New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Yeah, there's nothing that can really stop you from leaving the grandline... just as there is nothing that can really stop you from going backward if you really want to. You just don't stand a chance because the power level at the end is so damn high. It's the rules of the world... As for Brook going back... then he'd leave his new friends behind!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    @AtlanteanTroll: Even if Oda did count the Thousand Sunny as a crew member, you're still one short. Luffy is the captain, not one of the ten he expressed a desire for. But as Xondoure said, the whole "10 crew members" bit is based clearly off of one sentence said by Luffy very early in the story and not necessarily the foreshadowing we're hoping for.
    Luffy counts the Thousand Sunny like he counted the Going Merry, and that's all that matters. Anyway, I realize that was ages ago, but I still think it'll hold true. (Also didn't Oda Word of God it?) And yes, there is a good chance Luffy isn't counting himself (considering he offered Jinbei the chance to join up), and in that case, my money's on Jinbei as Luffy's shown very obvious and direct interest.

I was kind of hoping that Hachi would join up, but I knew that'd never happen. Anyway, having a dream is very important to the One Piece characters. All the samurai wants is to get his kid back.

Luffy dreams of being the King of the Pirats. Zolo dreams of being the very best (swordsman) like no one ever was. Nami dreams of making a map of the entire world. Ussop dreams of going to go to Elbaf and to stop being such a coward. Sanji dreams of discovering the All Blue. Chopper dreams of becoming the very best (doctor) like no one ever was. Robin dreams of finding and reading the Rio Poneglyph. Franky dreams of making a ship that will make it to the end of the Grand Line. The Thousand Sunny is inhabited by the spirit of the Going Merry and dreams of sailing with the Straw Hats forever. Brook dreams of returning to Laboon and playing the song he recorded with the Rumbar Pirates to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    As for Brook going back... then he'd leave his new friends behind!
    But then you can't call 'meeting Laboon' his dream. A dream is not something you postpone to hang out with your new buddies.
    EDIT: Nevermind, DiscipleofBob explained it, it makes sense.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-07-09 at 11:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Well let's put it this way, Nami is as much of a quartermaster as Luffy is a captain.
    That's not true at all! Nami's a GREAT quartermaster.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Luffy's got one of the highest bounties in the world, he must be doing something right.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Well now, it seems a new chapter has arrived.

Spoiler
    Show

Aaaand we were right about Cesar defeating Luffy & Co. Kind of a mean trick but I guess some long range weaponry should do the trick.

Brownbeard is still alive because as we all know - nobody dies on screen in one Piece (except for Ace. And Whitebeard. But otherwise)

Still, situation seems bad but we still got three Straw Hats and a Samurai lose. The plot feels like it's dragging it's feet but... what can you do.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well now, it seems a new chapter has arrived.

Spoiler
    Show

Aaaand we were right about Cesar defeating Luffy & Co. Kind of a mean trick but I guess some long range weaponry should do the trick.

Brownbeard is still alive because as we all know - nobody dies on screen in one Piece (except for Ace. And Whitebeard. But otherwise)

Still, situation seems bad but we still got three Straw Hats and a Samurai lose. The plot feels like it's dragging it's feet but... what can you do.
    Dragging it's feet? Well, it isn't speeding along like the fish man island arc. But I wouldn't call it slow.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I really hope that's sarcasm, because Fishman Island has to have been the slowest arc in One Piece yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, hello! The return of Kid!! We have three stars of the Supernovas all converging on each other. This should speed up real fast.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-07-10 at 03:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I really hope that's sarcasm, because Fishman Island has to have been the slowest arc in One Piece yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, hello! The return of Kid!! We have three stars of the Supernovas all converging on each other. This should speed up real fast.

You're serious?

Fishman Island was so rushed I almost blinked and missed the fight scenes.

I know we're probably not going to get another jewel like Alabasta or Water 7anytime soon, but this arc is still pretty damn fast-paced.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

You're serious?

Fishman Island was so rushed I almost blinked and missed the fight scenes.

