New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I do sometimes mix up the Modern Maior-General patter and the Matter patter in my head. The introductions are very similar.
    While they might deny it, I think their opinions are definitely coloured by some of the issues they've had with this production in particular.
    Also actually, Ruddigore, however you do it, isn't great to rehearse, because you're inevitably going to spend a fair amoun tof time sitting around doing nothing. So I can kind of see their point about it being in some ways better to watch than to be in.
    And I had much the same experience with Discworld. Even the most recent time I re-read all the books, iust a couple of years ago, I was finding there were iokes which I was sure I hadn't got before.
    Well, I've only been in choruses, so I'm used to the waiting around, doing nothing; but the talks from the society have said the waiting can get a little tedious, especially for the chorus of ghosts.
    As far as age enabling one to understand iokes you haven't got before; I have an embarrassing one.
    I was about sixteen, rereading Lords and Ladies for the nth time, when I suddenly got the "Of course, this is a phallusy." line. Talk about getting the ioke late. Especially when I knew what both the words meant and their pronounciation.

Sooner or later this will iust happen, since sometimes RB does move really fast. Especially when it gets onto subiects of interest to the regulars.
    This is true. We can't help it, even though by the time we end up typing out all our responses to a quotestorm the banter has progressed probbaly another three-quarters of a page.
    And wasn't there an RB back where we went through all fifty pages in something like five to eight days?

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Damn it... now i've got "Hey Jude" in my head...

Curse you Curly.
    a plague on both... no never mind!
    At least it's a good song. ANd yep, 'tis a good idea your not cursing both our houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Also: when DO you sleep Curly?
    I have no need for sleep. I replenish my energy by reading!
    Truthfully?
    I don't. I nap.
    After the usual couple of hours trying to get to sleep, I sleep between seven and ten. Then maybe from twelve to two or three in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You know, reading one of Curly's posts can be so iarring.
    I know, but it'll only last until Christmas Day/Boxing Day, and then the iays will be coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    It's coz Curly is most talented in the scarifying arts.
    Thank you.
    I think it has something to do with all the unusual things I've read. Scewed views on life follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    The further southeast you are, the more English you are, and therefore the more right you are. Suffolk is further southeast than Newcastle therefore it's more right.

FACT.
    But I'm reall far south-west. Thirty miles further south-west and I'd be in the Scillies!
    Am I really, really unEnglish and wrong then?

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    Good to know. I can now enjoy being the rightest frequenter of RB.

Mmm. Extremists can take any benevolent cause and ruin it for everybody else.
    I'm tempted to try and become one of those boring masculinsts. [/reference] They need someone to stand up for them nowadays.

Of course, when Curly does it. When I do it I get carried away, so it's far better for me personally to demolish the subject of my ire with logic and sense.
    Seeing as we've never seen you on a rant, we can't truly iudge you on your passion and skill.
    I tend to think I'm too verbose, so I enioy the compact rant, but it takes some talent to pull off.

While I don't substitute jays for ies, the two letters were interchangeable a few centuries ago (and for many in the countryside, a century-and-a-half ago), so I don't find it jarring at all.
    Perhaps I should start littering my posts with long esses and see how people react.
    If you did that, I think I'd have to kiss you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #842

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    But I'm reall far south-west. Thirty miles further south-west and I'd be in the Scillies!
    Oh no, it's okay, north is worth about five times as much as west when calculating your wrongity.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #843

Well, I've only been in choruses, so I'm used to the waiting around, doing nothing; but the talks from the society have said the waiting can get a little tedious, especially for the chorus of ghosts.
    Well it's particularly because the male and female choruses are almost never onstage at the same time. So even if you're only rehearsing chorus stuff you're still waiting around a lot of the time.

This is true. We can't help it, even though by the time we end up typing out all our responses to a quotestorm the banter has progressed probbaly another three-quarters of a page.
    Hence why I often preview my quotestorms before posting them, to make sure no-one has posted anything else I want to respond to.

This is now the gospel truth of the Church of Curly.

Truthfully?
    I don't. I nap.
    After the usual couple of hours trying to get to sleep, I sleep between seven and ten. Then maybe from twelve to two or three in the afternoon.
    You're weird. Weeeeiiiirrrdd.

