New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    That sounds unpleasant.
    I was apparently mean to her brother.
    I don't even know who she is.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    I was apparently mean to her brother.
    I don't even know who she is.
    Recognize the last name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also, I got a random abusive facebook message from someone. The hell? I don't even know her!
    Completely bamboozle her by asking her out?

Or just quietly delete her message and block her.

Still though. How did you end up there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, that's pretty strange. On a brighter note, going to yet ANOTHER free concert tomorrow. I love Toronto. Sooo much.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    See, Cereal is a snack you can have before, during, or after a meal.
    What if all you have is cereal, milk, and a bunch of stuff you have to cook. And your too lazy to cook a good 78% of the time.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

My new physics teacher is now officially crazy. He's leading electricity directly from the power outlet, into a pretty unprotected transformator, where he increases the induction 50 times and uses it to melt an iron nail. On the other hand, physics has never been this exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ION: Our leaves are starting to cover the ground. Come mid-October, it will be time for me to earn my keep around here.

*puts on serious face*

Leaves, you shall be RAKED. Yes, it is a little sad that this is the exciting highlight of my life. D:
    Uhm, last time I checked it was still middle/end September. These different time zones always throws me off the track, though...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    What if all you have is cereal, milk, and a bunch of stuff you have to cook. And your too lazy to cook a good 78% of the time.
    Cereal is almost always a dessert. Having a dessert for breakfast is not that unusual. I've had donuts for breakfast before. There are exceptions, but when I walk down a cereal aisle and see Choco-Donuts Cereal, Count Chocula, Lucky Charms, Cookie Crisp, Reese's Puffs, Oero Os, ect... It's clear that the "part" of this complete breakfast is the "dessert" part. If it's a cereal that is healthy... (From that small section on the far end of the aisle, usually with pictures of old people on the box), then it's a meal, sure.

Granted, a lot of what I eat and call a meal has no real nutritional value either...

-----

On the topic of milk though... I need milk SO bad right now... It's 3:30am here and I have no way to get any. We've been out of milk for a couple days now, but those who have cars have been too busy to stop to buy any. Need... Milk... Now... If I at least had soda, I could stave off the need for a bit. There's just water. Water doesn't clear the acid out of my throat like milk or soda. Water doesn't satisfy my thirst like milk or soda. Water doesn't help me to fall asleep or wake up like milk or soda. I can't just down a quart of water like nothing like I can with milk. And water doesn't have all the nutrition of milk, which just might be my only source of protein.

I'm going to go eat cheese... By itself... Better than nothing.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-09-23 at 02:34 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, I got a random abusive facebook message from someone. The hell? I don't even know her!
    I got a text once from a number I didn't know saying "you look gay". If it was someone I know, then I have no idea how they got my number. If it was someone spamming random numbers, how do they know I look gay?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Bugbear in the Playground

The best message on my Facebook is from some madman I don't know, who honestly looks homeless, and he had this to say to me:
    was born in england but I'm half Irish & half French- **** this 'British' ****, eh! :D
    That's going to get wordfiltered. And no, I really have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I got a text once from a number I didn't know saying "you look gay". If it was someone I know, then I have no idea how they got my number. If it was someone spamming random numbers, how do they know I look gay?
    This time, the similar happenstance was a masterfully crafted insult of tremendous power directed at a friend:
    Hey James you sound gay, oh wait, you are gay.
    He's not gay, but the chap insulting him is.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Banned

The sentiment of "the oppressive British Empire can go die in a fire" is a friendly Irish greeting. In fact, that it was sent to a self-identified "English" person, a beneficiary of the evil oppressors (are you displaying a St. George's Cross instead of the Union Jack, or what?), is very nearly cultural outreach.

Yes, breakfast food is good anytime food. It's even better when you're not stumbling around, bleary-eyed, while trying to cook it. Can savor the flavor when you're awake.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of dishwashing liquid. Few things are more demoralizing than spending all your money carefully on stocking the pantry, then realizing a few days into the regime that you have a) no food which doesn't require cooking and b) no means of cleaning the dirty pots. And if you do end up having to substitute. . .other detergents, for the love of all that's tasty rinse the dishes at least twice.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    The sentiment of "the oppressive British Empire can go die in a fire" is a friendly Irish greeting. In fact, that it was sent to a self-identified "English" person, a beneficiary of the evil oppressors (are you displaying a St. George's Cross instead of the Union Jack, or what?), is very nearly cultural outreach.
    I'm not displaying either. The closest I've ever come was the Union Flag behind Lord Nelson for Nationality Week. There's no obvious sort of reason like that on my Facebook.

I should point out that I have absolutely no idea who this chap was.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post

On the topic of milk though... [] Need... Milk... Now...
    I can so relate to that sentiment.

I probably drink too much milk as it is.
    I tend to drink milk instead of soda/fizzy drinks.

Milk is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post

Milk is good.
    Seconding this, not only as cookiemonster status but it's also my IRL oppinion.

DD is a bit tired, DD's day included interviewing mayors, negotiating with african princes and playing Bejeweled.

So, what'd you guys do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Seconding this, not only as cookiemonster status but it's also my IRL oppinion.

DD is a bit tired, DD's day included interviewing mayors, negotiating with african princes and playing Bejeweled.

So, what'd you guys do?
    I've been trying to look busy while doing very little all day.
    Exhausting work, that is.

Oh, and also trying to edjumacate a colleague that eating a can of conserved peach halves in syrup isn't supposed to be counted as one of your five a day servings of fruit.
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2010-09-23 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Mistaken identity? Somebody with a similar name? Is your public profile picture recognizable?

Oh, and also trying to edjumacate a colleague that eating a can of conserved peach halves in syrup isn't supposed to be counted as one of your five a day servings of fruit.
    Meh. Not perfect, sure, but it is fruit.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Cereal is almost always a dessert. Having a dessert for breakfast is not that unusual. I've had donuts for breakfast before. There are exceptions, but when I walk down a cereal aisle and see Choco-Donuts Cereal, Count Chocula, Lucky Charms, Cookie Crisp, Reese's Puffs, Oero Os, ect... It's clear that the "part" of this complete breakfast is the "dessert" part. If it's a cereal that is healthy... (From that small section on the far end of the aisle, usually with pictures of old people on the box), then it's a meal, sure.

Granted, a lot of what I eat and call a meal has no real nutritional value either...
    I guess it depends on what cereal you buy. I have Mini Wheats and Honey Nut Cheerios. I think those would qualify as breakfast rather than dessert

^^ I've honed the my skills in looking busy to the point that it's an art form.

That's exactly what I had this morning. Of course its a serving of fruit, I hope.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-09-23 at 09:41 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    I have Mini Wheats and Honey Nut Cheerios. I think those would qualify as breakfast rather than dessert
    Mini Wheats: kinda sorta. Honey Nut Cheerios: definitely dessert.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Err. It's 5 serves of veg, but only two of fruit.

http://www.gofor2and5.com.au/

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

I'm learning programming. After a lot of trial and error, I managed to write an almost flawless code to determine the number of times a letter combination appears within a string. I also know how to remove the last flaw in the code which I'm aware of at the time being.

I find programming to be great fun, although it can be a bit frustrating when you don't understand the cause of an error. I guess I'll have to learn to cope with that, though.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Mini Wheats: kinda sorta. Honey Nut Cheerios: definitely dessert.
    Then I've been eating them at the wrong time of the day. Thanks foor setting me straight

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post

Hmm, that may be a problem because its been quite a while since I've had a vegetable... don't look at me like that, grocery shopping is hard
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-09-23 at 10:00 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1341

Err, you might want to fix your quotes. I most definitely did not say:

Then I've been eating them at the wrong time of the day. Thanks foor setting me straight
    That looks more like your reply to Pyrian

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Troll in the Playground

I'm learning programming. After a lot of trial and error, I managed to write an almost flawless code to determine the number of times a letter combination appears within a string. I also know how to remove the last flaw in the code which I'm aware of at the time being.

I find programming to be great fun, although it can be a bit frustrating when you don't understand the cause of an error. I guess I'll have to learn to cope with that, though.
    There is a general method for programming.

->Make a plan for what you need to code.

->Write it out carefully, so as not to make any mistakes.

->Do
    {
    ->Find unforeseen mistake.
    ->Correct mistake.
    }While (Mistakes > 0)

->End

And generally, you never run into a program where you can skip the last step. There will always be a mistake,and you will always have to go back and fix it, usually several times, until the code works. And THEN you have to go back and find all of the mistakes that are still there when it DOES work and get rid of THOSE.

Tiring, but the effort can be quite rewarding.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

Milk is good.
    There is no such thing as drinking too much milk. I woke up this morning and there was a gallon of milk in the fridge. I just opened it and there is now about 3/4 of a gallon.

Debugging is all part of the fun. Remember, fun and frustrating are not mutually exclusive. Good luck to ya!

When giving time estimates for your code, this is a common way to account for the time debugging takes: Take how long you think it will take to write the code. Multiply by 2. Add 10%.

That should give you a good idea of much you'll still be debugging, even in the professional world.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-09-23 at 09:58 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

24. - Top - End - #1344

There is a general method for programming.

->Make a plan for what you need to code.

->Write it out carefully, so as not to make any mistakes.

->Do
    {
    ->Find unforeseen mistake.
    ->Correct mistake.
    }While (Mistakes > 0)

->End

And generally, you never run into a program where you can skip the last step. There will always be a mistake,and you will always have to go back and fix it, usually several times, until the code works. And THEN you have to go back and find all of the mistakes that are still there when it DOES work and get rid of THOSE.

Tiring, but the effort can be quite rewarding.
    I prefer Microsoft's method:

if stars == aligned
    .....work
    else if
    .....don't work
    end if

-> release

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Err, you might want to fix your quotes. I most definitely did not say:

That looks more like your reply to Pyrian
    I could have sworn you said that

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

When giving time estimates for your code, this is a common way to account for the time debugging takes: Take how long you think it will take to write the code. Multiply by 2. Add 10%.

That should give you a good idea of much you'll still be debugging, even in the professional world.
    No, no, that just gives you the time spent coding (210% of what you thought it was going to be). Debugging is on top of that.
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Troll in the Playground

Debugging is all part of the fun. Remember, fun and frustrating are not mutually exclusive. Good luck to ya!

No, no, that just gives you the time spent coding (210% of what you thought it was going to be). Debugging is on top of that.
    This is, in fact, why I decided programming really wasn't for me. Looking back though, I feel like I should have given it a little more effort. <.<; *sigh*

It will get frustrating. Much more frustrating than you expect it to get. Just try to plow through it.

I prefer Microsoft's method:

if stars == aligned
    .....work
    else if
    .....don't work
    end if

-> release
    Isn't that just the secret code they put in all of their software?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The USDA's revised pyramid, developed by Harvard's School of Public Health, disagrees. Now fruits and vegetables are grouped together and a specific number of servings is not listed because different people have different needs.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

It will get frustrating. Much more frustrating than you expect it to get.
    "I don't pay you to make it. Anybody can make it. I pay you to make it work." I've spent far too much of my career making other programmers' code work. But that's the crucible, really. Figuring stuff out - why it doesn't work, and all-too-often, how to make it work when you find out the problem isn't the implementation, it's the design, and worse (and more and more often these days) the design being fundamentally incompatible with one of the many many things it has to work with. Coding's easy, by comparison.
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't pay you to make it. Anybody can make it. I pay you to make it work." I've spent far too much of my career making other programmers' code work. But that's the crucible, really. Figuring stuff out - why it doesn't work, and all-too-often, how to make it work when you find out the problem isn't the implementation, it's the design, and worse (and more and more often these days) the design being fundamentally incompatible with one of the many many things it has to work with. Coding's easy, by comparison.
    Strange...I always felt loads more comfortable working with a chunk of code to find a bug than I did trying to make a structure on my own.

I tend to work better when given a system. <.<; I REALLY should have stuck with programming a little longer, now that I think back to it.

Well, I guess HTML is still a type of programming, even if it is softer than most.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-09-23 at 11:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show