I know we're probably not going to get another jewel like Alabasta or Water 7anytime soon, but this arc is still pretty damn fast-paced.
    The fights were very, very fast in Fishman Island, but the rest of it, the build up, was slow as ... As ... I don't even know. It was just really slow for One Piece. The Otohime flashback moved pretty well though.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

The fights were very, very fast in Fishman Island, but the rest of it, the build up, was slow as ... As ... I don't even know. It was just really slow for One Piece. The Otohime flashback moved pretty well though.
    I think you're referring to read speed of chapters, which wasn't that great. Whereas what I meant was that the Fishman island arc was really short.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    I think you're referring to read speed of chapters, which wasn't that great. Whereas what I meant was that the Fishman island arc was really short.
    Oh, that's definitely what I meant. Although admittedly the slow pacing and read speed made it seem pretty dang long.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

And thank gods for that, i think it was proberly the worst arc so far.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    And thank gods for that, i think it was proberly the worst arc so far.
    Yeah I'm still disappointed. Perhaps the longest awaited arc in the whole series, and it fell so short of it's potential.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

Well, im happy i allways saw it as a place that we just had to get past

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Banned

I really enjoyed the Fishman Island arc. I think it's point was to show how much Luffy and co had really grown.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

The problem was showing that growth took only a small portion of the arc, while most of it was taking up by rather awfull flashbacks.

Not that it didnt have its high points, it has my favorite Sanji moment where he desides to risk his life to look at the mermaid princess.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Greeting from Otakon! I'm currently cosplaying as someone who might be a little familiar to this thread:

Spoiler
    Show

"Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

This arc isn't really slow so much as its convoluted on a chapter by chapter basis. I'm beginning to understand what 's happening, but that is only within the last chapter or so.

Also Happy Fifteenth Anniversary, Oda and One Piece.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Banned

The plot does feel a bit convoluted, but then again, Alabasta also did and it's probably the best arc in the series.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, finally a new chapter and the action picks up!

Spoiler
    Show

Law's way to espace is a bit too convenient but I'll excuse it.

I actually thought Tashigi was shocked because shewas back in her body but with Smoker's style of clothing... as in, halff.naked. Not that I mind...

And Sanji was great I'm a bit envious, though.

Woo, the finale can finally begin! But The enemies have hardly enough combatants to pose a threat to the whole crew, do they?

Oh, also: blabla, alliance between pirates, bla... next arc or the one after that, I guess(?)

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I just hope Law will shove the devil fruit left by the slime in Caesar's mouth. Would be a very karmic ending for him, and let us see how someone who eats 2 devil fruits die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just hope Law will shove the devil fruit left by the slime in Caesar's mouth. Would be a very karmic ending for him, and let us see how someone who eats 2 devil fruits die.
    Have we ever seen proof this is true? Maybe it's just a rumor to keep people from getting all powerful?

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, I found this video a bit ago, and I don't think I've ever posted it here, but it's amazing. Just amazing. The best AMV I've ever seen.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

So, I found this video a bit ago, and I don't think I've ever posted it here, but it's amazing. Just amazing. The best AMV I've ever seen.
    Ya that is definitely well done. Though I wonder why the maker decided to end at ace's death and not include the rest of the whitebeard arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

For what it is its not bad and manages to be more then the sum of its parts. Despite the many things working against it (poor quality video, done to death song, etc) it manages to be a pretty nice little series recap of the more serious/epic moments.

However even among One Piece vids there's well... THIS

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'll have to disagree merely on the basis of the style just being not... well, not my taste. That said, the end of the thriller bark arc (well, not the last seconds but the end of episode 377 gives me goose bumps with just the scene, nothing added. First time reading the chapter was so intense...)

Anyway, new chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Not much happening... plans to kick Ceasar's behind and Law has something planned... Smoker wants revenge and Zoro is the voice of reason. And Sanji loses his temporary gift. Too bad, pal.

I liked how they added the Tom & Jerry pick at the end It's been around on sites but it's still funny.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

omg, mind blown away, brb...

Anyway, new champer was decent enough, the action is starting to pick up, and the real fighting will proberly begin.

Its a shame, but i dont think they will have anyone here to give Zorro a decent challenge, buts its ok, because i think we will see a bit of smoker instead, and he has also been one of my favorites for a while :)

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, the newest episode of One Piece is out. I wouldn't bother mentioning the episode, then, since it pretty much just does a decent job of setting up the climax of Fishman Island (And if the next several episodes aren't high quality, then this buildup was mostly a waste. >.>).

Anyway, the only reason I'm mentioning it at all is to find out if anyone here recognizes the music that's played at the end of the episode, just before Van Der Decken gets knocked out. I don't think I recognize the song from the OST, so I'm wondering if it's something completely new.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter but nothing really interesting happens except for preparations...

Spoiler
    Show

So after the Vergo dude beat up the G5 Sanji goes to safe Tashigi which I guess is one of the big fights, Zoro might be up against a Dragon and Luffy didn't waste anytime punching Ceasar in the face.

The banter at the beginning was kind of fun, I guess.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental