Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: One Piece -- Discussion

Spoiler
    Show
    Doflamingo's past? Guess: he is related to a world noble, or at least someone else who's really high up in the WG.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Well, new chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, Law realizes that plotting with Luffy is like plotting with... any other mindless, directionless force of nature friendship. He could just have ordered him to kill Ceasar, I guess...

Apart from that... Flamingo's subordinates are pretty entertaining. A revolving man and a woman made of guns who can not refuse any request? I think I have my new favorite Strawhat Though she should never meet Sanji, I'm afraid.

And will Franky finally get a chance to be awesome? Let's find out!
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder, if one of those shadowy figures was Kaidou or one of his subordinates. And does this guy who's with top-hat look like Jean Bart?

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dscherro View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder, if one of those shadowy figures was Kaidou or one of his subordinates. And does this guy who's with top-hat look like Jean Bart?
    I was thinking someone else there....

Spoiler
    Show

I mean that is the too obvious idea yes?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    I meant the guy top hat is talking to, he immediately reminded me of Jean Bart. But you're right: it could be Blueno without his awesome cow hair.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dscherro View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant the guy top hat is talking to, he immediately reminded me of Jean Bart. But you're right: it could be Blueno without his awesome cow hair.
    Oh I see now.. yeah I can see where it could be either. One a bit more sensible, but without really knowing what's going down there's no way to be sure.

I can't think of anyone else for our shadowy figure in the headgear though... though always possible its someone new.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

It's not impossible but I'd tend towards someone new... Not that I would dislike bringing him back but... Hm... I'm not sure if it would be Oda's style.IF he wants to bring back an old adversary BRING BACK KURO!!! (I liked Kuro...)
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't care for Kuro much. Besides he'd be just a little weak to bring back.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

I guess it has something to do with him being like the third villain in the show and and the first to be a serious threat...
    Also, I wasn't quite settled into the theme of OP and I kept expecting him to have a change of heart. If I think about it, he wasn't thatspecial but let me keep my nostalgia goggles please
    Though the strength argument can be made against pretty much any old villain... The Strawhats have ten times the power they used to have, no one they beat pre-timeskip could keep up with them without serious training.
    "What's done is done."

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Though the strength argument can be made against pretty much any old villain... The Strawhats have ten times the power they used to have, no one they beat pre-timeskip could keep up with them without serious training.
    I'm pretty sure Crocodile, Enel and Magellan would still be good challenges.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

That was my thought as well. Enel and Magellan can say fairly they weren't conclusively defeated, and Crocodile took three damn tries and help from Robin... and he's got being a damn Bond villain working against him.

Heck Gecko Moriah while he never *quite* threw down proper is the only guy (by properly applying his power through Oars) to throw down with the entire Straw Hat crew simultaneously. Even in Seabody you didn't see that all out combined offensive.

I'd dispute also whether anyone in East Blue posed a serious challenge to the Straw Hats in a stand up fight outside Arlong.

Who's also the only guy that I'd be comfortable saying has outclassed as a threat by the story advancing. Almost everyone else was either never a serious threat (to Luffy at least) once the fighting started, or clearly still the superior power on the whole.

CP9 is really the only set of antagonists to fit the typical shonen-escalation formula of forcing everyone to get stronger in response to their threat. Also so help me CP9's cover story does a fair bit to set them up for returning, I dare say if any antagonists make sense to come back stronger then ever its them.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Oars fought (Shadow) Luffy and then all the other Strawhats (minus Luffy), right? Still quite the accomplishment, anyway... and probably Chopper's most amazing moment in the series when they do take him down.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, you're right its Straw Hat Crew, Nightmare Luffy, and then final finish all together yeah. Still the by far the biggest single fight in the series for our heroes though not the toughest conflict.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I'd argue whether Arlong was really a strong challenge to at least Luffy. Yeah, he beat Zoro and Sanji and even if they weren't beat up beforehand I guess they would not have been much trouble. But iirc didn't Luffy quite swipe the floor with him? But maybe the same thing is true for Kuro... I guess I need to go back and read/watch again.

Moria, really? Moria felt to me like the worst excuse for a Shichibukai ever. The one big advantage he had going for him was Oars and the millions of shadows he had stolen. Unless he got to restore his resources on that level he is not much of a threat. Or he gets another giant body to control.

Enel is... difficult to put down. He was in quite an usual disadvantage against Luffy but I don't think there is much he could do now unless he improved a lot. Also, with Haki I think both Zoro and Sanji have the skills to fight him now as well. Then again we don't know how much good his observation haki will do him.

Crocodile... well, I like Crocodile (as much as you can like someone who was ready to let thousands die in a civil war) and he has shown to be quite skilled apart from merely being a Logia user and I guess he would still be quite a challenge if he did a little keeping up.

Well, Magellan was not so much beat as "we got barely away without dying".

The whole of CP9... hm... I guess they were quite evenly matched back then but they were just getting used to their powers. So they could have improved a lot I'll admit. But most of them have settled for a peaceful life now (last time we saw them)
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Hm... I'd argue whether Arlong was really a strong challenge to at least Luffy. Yeah, he beat Zoro and Sanji and even if they weren't beat up beforehand I guess they would not have been much trouble. But iirc didn't Luffy quite swipe the floor with him? But maybe the same thing is true for Kuro... I guess I need to go back and read/watch again.

Moria, really? Moria felt to me like the worst excuse for a Shichibukai ever. The one big advantage he had going for him was Oars and the millions of shadows he had stolen. Unless he got to restore his resources on that level he is not much of a threat. Or he gets another giant body to control.

Enel is... difficult to put down. He was in quite an usual disadvantage against Luffy but I don't think there is much he could do now unless he improved a lot. Also, with Haki I think both Zoro and Sanji have the skills to fight him now as well. Then again we don't know how much good his observation haki will do him.

Crocodile... well, I like Crocodile (as much as you can like someone who was ready to let thousands die in a civil war) and he has shown to be quite skilled apart from merely being a Logia user and I guess he would still be quite a challenge if he did a little keeping up.

Well, Magellan was not so much beat as "we got barely away without dying".

The whole of CP9... hm... I guess they were quite evenly matched back then but they were just getting used to their powers. So they could have improved a lot I'll admit. But most of them have settled for a peaceful life now (last time we saw them)
    With Moria you also have to realize that Moria at the time was morbidly obese and out of shape/practice. If you see him back when Pirate King was being executed he looks completely different. If Moria gets in shape his powers could be ludicrously strong. Especially if he gets 1 or 2 of the straw hats first and absorbs their shadows (Not like absorbing a thousand shadows like he did where he could barely move. Just a few strong shadows to improve himself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Kato I'm going to change a slight bit of emphasis in what you wrote and want you to think about that "beat Zoro and Sanji" you wrote. And after that he went on to pose a pretty stiff challenge to Luffy.

Enel by Word of Oda if bountied for his threat level would be in the 500 mil range. That puts him over everyone but Ace for bounties, so on par with a Whitebeard commander who showed they could fight Admirals and Dracule Mihawk. Aside from that think of all the nasty things Kizaru might do and realize that lightning is much the same as light in this regard. Now Luffy could probably beat Enel outright now, but while Zoro and Sanji can hurt him... yeah I'm going with still a threat.

Now Moria is a pretty loathsome and uninspiring villain... but its still his powers that drove the entire Thriller Bark arc. I call his whole strategy pretty smart, and his power set is one of the most impressive.

And Kato I think you are misremembering CP9's Independent Report. It ends when Spandam sends Marines after them, them kicking the Very Good's arse all over the place, and phoning Spandam to threaten their eventual return before sailing off into the unknown.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Well, not to argue too much about it but a few rebuttals:

Didn't Arlng finish Zoro and Sanji with little less than a slight of hand? I don't recall much fighting there, though I could be entirely wrong. But I think he was pretty much at peak power when he and Luffy faced each other after Luffy's recovery.

As I said, Enel is probably the one hardest to put down. Yeah, he potentially has the same power level as Kizaru but just the range of your DF powers is not that great an indicator. Luffy has some stupid rubber powers and... well, you get my point. I'm not saying he couldn't possibly pose a threat (to anyone but Luffy) but 500 Mio is not that much more than what Luffy used to have so I'd argue even at this point the new Strawhats would be somewhere around his power level. (Well, the stronger ones)

How do we know the extent of Moria's powers? I mean, to me it really seemed he was among the weakest threats (just power wise) on the Grandline, Wapol not withstanding. Yeah, he has potential if he gets enough support and time and whatnot but his one-on-one battle strength always seemed underwhelming to me.

