New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Ah, Tekken. How long it has been. 4 years since I was really good...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Whan that Aueryłł wt his shoures soote,
    The droghte of Marcħ, hath perced to the roote;
    And bathed euery veyne in swich lycour,
    Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
    Whan zephirus eek wt his sweete breeth,
    Inspired hath in euery holt and heeth;
    The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne,
    Hath in the Ram, his half cours yronne;
    And smale foweles, maken melodye,
    That slepen al the nyght with open iye;
    So priketh hem nature, in hir corages,
    Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrymages;
    And Palmeres for to seeken straunge strondes,
    To ferne halwes, kouthe in sondry londes;
    And specially, from euery shyres ende,
    Of Engelond to Caunterbury they wende;
    The holy blisful martir for to seke,
    That hem hath holpen whan şt they weere seeke.
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

3. - Top - End - #693

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It does. I have to stab the keyboard so hard you can hear the thack! in the next room. Not to mention it's got to be in the perfect spot.

I can type a 'J', but it's easier to go I/i when everyone knows (or can extrapolate) why I'm typing the way I type.
    Ah. That mildly sucks, but I imagine, unless you replace the key soon, you might be forever typing words with 'i's instead of 'j's!

I think it's cool typing like that. It completely fits who you are.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

You could also activate the onscreen keyboard and just click j when the need arrives.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #695

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You could also activate the onscreen keyboard and just click j when the need arrives.
    I still think just typing 'i' is better than any work-around. It has the "Curly is awesome, and does English better than you" factor.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I still think just typing 'i' is better than any work-around. It has the "Curly is awesome, and does English better than you" factor.
    work smarter, not harder :)
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

7. - Top - End - #697

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    Whan that Aueryłł wt his shoures soote,
    The droghte of Marcħ, hath perced to the roote;
    And bathed euery veyne in swich lycour,
    Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
    Whan zephirus eek wt his sweete breeth,
    Inspired hath in euery holt and heeth;
    The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne,
    Hath in the Ram, his half cours yronne;
    And smale foweles, maken melodye,
    That slepen al the nyght with open iye;
    So priketh hem nature, in hir corages,
    Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrymages;
    And Palmeres for to seeken straunge strondes,
    To ferne halwes, kouthe in sondry londes;
    And specially, from euery shyres ende,
    Of Engelond to Caunterbury they wende;
    The holy blisful martir for to seke,
    That hem hath holpen whan şt they weere seeke.
    The opening to the General Prologue of The Canterbury Tales written c.1340 in the East Midlands dialect. This dialect is what will form the foundation for written and spoken English from then on thanks to mass copying by scribes and later printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Ah. That mildly sucks, but I imagine, unless you replace the key soon, you might be forever typing words with 'i's instead of 'j's!

I think it's cool typing like that. It completely fits who you are.
    I'm working ever-so slowly on my holiday for university, it's been happening on occasion.
    I can limit it to iust this place though, I've got to keep a separate idiolect for here is all.
    Thanks for the compliment by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I have no idea how to, but this dilemma will be temporary as a new laptop is what I'm getting for Christmas. I can whether out the next three or so months without a 'j' key. Iust about. When I need one I'll copy and paste one from a word document.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, internet. Sweet, bodacious internet. Three days apart is too long, how i missed you, dear.

Nonetheless, Aliens on DVR and two unread Pratchett books certainly made the time apart less unbearable. WHERE MAH RANDOMS AT?

9. - Top - End - #699

I have no idea how to, but this dilemma will be temporary as a new laptop is what I'm getting for Christmas. I can whether out the next three or so months without a 'j' key. Iust about. When I need one I'll copy and paste one from a word document.
    Or you could just get an external USB keyboard. It won't be a waste as regular keyboards are better for typing and you can use it on your new laptop.

Three months is quite a lot, I would really suggest the USB keyboard.

To use the onscreen keyboard is simple. It is either installed by default or can be installed through the Control Panel (it would be under Accessibility Options in Windows Components, iirc). What operating system are you using? If it's Vista or 7, try typing keyboard in the search bar on the Start Menu.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Wow. I have just come back from an evening/morning with Miss ToxiKaT and Mr Nameless.

It was awesome. It's now 10 to 6 in the morning and I feel pretty awake so I just felt I'd post here.

Also, hopefully there will be a video of me and ToxiKat singing Time Warp at the karaoke thing. Filmed by Nameless of course.

11. - Top - End - #701

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, well it's quite simple. Apparently the Honey People teamed up with Ants in the Shape of Carl Weathers' Face to aid some assassins from the Indian subcontinent in their quest to Velayutham,vijay,vfxaravind,vijayupdates,aru456

That's really all there is to say on the matter.
    Last edited by Phase; 2010-09-12 at 01:41 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703

And he just happened to channel Ezio's spirit and costume?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. Indian Carl Weathers works in mysterious ways.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioned View Post
    Wow. I have just come back from an evening/morning with Miss ToxiKaT and Mr Nameless.

It was awesome. It's now 10 to 6 in the morning and I feel pretty awake so I just felt I'd post here.

Also, hopefully there will be a video of me and ToxiKat singing Time Warp at the karaoke thing. Filmed by Nameless of course.
    I would've gone along with you, but I had university and college work to do, was insanely worn out from literally drumming all day, and had a driving lesson the next morning. And besides, I'd spent Friday with you guys and I might have died of FUN.

Speaking of driving lesson, there was a particularly fun moment during my lesson today. When you turn onto the A13 at 50 miles an hour, you don't exactly expect to see A FREAKING GREYHOUND casually walking down the motorway towards you. I had to do a DRAMATIC SWERVE to avoid it. It was a major 'wut' moment.

ION: I love my band so much. Walked into a café after practice yesterday with our instruments to get a bite to eat, and the owner of the café asked what we played. He then started playing this CD of Arabic beats and produced a keyboard and some djembés, and we ended up sparking a huge Arabic jam session, just in the middle of this random chippy in Dagenham, with strangers joining in on the djembés and dancing and everything. It was amazing.
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snares View Post
    ION: I love my band so much. Walked into a café after practice yesterday with our instruments to get a bite to eat, and the owner of the café asked what we played. He then started playing this CD of Arabic beats and produced a keyboard and some djembés, and we ended up sparking a huge Arabic jam session, just in the middle of this random chippy in Dagenham, with strangers joining in on the djembés and dancing and everything. It was amazing.
    ...I gotta learn to play something already.

Actually, my acoustic is in tune now, so I just need to buy some replacement tuning pegs. And turns out I've got a ukulele for my birthday which just needs to be tuned, and I can pick up some backup strings for both soon. No reason not to learn now.

Along those lines, charity shop has a Ryder electric guitar for £90, brand new. Is that a good price?
    Last edited by Jibar; 2010-09-12 at 11:05 AM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

17. - Top - End - #707

I would honestly rank My Immortal over Critical Anthology for OCR AS English Literature in terms of writing. At least My Immortal was somewhat engaging! Never have I seen so many pages wasted on "Novels can begin and end in different places. There are lots of different kinds of irony. Oh, and people can write from different perspectives."

For a book about analysis of engaging stories, it's ironically very dull.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

18. - Top - End - #708
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    ...I gotta learn to play something already.

Actually, my acoustic is in tune now, so I just need to buy some replacement tuning pegs. And turns out I've got a ukulele for my birthday which just needs to be tuned, and I can pick up some backup strings for both soon. No reason not to learn now.

Along those lines, charity shop has a Ryder electric guitar for £90, brand new. Is that a good price?
    Never heard of Ryder before. My advice for buying musical equipment tends to be 'just try it out'. It's pretty important to have an instrument you feel comfortable with, and even if it's cheap, if you feel comfortable playing it, it's worth getting. My hi-hats were very cheap - so cheap they were free, in fact - but I've kept using them because they don't sound bad and I like the feel of them (though I'm going to have to replace them soon, seeing as how a huge crack has developed in the top hat and a piece has splintered off...). Just ask to try it out and see if you like it. Also, I've looked around for information on Ryder guitars, and the charity itself appears to make the guitars, so I'm not sure how good it'll be. Still best to try it though.

I would also advise you to look around a bit, both round shops in your area and on the internet. The guitarist in my band managed to pick up a new seven-string Schecter for a little over £200 when most places had it closer to £600 or £700.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I would honestly rank My Immortal over Critical Anthology for OCR AS English Literature in terms of writing. At least My Immortal was somewhat engaging! Never have I seen so many pages wasted on "Novels can begin and end in different places. There are lots of different kinds of irony. Oh, and people can write from different perspectives."

For a book about analysis of engaging stories, it's ironically very dull.
    When done badly, education manages to make the most exciting things seem boring...
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

19. - Top - End - #709

Oh lawd.
    Little Sister is a moron.
    She didn't clean out the onion pan properly, and then mum made gravy in it. For our roast dinner.
    The grvy is disgusting, she has ruined the meal.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #710
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oh lawd.
    She didn't clean out the onion pan properly, and then mum made gravy in it. For our roast dinner.
    How did she clean it out improperly in such a way that anything other than negligence on your mother's part allowed her to go forward with it?

It sounds like there were two failures at play there. More if the kid thought she was doing it properly.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-12 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #711

How did she clean it out improperly in such a way that anything other than negligence on your mother's part allowed her to go forward with it?

It sounds like there were two failures at play there. More if the kid thought she was doing it properly.
    You have to soak the pan thoroughly in hot water for an hour before even scrubbing it.
    And you scrub it twice to get all the onion out.

Little Sister only treated it as a normal onionless pan.

So it was clean and shny, but the smell and taste of onions stayed. Mum has a bad cold at the moment, so she couldn't smell it. But she could taste it when she tasted the gravy.
    ANd we had oniony gravy for roast chicken etc.. Not nice.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh lawd.
    Perfectly good gravy ruined by onions

23. - Top - End - #713

Little Sister only treated it as a normal onionless pan.

So it was clean and shny, but the smell and taste of onions stayed. Mum has a bad cold at the moment, so she couldn't smell it. But she could taste it when she tasted the gravy.
    ANd we had oniony gravy for roast chicken etc.. Not nice.
    I fail to see how onion could make the flavor of roast chicken worse.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #714

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Perfectly good gravy ruined by onions
    Exactly! And mum makes great gravy. I don't really like onions at the best of time, unless they're caramelised, so it was a bit gukky.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    All things are subiective, and mum has a special touch with chicken. I'll take hers over dad's any day.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

All things are subiective
    Oh really? That's interesting. Or is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh lawd.
    If it's any consolation, I made my family's roast dinner today and it was delicious.

ION:
    I've just been given a ton of accommodation forms to fill out and get to Cornwall by Wednesday.
    In an era in which the Post Office has gotten so bad that it needs to be privatised, the prospect of getting these forms there in time is not a happy one. Now I'm probably going to have to pay over the odds to get them there.

Bah, humbug.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I fail to see how onion could make the flavour of any meal better.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

28. - Top - End - #718

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Oh really? That's interesting. Or is it?
    Makes for good arguments and controversial statements. Like this: I honestly do not like the Harry Potter books.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    If it's any consolation, I made my family's roast dinner today and it was delicious.
    No consolation, but I'm glad you had an edible dinner.
    I miss the Sunday roast. Today was not the Sunday roast. It was upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    ION:
    I've just been given a ton of accommodation forms to fill out and get to Cornwall by Wednesday.
    In an era in which the Post Office has gotten so bad that it needs to be privatised, the prospect of getting these forms there in time is not a happy one. Now I'm probably going to have to pay over the odds to get them there.

Bah, humbug.
    I find the postal service isn't all that bad.
    Post them tomorrow before lunch and they should be in Cornwall by Tuesday. Seriously, it's nowhere near as bad as everyone thinks. It's not perfect, certainly no, but it's still not bad.

Here's to you getting good first year digs.

Also: eighteen days to go . . .

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Makes for good arguments and controversial statements. Like this: I honestly do not like the Harry Potter books.
    I have lost all respect for Koorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

On the bright side, your health is probably better off without the gravy, Koorly. (doo doo, do do do doo doo, etc.)
    Whereas I have just gained respectometer ratings for Koorly.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-12 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide