New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm going to scratch what I said in my last post. I think the Emperor that Law wants to take down is Shanks. Luffy wasn't confused as to who it was, so no Kaido. He wasn't extremely pissed off, so no Blackbeard. Not sure what his reaction would be to Big Mom, but he didn't make any kind of mention that he had already challenged her. However, his absolutely cheerful expression definitely points me towards Shanks now. After a bit of thought, Luffy wouldn't be happier than to fight his idol. On top of simply wanting to see him again, he also wants Shanks to know just how strong he is.

Zoro and Sanji learning how to use Haki was obvious, just look at who trained them over two years(a Warlord and the second in command of the Revolutionaries). Kind of disappointed Usopp can't use Haki though. I figured two years on that island would've definitely gotten Usopp' Observation Haki going. Wonder how proficient Zoro and Sanji are at using it.

Also, Chopper+Law's head=Hilarious.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm going to scratch what I said in my last post. I think the Emperor that Law wants to take down is Shanks. Luffy wasn't confused as to who it was, so no Kaido. He wasn't extremely pissed off, so no Blackbeard. Not sure what his reaction would be to Big Mom, but he didn't make any kind of mention that he had already challenged her. However, his absolutely cheerful expression definitely points me towards Shanks now. After a bit of thought, Luffy wouldn't be happier than to fight his idol. On top of simply wanting to see him again, he also wants Shanks to know just how strong he is.

Zoro and Sanji learning how to use Haki was obvious, just look at who trained them over two years(a Warlord and the second in command of the Revolutionaries). Kind of disappointed Usopp can't use Haki though. I figured two years on that island would've definitely gotten Usopp' Observation Haki going. Wonder how proficient Zoro and Sanji are at using it.

Also, Chopper+Law's head=Hilarious.
    Definitely agreed.

Spoiler
    Show
    And I bet he has observation Haki, but that doesn't help much in hitting the guy.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Definitely agreed.

Spoiler
    Show
    And I bet he has observation Haki, but that doesn't help much in hitting the guy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personally, as disappointed as I am, it does seem the Usopp has no Haki whatsoever, yet. I'd have to say the evidence points to it:

A)When Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji were fighting the Kraken, Usopp was completely surprised when Luffy set up for the Elephant Gun. Assuming those who learn Haki get roughly the same talk that Luffy got from Rayleigh about it, Usopp would've had at least a slight idea of what Armament Haki would do.

B)It seems Haki users can naturally sense other Haki users. Unless Zoro and Sanji told Luffy(why Usopp wouldn't as well is beyond me) about their training, which actually is a strong possibility, Luffy would've had no way of knowing they could use Haki when he told Law. Now, that is flimsy on its own but look back on the beginning of the New World. When Luffy is unmasked by Sentomaru and the Pacifistas, Sentomaru figures out, quickly, that Luffy is using Haki. Though, it should also be mentioned that Law had no idea who in the Straw Hats could use Haki. So, I dunno.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

B)It seems Haki users can naturally sense other Haki users. Unless Zoro and Sanji told Luffy(why Usopp wouldn't as well is beyond me) about their training, which actually is a strong possibility, Luffy would've had no way of knowing they could use Haki when he told Law. Now, that is flimsy on its own but look back on the beginning of the New World. When Luffy is unmasked by Sentomaru and the Pacifistas, Sentomaru figures out, quickly, that Luffy is using Haki. Though, it should also be mentioned that Law had no idea who in the Straw Hats could use Haki. So, I dunno.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe, they told him when the three went after Caribou in the last part of the Fishman Island arc.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Or he figured it out because Zorro can cut metal and Sanji's leg sometimes catches fire.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Ah well, new chapter... it was fun. Law really has no idea what he got himself into, I'll assume but now he has to deal with it...

Damn you Oda for not telling us the Emperor... I guess it's not Teach but apart from that... dunno.

And concerning tha Haki... not sure about the other Straw Hats... I guess they were strictly talking about armament since that's the only useful one against Logia users so maybe they left out Usopp on purpose, if he has it... or they don't know. I don't care enough. But Zoro and Sanji using haki is/was extremely obvious...

So, we got some giant slime now. Great. The kraken was such a threat last time... and it's not like Luffy is immune to all poisons...

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

.... Luffy is immune to poisons? Did the hormone therapy from Ikanov give him immunity? Because AFAIR the Luffy had a terrible time agains the warden with the poison fruit (Dam you Oda and your love for huge amounts characters) and he almost died from that poison.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    .... Luffy is immune to poisons? Did the hormone therapy from Ikanov give him immunity? Because AFAIR the Luffy had a terrible time agains the warden with the poison fruit (Dam you Oda and your love for huge amounts characters) and he almost died from that poison.
    It mentioned somewhere in Fishman Island arc that yeah because of nearly dying Luffy is now really resistant to poisons.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

So, we got some giant slime now. Great. The kraken was such a threat last time... and it's not like Luffy is immune to all poisons...
    Not like it would help him against a huge blob of acid anyway..

Now Haki is another matter, that proberly would have helped him against the warden as well
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Yeah, it was mentioned earlier that Luffy's body adapted from surviving SO MUCH POISON.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    It mentioned somewhere in Fishman Island arc that yeah because of nearly dying Luffy is now really resistant to poisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Yeah, it was mentioned earlier that Luffy's body adapted from surviving SO MUCH POISON.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well guys, new chapter. Looks like Luffy's at it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Well guys, new chapter. Looks like Luffy's at it again.
    What a surprise, no Straw Hat is dead yet...

Aaaand.... Law should have REALLY thought that alliance through before offering it!

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    The Opa Opa Fruit,

1. Able to cut anything within the "Room" area without actually damaging the target.
    2. Able to switch parts of a target with some other target, and attach targets cut or removed with the fruit ability onto other targets. Effects last even if the cut or removed target(s) leave the Room.
    3. Teleportation? Might be limited to places where a "Room" was created.

I have a feeling that Law will eventually explain some of his abilities later (Or Caesar Clown might), but for now, Law's fruit ability is pretty powerful and apparently useful for travel for some reason.
    Waiting for Oda's reasoning on how the Fruit actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Opa Opa Fruit,

1. Able to cut anything within the "Room" area without actually damaging the target.
    2. Able to switch parts of a target with some other target, and attach targets cut or removed with the fruit ability onto other targets. Effects last even if the cut or removed target(s) leave the Room.
    3. Teleportation? Might be limited to places where a "Room" was created.

I have a feeling that Law will eventually explain some of his abilities later (Or Caesar Clown might), but for now, Law's fruit ability is pretty powerful and apparently useful for travel for some reason.
    Waiting for Oda's reasoning on how the Fruit actually works.
    Wasn't he able to switch places with an object in his room? If so he might of just used that here. Do we know where he teleported from originally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Wasn't he able to switch places with an object in his room? If so he might of just used that here. Do we know where he teleported from originally?
    He just sort of... Popped in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Banned

I want to see the Yeti Cool Brother's faces. Also, a Tsun tsun no Mi and Dere dere no Mi.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    I want to see the Yeti Cool Brother's faces. Also, a Tsun tsun no Mi and Dere dere no Mi.
    I want to see the world's most user-unfriendly Logia fruit, the Umi umi no mi- which grants its user the ability to transform into sea water...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Banned

Would dropping seastone in you turn you back to normal?

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    Would dropping seastone in you turn you back to normal?
    Unknown, but depending on what part of your body had transformed, finding out could be fatal.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hasn't there been a game or anime exclusive Splash Splash fruit or something?

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter is out.

Spoiler
    Show
    It seems Law´s technique of soul exchange also switches around strenght. It was fun seening Luffy laugh at Smoker´s misfortune and also how straight-forward minded he is as he went after Caesar.

I wonder what would happen if the slime was frozen. Or maybe thrown away by Zoro´s tatsumaki intp the water.

Fun chapter overall.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems Law´s technique of soul exchange also switches around strenght. It was fun seening Luffy laugh at Smoker´s misfortune and also how straight-forward minded he is as he went after Caesar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I don't think you're right. I think it's just knowing how to fight. Tashigi is a skilled swordswoman, so it makes some that her body would be accustomed to swinging a weapon like Smoker's Jutte around. Not to mention learning how to swing a sword is something that anybody can do well. In theory anyway. Smoker's the only one with the Moku Moku no Mi, it'd be silly for Tashigi to have mastered his fighting technique, something that only he knows. Not to mention if that were the case Franky possessed Chopper's Monster Point would've been a lot stronger. He simply didn't have the will power to control it.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

New Chapter, unless I missed another thread?

Spoiler
    Show
    Luffy's poison resistance doesn't work as well as he thought, it seems. And a new mystery character with some unknown ability, how exciting. I hope Law won't be taken out of the picture so soon, we just got reintroduced to him.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    New Chapter, unless I missed another thread?

Spoiler
    Show
    Luffy's poison resistance doesn't work as well as he thought, it seems. And a new mystery character with some unknown ability, how exciting. I hope Law won't be taken out of the picture so soon, we just got reintroduced to him.
    Hm... not sure if it's really poison... my guess is he might just be suffocating. Also, Law seems to suffer a similar fate... I'm curious who the other guy is... and whather we know him.
    Also: Sanji, don't you dare damage Nami's body!!!!

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Law isn't going to die. We all know Oda is very reluctant to kill people out of flashbacks.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, I was just re-reading the special Strong World chapter. I know it's not yet canon that Buggy is going to be a Shibukai at this point, but I found a good piece of supporting evidence, and that is that they show him when they show Moria, Doflamingo, Crocodile, and Mihawk's reactions. Shank's and Dragon's are in a different row.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

One Piece Thread has not been updated while Naruto and Bleach have? I am insulted.

New Chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, we have strawhats using haki, law getting out classed and the samurai is revealed to be a bad ass. Might he teach Zoro, or do they end duelling?

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    One Piece Thread has not been updated while Naruto and Bleach have? I am insulted.

New Chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, we have strawhats using haki, law getting out classed and the samurai is revealed to be a bad ass. Might he teach Zoro, or do they end duelling?
    Give me time to read the chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm a bit annoyed about the super powerful new character out of nowhere.... So... King's or what brought Law to his knees?

Apart from that... still wonder what Caesar did... Sanji haki confirmed... Samurai guy is getting interesting. Not sure what it will lead to but I guess Zoro will learn some new tricks.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Im pretty sure that what Ceasar does is to fill his surroundings with CO2, its not something Luffy's poison resistance would work against, and it would make people suddenly fall asleep without noticing why.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar