New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: All The Kings Men... (Dark*Matter IC)

Michael takes advantage of the momentary pause to glance around at the security sytem again discreetly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Question of the moment is there any hint as to how recently the system was installed?
    Perception - (1d20)[3]
    I am on a ROLL!
    Last edited by Mordaenor; 2011-01-17 at 12:22 PM.
    O! For a muse of Fire!

Maxwell Stark

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Curiosity obviously piqued, Isaac address Mr. Jackson, “Treaty with family? These… uh, faeries claimed to have dealt with your family before?”

Spoiler
    Show
    Interview - (1d20)[17] - Situation - (1d4)[2] = 15 (fail)

Assuming Empathy is granting its -1 step bonus. If the situation should be different, go ahead to modify.
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2011-01-17 at 07:51 PM.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    your empathy is alright, remember that you spend energy each time you use an ability. As it is, you've used 5 points out of... 5. That was your last empathy check until you recover energy points. I've looked back, and that's the first time you've used 'em all.

@Mordaenor The security system appears to be from a setup popular two or three years ago, and looks to have been in place for some time.

@Everyone

"It's the first I'd ever heard about it. I'm... well, I was orphaned fairly young, fostered... I looked up my family history once, for a lark, but didn't get beyond my grandparents. If you think it's of any use, I'll make you a copy of the basic family tree." he turns around, calmer, and his voice is quiet. "Now, please... what are you going to do? They want to meet with me in three days time... I... I don't know what to do here."
    Pembrokeshire: A place where madness is an aid, not only to gainful employment, but continued existence.

"Wizards... the class everyone whines about, but I destroy whenever I feel like it"
    - Darkpuppy, on Wizards in his DnD games.

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

All The Kings Men IC (DEAD)
    All The Kings Men OOC (DEAD)

4. - Top - End - #274

HalflingPirate

"What are we going to do, Mr. Jackson? Quite simply, we are going to get help you find your son. Now, if don't mind I'd like to bring the security camera footage back with us. Yes, I know you said nothing was caught by the cameras, but maybe our people can find something yours didn't. A copy of that family tree would be helpful too, I think." Michael is completely making this up as he goes along, but the tactician in him is already forming some ideas.
    Last edited by Mordaenor; 2011-01-20 at 09:30 AM.
    O! For a muse of Fire!

Maxwell Stark

5. - Top - End - #275
    Halfling in the Playground

"Mr. Jackson," Nguyen Nguyen begins, "A few questions, if I may. How and where did these faeries contact you the first time? Did they leave you any means of contacting them? Where do they plan to meet you in three days time?"

Between each question she allows Mr. Jackson to answer before the next, so as not to assail him with inquiries.
    "Everyone may be ordinary, but they're not normal."
    — Haruki Murakami

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Mr. Jackson nods. "Yeah... yeah, I'll have copies of the raw footage sent to your hotel, along with that family tree." he seems a little calmer now, and your resolution appears to have strengthened his nerve.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reaction is now Friendly, with all bonuses that that implies in future.

Listening calmly to each of Dr. Thao's questions, he answers each question as calmly as possible. "The first time... it... it isn't too clear, but I remember it was as we were surveying the site, the day after my son went missing. I was worried as hell, because the police weren't being too helpful." he laughs ruefully "The police aren't exactly the biggest supporters of this plan, for some reason. So, yeah, we were surveying the site, and then my surveyor just... spaced out, and these... guys, gals? I'm not sure... Can't remember what they looked like... stepped out, and gave me their demands. They left no means of contacting me, just said 'You have a week to decide... your son... or your filthy construct.' ... I'm assuming they mean the proposed site, it's a small wood on the outskirts of the city, but not considered greenbelt..."
    Last edited by darkpuppy; 2011-01-25 at 12:28 PM.
    Pembrokeshire: A place where madness is an aid, not only to gainful employment, but continued existence.

"Wizards... the class everyone whines about, but I destroy whenever I feel like it"

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

7. - Top - End - #277

HalflingPirate

Michael has know futher questions for Mr. Jackson, and looks to his companions to see if any of them have further comment. "Colleagues, perhaps a visit to the construction site might be in order."
    O! For a muse of Fire!

Maxwell Stark

8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground

Nguyen Nguyen nods thoughtfully while Mr. Jackson answers her questions. When he has finished she thanks him and says to Michael and the team, "I'm ready when you are."
    "Everyone may be ordinary, but they're not normal."
    — Haruki Murakami

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

April 1st, 2010, 15:37

The wood is only a short drive from the house, but the group have had to make their way on foot to get to the actual site, and the wood is both moderately thick, with only a few paths. It is a beautiful sight, but also much darker than it should be, considering the time, and the beauty of the place is marred by various markers placed, presumably by the surveying crew.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to ask questions, make rolls, etc... investigation time!

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

10. - Top - End - #280

HalflingPirate

Michael wastes no time in drawing both his dagger and his combat knife. He then begins inspecting the ground and trees for signs of passage.
    O! For a muse of Fire!

Maxwell Stark

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Michael is somewhat astonished to find that, despite being very close to the survey area (construction has not yet begun), the only footprints to be placed recently are... the group's... Yet he does not recall walking this particular path before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival roll to determine any signs of passage, and the WIL rolls are... Isaac = (1d20)[4] (Success). H-Bear = (1d20)[11] (Failure). and Dr. Thao = (1d20)[10] (Failure). All those marked success have a 1 step penalty to mental skills for the current scene, and have a chance of hallucinating.
    Last edited by darkpuppy; 2011-02-11 at 01:09 AM.

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

12. - Top - End - #282

HalflingPirate

Michael stares at the footprints, not believing what he's seeing. He looks at his own combat boots, then back at the prints. "Nguyen, Isaac, may I see your shoes for a moment?"
    Last edited by Mordaenor; 2011-02-11 at 09:12 AM.
    O! For a muse of Fire!

Maxwell Stark