even all be the work of Dr. Vegapunk and we might get to meet the elusive doctor.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

New Chapter.

And the winner is...

Spoiler
    Show
    Trafalgar Law!

And he's one of the new Shichibukai!

Everyone who guessed correctly gets a pat on the back!

That does explain the animal-people and the cut up samurai, and Law's minions pre-timeskip also all wore similar hazmat suits if I remember correctly. There's still the mysterious gas-person we can only assume is a Logia of some kind and the big guy who's the "boss" (wonder if that's the one giant Law rescued from Saobody.)

I wonder if that means Law or Smoker will be this arc's antagonists, or if it's someone different altogether. I guess Bepo will show up sometime soon.

Also, we find out where the samurai's torso is, and Brook has a fight on his bony hands.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was expecting Law; but not as a Shichibukai...did they change is nickname? He was the surgeon of death; but now it seems it is the White Hunter.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

13. - Top - End - #943
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was expecting Law; but not as a Shichibukai...did they change is nickname? He was the surgeon of death; but now it seems it is the White Hunter.
    Smoker is the White Hunter. The sentiment was directed at Smoker.

Spoiler
    Show
    So Law's involved... As for being an antagonist, maybe, maybe not? I think that for whatever reason, everything that's happened to the Samurai and the kids was a misunderstanding; Law's probably experimenting on the kids for science some reason and the samurai; well, he hates pirates and probably tried to kill Law, Law fought back. Oh god... He fought the Law and the Law won. And as for the gas-gun boss, maybe Law's crew isn't as loyal to him as we assume?
    Last edited by nazgulnine; 2012-03-07 at 11:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulnine View Post
    Smoker is the White Hunter. The sentiment was directed at Smoker.

Spoiler
    Show
    So Law's involved... As for being an antagonist, maybe, maybe not? I think that for whatever reason, everything that's happened to the Samurai and the kids was a misunderstanding; Law's probably experimenting on the kids for science some reason and the samurai; well, he hates pirates and probably tried to kill Law, Law fought back. Oh god... He fought the Law and the Law won. And as for the gas-gun boss, maybe Law's crew isn't as loyal to him as we assume?
    Speculation Time:

Spoiler
    Show
    A few of note: There seem to be at least three authority figures on the island: Law, the talking gas, and the giant "boss" leading the centaurs. We don't know if they're all on the same crew or on opposing sides. Also, everyone the Straw Hats are dealing with don't seem to recognize them, referring to them merely as "intruders" despite Luffy having a 400 million bounty and being the key survivor of Marineford, so I imagine he's a little famous even out here. Law at least is working with the people that are gassing the island to try and keep Smoker's guys out, so there's a good chance that the talking gas is either one of Law's subordinates or they're working together. I'm guessing Law is at least sympathetic towards Luffy, even if it has been two years, and I'm also guessing that Law doesn't know that Luffy's on the island yet. Just that some "intruders" are on the island.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

So yeah...

Spoiler
    Show
    Nailed it!

I think the most interesting detail though... is bounty exceeds Luffy. My haven't the Supernova's been busy? And if anything Shichibukai tend to be low-balled. And here I thought Luffy was getting somewhere.

Even with two years to make up the gap kinda scary actually. I can only imagine what this means for Kidd and X Drake since I seem to recall them being mentioned as running free in the New World

Also this chapter inspired me to review Luffy's crimes and a bad bad bad idea came into my mind: Luffy is Dracula. *dodges*

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Hu, so Law did join the government... I wonder what his alignment is then... or maybe he just wanted to be left alone? We#ll see, I guess.

What talking gas? Did I miss something? Maybe it's just normal gas...