Yeah, apparently I forgot half of the arc, my bad Well, then maybe we can see them again, though I think it would be weird for them to join an evil (pirate) group now/again.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Banned

As I said, Enel is probably the one hardest to put down. Yeah, he potentially has the same power level as Kizaru but just the range of your DF powers is not that great an indicator. Luffy has some stupid rubber powers and... well, you get my point. I'm not saying he couldn't possibly pose a threat (to anyone but Luffy) but 500 Mio is not that much more than what Luffy used to have so I'd argue even at this point the new Strawhats would be somewhere around his power level. (Well, the stronger ones)
    Not much more?! It's almost twice Luffy's bounty!

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Not much more?! It's almost twice Luffy's bounty!
    Well, it depends on what you consider much I'll admit. Yeah, 500 and 300 is quite a difference but I'd assume Luffy's power has more grown in the dimension of five or ten folding. Though, then again maybe I'm too used to DBZ power scales where your increases much faster than a bounty does.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Banned

Well, it depends on what you consider much I'll admit. Yeah, 500 and 300 is quite a difference but I'd assume Luffy's power has more grown in the dimension of five or ten folding. Though, then again maybe I'm too used to DBZ power scales where your increases much faster than a bounty does.
    Bounty is not a power scale anyway but I understand your reasoning.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

New episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Am i the only one who think its his own heart that Ceasar is holding in his hand now?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, this could also go in the Naruto thread, but anyway...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rk-next-summer

---

Also, anybody want to dress like Sanji?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-sale-in-japan
    Last edited by Somewhere; 2012-12-18 at 01:00 PM.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Well, this could also go in the Naruto thread, but anyway...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rk-next-summer
    Shounen Jump is the japanese Disney!?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Also, anybody want to dress like Sanji?
    YES PLEASE! This is awsome

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    New episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Am i the only one who think its his own heart that Ceasar is holding in his hand now?
    Nah gotta be...

Spoiler
    Show
    Monet's heart. Remember Law had from his pact with Caesar, we've not seen it and she's about to do something dangerous.

Doubtless the plan was taking it back from Caesar after Luffy bitch smacked him, and use it for just such an eventuality as Law knew Monet would do much what she's doing. But it working out this way is doubtlessly Luffy's luck at work once more.

Law never got Caesar's heart, if he had it would have been a lot simpler no?

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hmm, yeah that does seem logical, i would have imagined Law swiping the heart of Ceasar, but it being Monets heart does make more sense.
    Now to see if having your heart crushed is actualy fatal to a Logia user
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Of course it is, they die of a broken heart.

I'm told that pun alone has just raised my bounty by 10 million berri.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm, yeah that does seem logical, i would have imagined Law swiping the heart of Ceasar, but it being Monets heart does make more sense.
    Now to see if having your heart crushed is actualy fatal to a Logia user
    considering Smoker's reaction to having his heart cut out I would assume yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Of course it is, they die of a broken heart.

I'm told that pun alone has just raised my bounty by 10 million berri.
    I just now notice the hidden text. I was about to say something along these lines

Anyway, I thought the same as khaine at first, except I'd assume you notice when you have your heart cut out, even by Law. But Soras is more likely right.

It's nice to see Franky in action... but... throwing a shield with a star shape on it as a boomerang?! Really, Oda? REALLY?

Monet seems to be a quite dedicated bitch, though... I wonder why that is but I guess we won't be finding out.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

I just now notice the hidden text. I was about to say something along these lines
    It will get you every time.

It's nice to see Franky in action... but... throwing a shield with a star shape on it as a boomerang?! Really, Oda? REALLY?
    I think One Piece has looong passed the point where anything should surprise you.

(And Franky is a the good ol' USA's representative on the Straw Hats)

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

to be fair, he only called it a boomerang. The reaction seems to indicate that this is Franky's innacurate/silly attack naming scheme at work,where he calls it a boomerang, but its just that he threw the shield