But I'm real far south-west. Thirty miles further south-west and I'd be in the Scillies!
    If you're considered wrong I can't see why anyone would want to be right.

So now we know the way to Koorly's heart...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Hence why I often preview my quotestorms before posting them, to make sure no-one has posted anything else I want to respond to.
    I've hit the preview, added some quotes/responses based on that, and hit the preview again to find more responses. My record, though, was once when I heavily researched my reply only to find that two whole pages had gone by, and the original argument had long since ceased.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

5. - Top - End - #845

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    I've hit the preview, added some quotes/responses based on that, and hit the preview again to find more responses. My record, though, was once when I heavily researched my reply only to find that two whole pages had gone by, and the original argument had long since ceased.
    I've had similar experiences, but not two whole pages going by.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #846

Oh no, it's okay, north is worth about five times as much as west when calculating your wrongity.
    That's a little better, it means I'm only one-fifth as wrong as someone from Oop North, but twice as wrong as someone from the south-east then.

Well it's particularly because the male and female choruses are almost never onstage at the same time. So even if you're only rehearsing chorus stuff you're still waiting around a lot of the time.
    Yep, so much hanging around for a couple of minutes of singing, hanging around some more.

True, except Pyrian speaks the truth:

This is now the gospel truth of the Church of Curly.
    Little bit.

You're weird. Weeeeiiiirrrdd.
    It's what happens when I get carried away doing something else at night. After a while my 'sleep cycle' becomes more normal.

Yup. I have strange pathways to my oddly inaccessibly accessible heart. There are always weirder ones though.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

And this is all a good example of why I've just given up on following Random Banter.

Entering only to prove Dogmantra wrong occasionally.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

8. - Top - End - #848
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

And wasn't there an RB back where we went through all fifty pages in something like five to eight days?
    Afaik one of the first few RBs lasted a few hours.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

9. - Top - End - #849
    Bugbear in the Playground

Truthfully?
    I don't. I nap.
    That makes my 'go to sleep once tired, and wake up once I'm not' routine seem perfectly dull by comparison.

And that would truly be Scilly.

Seeing as we've never seen you on a rant, we can't truly iudge you on your passion and skill.
    I tend to think I'm too verbose, so I enioy the compact rant, but it takes some talent to pull off.
    My general rule is 'concision and concinnity go hand in hand', lest I let prolixity overwhelm my posts.
    That's why my responses are almost always briefer than yours.

A ſuperbly ſtupendous, ſeemingly ſublime and ſupremely and ſearingly ſuperb diſcovery has been made. I ſhall put it to ſatiſfactory uſe poſthaſte. Bleſsed be the long eſses!
    :ſmallcool:
    Last edited by Fifty-Eyed Fred; 2010-09-14 at 01:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: ^ I'm officially beginning the countdown to this thread being entirely illegible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Afaik one of the first few RBs lasted a few hours.
    The archives only seem to go back to #85.
    Last edited by Pyrian; 2010-09-14 at 02:06 PM.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT: ^ I'm officially beginning the countdown to this thread being entirely illegible. The archives only seem to go back to #85.
    But...

What...

My thread!

The greatest simu-ninjaing of all time lost to the forum archive eater!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

12. - Top - End - #852

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    But...

What...

My thread!

The greatest simu-ninjaing of all time lost to the forum archive eater!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I mourn my thread as well. Not that I remember it really. It lasted about three days and it was before I had frequent internet access. I think I posted in it about twice.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

13. - Top - End - #853

That's a little better, it means I'm only one-fifth as wrong as someone from Oop North, but twice as wrong as someone from the south-east then.
    I still maintain that Dogmantra is far more wrong than you or I.

Yep, so much hanging around for a couple of minutes of singing, hanging around some more.
    Didn't help our musical director always started from the beginning and worked his way through. So, every music rehearsal the men were sitting around for most of the first half of the rehearsal until we got to Welcome gentry.
    Once I was cast as Sir Roderic I could've iust started turning up about half an hour before the end if I'd wanted to...

Little bit.
    "As it is written, so it is read to the glory of the Goddess, so it is." Thufir, III, vi.

Yup. I have strange pathways to my oddly inaccessibly accessible heart. There are always weirder ones though.
    Such as? *Produces notebook and pencil*

And this is all a good example of why I've just given up on following Random Banter.

That makes my 'go to sleep once tired, and wake up once I'm not' routine seem perfectly dull by comparison.
    For a while during the last year, I was attempting to follow a sleep pattern whereby most of my days went 18 hours up, 8 hours in bed, with a short sunday and small adiustments to allow for actual day lengths and my various activities. It worked pretty well, when I stuck to it.

And that would truly be Scilly.
    Stop that! It's Scilly! Very Scilly indeed.

A ſuperbly ſtupendous, ſeemingly ſublime and ſupremely and ſearingly ſuperb diſcovery has been made. I ſhall put it to ſatiſfactory uſe poſthaſte. Bleſsed be the long eſses!
    I don't know how to do those...

The archives only seem to go back to #85.

ION: For some reason,my word document of potential sig-quotes contains this: [QUOTE=CurlyKitGirl;9121643]
    But no actual quote. Iust the opening quote-tag. The post in question is this one. I'm guessing I put it in because of my dream, but I can't think why I'd remove the entirety of the actual quote, and the closing quote-tag.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

You people talk so much and so fast! By the time I've read and thought of a response or comment there's another couple posts, all the same huge size!
    It's like if you were told you had to wrestle a shark whenever you wanted breakfast, and they just kept releasing sharks each time you beat one. Kinda makes you think how much you really want that breakfast.
    Nothing but a Nobody

15. - Top - End - #855

You people talk so much and so fast! By the time I've read and thought of a response or comment there's another couple posts, all the same huge size!
    It's like if you were told you had to wrestle a shark whenever you wanted breakfast, and they just kept releasing sharks each time you beat one. Kinda makes you think how much you really want that breakfast.
    All builds up your ability to read, think and type quickly.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

All builds up your ability to read, think and type quickly.
    I'm an English student and a gamer. I do that anyway.
    That would be more like wrestling a shark for superpowers. Totally worth it and fun.
    This is more like wrestling a shark so you can sit on a chair. It's meant to be downtime.
    Frankly, I don't understand how you guys do it.
    Nothing but a Nobody

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

The only white kids I see in textbooks are handicapped. ._.
    ____

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Any American Playgrounder know if there's store where I can RENT a Nintendo DS/Lite/i
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know if there are any, you could take naughty pictures before you sent it back...
    ____

20. - Top - End - #860
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Any American Playgrounder know if there's store where I can RENT a Nintendo DS/Lite/i
    Try a library? I know some Australian libraries will let you borrow a DS Lite (but won't let you take it out of the library, you have to play it while you're there) and games.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I don't know if there are any, you could take naughty pictures before you sent it back...
    The DS and DS Lite don't have a camera.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, well then Gamestop maybe.
    ____

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Try a library? I know some Australian libraries will let you borrow a DS Lite (but won't let you take it out of the library, you have to play it while you're there) and games.
    Well, my Library does (or did, I'm not sure, they may have stopped) but you can only have it for half an hour, and what I plan on doing could take a good while.

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Is there any chance you have a friend you could pester? I can't think of stores that'd lend it.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    Is there any chance you have a friend you could pester? I can't think of stores that'd lend it.
    Oh my God. I feel like I should go into the corner and die now. Seriously, that never occured to me.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

If you don't, there's another option.

Purchase a second hand DS/Lite/i. When you're done with it, sell it or trade it in. Practically the same as renting.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Purchase a second hand DS/Lite/i. When you're done with it, sell it or trade it in. Practically the same as renting.
    Don't think so. I'll just bug some friends. Not sure that'll work though.

27. - Top - End - #867

Welp, someone's getting a kiss.
    *kiss*

ION:
    Iust got back from walking the dogs for nearly two hours.
    It is black as pitch out.
    Luckily I managed to avoid the horses by pure luck and never blinking.

But lor' Little Brother has size eleven feet. That's four sizes bigger than mine! I was practically swimming in those boots.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #868

Am I the only one that read this with a lisp?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

do any of you guys know any ways of protection agains evil spirits/demons? my friends and i are holding a seance in it's kinda freaking me out
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Am I the only one that read this with a lisp?
    No, you aren't.