And the Samurai's torso seems quite skilled... but I still don't think new crewmate. Too many swords.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Hu, so Law did join the government... I wonder what his alignment is then... or maybe he just wanted to be left alone? We#ll see, I guess.
    His alignment is lawful evil. He's starting to remind me of Hao.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-03-07 at 04:56 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

And the Samurai's torso seems quite skilled... but I still don't think new crewmate. Too many swords.
    I personally suspect the Straw Hat crew proper won't get any larger for the rest of the story. Maybe Jinbei as a first mate or helmsman and that's it. However that being at least delayed leads me to suspect there's even more going on and it won't end up happening.

(Rather then the crew itself getting larger I feel the Straw Hats will attract increasing numbers of allies who run their own operations under the Straw Hat flag as a it were. Like Whitebeard's armada at Marineford)

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Let's not do an alignment argument on a character we still know barely anything about.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I personally suspect the Straw Hat crew proper won't get any larger for the rest of the story. Maybe Jinbei as a first mate or helmsman and that's it. However that being at least delayed leads me to suspect there's even more going on and it won't end up happening.

(Rather then the crew itself getting larger I feel the Straw Hats will attract increasing numbers of allies who run their own operations under the Straw Hat flag as a it were. Like Whitebeard's armada at Marineford)
    I agree with this and considering Luffy declared fishman island as his turf I am pretty sure that something along the lines of that and possibly without Luffy and Co. even knowing until they actually need help (perhaps the final battle against Blackbeard?)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I agree with this and considering Luffy declared fishman island as his turf I am pretty sure that something along the lines of that and possibly without Luffy and Co. even knowing until they actually need help (perhaps the final battle against Blackbeard?)
    Which brings up a major thing we need established, how Yonko operate on their home turf.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh, i found the detail with Smoker having 2 cigars poking out of his gasmask hilarious
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

Well, new chapter...

Spoiler
    Show

Nothing too great... Nami's team emerges where Trafalger is just "welcoming" Smoker and things do look pretty awkward... I'm still not used to choppers new shape.

Apart from that... not much. Except Smoker prepares to battle Law at the end. Awesome battle incoming?

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Franky should not be allowed to babysit children. Even the Giant kind.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

So yeah this chapter managed to up the creepy. Not look good for you remaining out of villain territory Mr. Law.

Though I can't decide if Nami made a smart choice or not in this chapter.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Looks like we have the first of many truly high-powered New World fights coming up.

Sweet.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Orc in the Playground

hmmmm... not sure if this entire chapter was supposed to be a joke or not. The strawhats come out of a door singing and acting like idiots, and suddenly become heroes of justice before freaking out and running back inside. It's like a Benny Hill montage in comicbook form.

And that hallway of dead frozen marines... that's not at all ominous. I'm guessing they were just bystanders during Iceman vs Lavaman 2012.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And that hallway of dead frozen marines... that's not at all ominous. I'm guessing they were just bystanders during Iceman vs Lavaman 2012.
    Isn't the portion of the crew who saw that no in the know about said fight's occurrence?

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

hmmmm... not sure if this entire chapter was supposed to be a joke or not. The strawhats come out of a door singing and acting like idiots, and suddenly become heroes of justice before freaking out and running back inside. It's like a Benny Hill montage in comicbook form.

Yeah I forgive everyone there except Nami, who probably should have thought a little more about simply turning tail. Then again this is one of the few time when it seem like talking to the Marines might be a good idea.

And I've seen Benny Hill set to One Piece, it was more hilarious then average.

However point of order on looking again those seem to be striped prisoner outfits. I somehow get the idea they are there entirely to make one thing they were frozen in the battle, and creepy enough to discourage anyone from going farther.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

So yeah this chapter managed to up the creepy. Not look good for you remaining out of villain territory Mr. Law.

Though I can't decide if Nami made a smart choice or not in this chapter.
    Out of villain territory?
    He is a pirate and a supernove, he is standing quite firmly in there.

That aside, its also a insanely powerfull DF that he posses, and he has apperently grown a lot stronger during the last 2 years, judging from its area of effect.
    Actualy, a Logia style fruit is one of the only things i could see being able to defeat that, so now im really looking forward to see what will happen in the upcomming showdown.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar