New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Strange...I always felt loads more comfortable working with a chunk of code to find a bug than I did trying to make a structure on my own.

I tend to work better when given a system. <.<; I REALLY should have stuck with programming a little longer, now that I think back to it.

Well, I guess HTML is still a type of programming, even if it is softer than most.
    I'm the very opposite. If I can own a system, I can debug it blind. If my stuff's sufficiently separate, I can keep a full copy of my code in my head. Less looking things up... Less I need to look at at once... Less testing needed to know what the debuggers are talking about. Most of the bugs I've fixed on my current project were debugged blind. (Receive bug report, fix code, THEN test the fix. No testing at all to see the bug itself, because I didn't need to.)

This is why I'm starting to specialize in AI. AI tends to be separate enough that I'll usually have the system to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    No, no, that just gives you the time spent coding (210% of what you thought it was going to be). Debugging is on top of that.
    This has not been my experience... And that would be 220%, since the 10% is applied after doubling (10% of 200% is 20%). Usually, when I give an estimate, I've already written the code in my head as the system's intentions were being described to me. It's just a matter of transcribing.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-09-23 at 11:45 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    What if all you have is cereal, milk, and a bunch of stuff you have to cook. And you're too lazy to cook a good 78% of the time.
    Be less lazy. Alternatively, when you do cook, cook enough for 5 meals, eat one and freeze the rest. Then when you're feeling lazy, you can iust reheat the frozen meals. Very little effort required.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Uhm, last time I checked it was still middle/end September. These different time zones always throws me off the track, though...
    So, mid-October is fast approaching and therefore what he said is entirely relevant. I fail to see what point you think you're making.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Don't forget to factor in the cost of dishwashing liquid. Few things are more demoralizing than spending all your money carefully on stocking the pantry, then realizing a few days into the regime that you have a) no food which doesn't require cooking and b) no means of cleaning the dirty pots. And if you do end up having to substitute. . .other detergents, for the love of all that's tasty rinse the dishes at least twice.
    I... would sometimes not actually wash mine before reusing them the next day...
    Also, my housemates bought the washing up liquid, so the cost wasn't an issue. Also, it lasted a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Err. It's 5 serves of veg, but only two of fruit.
    What?! They changed it on me! That's never going to work. The only way I managed 5 a day tended to be 5 pieces of fruit in a day, all of them the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    The USDA's revised pyramid, developed by Harvard's School of Public Health, disagrees. Now fruits and vegetables are grouped together and a specific number of servings is not listed because different people have different needs.
    That's more like it.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

The USDA's revised pyramid, developed by Harvard's School of Public Health, disagrees. Now fruits and vegetables are grouped together and a specific number of servings is not listed because different people have different needs.
    Taking this quiz, I got:
    8 ounces/day - Grains
    - 4 should be whole
    3 cups/day - Vegetables
    - Dark Green Vegetables = 3 cups weekly
    - Orange Vegetables = 2 cups weekly
    - Dry Beans & Peas = 3 cups weekly
    - Starchy Vegetables = 6 cups weekly
    - Other Vegetables = 7 cups weekly
    2 cups/day - Fruits
    3 cups/day - Milk
    6.5 ounces/day - Meat & Beans
    Oils & Calories
    - Aim for 7 teaspoons of oils a day.
    - Limit your extras (extra fats & sugars) to 360 Calories.
    Exercise
    - 60-90 min/day

Total - 9 cups 6.5 ounces of food/day

In reality:
    Using their food planner, I can see that I get about 1/2 the "Grains" and "Meat and Beans" (Because they count peanut butter), three times the milk, no fruit, and tomato sauce seems to count as a vegetable, so very little vegetables. Also, about double the extra calories, but my total calories are right on their estimated mark of what I should get.

Much better than I expected.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-09-23 at 12:26 PM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

4. - Top - End - #1354

There's a Temple of Doom parody on TV.
    As a result, Indiana Iones will be watched. I don't know which one to watch first though; Raiders, Temple or Crusade.
    Might as well start from the beginning.

Nope Nope. It's going to be Temple of Doom. It's doomy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1355

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Nope Nope. It's going to be Temple of Doom. It's doomy.
    Best slogan ever?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Best slogan ever?
    The Temple of Doom

Entirely different than The Temple of Warm Blankets and Puppies
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm. Neither of those religious institutions appear to actually exist. Where's a charismatic cult leader when you need one?
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

8. - Top - End - #1358

Well, I'm a bit busy with the Church of Curly.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Be less lazy. Alternatively, when you do cook, cook enough for 5 meals, eat one and freeze the rest. Then when you're feeling lazy, you can iust reheat the frozen meals. Very little effort required.
    Be... less... lazy? Smells like work. Its not so bad though. As I always say, "Laziness is the great motivator".
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-09-23 at 01:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm a bit busy with the Church of Curly.
    Shouldn't your avatar be wielding a book?
    Last edited by Pyrian; 2010-09-23 at 01:35 PM. Reason: i before e except after c, etc., etc...
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

11. - Top - End - #1361

Best slogan ever?
    Perhaps.

The Temple of Doom

Entirely different than The Temple of Warm Blankets and Puppies
    The Temple of Doom: Comes with Built-in Barbeque For All Your Sacrificial Needs

He filed for a temporary addition to his vestments in celebration of all things Monty Python.
    I don't approve of the banananananana, but that's because I don't particularly like the taste.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

WTF? They've reclassified tomato as a vegetable.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #1363

I am planning on making a High Priest avatar at some point. Haven't got around to it yet.

He filed for a temporary addition to his vestments in celebration of all things Monty Python.
    I don't approve of the banananananana, but that's because I don't particularly like the taste.
    Well, you won't need to eat it, since I won't be viciously attacking you with it.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

The Temple of Doom: Comes with Built-in Barbeque For All Your Sacrificial Needs
    Oh! Or how about "The Temple of Doom: Come for the Torture, Stay for the Brainwashing"
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't wait for that movie.

"But they'll never take our freedom! Ahhhhhhhh!"

heh heh Free Willy

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Bugbear in the Playground

...that's funny.

Because I can't think of a snarky comment let me just say:

the robot ain't got no arms.
    Currently RPG group playing: Endworld (D&D 5e. A Homebrewed post-apocalyptic supplement.)

My campaign settings: Azura; 10,000 CE | The Frozen Seas | Bloodstones (Paleolithic Horror) | AEGIS - The School for Superhero Children | Iaphela (5e, Elder Scrolls)

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Civilization V - I haz eet! Now it will be even harder to do school work.

And tomorrow I'm off to play Advanced Civilzation for the entire weekend. It's fun, but a bit destructive for my sleep (late nights and early mornings).
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

WTF? They've reclassified tomato as a vegetable.
    Please excuse me. I need to go teach them some basic biology.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

20. - Top - End - #1370

Iob application 1 sent off. Now I need to send off a load more before I get reiected from the first one and start feeling bad about it.

Also, has anyone else ever been logged out, clicked 'Post reply' and then, without thinking, started typing their post instead of their username?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

Iob application 1 sent off. Now I need to send off a load more before I get reiected from the first one and start feeling bad about it.

Also, has anyone else ever been logged out, clicked 'Post reply' and then, without thinking, started typing their post instead of their username?
    No, I never log out

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    No, I never log out
    Me neither

23. - Top - End - #1373

Congratultions! Guess that kick up the butt was worth it after all.

I almost never log out. When I run one of my anti-viral things it takes away me 'stay logged in' status, but I have sometimes had that happen to me when I was using someone else's computer.

ION:
    Curses.
    My Londinium trip to see my university friends is off the cards now due to the illness of a relative.
    A pox upon them.
    Well.
    Another pox upon them.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-24 at 03:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #1374

Congratulations! Guess that kick up the butt was worth it after all.
    I admit, it was a contributing factor.

I almost never log out.
    And to the other people who said that as well.
    I iust have a thing about it I guess. I don't like being automatically logged in to things, I feel I should have to choose to do so. Actually I don't generally log out of things, but I get automatically logged out of here once I've been inactive for x amount of time. Facebook it's only if I close Firefox, which is a less frequent occurrence.

ION:
    Curses.
    My Londinium trip to see my university friends is off the cards now due to the illness of a relative.
    A pox upon them.
    Well.
    Another pox upon them.
    A plague on both their- no, wait, that would affect you as well. And others of your relatives.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #1375

I admit, it was a contributing factor.
    As long as it got the iob done.

And to the other people who said that as well.
    I iust have a thing about it I guess. I don't like being automatically logged in to things, I feel I should have to choose to do so. Actually I don't generally log out of things, but I get automatically logged out of here once I've been inactive for x amount of time. Facebook it's only if I close Firefox, which is a less frequent occurrence.
    Aside from the Booking of Faces and a couple of other sites (I think two tops) this is the only site I use on more than a biweekly basis.
    And you know how frequently I log onto the Book of Faces, so imagine how infrequently I use the other one/two sites.

A plague on both their- no, wait, that would affect you as well. And others of your relatives.
    And with 'others of [my] relatives' you would effectively be cursing about half of Cornwall Wales Cornwall. And that would be a bad thing, even if it does mean the number of villains, scurrilous people and general criminals in Britland would massively decrease.

ION:
    Iust remembered.
    After months of the Finance people smegging up and smegging around I finally got my student loan details. And iust the loans.
    When the KoorlyParents phoned up to ask why I hadn't got my grant details as well the Guy On the Phone said (and I paraphrase) "Your letter [referring to my mum's letter containing a resending of her evidence] is sitting on my desk right now. But we can't open it because it arrived on the 7th of September, and we're only opening the letters that arrived on the 30th of August at the moment."

Beaurocracy is confusing.
    On the other hand, I'm still getting my loans on time, and the grants will be soon.

I love being tightfisted.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

Iust remembered.
    After months of the Finance people smegging up and smegging around I finally got my student loan details. And iust the loans.
    When the KoorlyParents phoned up to ask why I hadn't got my grant details as well the Guy On the Phone said (and I paraphrase) "Your letter [referring to my mum's letter containing a resending of her evidence] is sitting on my desk right now. But we can't open it because it arrived on the 7th of September, and we're only opening the letters that arrived on the 30th of August at the moment."

Beaurocracy is confusing.
    On the other hand, I'm still getting my loans on time, and the grants will be soon.

I love being tightfisted.
    BUREAUCRACY!!

On the other hand, it makes me feel entirely more secure about my own school's fiscal policy. <.<; I just...ow. >.<; The pure logic of this hurts my brain.

Or maybe that's all the reading I've been doing today...O.O; Oh that's right. I'm supposed to be working!

Um...you didn't see me here. *sneaks away*
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1377

And with 'others of [my] relatives' you would effectively be cursing about half of Cornwall Wales Cornwall. And that would be a bad thing, even if it does mean the number of villains, scurrilous people and general criminals in Britland would massively decrease.
    Your relatives are a motley collection of blaggards and scurril rogues, madam! (Really, I iust wanted to use those words. Interestingly, a search on dictionary.com for 'scurril produces no results, but it asked me "Did you mean 'scurril'?" Yes, surprisingly enough I did actually mean the word I typed in for which you have no results (Though it does have the alternative spelling 'scurrile'))

Beaurocracy
    Hmm. Mis-spelling, or cross between bureaucracy and bear? Or a typo of bearocracy, a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the ursine population?
    We may never know.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #1378

On the other hand, it makes me feel entirely more secure about my own school's fiscal policy. <.<; I just...ow. >.<; The pure logic of this hurts my brain.
    I put off doing it for ages. But there's still no excuse for the not-openng-the-letter-sitting-on-your-desk-because-of-rules thing.
    As a further note: the head office for Student Finance England is in Glasgow in Scotland.
    Think your way through that!

Or maybe that's all the reading I've been doing today...O.O; Oh that's right. I'm supposed to be working!

Um...you didn't see me here. *sneaks away*
    There is no Interobulous on the forums.
    There is only Mario.
    *nodnod*

Your relatives are a motley collection of blaggards and scurril rogues, madam! (Really, I iust wanted to use those words. Interestingly, a search on dictionary.com for 'scurril produces no results, but it asked me "Did you mean 'scurril'?" Yes, surprisingly enough I did actually mean the word I typed in for which you have no results (Though it does have the alternative spelling 'scurrile'))
    Well, they are anyway, so no harm done. And I enioy having blaggards and rogues in my family tree, makes things so much more interesting when they gather to talk.

Hmm. Mis-spelling, or cross between bureaucracy and bear? Or a typo of bearocracy, a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the ursine population?
    We may never know.
    Distracted Koorly was distracted and her brain thought faster than her fingers could type, so the letters were mixed up (this happens a lot when I write cursive too).
    However, I do like the idea of a bearocracy. So let's iust say I was aiming for that and made a typo.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-24 at 04:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #1379

Distracted Koorly was distracted and her brain thought faster than her fingers could type, so the letters were mixed up (this happens a lot when I write cursive too).
    However, I do like the idea of a bearocracy. So let's iust say I was aiming for that and made a typo.
    Hells yeah.
    ...and now I'm considering creating a fictional world (Either for stories or a hypothetical RPG campaign) in which humanity is subiugated by a race of intelligent bears.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

So I move into my new house with a group of Freshers I don't know tomorrow.

Considering my general luck in life, I assume within 6 hours of being there I find out they are terrible, terrible people on par with the guy I lived with last year.

Because this is what happens to me.

These are the terrible things that happen to me.

Also:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    SILENT PANIC
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?