New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] Trog's Tavern CCX

Zee eyes the Perfectly Normal Cat.

Suspiciously.

Everyone knows that there aren't any normal animals in the Nexus. Probably just a matter of time before the other shoe drops.

"Okay... So you're from that weird robot planet place and our bad guy has more than one Exaltation. Which... I guess would make him a super bad guy. or something."

She really isn't sure how this exaltation stuff works. Never really did more than just skim the rulebooks.

"Alright! Next question! What's all that blood from and have you ever ridden on a camel before?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

"You should try one."

Nabaz tries to reach around and scratch her back through her black tunic. "Gah, can't scratch with gloves on."

She peels off her gloves with her teeth and then proceeds to scratch her back.

"Ahhhhh, much better."

@InyutheBeatIs Kenyon might be a bit late coming home. He went to pick me up some lemon bars....

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "Alright! Next question! What's all that blood from and have you ever ridden on a camel before?"
    "I c-cannot speak of the first, and I d-don't know what a camel is. Is it some k-kind of large rat?"

Quote Originally Posted by Goober View Post
    "You should try one."
    Minat takes one and examines it before taking a bite. "Mmmmm..."

4. - Top - End - #94

"Nah, it's sorta like a llama that lives in the desert. Big ugly smelly beast of burden that spits a lot."

Sounds like some of the frequent customers at Trog's.

"Hmmm... Can't answer the one about the blood... Well, that just leaves what your favorite color is and what animal your malefactor would be if he were animal."

It's a very important question, that one.

Zee will learn quite a bit from it!

...okay.

Yeah, she's just being silly.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

A cloaked figure steps into the doorway of Trog's for just a moment and silver in the tavern glows. That will be the only warning Memzee gets before a crossbow bolt flies for her chest. It's aimed well enough not to hit any organs. There seems to be a note attached to it. By the time the crossbow bolt hits(or passes) her, the figure is gone and the silver back to normal again.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Zanny looks at the crossbow bolt flying through the air in surprise. The bard can't do anything to stop it, but he looks very annoyed in the direction of the cloaked figure. Before he steps out (talking is a free action after all), Zanny berates him.

"Hey! Does this look like the Black Dragon to you!? Violence is not appreciated in my favorite tavern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned

"Nah, it's sorta like a llama that lives in the desert. Big ugly smelly beast of burden that spits a lot."

Sounds like some of the frequent customers at Trog's.

"Hmmm... Can't answer the one about the blood... Well, that just leaves what your favorite color is and what animal your malefactor would be if he were animal."

It's a very important question, that one.

Zee will learn quite a bit from it!

...okay.

Yeah, she's just being silly.
    "My favorite color is gold," Minat answers. "The color of my home city, Prewig. And for his a-animal... I do not know. The only animals I know well are r-rats."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

The labradoudle that has been hanging around here undeadtimes. He picks up his nose and sniffs around. A lot of his energy has been used up in his previous play and he circles around the tavern a bit more relaxed.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

"GAHHHH! It itches sooooo much!"

Nabaz stops for a moment and her eyes get wide. She gets really quiet and continues to eat her lemon bars.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Minat gives her an odd look.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

A plot-clone of Boss, the man-sized doberman pinscher with a scar over his eye, appears before Nabaz. "Excuse me, ma'am, can I talk to you?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Nabaz jumps. "Jeepers Crepper! I'm never gonna get use to this place. umm... yeah I suppose.."

Nabaz reaches for her gloves and pulls them back on.
    Last edited by Goober; 2010-09-03 at 09:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Nabaz jumps. "Jeepers Crepper! I'm never gonna get use to this place. umm... yeah I suppose.."

Nabaz reaches for her gloves and pulls them back on.
    Boss steps back a bit, to show he isn't a threat. "I'm sorry for frightening you. I was tracking down a medal of an ally of my master's, and I traced it to you. So, I wish to return it to him."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Nabaz pales a bit. "Yeah... well that might be ... difficult to do."

The plate of lemon bars refill outta no where and a steaming cup of tea appears on the table. She ignores them and fidgets with her collar. "Truth is I don't have the medal... wait, did your master's friend lose a coat too?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Nabaz pales a bit. "Yeah... well that might be ... difficult to do."

The plate of lemon bars refill outta no where and a steaming cup of tea appears on the table. She ignores them and fidgets with her collar. "Truth is I don't have the medal... wait, did your master's friend lose a coat too?"
    Boss sighs. "Yes he did lose a coat. I retrieved that coat, but then he lost it again, this time losing a medal in the process. Would you happen to know anything about that?"

((I'm deadtiming for dinner. Be back shortly.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, at least he stole it from the same per..." She's completely astonished. Closing her mouth, she blinks a few times.

"You managed to get it back from Shoop? I'm... wow. That's impressive. You also didn't get charbroiled in the process... Just wow." She sips her tea. "Shoop must be loosing his touch."

Her hair turns red as she sips her tea and the atmosphere at the table becomes sulky.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, at least he stole it from the same per..." She's completely astonished. Closing her mouth, she blinks a few times.

"You managed to get it back from Shoop? I'm... wow. That's impressive. You also didn't get charbroiled in the process... Just wow." She sips her tea. "Shoop must be loosing his touch."

Her hair turns red as she sips her tea and the atmosphere at the table becomes sulky.
    Boss nods. "Yes I did. It was rather easy, I must say. Now, I'm afraid you haven't answered my question."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Oookay.

Well.

Looks like Zee has some interesting events to react to.

"You live in a gold city? Wow! That sounds really neat. Well worth seeing. Though I would imagine getting there might be a bit tricky!" mostly because she has no idea where it is. "Well, with that last bit of information I think I can say with certainty that I know who did this and what they're up to! Obviously the culprit is GUH-!"

Guh?

What kind of silly name is guh?

Oh.

That was just Zee's 'getting hit in the chest with a crossbow bolt' sound.

She wheezes a bit before collapsing face fist onto the table.

*thud!*

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

By the time the bard gets outside, the figure is gone. Yep, no one there. Well, plenty of people are there, just no one in a cloak and using a crossbow.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    By the time the bard gets outside, the figure is gone. Yep, no one there. Well, plenty of people are there, just no one in a cloak and using a crossbow.
    Zanny didn't go outside. He yelled at the cloaked dude before the cloaked dude could get out. Because talking is a free action. Just being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Nabaz sighs. "Unfortunately, I do. I've been trying to make Shoop give it back. But, Well...Shoop tends to do what he wants. I ended up getting whacked by a frying pan, two flower pots and he's changed my hair color four times for trying to convince him to take the coat back." She runs her hand through her hair in frustration and realizes it's now red.

"Make that five times. He disappeared sometime last night. I haven't seen him since. He gotta be close by though. Hey, maybe you've seen him. He'd be hard to miss."
    Last edited by Goober; 2010-09-03 at 10:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Nabaz sighs. "Unfortunately, I do. I've been trying to make Shoop give it back. But, Well...Shoop tends to do what he wants. I ended up getting whacked by a frying pan, two flower pots and he's changed my hair color four times for trying to convince him to take the coat back." She runs her hand through her hair in frustration and realizes it's now red.

"Make that five times. He disappeared sometime last night. I haven't seen him since. He gotta be close by though. Hey, maybe you've seen him. He'd be hard to miss."
    Boss shakes his head. "I can't say I have, no. My only interaction has been to take back what was taken from my master's friend."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Oookay.

Well.

Looks like Zee has some interesting events to react to.

"You live in a gold city? Wow! That sounds really neat. Well worth seeing. Though I would imagine getting there might be a bit tricky!" mostly because she has no idea where it is. "Well, with that last bit of information I think I can say with certainty that I know who did this and what they're up to! Obviously the culprit is GUH-!"

Guh?

What kind of silly name is guh?

Oh.

That was just Zee's 'getting hit in the chest with a crossbow bolt' sound.

She wheezes a bit before collapsing face fist onto the table.

*thud!*
    Minat explodes out of his chair in horror, his artificial eye flicking over Memzee as he reaches into his coat. "Somebody g-get some hot water!" he snaps, pulling out a gleaming scalpel.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

"No black seal plushie to be found. I wish I could be of more help. But I am under .... restrictions due to my situation." She perks up a bit.

"I just thought of something. This is gonna sound completely stupid but it may just work. A trade. Shoop may come out for a trade. Something of as he put's it of "awesomeness". As long as the guy he swiped it from gives him something it may work."
    Last edited by Goober; 2010-09-03 at 10:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I hope this healing energy doesn't make you burst into flames or anything, Zee."
    Ashna sends a little bit of life-force towards Zee, and goes to get some water in a bucket, as that man wants. And heat it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

"No black seal plushie to be found. I wish I could be of more help. But I am under .... restrictions due to my situation." She perks up a bit.

"I just thought of something. This is gonna sound completely stupid but it may just work. A trade. Shoop may come out for a trade. Something of as he put's it "awesomeness". As long as the guy he swiped it from gives him something it may work."
    "...Alright. What do you think would work? I can get almost whatever he would want."
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-09-03 at 10:34 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Hmm...

Zee's not moving much.

Just sorta sitting there. On the table.

Bleeding.

One might assume that the bolt had killed her! Or at least managed to maim her significantly. Though it becomes rather clear that isn't the case when she suddenly sits bolt upright and finishes her thought without skipping a beat.

"-That jerk that I don't remember the name of! But boy did he ever sound mean! And apparently he attacked GLoG or something," the demoness rests her chin on top of her hand, taking on a rather thoughtful look. "And I guess he wants to send everyone to the underworld too since that's sorta the Nerverborn's whole thing isn't it? We'll have to stop him and whatever shenanigans he's up to this time around! Oh! Hey! There's a crossbow bolt in my sternum!"

And with that she yanks it out to read the note.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground

"You're not the Zee I'm looking for, are you?"
    Ashna sighs and tries to heal any last damage from the crossbow bolt. Magic is so fun.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

The message is rather short.

"Welcome back.
    ~M.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-09-03 at 10:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

Nabaz's hair turns purple as she ponders. "It's hard to say. What could a little plushie seal want? You would be surprised. But I think anything that's hand made would work."

She scratches frantically at her back. "I may have found Shoop. I don't know why I took up with an BWAOOOOGGA!" She shuts her mouth quickly.

"Sorry about that. This is what happens when I try to talk about ...well... it."